Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 11:04 PM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Ah Friday!

Okay it's not technically Friday, but meh!

Well food wise I am doing okay. Went on a new BCP this month (Alesse), so far it hasn't made me completely psycho. I like you Lisa still have problems with water retention from time to time.

Exercise has been great though! I have been weight training and adding more cardio (with the new food guidelines and stuff we're suppose to try and get more in).

Eek, I am having me man troubles from a guy who blew me off and then all of a sudden called me on Saturday close to midnight to hang out with him. Me being the strong independant woman that I am stayed home

Kirsty: I like the term dirty weekend except when my mom uses it for weekends she and my dad go away.

Howdy to the rest of ya, sorry not much more of a reply. I had work at 8am and class right after so I finished at 10pm!

take care!

Ali
Old 09-13-2002, 06:06 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

morning ali - haven't seen you in ages - how ya doing? hope you sort out your man troubles.
marcie - hope your boss sorts out what he wants you to do - sounds very annoying. enjoy your high school reunion!
jayne - i am terrible at getting up in the morning so i'm very impressed with your 7am challenge. the only reason i get up early at the moment is cos our little (adopted) kitty miaows for food and attention first thing every day! it's like a child (but much easier to deal with!!). but i feel so guilty about abandoning her for 2 weeks. i hope her real owners look after her!!
lisa - enjoy your dirty weekend!! glad things with brian are going so well.
jess - i love popcorn too. we live 2 mins walk from the local picture house and i've developed the bad habit of going there to buy popcorn (and sometimes fizzy cola bottles as well!) and then going home to watch a video! i suppose there could be a worse habit! anyhow. when i come back from sicily i want to hear you've made serious inroads on those last 20 pounds!
hi lori - good to see you! that's such a shame you're allergic to dogs. i guess you'll need to watch what breed you get as well. i think labradors/retrievers shed lots of hairs which can make things worse.
laura - fingers crossed the scales show a loss for you. how did the meeting go yesterday afternoon?
KT - enjoy the paintballing and i hope you get rid of your cold.
jenk - i haven't seen you in ages!! how's life as a student treating you? are you still coming over to london in january?? it would be great to meet up - same goes to anyone who is in the area!
hi deb, tonya, kierie, kim, stacey, belle, emily, casey, shalyne, sarah, becky, heather, suzanne, jenl, lexxy, lolly, trish, kay and everyone else!!! where have all the old faces gone?? come back!
right. gotta go work. hope you all have a fab OP day. this is my last day of work before my trip to sicily so if i don't make it back online later on, i'll see you girls after sept 30!! all i need to work out is how to get myself to the airport for 5am tomorrow morning. blargh!
take care and keep counting those points!
kirsty
Old 09-13-2002, 09:28 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Good Morning Ali and Kirsty!

And everyone else soon to post. I like not working on Fridays, but I did pay for it last night. Had to be in at 8:00 yesterday morning, taught a class at 9:00, 11:00, 4:30, and 6:30. These don't sound terribly taxing, but singing and dancing (or what amounts to) for three year olds for two hours just takes it right out of you. I will adjust again, though, I've done it before. I'm just spoiled by staying home with Aaron, so it's a good thing for me to be back in the "real world". Ali, I'm glad you didn't answer what was bound to be a booty call...you're too important for that! And Kirsty, a 5:00 am airport run doesn't sound fun...you're going to owe someone big time. Have fun, though...And it's Lisa's "weekend"....you are going to have the best time! I got the catalog yesterday, and found way too much to order, so I"ll keep you in business for at least the next few months.
Everyone else, come out and play...I'm around today, so I'll be here a-posting away!!!
Old 09-13-2002, 10:05 AM   #4  

Hi Ladies!!!

Yes, Lisa, thanks a million for the catalog, there are so many things I want, I need to sit down and figure out what I need, it may be a few weeks before I order though, I just bought $500 worth of bedding for our new master bedroom. Didn't realize Sateen from Bed, Bath and Beyond was so expensive!!

Kirsty ~ Have a great time in Sicily. Remember....hot men....I need to see one.....(DH didn't hear that! )

Jayne ~ Your day sounds so exhausting. My hat goes off to all of the school teachers of the world, I couldn't do it. I love my kids to death, but could be with a classroom of them!!

Hi Ali!!

Jen ~ Are you on vacation still in CA? I couldn't remember when you left.

Jen ~ How is school, any hotties to look at yet?

A big "Hi" goes out to Jibelle, Lexxy, Kier, Stacey, Emily, Becky, Lolly, Trish, Deb, Laura, Cat, Kim, Jess and all that I fogot.

Not a whole lot new with me, working away, the house is giving me a huge headache, I will be glad when it is finished. I haven't been too bad at being OP, last night I finished the day a few points over, but not too bad. I will get a handle on this yet!!

Well, this is taking me forever to type, I am sure people have posted before me now, so I apologize for not responding to yoU!!!

Be back later....
Old 09-13-2002, 02:59 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls !
this one is just a quickie coz 'm in a cleaning frenzy I have friends staying tonight and the place is a massive **** hole
Ali way to be strong I'm having men wierdness too
NF went back on his meds and after 2 weeks + of not hearing from him I do and he says he's on meds and his fam is ready to accept me I said no
I have a day planned with a friend for monday b/c I have most of my classes cancelled due to Yom Kippur
I wanted to explain the background of my challenge a bit
I think I'm obsessed with food or at least getting there b/c when i'm watching what i eat its like I'm a planning fiend and its the first thing i think about in the am and the last thing b4 bed
so I decided to take it easy (not to stop eating healthy) but too Just let it happen the way its goign to while keeping the goals
b/c the last thing i need to become is a diet junky
Kirsty 3 words HOT SICILIAN MAN
I'm with tonya and if u want to ship him to america
welllll I'll give him a place to stay
Jayne glad the school is going well even if the dancemarathon is getting crazy think of the pts ur burning!
Tonya what colors the bedding
Old 09-13-2002, 03:02 PM   #6  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi everyone!
It was a busy morning for me that lasted well into the afternoon.

I went to WW this AM and was down 5.6 lbs. WOW! I'll be going to WW again next Friday due to traveling these next few weekends, so I'll be out of that Sunday routine.

I seem to be in a bette mental place. I don't know why - but I'm handling this all OK. It even feels different. Like I'm not even working at it.
The exercise is going to come along nicely I think starting next week w/ my 2 new challenges.
We've got 27 days left to the NY Avon Breast Cancer 3 Day walk, and I've started walking after work instead of weekends because of class. I'm going to incorporate 3 mornings into that also.

Ali - Booty calls are flattering, but when you blow them off they're priceless.

Kirsty - Enjoy your holiday! I'm jealous - so make sure you come back w/ lots of great details so that we canl live vicariously through you.

Jayne - How does it feel to have a day off??? Not so easy to enjoy huh? Lots to catch up on around the house. Glad to hear that you are enjoying what you're doing.

Tonya - You must have a big bed. Wow ... $500. Talking w/ the ladies I walk w/ they raved about B,B&B and commented on how they have heard that they're going to EXPAND stores! They offer so much as it is, I can't imagine what it will be like. Are you in the house yet, or is it still being built? I'm still hunting for anything out there that my dad is interested enough in to help me buy. UGH! LI real estate stinks!

OK ... I'm off to get lunch. A veggie burger it is for me (& some FF soft serve ... it's called glace and it's non-fat, low in sugar & comes in flavors! YUM!).

Have a great weekend ladies! Dirty or not! Tee-hee! (PS - if you're not going away for a dirty weekend, why dont' you have one at home?)
Old 09-13-2002, 04:00 PM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Hello, everyone! Well, WI last night was worse than I expected it to be. I was up 2.8 lbs... Of course, I was super-depressed all night, but I bought a few new WW toys to help re-motivate me. I got the Winning Points Calculator (you know, the one that calculates points and tracks them). But, it doesn't do banked or activity points, so I got the Journal Diary to go with it (you know, the thing that has 12-weeks worth of journals in one spiral bound book) and the big water mug so I'll drink more water when I'm at home (because I have no trouble putting it away when I'm at work.

So, I started my morning all gung-ho planning to be the perfect little WW. A bunch of ladies here at work have wanted me to go with them to this fish place in town for a long time. They asked me again. I've been saying I'll go, but always have an excuse. I thought about starting my new journal diary right away, but I often use my banked points on the weekend and I wanted to bank during the week, so starting on a Friday probably wouldn't be good. At least, that was the excuse I used. But, I ate there, wasn't really impressed and won't be going again. Besides, now that I have it out of the way, they probably won't ask me again. So, tomorrow, I'll be all gung-ho and start using my Journal Diary on Monday.

Ali--Way to go resisting the bootie call. That's not always easy (and sometimes those men can be so darn persuasive). Glad to hear that all is going well for you.

Kirsty--When you get back from Sicily, I'll be a whole new, skinnier person, I promise! At least, I'll try to be.

Kier--I think it's great that you told former NF no. You deserve better and don't need to be put through his BS again.

Deb--That's awesome about WI! I'm so happy, I'm sending a dancing monkey!

OK, kiddos, I gotta get a little more work done before the week ends. Talk to you soon!
Old 09-13-2002, 04:15 PM   #8  

Deb-
You lost 5.6 lbs?? That is amazing! When was the last time you weighed in? Great job!!!

I have nothing too exciting to report. I have weigh in tomorrow AM. I just bought some fresh shrimp at the fish market that I am making for dinner. I LOVE peel and eat shrimp! My bf doesnt like it much, so I am making him chicken alfredo pasta....too sinful for me!

Does anyone use the bound journal? The paper one drives me nutty...fold unfold fold unfold.

I bought WW strawberry cheesecake (3pt) from the freezer section today. It was on sale and I thought I would try it. It takes an hour for it to thaw....who wants to wait!!??!!
Old 09-13-2002, 05:01 PM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Marcie - they're good frozen too!

Good for you Jess - sometimes toys are the best way to get back on track.

Deb - I love your suggestion! If you can't afford a weekend away, plan a weekend in!

Kier & Ali - Way to go in standing up for yourselves and saying no thank you to a less than thoughtful guy.

Tonya - I love BBB. Do you ever shop online at Domestications? I just bought a bed set from them for one of my guest rooms and can't wait to get it.

Kirsty - I know that you're on vacation enjoying your boyfriend but please cast a few lascivious glances at the hotties on my behalf.

Jayne - hope you enjoyed your day off from work.

Can't remember who asked but re: the meeting with the big kahuna. Basically he said that he has no immediate plans to reorganize until he learns the functions of our business unit . Then he will put in place an organization to make it more efficient and to increase profitability. Another words, "please continue to work hard for the company while we decide if we want to continue to employ you." Ugh!

Still on track WW wise. I'm really looking forward to WI tomorrow. I'm going to be so disappointed if the scale doesn't agree with the way I've been feeling (healthy and thin!). It is rather weird to be this obsessed with having the numbers drop. I'm usually a lot more interested in the pants-o-meter.

Haven't been getting to the gym much in the mornings but not because I haven't been working out. I got a ton of Leslie Sansone and The Firm and a few Rodney Yee Yoga videos from the library and have become totally addicted to working out at home in the morning (probably because the gym I use is at work and I haven't wanted to be there much - too much tension!). Do any of you have other favorite work-out videos? If so let me know - I'd like to get a list together so I know what to look for at the library.

Have plans for the weekend. Girls night at a bar near work tonight and then a 16 mile (wish me luck!) bike ride with friends tomorrow. I have a date Saturday (with Christian no less!) and he's taking me to a drive-in movie. I mentioned about 2 months ago that I'd never been to one and always wanted to go and he's remembered all this time until I said yes to a date-date. My cousin also has 2 soccer games so I'll spend plenty of my weekend sitting in the sun.

Sorry to ramble - I've just missed "hanging-out" with you guys and am finally decompressing from the stress of the last couple work weeks.

Will check in more frequently next week.

Laura
Old 09-13-2002, 05:20 PM   #10  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

I weighed in last Friday on my way to work ... so it was a week ago. Circumstances were different: PMS, big & unhealthy dinner the night before, out of control eating the entire week & weekend before, etc.
I was quite happy to see such a loss today!

I'm going to Boston for the weekend (almost actually I'm heading up there after class Sat AM, and I'll be back Sun AM) to visit w/ friends & see the Blue Men Group. I've seen the show in NYC, but I'll enjoy it just the same.
I'm taking off Monday to stay @ home w/ Jeremy & catch up with a good friend for a bit. Jeremy's off for the Jewish holiday, but NYIT (where I work) does not declare it a holiday (unless you are Jewish) - so I'm going to take a personal day. Maybe 1/2 a day ... now that I think about it payroll has to be done on Monday's & my friend DOES live 10 min from where I work. I see myself stopping in the office. Oh well! Champagne wishes & caviar dreams!

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm sure you're out of the offices by now!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:50 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Default Howdy

Ahhh, it's been a long day so this panda is taking it easy tonight (though I have already have had one last minute offer to hang out with a guy friend of mine, though he's super nice and doesn't seem the type to do booty calls).

No worries, I was well aware that that guy was doing a booty call. And he's a hottie, but hey, I am better than answering the last minute whim of a guy, plus he blew me off a while ago. Definitely not a keeper in my books.

Kirsty: I have been lurking, I'll try and say hi more often!

Laura: That guy sounds so thoughtful!

Jibelle: My mom always uses her bound journal (she's lost 136-140lbs depending when and is a lifetime member),

Jess: The guy tried to make me feel guilty and made it seem that I was the one who blew him off initially. grrrr.... But even if physically he's so my type, there are better men out there. Plus he lives back in Mtl, I am hardly there anyway.

Debbie: Ah those big weight loss jumps are great. I had a plateau once and then poof my weight dropped significantly too.

Lisa: Enjoy your weekend!

Kierie: yeah I sometimes wonder if I am a little too much of a diet junkie.

Tonya: Ah the joys of buying stuff for the house. I love buying stuff for my place!

Jayne: What do you teach?

All next year I have decided to go back to Uni part-time and upgrade my BA to an honours one (most likely picking up a new major in policsci). I need awesome marks for a law school to consider me (mine aren't bad, but my work habits during my undergrad days were not ideal)! I luckily have tons of work experience in legal research and statuatory interpretation.

Oh and I am getting a tattoo this weekend; here's what it will look like

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-13-2002, 09:51 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Oh the tat will be smaller than that, but you get the idea
Closed Thread