Old 08-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #1  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Default McDougall Plan?

Have any of you tried this plan? I have been eating mostly Vegan and also Gluten free for a while now and trying to stick to South Beach standards for the most part and am still really struggling to lose weight... I was thinking of trying to incorporate the McDougall plan too- I just ordered the book, and I hope it comes before I go on vaca... From what I can tell online I will be eating pretty much the same but cutting out fat. or using it very sparingly-much more so than now....

Im just sick of not losing!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/200/130

Height: 5'5"

Smile some success

Hi, I had success with McDougall in the past. However, it is difficult to make this a complete lifestyle change forever and ever if your significant other/kids/roommates aren't also following it to the letter. I lost about 50 pounds after the birth of my son by following McDougall, getting almost underweight. I fell off the wagon and gained it plus some back after a couple of years. My biggest criticism is only that it doesn't require you to taper off your eating, just says eat as much as you want. That can spell trouble if you only like the bread and jam option for breakfast, etc. Bread is big trouble for me and weight loss, even on that plan!
4momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #3  

To be honest, I love a lot of the McDougall recipes, but could never follow his plan.
mari2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

rdw1- What do you think after reading the book?

I just found their website for the free version last night. I'm a little concerned about the carbs after being advised by my doctor to follow a low carb diet. One recipe on the website called for a fried potato sandwich... yikes!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #5  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

I have been doing it for about 8 days now...was hungry at first but now enjoying it a lot...for me I really think its something that I can just have as my lifestyle. I read online like you did to get started and I haven't really read the whole book. I bought the wrong one...I was skeptical about eating so many carbs but they're all whole natural foods and if any potatoes are cooled to plan there is no oil involved
Old 09-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Lafayette, did your doctor advise a low carb diet for a certain reason?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

Well, Day 14 and I am down 8lbs! Loving this diet so far... but honestly I was sooo close to eating this way already with exception of all the carbs, I pretty much just cut out my oil and added more brown rice. I love it... but I see how it could be hard for others to follow- especially non-vegetarians!
I will try to update at 30 days too;0)