Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Default First OA meeting and an NSV

I went to my first OA meeting today and loved it--everyone was so welcoming and everything they said fit me to a T. I got some of their literature and plan on going again. Since i heard about OA from you guys, I wanted to say "Thanks!"
And later when I got home I was cleaning out the fridge and noticed some leftovers piling up. Healthy stuff like sauteed veggies and nonfat refried beans, so I thought I'd heat it up and eat it as a snack.
I was just about to eat it, when I realized I wasn't hungry for all that food! I knew I'd be content with the 3/4 cup leftover veggies and I didn't want the beans at all. So I threw the beans away, which is huge for me because I hate to waste food.
I think I just realized that I don't have to be the garbage disposal for leftovers, just to be thrifty. God won't strike me dead if I waste a little food every now and then!
Thanks guys!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI CHICKYBIRD ~ I'm so glad that you found a group that you like. I have often wished that we had one here. The nearest one is in a city over 75 miles away; but maybe one could be started here too -- gee you got me thinking about that ...

I think it would be a great way to make new friends and have direct support right there in your area too. Congrats on the great start to your new healthy lifestyle. I am noticing that I am automatically making better choices every week now.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #3  

Thanks girl! The website was really helpful too.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

There is also a forum on here for binge eaters and OA people, which might be helpful for those times when you can't get there from here....
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #5  

Thanks Madeline! I wasn't sure if I posted this in the right forum--apologies if I messed up.
I just got back from spending the weekend in Austin. Lots of fun, and I think i did well OA wise. I ate some not so healthy food (pizza, twice), but was pretty health conscious the whole time (salads, fruit, lots of water). And I don't drink. The great news?
I didn't overeat! I ate sensible portions and didn't feel guilty. I have my next OA meeting on Wednesday. I hope I can stay motivated. I'm only weighing myself once a week, so I won't know damage until Friday, but right now I'm more concerned with learning how to eat normal amounts.
Thanks guys!