Beck Diet Solution - I need a Diet Buddy! Who's game?

View Full Version : I need a Diet Buddy! Who's game?

AmberPr
06-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Good Morning!
I just got my Becks Diet book. I'm brand new to this board and, having looked around a little bit, think that this is a great place to be.

I live in MN, have a husband and a 15 year old daughter. A dog, a cat, a hampster, and, possibly soon, a baby snake... that's another story all in itself.

A couple of years ago I was able to lose 35-40 lbs, and I've maintained that, but I really have another 45 to go. I think an online diet buddy would be a great choice for me and I could really use the accoutability.

Hope to talk to you soon,
Amber

Beverlyjoy
06-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi Amber...WELCOME to Beck. I think you will find the Beck Techniques helpful in learning to live with food.

Lots of folks use the monthly chat thread as their coach/buddy. Of course, not all. Some folks have a buddy away from 3fc and also participate in the daily chat.

Glad you posted.

BillBlueEyes
07-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Hello and welcome Amber (AmberPr) - I second the suggestion by Beverlyjoy that you drop by the monthly Beck thread for discussion, support, buddy, and coaching.

The July thread just started:
Beck Diet For Life/Solution July 2010 Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/206005-beck-diet-life-solution-july-2010-support-discussion-buddy-coach.html)

maryblu
07-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Welcome, Amber! Another Minnesodan. I can't wait til you have had enough posts so I can pm you! It seems to me, and I think most of us will agree, that posting here keeps us accountable, which I think is the point of having a coach, and since we are all working the Beck Diet Solution, we are the best coaches possible.

We all coach each other, and it works.

AmberPr
07-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Hope you are all away from your computers and enjoying the 4th of July weekend. I will join you on the monthly thread as suggested.

"Talk" to you soon, Amber