Old 05-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #1  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Default 2nd Week of May Weekly Chat

Good morning chickies! I was up waaay too early today : ) To-do lists are running through my head so I just had to get up. I hope everybody had a great weekend! I ran across a diet story online this morning, about a diet based completely on it's antioxident values. No other nutritional values posted! It's called the O2 diet. Some of the meal ideas sound interesting, some are just plain yucky sounding! And others sound like way more food then I can eat. Where do they come up with this stuff?

ange82much: glad you made it home safely!
petra: way to go!

I'm hoping to hit the pool today and work on my tan, it actually got really cool here the last couple of days so I'll have to wait until the afternoon when it warms up. Time to do some serious unpacking!

Kathi

Last edited by weightlosswanted; 05-10-2010 at 07:02 AM.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Good morning, all. Happy Monday.

This weekend, I did well with my food choices (good stuff, for the most part), but not so well with the exercise. So, this morning, I am off to the gym and I hope to get a vigorous workout before going to work.

I hope you all have a great week. (And happy belated Mother's Day!)
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #3  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

I've been on again off again for the last couple weeks. I've been checking in but not posting lately. Today begins a new week! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Summer is getting so close!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

to all!

Rough weekend - Sunday was a food train wreck, but it was expected. 4 POUNDS up from Sunday morning! I am so glad that I've reached the point in this journey that I can laugh about four pounds, and jump right back on plan.

Think I may have hit my stress threshold. I remember seeing a film in 9th grade psychology that showed lab mice in a shock box - they would get random shocks anywhere in the box, so there was no "safe" place and they could never know when it was coming. Eventually, they just kind of sat there and let themselves get shocked. I suspect that it's time for me to line up a counselor and sort out all the random thoughts and figure out a) what I want, and b) how to get there with the least collateral damage. If I leave things the way they are, I think one or more of my organ systems is going to explode and leave little messy bits all over everything.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

OMW-look at you, half way to your goal! That's awesome.

I had a pretty miserable weekend to be honest. I had to work and I got woken up a lot at night being on call. I'm feeling really tired today and its a terrible way to start the week. I thought I was going to have to a consult on a 7 year old today and I was really dreading that but they called this morning and cancelled that. That is WAY out of my comfort zone.

That 219 is still on my scale this morning so I don't feel like a cheater.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Becky-we were cross posting. Yes, that is a well known psychological phenomenon called "learned helplessness". We see it a lot in women or adults who grew up in abusive homes. Once they know there is nothing they can do to avoid the abuse, they just stop fighting. It then becomes difficult to motivate them to do things to help themselves because they see no point in it.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #7  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

This weekend I practiced a maintenance frame of mind. I have been losing weight very quickly and consciously ate more to meet my energy needs. The scale told me I lost .5 pounds over the weekend, which showed me that I succeeded in slowing my weight loss. I'm not crazy about it, but I remind myself I'm not on a crash diet, I am building a lifetime plan.

In two weeks, I leave for my big trip to Chicago & Detroit. I haven't gone away for vacation in years and there is so much to do. This is going to be emotional b/c in Chicago, I will see my ex for the 1st time since we broke up 9 years ago. He was truly the great love of my life and it will be bittersweet to see him.

I decided to finally get a smartphone & waiting for Fed Ex to deliver it. It's an Android Incredible and I'm so excited.

So, things are going great and today, I will stick to my usual weekday food plan. And I hope I get in a good run in tonight. I have been having trouble motivating myself to run.

Can't wait to hear about your weekends.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi everyone, just now getting caught up!

Barb-Loved your photos! Look at you climbing hills and rocks!! Hope the weigh-in went well.

Peanut's-Hope you had a nice b-day celebration with your Dad, and enjoyed time with your kiddo.

WLW-I'm sure you are glad to have that move over with. Good luck getting settled in.

Petra-Sounds like a busy weekend for you AND an official 3 pound loss!! Woot! Sorry yesterday/last night was so tough.

SLRoth-Glad to hear hubby is on the bandwagon with you on eating healthy. Sorry to hear about your dog! They are so dependent upon us.

ICU-You are right about the "momming" thing. Hope you had a great day yourself. Hope you can find a way to reduce your stress level. Good th ing you recognize you need to work on that.

Chickie-Sounds like you are doing very well in your flexible menu. Healthy choices. I bet you'll do fine on your weigh-in. Your upcoming trip sounds like fun! If you see your ex....just hold your head up and show him how happy you are right now....without him!

Ange-I can identify with being impatient. I've always wanted things NOW, but realize that isn't realistic at all. Slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race!!

Hi Kitteh! Hope you had a good workout today!!

Good to see you OMW! Have a great week!

I had a pretty bad weekend foodwise, but weighed in for giggles yesterday and was still at 166....I was too afraid to push my luck this morning, so I am going to wait until at least Thursday to tempt the scale again! From Friday through Sunday, I had.....1-cheeseburger w/ fries, 1 Subway 6" sandwich w/ a few chips, 2 giant slices of Papa Murphy's Taco pizza (there oughta be a law...), nachos w/ extra cheese, and 2 slices of bakery cake.....I KNOW!! Back on plan today, though and hoping for the best.

We went on a day trip and I enjoyed being with my boys. Here is a link to my Photobucket file of those pics.

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...kCanyon026.jpg

We went to Red Rock Canyon here in OK and just had a nice day. Had a picnic lunch and went on a nice trail walk/light hike.

Watched Betty White on SNL and she was so funny! Also went and saw Iron Man 2 Sunday with my younger son. Great movie if you like that sort of thing. I love both Robert Downey, Jr. and Mickey Rourke.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #9  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Annie - Beautiful pic! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your boys

MC- Smartphones ROCK! I love my Droid. I know you are excited

Petra - Sorry you had such a crappy weekend. WOO HOO on the loss though!

Becky - Hang in there doll!

OMW, Kitteh, and WLW Good Monday morning to you all.

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day. I did since I got to spend it with my Mom. She was up for the family funeral we had last week.

It was bittersweet but I got to see a lot of family so that was good. It put my schedule in a tailspin. I managed to maintain so I was estatic considering what I ate. Home cooked Southern food is dang hard to resist and since its the only thing around to eat, I didn't have much of a choice.

So I'm back full force on the plan. I'm going to a new doc today for the liver. I found out one of my liver enzymes was 20 times what it should be and the other was 10 times higher. My regular doctor said we'd just watch it, but I thought you can just watch it but I'm not. YIKES! I'm still very fatigued and it's not getting better so something else has got to be done.

Anyway, it's good to be back with you ladies. Missed ya!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

hope everyone had a good weekend/Mothers Day!!! We had a really nice time for the party. Some old family friends that I hadn't seen in several months were there, so all the compliments were very nice!!

But I'm also kind of glad that the celebrating is over for now - I'm looking forward to a few weeks where there will be fewer temptations for me to fall off plan. Not that I feel off plan over the weekend, but it's a lot easier to stay on plan without all the really good stuff around!!

I'll be back later to try to do more personals but have to say wooohoooo Petra on the 2-teens!!!!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #11  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

petra - thanks for providing the correct term! Gonna have to noodle on this, as I've had a history of a LOT of negative self-talk, and used plenty of negative adjectives. I have to say, though, that "helpless" was never one of them, and it does put things in a whole different perspective.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote from a weather-watcher FB friend here in OK: "National Weather Service: THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT POTENTIAL FOR STRONG TORNADOES IN THE HIGH
RISK AREA...PARTICULARLY FROM THE OKLAHOMA CITY METRO AREA NORTH ALONG AND EAST OF INTERSTATE 35. THE POTENTIAL FOR STORMS IN THESE AREAS DURING RUSH HOUR WILL HEIGHTEN POTENTIAL IMPACTS."

Going to be watching very closely this afternoon. Hoping and praying for the best.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Howdy everyone! I can't beieve it's another wek already so soon! We had guests yesterday...call-ins, so after hiking all day and just getting settled in to watch tv, we had to finish cleaning a room, bake cookies, and fluffy up the house. Thankfully I had enough breakfast foods to serve everyone...all except one gluten free...without a middle of the night run to the grocery. y the time I was done eating lunch today, boy was I tired! Took a nap and just woke up a few minutes ago, so I am kinda late jumpin' on the Monday morning posting train!

Kathi-"they" will do just about anything to come up with a way to get folks to part company with money, LOL! I see a lot of "dietary special needs", much of which is just plain nonsense or this year's fad *allergy*...like the man who was allergic to eggs last year, so I had to really get creative for a few days' worth of breakfasts. And then he ate a cookie while I was clearing the table. I guess he wasn't allergic to *those* eggs, just the ones for breakfast...who knew ;-) Hope you got some sun and also got some of your treasures put in their new homes today!

Kitteh-every good choice you make is better than making only bad choices. Step by step and every tiny bit helping! And congrats on having the motivation to exercise before work. Before I go to work, I drink coffee!

OMW-Glad to see you!

Becky-HUGS and hang in there! Everything will work itself out in time.

Petra-you deserve your 219, so just keep it yours! I can't remember when your vaca is? Soon? It has got to be tough to do your job.

Chickie-sounds like a good trip coming up. You never know...maybe you will see your ex in a while new light and wonder why you ever fell??? Or maybe...who knows. Sounds like you are comfortable with your dietary choices for now, so congrats on that! You'll figure out exactly what you need to be, an it;s nice if you can relax a little and just let it happen.

Annie-thanks so much! I can't believe how much fun I've had looking for little plastic containers full of trinkets! We don't take any treausres, but always leave a pet toy or a child's toy and have gotten to see some really awesome places already. I am hooked for sure, and even though I feel like I had a last chance workout with Jillian today, it has really been exciting to be able to be so active. Even before I got fat, my back was so bad that I just kind of flopped around the house mostly. This is a blessing and an unintended consequence for which I am truly grateful! And YOU are doing some hiking too, I see...and the pics are wonderful...thank you! But where did all those trees come from? Here, we have mostly sagebrush and rock, or a few occasional pine trees and sagebrush. Your pics look so lush!

Kim-I am happy to see you today. And I know what you mean about that Southern cooking. A few days in the big picture is not the end of the earth, just get back on plan and it will be fine. Hope your new doc is more helpful than your other one. twent and 10 times higher sounds like a lot, but I don't know much about liver enzymes. Crossing fingers for you. Did I mention it's nice to see you?

PeanutMom-You resisted temptation all weekend? Good for you! Well done. It does get old after a bit though and it's harder to stick to plan non stop. So anything close seems like a major accomplishment. Congrats!

Annie-just saw your tornado post. Click your heels together 3 times and say, "no tornados at my house!"

Happy happy me to see everyone here and have great support chicks! Thank you all so much!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #14  
Philly Dancing Queen

S/C/G: 265/245/170

Height: 5 ft3

Hey all - I'm new to the chat, just wanted to say hello.
I'm doing OK. I just ended a year-long relationship so it's been a little rocky. And then my previous ex just told me he's seeing someone new. So it's been kind of rough.
Anyway, my food choices have been pretty good - I was having a HUGE urge for nachos, but instead of going to the local pub and having a giant plate with tons of cheese and sour cream , I made my own small portion with baked tortilla chips, lite cheese and guacamole.
My goal is to work out 4x a week now. I've been doing weight training three times a week. I need to add more cardio, which I hate. So frigging boring on the treadmill or bike or whatever. Sigh.
toomuchmoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #15  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Hey toomuchmoxie! Welcome to the forum : ) This is a great place for encouragement and motivation. Sounds like you've already got a plan and are working it - way to go! Sorry to hear about the ex, but focusing on you and what you need will get you through it : )
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote