Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Question Are YOU the only one in your way?

So, someone close to me once told me, that the only thing in my way of overcoming my weight issues was myself. It was one of the most profound things they had ever told me, and it touched me deeply.

Today, I am struggling with being a bit grumpy, wanting to eat food that is not the best for me (a warm comforty type of food), and realizing that I am not even hungry while I am craving it. Sigh.

It makes me realize that I may really be the only person in my way of achieving a healthier lifestyle, improving my home, and really living my life as the way I always want it to be.

Are YOU the only one in your way of achieving your weightloss goal, or using the tools that can help you to deal with binges and cravings and overeating?
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

While I agree with you to a certain extent, I do feel that our culture plays a role in our health. Food is thrown at us, and if you don't participate, people think it's odd.

That being said, I am the only one who can make sure that I get healthy and that I then maintain my health. So in spite of powerful outside influences, I have to work on this myself, individually.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
While I agree with you to a certain extent, I do feel that our culture plays a role in our health. Food is thrown at us, and if you don't participate, people think it's odd.

That being said, I am the only one who can make sure that I get healthy and that I then maintain my health. So in spite of powerful outside influences, I have to work on this myself, individually.
I completely agree with that point. It seems like every other day, there's a new 1000 calorie food item on billboards, TV, and the radio. While watching the Duke/Buttler game last night, I nearly threw my grapes at the television after what seemed to be the 100th commercial telling me I needed to try a burger big enough to feed a small African village.
FeliciaHingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #4  

The scale isn't budging and I am trying to not get discouraged. I know that in the past I have used the scale's lack of movement to justify overeating. I am trying to not let the scale discourage me. Sigh. I just wish it would go below 305. I am wondering if much of it is due to tom. Sigh.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Keep at it, it will move eventually. TOM can affect it for sure. Just remember that it doesn't matter how fast you lose, as long as you're losing, you can totally do it!

It is true that we often are our own worst enemy! If a friend came to you with the same problem, would you say "oh, well, might as well give up, here's cheesecake for you to eat."? No way, you'd tell them that they can do it! And you can do it!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
Keep at it, it will move eventually. TOM can affect it for sure. Just remember that it doesn't matter how fast you lose, as long as you're losing, you can totally do it!

It is true that we often are our own worst enemy! If a friend came to you with the same problem, would you say "oh, well, might as well give up, here's cheesecake for you to eat."? No way, you'd tell them that they can do it! And you can do it!
that is so true! I would never tell a friend to give in and pig out. So why do I tell myself that?

I am really trying to stick to eating healthier. At times it feels easy, other times I can tell more that it is just mental cravings and wants.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 281/181/165

Height: 5'7

I once read a quote that said only one standing in way way of achieving my goals is myself and I can win her
lovinww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinww View Post
I once read a quote that said only one standing in way way of achieving my goals is myself and I can win her
I love that!!! It is such an image! Can I win myself? Can I spar with her and stop her from eating unhealthy things? I think at times that I can, and sometimes, she does get the best of me. I just need to focus on trying to outsmart her whenever possible.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/181/165

Height: 5'7

you can do it!!
lovinww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #10  

Thank you!

I did not eat well at all yesterday, and even backslid into fast food. The scale is hovering at 307lbs, so this morning I am back on eating healthier and did not get the burrito that I had a craving for.