Old 03-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Spring is here, and we're ready!!

I went to the Y tonight for my PT, and I noticed that there were a lot of people there. I mentioned to my PT that it was crowded and she said, "oh yeah, summer's around the corner and people are starting to panic.

This time last year, when the weather started to warm up, I went through my closet and NOTHING FIT. I had gained so much weight that none of my standbys were going to work.

I went to WALMART and bought the ugliest loose purple dress known to mankind, a couple of pairs of pull-on cotton sweat pant type shorts, a few shirts in 4X and a pair of capris in size 26-28.

I am stunned when I realize that was only one year ago.

How many times have I got to March and wished I had worked out or done something over the winter so that I didn't dread the warm weather, taking off my jackets and sweaters and not knowing what to wear, and too out of shape to enjoy any outdoor activities.

Now, I'm ready for spring and summer!!!

BRING IT ON!!!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/219/145

Height: 5'5"

Preach it!!! I'm right there with you. Bring on the warm weather and shorts!!
slimsilhouette2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 AM   #3  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Oh gosh, yes! I was looking a lot better this time last year, and pretty happy about it, but this year? This year I feel GREAT. Bring on the lighter, more revealing summer clothes AND the warm weather, which I now love to bits, instead of dreading because it makes me tired and hot and sweaty.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:26 AM   #4  
I shall be released...

I do not feel ready... I am still pretty big and I have bad skin (pale, keratosis pilaris, stretch marks, etc) so I like winter when I can cover up as much as possible.

I am, however, considering buying a pair of capris. I haven't worn anything other than full-length pants out of the house in many years. I like capris, but I have varicose veins (not spider veins, but the lumps where veins are basically bulging out) on my lower right leg. I thought that they would become more prominent as I lost weight, but so far they are actually less visible. It might be enough to make me comfortable enough to bare a little leg on occasion.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:10 AM   #5  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I'm with you there! Just the other day I tried on some shorts I've had for several years, and they fit! Hopefully by summer they'll actually be too big lol.
It is so nice to get to spring and not be dreading the hot weather and sweat rash. I know I still have a way to go, but compared to last summer I feel amazing.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I live & work in the northeast, and we've just come through a tree-felling windstorm with copious amounts of rain, so you can imagine what the warm, sunny stretch this week has done to our minds & souls.

On the park-like campus where my office is situated, people were out at lunch hour strolling around in groups in their business clothes.

And I saw the Running Blondes. I have always envied them so much. They are slender, fit young women, always blonde, who tie their hair up in a pony tail & go out at lunchtime & just after 5 PM & run. (We're in a nice suburban area with sidewalks & there are often-taken running routes posted online.) Used to be, I'd be shuffling along, feeling heavy & older, and a Running Blonde would sprint past me, wave & smile, and tell someone that yeah, she was gonna enter the 5K for some charity this coming weekend -- and oh, how I'd envy her, but it was like she belonged to another, different species, since her lifestyle & looks seemed so far away from mine.

Now I actually know the Running Blondes' names. I've seen them in the treadmill on the gym all winter. I know how hard they work. I know they've got toddlers at home & that they've recoverd from leg injuries & that they missed runs all week due to their schedules & business travel & that they're taking care of an older mother at night. I still admire their athleticism, but I don't think of them as unapproachable goddesses who do something I could never even dream of doing.

And spring feels that much sweeter.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Awesome post, saef!! Love it!

This spring, I am excited also because I am feeling so positive about the changes in my body. I still have a way to go - next spring will really be my year!! But this year, I am enjoying being in better shape and having all of the stuff that was tight on me last summer being loose.

Last edited by BeachBreeze2010; 03-19-2010 at 08:16 AM.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #8  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Oh, I am not ready for summer at all. I am not comfortable showing off my legs and arms more. Well, not yet at least. I still feel like I am the 250lb girl from a few months ago who has fat legs and arms. It's going to take a lot longer for me and lot less weight for me to feel comfortable.

I have always worn a t-shirt to cover up over a bathing suit since I was in my late teens. That's what I do so I can still swim but not gross everyone out. I'm not sure if I'll even go swimming this year, but if I do I will continue to have a t-shirt over my bathing suit.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #9  

Saef-- I LOVE your post about the running blondes. I know exactly what you mean!

I mean, I'm not exactly a running blonde yet (first of all, I'm not blonde, and second, I'm a beginner runner) but I feel SO MUCH BETTER about myself in every way.

Just sharing-- varicose veins suck- but they are hereditary. Lots of slim women have them too! When I see varicose veins on people, I barely notice them. But, they will get less prominent with weight loss, absolutely, because the circulation improves to your lower legs. Also, we're the same height and believe me at 230, you don't look HUGE. 5'8" and 230 you look fine-- not skinny-- but definitely not HUGE. You've lost 65 pounds and I'm sure capris will look wonderful on you. ROCK IT!!!

I don't have to be that lady whose trying to get in shape any more-- I've been going to the gym 5x a week for ten months. I'm a regular. I'm one of the people who gets to look at the new people and say "oh, they're panicking because it's almost summer..." knowing that I've been plugging away all winter.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:51 AM   #10  
I shall be released...

Thank you for the kind words, Ubergirl!

I'm proud to report that I did it! I bought a pair of capris and I LOVE THEM!! They were my reward for reaching my 230 mini-goal! And best of all, they are a size 20!! This is the first size 20 pants I've had so far! Honestly, I can't even recall the last time I could wear 20's. I know I was already in 24's in 7th grade, so it would have been before that!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post

I went to WALMART and bought the ugliest loose purple dress known to mankind...
I think I bought that dress! LOL! I was in a very similar place last year. In fact, I'd started wearing dresses only in an attempt to feel good about myself.

This year, once again, nothing fits.............
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Wonderful thread with inspirational posts! Isn't it amazing what a difference a year can make? I am so much better than I was last year but still far from where I want to be. Think how much better we all can be by March 2011!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I had a fun experience related to this - when I was over visiting, my mom handed me the new Lands End swimsuit catalog and said take a look, you'll need to buy a new suit this year, the one you had last year will be WAY too big on you!

(I'm not going to buy one because they were very pricey and I hope to only wear this year's for this year only but will get one once I get to my goal weight and know what size I end up at!)
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #14  

Just Sharing Size 20 capris!!! That's GREAT. I bet you look amazing. And, not only that but you are going to be shocked-- for me, once I started dropping below 230 that's when you really start to drop out of plus sizes entirely. The next fifteen pounds are going to be so exciting!!! So just hang on and get prepared for the thrill of a lifetime.

Eliana-- Was it a giant muu-muu with black swashes all over it? I think back on it now and JUST SHUDDER.

PeanutsMom Don't you love it when people start insisting that everything is going to be TOO BIG for you???

YAY!

Last edited by ubergirl; 03-22-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #15  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

GREAT POST!!!!! Thanks for the PUMP UP

I have this pair of shorts that dont fit...like I can't even FAKE it....they won't close, my goal is to get them zipped up by mid-summer.

HERE'S TO A ROCKIN' SUMMER!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote