Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi. My name is Sherri and I am an over-eater.

I have been trying to deny it... but I like to over-eat in the evenings.

I was doing so well for quite a while and then the last few nights (except last night!) I have been over eating. I have been focusing on changing the way I feel about food, on changing the reasons I eat, what I eat, why I eat. I am trying to eat healthy. I am trying to hang out with friends without over-induldging. I am trying to have a healthy dinner and maybe A healthy snack... (not 3 snacks)

I eat when I am happy,
I eat when I am sad.
I eat when I am bored
and sometimes when I'm mad.

I eat to watch TV
I eat to let go of stress
I eat to feel relaxed
and I eat when I'm a mess

I eat a lot with family
I eat a lot with friends
I eat a lot with hubby
It never really ends

But now I want to be skinny
I want to wear cute clothes
I want to be a good example
For my son as he grows

I want him to eat his fruits
I want him to run and play
I want him to eat his veggies
And be healthy everyday.

Sorry for the long post... I am jsut saying "hi" and I hope everyone is cool with me jumping in to the "chicks in control" area!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I’ve been doing the same thing. I eat pretty well during the day and then I go home, eat my healthy dinner…and follow it up with milk and cookies or some equally unhealthy dessert or snack. I’m undoing all my hard work!

Great post…we can get back on track, I know it! Evenings are the worst…
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Me too girls -- I've struggled with this my entire adult life. It's still a one-day-at-a-time battle with me. Or should I say "one evening" at a time? Because that's always the worst time ---
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you so much for posting this!!!! I have been to three funerals of family members in the last two weeks. The first one, I made it through three weeks of being at the hospital all day, the funeral and continued eating the way I should. As soon as the funeral was over, I hit the food and haven't stopped yet. My father-in-law's funeral was two days ago and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get into my dress clothes. I had lost 108 pounds and I sure don't want to put it back on. I'm going to go get on the scales and see just how much I've gained and try to do the best I can today to stay away from everything that I shouldn't eat.
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Sherri, you are me!! haha.

I so want control!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Lizzy View Post
Or should I say "one evening" at a time? Because that's always the worst time ---

Why are evenings so hard? I can't quite figure it out... I have decided, starting today, I am having my one morning snack like usual, but I am going to have TWO afternoon snacks. I get home and by the time I get to dinner, I am so hungry and it is too hard to be good. I am hoping by planning TWO afternoon snacks, that I won't be so hungry in the evenings and therefore less likely to eat TWO ENTIRE bags of Cheddar Rice Quakes. (why do I even buy them?? I know I can't have just one serving!?)
Old 03-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaLady View Post
Thank you so much for posting this!!!! I have been to three funerals of family members in the last two weeks. The first one, I made it through three weeks of being at the hospital all day, the funeral and continued eating the way I should. As soon as the funeral was over, I hit the food and haven't stopped yet. My father-in-law's funeral was two days ago and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get into my dress clothes. I had lost 108 pounds and I sure don't want to put it back on. I'm going to go get on the scales and see just how much I've gained and try to do the best I can today to stay away from everything that I shouldn't eat.
Oh my, I am so sorry for your losses. I am trying to find ways to better deal with my emotions than by eating, but it must be hard at a time like you are going through. Stay strong! You can do it!! Take comfort in your family and friends and not in food.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #8  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

[QUOTE=ThicknPretty;3195549]and follow it up with milk and cookies or some equally unhealthy dessert or snack. [QUOTE]

I LOVE sweets. Sunday we are going to my MIL's house and I am REALLY hoping they don't have any good desserts. That is always where I lose it. If they do, I will just limit it to a TASTE.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/197/150

Height: 5'3

Thank you for posting this! It's exactly the way I feel too. I'm trying to get back in control and it has been so hard. I do good during the day but night is my hardest time.
sbranam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 328/322/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm a really bad evening eater too! I found that filling my evening with things to do really helps. I use water aerobics, cleaning, playing with my dogs, cooking dinner, I shower at night so my hair can air dry, and having fun with hubby Wednesday nights are my give me food, a brownie, sparkling water and LEAVE me alone for a couple hours so I can be a couch potato and watch Americas Next Top Model and Glee (otherwise I avoide the TV). It also helps me to not keep easy to grab foods around.
Sparkly Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote