Old 07-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Talking Just What I Needed in July - All My Worldly Friends

Crikey - here we are in a new month already. Seems like I just finished the month end reports at work and here we go again.

Not too creative of a title for this month but it's late, I'm tired and I have a headache and I wanted us to get set up soon.

It's been a rollercoaster June for many of us - let's shake off the bad stuff and have a month of good things all around. In fact, I'll drink to that

Welcome to July ladies of the World
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Bumping the new thread ahead of the old one.

Hope this month brings us health, happiness and a bunch of other good possibilities
Old 07-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #3  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies -

Want to know what's even better than my office closing at noon? Since I come in between 6 and 6:30 each day, my boss says I can leave when my 1/2 day is up (at 10:30)!! DH has to work all day today, but we both have Monday off. We hope to do LOTS of fishing, see a parade or two, and, of course, go see fireworks. Other than that, we'll be grilling out a lot, and I'll be on my lounge chair in the back yard as it's supposed to be gorgeous all weekend - well Sunday might be hot and humid and Monday it might rain...but gorgeous today and tomorrow anyway. I've still got the chest congestion...and my body is quickly letting me know when I'm pushing myself too hard, but I think lots of relaxing outdoors and getting Vitamin D will help me feel better. I'm hoping to feel well enough for Zumba by Monday or Tuesday.

Shad - Your photos are so lovely! I'm hoping to have time and energy to post some photos from my trip this weekend! How are things going now that you're back in Melbourne?

Laura - Too bad you don't live closer...you could do the Thriller challenge with me! Who did you go see at Ravinia? DH and I heard about how nice it is to see a concert there...and we really want to go one of these days! It's especially nice that you can bring in a cooler set up a lovely picnic.

Happy - Love your signature line...out with the grumbling. As they say nowadays...true dat! I, for one, have SO much to be grateful for.

Mel - Hope you got some great stuff at TJ's.

Ceejay - Don't overdo it this weekend. Just relax and enjoy your remaining recuperation days.

I've got lots to get done before I leave...so better get to it.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #4  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. HAPPY JULY & HAPPY FRIDAY!!
I WILL LOVE A 3 DAY WEEKEND AFTER THIS WEEK. BETWEEN STOMACH, KIDS AND WORK I COULD USE THE 3 DAYS FOR MYSELF. SORRY I HAVEN'T READ ANY POSTS SINCE WEDS BUT I'LL CATCH UP OVER THE WEEKEND. JOHN IS OUT AND I NEED TO GET DOWNSTAIRS. 2 REPAIRMEN AND A PLUMBER ARE DUE BEFORE 9 AM AND I HAVEN'T EATEN YET
HAVE A GREAT DAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

Happy Short Workday / Long weekend to those of us stateside. Got caught up in a convo with a friend on FB this morning so I will probably be back later tonight. Stay cool and enjoy your weekend.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #6  

Happy Friday everyone!

Happy - Thanks for setting up our new thread! The beginning reminds me of that Cars song, lol. I used to love that band!!

Michelle - Done with work by 10:30 - nice!! Enjoy your time lounging in the sun, fishing and the holiday events. I have some weeding and shrub trimming to do out front this weekend. Bf and I don't have any special plans, but we always go to our local fireworks display. This year I'd like to go to the parade, either our village's or the one next village over (Arlington Hts). And of course there's festivals all over the place.

Mel - Enjoy your 3-day weekend! Hope it's pleasant and restful - plenty of time to catch up, and let us know if you found anything new and interesting at TJ's!

Ceejay - That's a high deductible, but it's a good thing you've saved up for it.

Hellos to Annie & Shad, and happy b-day to Nae.

Here it is July 2nd and I was on the train this morning with my June pass. And the conductor didn't notice, and yesterday evening's conductor didn't either! I think they didn't do reminder announcements because they've been doing announcements about the extra trains for the holidays. I get my ticket via mail and I don't think I saw it come this week. Even if it did, it won't help me today if it's back at home. I better buy a one-way ticket for my ride home - my luck probably won't hold out, and they tack on a $3 surcharge if you buy the ticket on the train when you could have purchased it in the station.

We didn't go to the concert last night because doggy still wasn't feeling well(nausea/vomiting) and we didn't want to leave him w/ bf's mother because if he got worse, we'd still have to come home to take him to the emergency vet. And for a couple hours, we thought his stomach trouble could be due to an eaten sock, which would be really serious. But thankfully bf found the other sock. Usually neither of us leave stuff like that sitting around, and this will certainly teach bf to be more diligent. Anyway, doggy might have gotten into something in the yard (the vet asked if we have mushrooms growing in our yard) or the anesthesia from Tuesday irritated his stomach. He's on a chicken/rice diet for the time being, but seems much better today. I want to get him off that chicken & rice soon so he doesn't turn up his nose at his usual kibble, LOL.

Okay, I better get back to work. I want to get my desk organized. Have a great weekend everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #7  
Happy September

I'M ON A BREAK. THE BROKEN FRIDGE IS FIXED. NOW IT'S ON TO THE WASHER REAPIR AND THE PLUMBER. BOTH OF WHICH ARE RUNNING LATE
TOLD THEM BE HERE BEFORE 4 OR COME NEXT TUESDAY WHEN JOHN IS BACK!! NOT GOING TO MAKE A LATE NIGHT OUT OF STUPID STUFF THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELLED.
ANYWAY... RICHIE WAS HERE LAST NIGHT. TOOKS STUFF UP TO JEN. WE HAD A GOOD CHAT. TOLD HIM HE BETTER TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY BABY GIRL THIS SUMMER HE HAS NO WORK AGAIN TILL TUESDAY. WISH HE COULD GET A BREAK.
THE MAYOR AND THE TOWNSHIP COUNCIL AWARDED ME A PLAQUE IN ABSTENTIA FOR SO MANY YEARS OF VOLUNTEERING. EVERYONE SAID HE GAVE ME A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE. I DECLINED TRANSPORT TO GO THERE. INTESTINES NOT WELL THIS WEEK AND GOOD THING I DIDN'T GO ....HIS INAUGURATION AND THE AWARD CEREMONY DIDN'T END UNTIL AFTER 10 PM. WAY PAST MY BEDTIME!
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL DAY!

HAPPY...THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD AND I LIKE THE TITLE...IT IS A GREAT MONTH FOR FRIENDS TO STICK TOGETHER. HOPEFULLY OUR WOES WILL BE LEFT BEHIND AND NONE OF US WILL HAVE ANY SURPRISES!!

LAURA.... GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT THE DOGGIE ATE!!! THEY ARE SUCH GLUTTONS FOR CHEWING ON JUNK! POOR THING...HOPE HE FEELS BETTER SOON. GET THAT TICKET SO THEY DON'T ARREST YOU ON THE TRAIN FOR FREELOADING!! I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ROOM ON MY CREDIT CARD TO BAIL YOU OUT OF JAIL!!

MICHELLE...I HOPE THAT THE RELAXING OVER THE WEEKEND IS JUST THE TICKET TO GET YOU BACK ON YOUR FEET 100%. WATCH THE MEDS AREN'T "SUN SENSITIVE".
I KNOW MY DOXYCLYCLINE IS AND I BURNT LIKE A FRIED ONION ONE YEAR. SENDING GOOD HEALING THOUGHTS YOUR WAY...GLAD YOU GT OUT EARLY

HELLO TO CEEJAY, SHAD & ANNIE....HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOO. WE'LL ALL BE TOGETHER IN A SPIRITUAL HOLIDAY BBQ THAT SPANS THE WORLD!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-02-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Glad your dog is feeling better.

Michelle
Sounds like you have the week end planned. Enjoy the time off.

Mel
Rest this week end. I think it's time to watch some good movies.

My week is coming to a close. In a way I'm ready to go back to work.

Had some weird nosies last night. Part of them were fire crackers that sounded like they were being thrown at the house. etc. This morning the mailbox was open. And one or more people walking around in the yard. I had one of those nights where I couldn't sleep. I'm wondering if the stuff the ent sprayed my nose with kept me awake. I checked the camera's but it showed nothing. If I hear it tonight i'm calling the people in blue.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Friday Evening.....

What a freakin day.....Dad fell on the back porch, thank God my brother from Illinois just happen to be there. Anyway it was a 911 day and at the hospital...Dad has a HUGE hematoma on the back of his head and a pretty smashed up elbow that would seem to quite bleeding. Cat scan showed bleeding in the brain. Not a lot but enough to worry and keep him in the hospital. Neurologist is looking after him for that, Endocrinologist for his sugar, etc etc etc. He has a terrible headache and elbow ache, all and all he won't die from it, but is being watched. Have I mentioned I LOVE hospitals? NOT!!

On a good note, I called in sick yesterday and went to the Woodhouse spa, thank you my sista worldlie friends....yes I got to use the GC for a deep tissue massage from Ray. He had great hands...hehe....it was all legal. The massage probably got me through this day of dad and hospital.

There has been so many things going on with my family and hospitals in the last year or so I think CVS and Humana think I make crap up. Haha. I guess I could show them the bills from it all. I get to feeling badly about leaving work all the time for a family member, but dang it, we are all we have, right?

I am not going to do personals as I am exhausted from being at the hospital and trying to keep dad's spirits up. He tends to get talking about mom and all the flood gates break, so I have to keep thinking of other stuff to say to keep him from crying. Now I have an imagination and can talk your arm off, but come on, any suggestions out there for babble??

To all who are ailing...please feel better. Mellie, I think this time you are doing pretty good. Amen!

Many prayers for everyone!

Much Love and Many Hugs...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

That is "that wouldn't seem to quit bleeding" Guess I am tired.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

PS...another bright side, I am off at CVS and Humana til Tuesday, was going to go to St. Louis again, but with Dad and all, I had better stick close.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #12  
Happy September

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE! LOTS OF TIME FOR A GOOD REST UP
WE'RE LOOKING AT A HEATWAVE FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. WARNINGS WERE ALL OVER THE TV LAST NIGT AND THIS MORNING. I POSTED MY SIGNS FOR THE SENIORS YESTERDAY MORNING. HOPEFULLY THEY LISTEN. THEY USUALLY DO. THEY'RE MORE AFRAID OF ME THAN MR SUN I AM IN A GOOD MOOD. WE HAD GLORIOUS WEATHER FOR A FEW DAYS AND IT WAS SO COOL I TURNED OFF THE A/C AND WAS OUTSIDE. LOVED IT. YESTERDAY WAS BUSY. NOW 3 DAYS OF BLISS.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!

CEEJAY....SO RIGHT YOU ARE...THIS IS A GREAT DAY FOR A DVD WEEKEND AND NOW THAT YOU GAVE ME THE IDEA...I WILL OFFER THE SENIORS THE SAME AND PLAY DVDS IF THEY WANT TO WATCH IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM. THANKS FOR THE IDEA!!! HOPE YOU GET A BETTER NIGHTS SLEEP AND NO INTERRUPTIONS. BUT THIS IS THE HOLIDAY FOR TOSSING FIRECRACJKERS AROUND. SOMEONE SET SOME OFF IN THEIR BACK YARD NEAR HERE. YIKES! SCARED THE BEJESUS OUT OF ME
IF THE NOSE SPRAY HAD AN ANTIHISTAMINE IN IT, IT COULD HAVE KEPT YOU AWAKE. SENDING HUGS

ANNIE....OLDER PEOPLE NEED TO REALLY CRY IT OUT AND THEY DO DRAG ON THE SORROW STUFF. IT'S STILL SO FRESH AND NEW TO YOU AND I KNOW IT'S HARD FOR YOU TO LISTEN AND NOT GET DRAGGED DOWN YOURSELF...BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY D...THEY CALL IT "REMINISCING". THERE'S A LOT OF YEARS THEY SPENT TOGETHER AND IT'S SCARY TO THEM WHEN THEY LOSE PART OF THEMSELVES. HOPEFULLY HE WILL LET IT GO SOON WISH I HAD A BETTER ANSWER. I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT HIS FALL AND WISH HIM A SPEEDY RECOVERY. PLEASE TAKE CARE ODF YOURSELF. IT'S BEEN A GRUELING TIME FOR YOU AND YOU NEED TO RECOVER AS WELL. SO GLAD YOU DID THE SPA THING! AND WITH MR. HANDS TOO!! NEXT TIME WE'L;L GET YOU A CARD WHERE THEY MASSAGE THE PARTS THIS GUY LEFT OUT!!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Happy 4th of July to you all. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend barbecuing and family and all.

Annie - So sorry to hear about your fathers fall and his consequent trip to hospital. Must have brought back some nasty memories for you all. Hope he gets well soon. And yes he will talk about your Mum for quite a while. No doubt the teary bits are due to the shock and pain of his own fall and his own mortality. You just have to grit your teeth and get through it. I guess I was somewhat lucky in that Mum only remembered my Dad for a short period of time before she went down the road of senility. Not much weeping or wailing there.

Mel - good to hear you so chipper. I was think of you yesterday while I was flying from Melbourne to Brisbane as there was a clip of the wildlife foundation looking for save the Koala donations. NZ is also trying to stop some idiot from culling a whole heap of Weka (sort of swamp hen bird) because they are getting in the way of his making more $$$$ I should go find out more about that and put my 2c worth as well.
Watch out for the sun yourself. Slip, slop and slap my friend if you go outside.

Happy - thanks for setting up the thread. I hope the headache has gone and that you are feeling lots better than you were.

Ceejay - take it easy. The nosebleed was obviously a message to say that you are putting too much pressure on it.

Laura - Hope doggy is okay now. It's not good when we see our furry babies unwell.

Michelle - hope that you are feeling better too. Get rid of this summer bug asap.

I flew back from Brisbane yesterday and will be leaving for Chinchilla late this morning and go to Talinga for the next few days. Then I think I am going up to Roma and points north for some training. I know I have to be in Kincora by 23rd July. That's up by Rolleston and close to one of the most beautiful places in the State - Caernarvon Gorge. I've been there once before. It is an interesting geological formation with lush vegetation and several canyons which have some of the last specimens of the King fern and it's relations. If I get time I will go up there but I can't promise anything.

So, now it is time to get dressed, go out and do some weeding. The gardener has bronchitis and flu. I need to get some mulch as well and help the DS2 tidy up the front yard after the brickie. He wasn't the tidiest bloke in town and the bricks need stacking up after him. So a little exercise before getting back in the car won't go amiss. I really need to get back into it and will start being vigilant again. Won't get rid of this weight any other way. I have proved that before.

So I will be back later tonight maybe if I get into the motel in time to pick up a cable. I'll see you all then
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #14  

Back to work tomorrow. Every one enjoy your week end.

Annie
So sorry to hear about your dad. Sending him good healing vibes.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-03-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #15  

I'll do personals later. Had another bad nose bleed while ago.

Shad
i think you are absolutely correct. I need to slow down and take my own advice--you are not healed on the inside yet. The doctor would dismiss me if I were healed.