Old 05-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #1  

Default I've learned to do without.... I can't live without....

I love the WW plan because it is truly a lifestyle change and not just a diet. My favorite part is being able to eat regular food, just making wiser choices and watching my portion. I did WW a few years ago with great success. Then life happened and I gained it all back, plus some. I have been back on for about a month or so and I thought it would be fun to list foods we have learned we can do without since starting WW and foods we still indulge in.

I have learned that I can do without butter, cheese, and white bread. While I still LOVE all of them (esp white bread), I find that they are just not worth the points to me.

On the flip side, something I cannot do without and will not substitute is CHOCOLATE!!! I love chocolate so much. I have definitely cut way back but every couple of days I save some points just for my sweet tooth.

Anyone else?
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #2  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

This is fun! It was actually a lot harder to come up with my list than I thought it would be! I have been doing WW for 3 weeks, and completely agree, it is a LIFESTYLE change not a diet. I am allowed to enjoy my life and family, and lose weight What a concept!

So far in my journey, I have discovered that:

I can do without: white bread & white products (pasta), butter, potatoes, pastries, and soda. I have not even missed them (except french fries, they are a potato!).

I can not live without: ice cream/dessert- thank you WW for all the ice cream and cake selection it is the only way I have survived!, popcorn, grilled corn on the cob, baked beans, and fresh fruit. I tried South Beach before WW and they limited your fruit intake. Anyone notice a BBQ theme in my foods?? Must be summer!

1bighog: Happy belated birthday! CONGRATULATIONS on wearing a size 10!! Keep up the great work!!

Good luck to all!
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #3  

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/198.4/160

Height: 5'6"

I can't live without rice but I've learned to do without so much of it. I've gone from at least 2 cups w/ every meal to 1 or less. It's still pretty hard, but I'm learning the values of other side-dishes.

I've actually eaten more chocolate since I've started WW than when I wasn't, go figure.
rayosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #5  

Ooh, rice! I love rice! I don't make it nearly as often, but when I do I tend to eat much more than a portion. As I like to tell my friends--I'm Korean; I don't eat chicken with rice, I eat rice with chicken!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #6  
New But Not New To WW

S/C/G: 278.8/262.8/140.0

Height: 5'2"

I can live without: anything fried.

I cannot live without: Laughing Cow Cheese Lite, Wasa Crackers, Fruits & Vegetables, & Chocolate.

I have not cut any food out of my life. I do cook it differently and watch the portion size.

Last edited by paularose1969; 05-05-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Geez I hit the enter key & poof!
paularose1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163.5/138.5/130

Height: 5'2

I am only about a week in - but this topic is interesting.

I realized just tonight that I can live without butter.

We had a "breakfast for dinner" night tonight at home. I was resigned to my one slice of toast (w/butter) and one over-medium egg - when for some reason I checked the bacon label.....

I had 2 slices of bacon and skipped the butter on my toast - oh yeah (Can you believe there is more fat/cals in butter than bacon??????)

I also used off-brand spray to keep my egg from sticking vs butter.

I am trying to figure out how I will/ if I can - live without mayo.

It might be one of my must haves just because I cannot get down with mustard lol
ThatGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #8  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

I absolutely cannot live without mayo! I am trying to give the low fat version a shot, but I will always reserve Points for mayo! LOL
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #9  

for you butter and mayo lovers...brummel & brown natural yogurt butter is only 1 pt per serving and I think it's way better than regular butter, I actually use so little of it on toast sometimes I dont even count it. Kraft free mayo is no points and its pretty good too.
jcurran23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #10  
Should Be Good

S/C/G: 209/206/145

I can live without all those potato chips! I don't even crave them any more. They're not really filling and they aren't my favorite food. I can also live without chicken nuggets. If I have to eat chicken, I'd rather eat regular chicken. I leave the nuggets for the kiddos.

I can't live without a piece of chocolate after every meal. If I don't, I feel like I'm missing something. So I save at least a point for at least a couple of Hersey's Kisses or whatever 1 point of chocolate turns out to be.

As mentioned, I don't cut out anything, but there's certain things I just don't pick up, even if they're sitting on the counter.
InkCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

I can live without fried foods, eggs (switched to egg beaters), and whole milk

I can not live without cheese - the full fat kind FF cheese just doesn't cut it for me - I'd rather have less of it instead of sacraficing taste! I also LOVE Ronzoni Pasta - it cures my carb/pasta fix and it is not whole wheat

I really am not giving upo much, just changing how much I eat and how I prepare it.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

I can live without: fried foods, butter and mayo

I cannot live without: ice cream, so now I just have skinny cows or WW treats. There's a conveniece store by my office that sells the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches individually which I love because then I only have to buy them one at a time when I really want one. Wish more places would do that.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #13  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I've learned to live without: Spaghetti with sauce & meatballs, pizza, fried chicken, Italian bread, dinner rolls

I can't live without: Nonfat yogurt, occasional bit of goat cheese, my own home-made whole wheat bread, occasional bit of dried fruit
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #14  

Never thought about this really the last time I was on WW.
Starting again today, thinking about this question...

I know I can do without the large portion, of anything.
Thats really what its about right? Eating anything you want, in a small amount.
What I think I will have issues with? Several things come to mind...
Pizza, a few fried foods, and having to track every move I make LOL
I'm sure once i'm in it for a while, this will change
jesi74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #15  

the hardest thing for me is to give up the weekend margaritas....i have had few lately...woke up the next day with a 4 pound gain! took over week to come off....
i also had to give up bagels...
susanwmsrn is offline   Reply With Quote