Old 08-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #1  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Talking 30Somethings August Chat

So... Here we are in August! How are you ladies handling the stresses that come with the middle of the year?

Me, I'm melting. AC doesn't always cool the entire room... And my neighbors just up the way on the street across from me are quickly getting on my last nerve!!!
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Started at 380lbs.

Height: 6'4"

I'm going to jump in even though I'm not a lady Melting here in Nashville. It's in the triple digits for the majority of this week. I can't wait for fall.
ewimsatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #3  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I just ate 2.5 cinnamon rolls DH wanted them for dinner.....

ugh....the real problem is that I made a homemade English muffin on whole wheat muffin bread so I could have a treat of half a cinnamon roll, instead of eating 2 or 3 rolls for dinner. I ended up eating an English muffin and the rolls lol. I'm still well within my calorie allowance, but it still sucks because it's junky, fatty, and sugary. I'm sure the scale will be up tomorrow! I think I let myself get too hungry, so I just gobbled it, because that's not like me. Lesson learned

Other than that, it sure is hot here too. I want to go camping (have to drive a few hours into the mountains) before school starts, but it looks like there's a 40% chance of rain this weekend
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #4  
Believe it to acheive it!

S/C/G: 202/189/153

Height: 5'6

I'm with you ewimsatt!! I live a bit east of you, and we are in the upper 90's all week with heat indexes 105+.
August brings a new challenge to our family. We are homeschooling our son this year, so I am trying to get ahead on lesson planning (not as far ahead as I wanted to be), and my 2yr old starts mommy's day out in 2 weeks. Wow, August just started and it's already busy!!
BabyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

I had a rotten, no good, horrible, very bad day!!!! Started when I stepped on the dog while getting out of the shower and trying to find a dry towel....spilled a huge bowl of tiny bead all over the floor....late for work....spilled soda on my new pants.....patients crashing.....a gazillion consults......late for daughter's championship soccer game....and dog just threw up on the floor. Ate a kid's meal from A and W because of all the stress....so feel disgusting on top of everything, like I just blew my healthy eating plan, which I guess I did.

Time for bed.....

R
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm melting too. I think it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so darn humid here.

I'm really stressed right now, with the kids getting ready to go back to school, and me getting ready to start classes as well. I hardly have any school clothes for the kids yet. My plan is to get them each a couple of outfits to start with, then buying them more when I get my financial aid refund from the college around the middle of Sept. One major issue I have is that I desperately need a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 before August 23, otherwise I will receive a lot of bad grades in my english class until i get my $. Hopefully I can sell my flute before then, and be able to get a copy before classes start. (sorry for the whine fest)

I didnt get to the gym this morning, I slept late...again. Hubby's off tomorrow though so we can go even if we oversleep, lol. Anyways I hope you all are having a good week. I'm going to head to bed early tonight.

ttyl
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #7  
I love my muscles!

jld, what about Open Office? It's open source free software that functions the same as Word. Don't sell your flute! I sold mine after undergrad and regret it so much! At least I still have my piccolo

Last edited by pinkflower; 08-03-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #8  

It's even too hot for swimming here. Thermometer gauge in my car showed 110 degrees today!

Year round school for my elementary aged kids started this past Monday. My husband is traveling this week and I've been stressed trying to get my kids in a good routine by myself. I've been getting it done, but no time for things like cleaning house, so I'm feeling overwhelmed. And to top it off, while my jr. high kid is still out of school for a couple of more weeks, she has gym practice at 7:30 every morning when I am supposed to be getting my other kids to school. For every minute she's late, she has to do 1 rope climb so she's up my butt to get to practice, which just means we have to get up even earlier to make sure the other kids are ready for school by the time we leave for the gym. 3 more mornings, just 3 more mornings until husband is home.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Started at 380lbs.

Height: 6'4"

+1 on Open Office
ewimsatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #10  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Wow - lots going on!

Heat - yes, it's hot here in Nebraska to. We get the "best" of both worlds...108 today and then in 6 months it will be -20 with a foot of snow. Yay. I take 8 kids outside every day for an hour, heat or no heat. They (and I) have learned to assimilate to the warm climate and enjoy the sun on our skin and a little Vitamin D. I admit - we didn't make it a whole hour today...after 40 minutes we were all ready to go in. They love getting out there to water the plants and pick the tomatoes, peppers and zucchini.

RunningToSmile - What a day! I won't chide you for eating fast food. You know it's inadequate fuel for such an extraordinary woman. How's about a "do over" tomorrow?

JLDSgirl - we go through the clothes issue every year. I nearly never buy more than a couple of shirts until the stuff all goes on sale in October. Unless the kids are outgrowing their shoes, or the season changes dramatically, you can hold off.

BabyBoop - *hooray for home schoolers!* I am plugging lesson plans in to my software like a crazy person. We have a 3rd and 7th grader this year...my 7th graders math stuff looks scary - eek!

Pinkflower - I had a week like that last week - stayed within my calorie budget but ate things like chocolate and beer. Only lost .6 of a pound last week too...this week - stuff that's GOOD for me!

ewimsatt - good to see you on the boards! Congratulations on your recent success at the clothing store - you are doing GREAT!

Same stuff going on here. Running and babysitting and cooking and cleaning. Tomorrow I'm going to do a "legs" DVD to start strengthening my quads and glutes more. I suffered a knee injury while running in May and my Doc (a Marathon runner) said that running builds up the back of the legs and I need to build up the front to cure the knee. So far so good with a few leg lifts every day - but I want to take my running farther.

My garden is giving me plenty of produce every day - so we are eating a ton of veggies. I'm constantly amazed at how my family eats veggies. I do get a sigh or two on day 3 or 4 of something with zucchini in it...but they eat it.

Have a great week, all!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #11  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi yawl! It's been a while since I've been on here. Boy has a LOT changed in my life.

I'm finally in "Onederland"...

Well let's see...my boyfriend of 2.5 years had to move back to AL because he couldn't find work here and I can't afford to support anyone else. Then he found work in FL for that oil spill stuff. Then a little over 6 weeks ago he told me that he couldn't be what I needed and drug it all out (the break up) so I finally stood up and told him to make a decision...either he loves me and he wants me or he doesn't. He said (again) he couldn't be what I needed and he wanted me to find someone who could. So we broke up. I went out and had a blast all weekend long. (Yes I behaved myself) I did meet someone. Well guess who came running back...he thought he could go have a weekend fling with someone and then come running back. Oh no ma'am! Yes, I'm thankful he didn't cheat...but I'm not taking him back just because.

So I guess a combination of stress and happiness have helped me finally get back under 200. Now let's see if I can get to my next goal. 185! I got to 187 about 5 years ago...I want to beat right through that old goal and get to a new one! This time keeping it off for good.

PS - here in Texas it's not only HOT...its smouldering. Stupid humidity!
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Flower, thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of open office. I will try to use that until i get my refund. Do you know if the files are compatible with word? the professors use word for grading the documents so it has to function for them (i'm taking my classes online so I only turn in the files, not hardcopy). I probably won't sell my flute. My daughter is almost old enough to take band in school...

pixie: I think we're going to worry about the shoes and socks for now and leave the rest til next month. I did find a really nice button up shirt for my son at the thrift store today for only a quarter, LOL. We are eating tons of veggies from the garden as well. Right now I have a huge basket of tomatoes in the kitchen, plus several squash and zucchini that need to be eaten asap, lol..

Samantha, Sorry about the issue w/ your boyfriend. He's right, he's not what u need. u deserve better

well ladies its bed time. I'll ttyl
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #13  
I love my muscles!

JLD--Yup, it will be compatible and you'll have the options of different formats to save your files in.

http://download.cnet.com/OpenOffice-...-10263109.html
Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #14  
Mission 130

S/C/G: 180/172.5/130

Height: 5'1"

August is make one last run for the beach here in Carolina. My family is migrating south for some sun and sand for a week. My shoulders have been creeping towards my ears with the tension. There's a reason I moved 600 miles south. ^_^

I've already made my grocery list of good things, including lo-cal snacks and good carb breads/pasta for me and my boy. My sisters and mom have had gastric bypass, so they don't worry about what they eat, unlike myself. The beach house will be stuffed to the rafters with white bread, bagels, sweets, chocolate, and alcohol. This is the first year I've planned my own menu and groceries, but I'm really tired of feeling like crap when I'm supposed to be enjoying myself.

I can't wait for school to start. My classroom is unpacked and lesson plans are already started. I feel better now than I did at this time last year.

Here's to the last ditch at summer!
d-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #15  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Samantha - WTG on ridding yourself of MUCH useless *excess*. Sorry about the BF.

d-chan - good job on taking your own food. I love pot-lucks for this reason - I can always take stuff I know I can eat. Your sister and Mom had Gastric Bypass and don't watch their diet!?!? Yikes - sounds like a lot of pain to go through to just put bad fuel back in your "tank".

Having a relatively easy day here. Took my 8yo DD on my run this morning, made some breakfast burritos and received one, YES ONLY ONE daycare sweetie! I managed to sweep and vacuum before lunch and am hoping to zone out and watch a movie during nap time.

Good grief is my booty sore!! I did a lower body DVD yesterday that TORE me UP! Tony Horton's P90 Mater's Plyo Legs. I can hardly sit on the floor with the kids w/out wincing!

We've had a 24hr bug sweeping through the daycare and of course, my family. I've been washing hands, spraying disinfectant and doing what I can...I cared for a little boy last week that had been on an airplane the weekend before and brought this with him. Boo.

Well, off to wash some dishes before lunch.

Last edited by mortonpixie; 08-05-2010 at 11:45 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote