Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #1  
CMR

Default Graveyarders?

Been trying to think in my head how I would go about trying to have somewhat of a eating routine. Ya see, I work 10pm-6am 4 nights a week, which means I'm sleeping during the day. I usually lay down around noon or 1pm, if I'm tired, I won't wake up until 8PM.

Is there Anyone else out there who has a night shift job and can share your experience on how a work day mixed with healthy lifetstyle works for you?
CMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

I usually work 3rd shift 1200 - 8:00 4 or 5 times a month. I don't chage my eating at all. Breakfast when you get home at 6 or 7, lunch betwen 12 - 1, and then dinner at 7 pm.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #3  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I work 9pm to 9am three nights a week. Have done so for 10 years (well, about half that time I was working 11pm to 9am four nights a week).

I usually have a cup of coffee (half decaf) at home before heading in to work, I eat an apple and some almonds on the drive in, have a meal at work before mid-night, another around 3am, and then a meal in the morning. may have a snack of fruit at home before I go to bed or while I'm taking the dogs for their walk.

I don't get enough sleep on my work days, usually only about 4 hours. Sleep is really important but I've never mastered that angle.

About 2 years ago there was a short lived shiftworkers support group here. It's hard to lose weight working the graveyard shift. I think I'm the only one left from that group...
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I work 10pm to 8am 4 to 5 days a week... I've always just eaten like a normal person, just at the opposite time of the day. Breakfast when I wake up/before I go in, lunch around 12am to 1am, snack around 3 or 4, then dinner when I get home around 9 to 10am. I go to bed around 10 to 11, and wake at 8.

*shrug* It's worked for me!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #5  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I work from 10pm to 7am five days a week for the past three and half years. I try to wak up at 8Pm and have a good breakfast because I won't eat again till midnight. I try for 2 eggs or a open face peanut butter sandwich. Something with a little fat and proten.
At midnight I have fruit, most always 2 bananas.
2Am lunch, normally I take my lunch and eat it with another fruit. (strawberries or grapes..something I can split with my BF) This will be my bigest meal.
5am..break...another fruit.
I get off at 7...IF I'm starving and I'll be awake for more than 3 hours, I'll eat something. Something light with little carbs and fat. If I know I'll be awake for longer than three hours I will most always eat a little something.
If I'm going right to bed or I'm so tired I know I won't do any workouts or running about town...and jus lazing in front of the tv...I won't eat anything. I'm in bed by 11..1 pm at the very latest.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #6  
CMR

Thank you so much for sharing how you guys work things out, I can't tell you how much it will help me

Eating 2 or 3 times while at work won't be an issue at all for me; I'm a clerk a hotel and lately especially, the hotel has sold out by midnight, so I pretty much have nothing to do til around 5am, then that's when I need to start gathering my personal items and paperwork.

Last edited by CMR; 07-28-2010 at 10:47 AM.
CMR is offline   Reply With Quote