South Beach Diet - Weekend Warblings!

View Full Version : Weekend Warblings!

Ruthxxx
03-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Hooray! :cheer: The second weekend of March and it's going to be sunny with temperatures in the low 50s. It's supposed to be like this for the next two weeks - below freezing at night and well above in the daytime. The syrup makers will be delighted. :carrot:

Yesterday I sold my diningroom table and chairs but the folks who bought it need to arrange for a truck to pick it up. I am kind of hoping that happens today because Claire's son is home for the weekend and he and Doug could move the cherry one inside for me. That should improve the look of my front porch! On the other hand, if I leave it, I may get kicked off the village Beautification Committee! Hmmm.

There's still a bit of snow on the deck but I may get out the power washer and clean that up today. I feel like doing something outside now that most of the coughing has stopped. :) I go to my sister's farm for dinner tonight - not to worry, she's a healthy cook.

I hope your weekend is shaping up to be a good one.

CyndiM
03-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Good morning Ruth and sleeping in Chicks yet to arrive :coffee2: This is sleeping in for us so I'm pretty happy :) We are off to the coast again and a full weekend of walking and birding :dancer: 50s, sun and not too much wind in the forecast, now all we need are some interesting birds.

Ruth - I am so happy to hear that you're feeling better. Enjoy the lovely weather.

Cottage - hope you got through the cleaning without too much stress. Good luck today.

Off to throw some clothes in a bag, pick out some good leftovers for dinner (I love hotels with microwaves) and get a little yoga in before hitting the road. Hope you have a fun and relaxing day where you are too!

tomandkara
03-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Good morning, Ruth! I'm glad the table sold and I hope they can pick it up soon. Have fun at your sister's tonight!

Cyndi, enjoy your trip! I hope you see some neat birds!

So, remember how today was my much-anticipated morning of sleeping in? Well, guess who called at 7:00 a.m. Of course I was glad to talk to him, but come on, Tom! He said he thought I'd be up. Why??? Why would I be up at 7:00 on a Saturday morning? Even the kids were still sleeping!

But then once I was up I figured I might as well get moving. The scale dropped another pound! :carrot: I got my kickboxing in and got showered. Then I looked outside, and apparently it snowed two inches last night. WHAT?! I told poor Connor that we were going to have to cancel the bowling day because I didn't want to drive on the roads, but now they look pretty clear, so we're going to head out in a little bit.

Happy Saturday to all!

Pearlrose
03-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Good morning,

Ruth- glad to hear that your dining room table sold- fingers crossed that they pick it up today.

Cyndi- have fun birding this weekend.

Kara- Atleast you were woke up for a good reason ;) . Saturdays are my only day for sleeping in and I am up at 5:30 good figure.

I am hoping it is going to be a Sunny weekend here the week has been beautiful very cold in the morning and nights but quite nice during the day. DS has to get up in a few to catch the bus, they have an all day track event. Have to get DD1 up for Soccer practice at 8 a.m. I think that is one of the reasons I woke up so I could make sure they were up. Not sure what DH, DD2 and I are going to do today, nothing on the agenda. DS said not to bother coming to track meet he is only doing one event and its 2 1/2 hours away.

Found out this week that I am going to Orlando March 16-19 for work for a Conference. Come home for exactly one week and then we are going back for family vacation. I would stay in Orlando to see friends and family but since DD1 is only 6 she and I would miss each other to much. Three nights is bad enough.

So I dropped one lb this week, I will take it not the big whoosh I was hoping for though.

Have a great day everyone.

femmecreole
03-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Morning all!!

Sounds like everyone has their day lined up. No plans here other than working out in the yard if it warms up a bit. Yesterday when I got home from work, my husband had pruned all the crepe myrtles..a big job, so now I'm motivated to start working on all the stuff the winter "melted" in the yard...ewww, soggy bannana trees! Other than that, I think the weekend will hold the usual cleaning, groceries, posting grades and for fun some Zumba this evening.

Heidi58
03-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Good morning! :wave:

Ruth, I was pleased to read your post full of good news this morning - the dining set sold, the coughing almost gone and beautiful spring weather for you! And maybe the possibility of getting off one of your committees.... ;) lol
Enjoy your Saturday. I hope you're able to spend some time outdoors in the sun!

Cyndi, enjoy your trip. You know almost all the motels we stay in regularly have microwaves in the rooms but I've never once thought to bring along a healthy supper. :o I will have to file that little trick away for the future.

Kara, I'm sorry you didn't get to sleep in. And glad that you won't have to cancel the bowling trip. My stuck scale came unstuck this morning, too. I'm also down another pound. Congratulations on yours - and also on all those :yay:s you're racking up under your signature!

Pearlrose, what odd timing to have your trip to Orlando come up so close to your vacation. :dizzy: I don't blame you for not staying through though. I hope the weather will be great in Orlando for both trips. Congratulations on being down a pound this morning! :)

Cat, you've got me feeling kind of envious! We've got sunshine today but all I could do in the yard is move a little snow or mud around. lol They've just started a Zumba class in my area, I saw it advertised in the weekly paper. We live so far out of town that I normally wouldn't even be tempted to commit to one more "in town after supper" activity but your posts are making me want to check it out. If only I could get Ferg to go along with me.... (not likely :lol:)

My father will be released from the hospital today so I'm very thankful today. :) I'm not going to go down this weekend after all, but I'll be in touch by phone. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts for my family.

Enjoy your Saturday! :hug:

Lexxiss
03-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Quick flyby, we're ready to load the dogs up, headed west. If we don't beat the ski traffic the 2 hr drive could take 5.
Skiing was super fun yesterday. I was very pleased at how well I did. It's sure a great exercise, and when we went in for lunch(always expensive), I had my own orange, a cup of tea and a hard boiled egg! I might do well on the "ski diet"!

Cyndi, have fun! I might have already missed you!

Have a great Saturday everyone, and I'll check back from the other side of the hill.

femmecreole
03-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Heidi, I'm not going to classes..yet...I ordered the dvd's and am trying to get the hang of this before I make a fool of myself in public! I'm thinking about ordering the zumba for kids dvd for my kids at school. That way we can all zumba together for P.E. There is a "twist" segment in one of the dvd's and I can assure you that after my bone out of the socket incident last year, I won't be doing that one! It is still sore.

WaistingTime
03-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Happy weekend! It is supposed to be mild here too:) May rain though which we really need to see if the basement leak is fixed.

Ruth - Glad to hear the coughing is almost gone. I love picturing your home. In my mind it is old and quaint with a fabulous front porch (furniture and all). Enjoy dinner with sis.

Cyndi - Have a great time!

Kara - I will admit I thought about you when I was riding and how I am going to have to put in a lot more long rides to challenge your exercise totals! Next month. (It was really a memory error.) Isn't it ironic how we always seem to be woken up when we could sleep late? Woo hoo on your drop.

Rose - Track starts early there! My DS won't have a meet until another month I think. One pound is progress; good for you:)

Cat - Your yard sounds so exotic.

Heidi - Glad to hear your father is improving. :hug:

Debbie - Okay, I need a ski traffic report. Our plan was to leave Denver around noon next Saturday. Do you think we need to plan extra time then? I had not thought about traffic to the resorts. Have a safe drive.

DS has his post-season basketball tournament this weekend. Up to 4 games depending how they do. And indoor soccer again tonight. Between that I am timing my dehydrator experiments. So far I have done cukes, tomatoes, and zucchini (thanks Cyndi) and today will try some oranges that have been gathering dust in my fridge. Tomorrow DH will make beef jerky. Gearing up for road-trip snacks. If it doesn't rain we will try to sneak in another bike ride.

Schmoodle
03-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Geez, you chicks are up and chirping early this Saturday morning. I wanted to sleep but the cats decided they needed breakfast around 6AM. DD is volunteering this morning at the Lion's Club Breakfast - all money this month is going to Haiti relief. Then the kid's spring riding lessons start up, and I hope I've got enough time to grocery shop and run some errands while they're at it. It's going to be beautiful weather so I plan to walk instead of doing a DVD for exercise and I'm really looking forward to it! DD and I want to see Alice in Wonderland, and the rest of the weekend will be cleaning something, I guess. I was embarrassed when the architect came the other day because I had cleaned all the rooms I thought he'd need to see, but he ended up measuring every room in the house! Prodigal DH has turned up - I got an email from him yesterday. All's well, he said that his emails to me have been bouncing. Last month mine to him were bouncing. Stupid .mil email. But it's good to know he's alright.

Ruth, I hope you get your furniture moved in.
Cyndi, your weekend sounds lovely, wish I could tag along.
Kara, isn't that always how it happens! Glad you are getting the snow and not me.
Pearl, I may be in Orlando too on business around the 18 - 19.
Cat, I'm glad to hear you like the Zumba. They had Zumba classes at the Y, but I never had a chance to try one. I love dancey exercise. I may order one myself.
Heidi, so glad to hear your Dad is going home.
Debbie, skiing sounds fun. I am hopeless at it though. so I just watch and wish I was coordinated enough!
Karen, sounds like a busy day of sports! You guys make me want to buy a dehydrator.

Have a fun Saturday everyone!

tomandkara
03-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Rose, congrats on the pound! They do add up after awhile. That's what I keep telling myself at least.

Cat, I hope you enjoy your gardening today! We had a crepe myrtle when we lived in Maryland.

Heidi, I hope everything goes well with your father's release.

Debbie, I hope your ride is quick and easy. Glad you had fun skiing!

Karen, good luck to your son at his basketball game!

Schmoo, I'm SO glad you heard from your husband! It seems like he's been gone forever already. How much longer until he gets home? Tom told me this morning on the phone that he's going to send me "TDY" when he gets back, so I called a friend and we've already booked tickets to Sardinia! I am VERY excited. I don't know if that's what he meant, but they're already paid for. :)

OK, we're really off to bowling now. I had to eat so I wouldn't be tempted by the pizza I'm letting the kids get.

Chelby29
03-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Happy Weekend! Hooray!!! :)

Auston has t-ball tryouts today. He is very excited! I don't know why they call them tryouts. If you pay, you play. ;) He is getting a haircut today. He's beginning to look like one of the Jonas Brothers. :lol:

It's going to be a beautiful weekend. Jeff's aunt and uncle are visiting us for the weekend. Birmingham has a school of dentistry. Uncle Nelson needed 4 teeth pulled. His local dentist was going to charge him $280 per tooth. The school charged him $300 for all 4. He's glad he saved money, but is pretty pitiful and jacked up on Loritab. I'm making broccoli cheese soup today, and will puree his portion.

Cyndi, Auston ran in to get me this morning. "Come SEE, Come SEE!" He pointed out a red-headed woodpecker in the back yard. My little birder. :)

Schmoodle, I'm so glad you heard from your hubby. :hug:
Everyone else, I hope you have a great weekend!

Schmoodle
03-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Kara, he'll be home end of May/June sometime.
Hi Chelby! Poor uncle must be miserable. T-ball is so fun! Have a great day.

tomandkara
03-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Michelle, have fun at T-ball and errand-running!

Schmoodle, is that longer than normal? It seems like he's already been gone a couple months.

Ruthxxx
03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Sheesh! Schmoodle and Pearl and I all in Orlando at the same time! Will FL ever recover?

The truck to pick up the furniture is on its way. Once that's over, I'll round up some muscle men to lug in the new set. I know it's going to need a good cleaning and probably refinishing but it'll be nice to have it in the house. I might even get a chance to sit on the wicker on the front porch tomorrow.

Pearlrose
03-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I ended up going back to sleep for about an hour but got everyone up and at em.

Cat- Enjoy your gardening today even if it's soggy banana trees sorry that cracked me up.

Heidi- So glad to hear that your dad is being released from the hospital today. Congratulations on another lb lost.

Debbie- I am glad you had fun skiing, it's been a long time for me as well I didn't go with the kids when we went to Colorado because I felt bad about leaving FIL and MIL and DD2 alone by themselves in the Chale.

Karen- not sure why they start so soon here he just start practicing about two weeks ago. Have fun dehydrating and watching basketball today.

Schmoodle- If I had a rental car during conference, I would say let's you, me and Ruth try to meet up for lunch but everything is happening at place we are going. Glad you heard from DH too bad you can't skype.

Chelby- T-ball starts early for ya'll. We have haircuts scheduled for Monday, can't style my hair anymore.

Kara- good for you for booking your trip, have fun with bowling.

cottagebythesea
03-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Quickie for me, as long as Jake doesn't catch me sitting down!

We were up and out the door shortly after 6 for a big, healthy breakfast and some grocery shopping before our day of demolition got started. I also took a detour to the nursery on the way home to pick up a flat of pansies for the pots on the front porch. I'm dying to see some color after our snowy winter, and the weekend is supposed to be mild and sunny.

Gotta run! Catch you all later!

gothik butterfly
03-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Morning, all!

I'm starvin so I'm gonna skip the personals for now... gotta go make breakfast and then walk my roomie's dog. It's gorgeous out.

Have a wonderful on plan day!

BellaLucia
03-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Y'all have been busy! I slept for almost 15hrs! I am refreshed! I'm still chugging along on Phase 1.5.

jenne1017
03-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Why were you all up SOOOO early!??? Didn't anyone ever tell you Saturdays are for sleeping -IN-??!! :lol3:

I ate breakfast and am going to finish here then pop into the shower before heading to World Market! Going to get the Torani Syrup (and maybe a bottle of wine) and make Kara's bean brownies today! Trying to get my D{Drepressed}W out of the house and into the world of the living. I thought WM would be fun.

I went to Whole Foods last night and "only" spent $90 (Our weekly grocery budget, including any eating out, is $125 for the two of us - high but she likes name brands and I like fresh items!) and bought my lovely salmon!! I baked it last night with some OO, Mrs. Dash and a drizzle of Agave and it was fab! Even DW liked it. Of course, I made rutabaga (my new fav veg) and brussel sprouts to go with it so it was like a musical chorus in our hour last night ;)

I did very well and stayed away from straying. I did buy an Amy's brand pizza with pesto and whole wheat crust -- they didn't have a selection of Kashi which I found odd. I guess since Kashi is getting so mainstream, they aren't carrying it? I will let you know how it is!

OK, enough babbling. Everyone have a good day. I am off--like a prom dress!

BellaLucia
03-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Sardinia, Kara, you lucky girl! Congrats. on the weight loss! You'll be at goal in no time flat!

tomandkara
03-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Linda, good luck with your clean-up today. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all disappear for you!

Kari, hope your breakfast is good!

Okie, at least one of us got to sleep in! Thanks for the congrats. For some reason, the stars are aligning and my scale is moving now. Two pounds this week - that's unheard of for me! Actually, I started counting calories this week and I think that is what I finally needed to do. I am planning on doing that until Tom gets home and then have a treat day the day after he gets back, and then get back on track and see if I can knock out this goal in the next couple months.

Jenn, have a great time at the market! I've never been to World Market but I've driven past them before. Enjoy the brownies! I need to make a new batch because mine are G-O-N-E. We have a high grocery budget, too, usually about $300 a month, and that doesn't include Tom's lunches, which run probably about $30 a week. I refuse to compromise on quality ingredients and I can rarely find coupons for the products I buy. All the coupons are for junk around here. I used to pay for our newspaper subscription with the coupon savings I got from the Sunday paper, but I can't do that any more.

We had a lot of fun bowling and I'm glad we had the chance to go. The kids really enjoyed themselves. They're eating dinner now (I was so hungry when we got home that I made a veggie burger and some beans really quickly, so I'll eat something else later) and then we'll do teeth and PJs and spend some time reading Harry Potter before bed.

jenne1017
03-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Kara-Glad someone else feels the same way! We're a family of two (though we do have three cats) and it seems high but we do NOTHING else so we might as well eat right! :lol:

BellaLucia
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Hey Kara! Aren't u dying waiting for Part I of the seventh book already! We gotta wait till nearly Thanksgiving Day! At least the last chapter of the book comes out in July of next year!

KO
03-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi ladies
I'm going to respond to all the ones I can remember!
Kara I think the scale is moving b/c you're scorching that px90! I'm curious to try it
Jen that's not bad budgetwise! Mine is usually 115 ish but I buy Generic and stock up on different stuff when on sale and that's not including outside food
Kari Hi!! I love that pic
cottage ooh Pansies! I WANT COLOR
Pearl glad you got back to sleep
Schmoo Yay for DH contact What is it with Cats in the am?
Ruth that's great about the table :)
Heidi so glad about your dad
Waisting I want a dehydrator! I hope your snacks and your busy day go well
Cyn Enjoy the birding!
Cat Let us know how you like the Zumba!
Debbie have fun
Chelb! I just pictured your little guy as a Jonas LOL! I'll keep a good thought for him at TBall

Me after a really long hard week I started to feel good today groceries arrived at 7:55 AM so I made DH wake up and get to the door i was still throwing on work clothes ended up knocking $9 off my bill b/c my marinade leaked in the bag nothing damaged but hey $9 is $9
I did Cardioke and Dance your A** off hiphop So fun! I'm going to make the bean muffins and get some cleaning done DH is working still

not going to start official Ph 1 till my box of all bran is gone not trying to waste food!
ok I better hustle!
Kierie

tomandkara
03-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Do any of you have *that* friend who just will NOT leave your house??? Our friend Justin came over tonight at 6:30 and got the kids ALL riled up and then I tried to hint that it was time for him to go by getting the kids' teeth brushed and flossed and putting them in bed (it was their bedtime) and he still stuck around! I was starving! I had been cooking my dinner when he got to our house and I had to wait an entire hour to eat it. Argh. I just needed to vent.

BellaLucia
03-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Lol, my friends are pretty savvy about stuff like that. Were u afraid that he'd wanna partake in your dinner, LMFAO! I'm sorry Kara, I feel your pain! When are u going to Sardinia?

WaistingTime
03-06-2010, 02:42 PM
DS's team won game number one so we move on to number two in a few hours. He played with his ankle brace and ended up mildly twisting the other one! Now he has an ace bandage on that side. Sigh. No time to ride outside between games but will try to take advantage of the weather and walk if I can drag DH away from college bball games.

Schmoodle - Glad an email finally got through. Technology is great when it works!

Kara - what is TDY?

Chelby - My teen lets his hair go about 4 months then gets a buzz then lets it grow. Fortunately he has nice hair and takes good care of it. Maybe the tryouts are to prepare them for future years? Have a nice weekend with your guests.

Ruth - The question I have is if anyone would recognize the other if you pass by?

Linda - You sound busy. Have a great weekend.

Kari - Did you have a nice walk? That is on my agenda to for today. No dog here though.

Okie - 15 hours!

Jenne - I never thought to look at WM for syrups. I just need blinders for the other off program stuff. LOL... over you know which part. I hope that is not true for prom dresses! I had always heard "newlywed's nightie."

Kara - Guess what?! Track practice yesterday did PX90! A workout and abs. My son was worn out!

Kierie - That hip hop sounds fun even to uncoordinated me!

gothik butterfly
03-06-2010, 02:53 PM
haha my roommates told me I make them look bad because I've been so productive today!

Job search, breakfast, walk, shower, goodwill browsing and now lunch. Doesn't seem like that much to me... though for me, it IS a lot by 12:30.

On to an hour or so of tv, maybe a nap... gotta try to sew my underwire back into like 6 bras. Le sigh. lol

I'm thinking Salsa Chicken for dinner... and then ? What to do with my free Saturday night? That doesn't happen often.

Stay sunny!

KO
03-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Karen it's on Exercisetv.tv or on comcast on demand if you have it believe me if I can do it I'm all thumbs and 2 left feet you can!

tomandkara
03-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Okie, I would have shared but I'd only made one portion for myself because the kids had already eaten. The Sardinia trip is scheduled for mid-April.

Karen, that's funny about the track team doing P90X. I wonder which workout they did. The upper and lower body ones are usually followed by the abs segment. It's a good workout! TDY stands for Temporary DutY and it means a short trip away from your normal duty station. Tom's been TDY for anywhere from 2 days to 4 months. It's usually for training.

Kari, that *is* productive! Did you buy anything at Goodwill?

KO
03-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Kara How do you like the P90x? I was thinking of getting it for dh

tomandkara
03-06-2010, 04:10 PM
I love P90X. This is my third time through the cycle. It's 13 weeks long and is very intense. The cycle is broken up into three phases and the workouts are the same for the first three weeks of each phase and then there's a recovery week (except in the last phase, where there are two week-long workout sets that alternate by week for a total of four weeks and then the fifth week is the recovery week). There are three intensity levels and I think they're called Classic, Lean, and Doubles. I do the Lean level, so my workouts look like this:

Day 1 - Phase 1 and 2 cardio, Phase 3 upper body and abs
Day 2 - all phases cardio
Day 3 - all phases upper body and abs
Day 4 - all phases yoga
Day 5 - Phase 1 and 2 lower body and abs, Phase 3 cardio
Day 6 - all phases cardio
Day 7 - all phases stretching

The workouts are anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes long. It's meant for people who have been working out seriously already and it will kick your butt anyway. Equipment needed: hand weights (I use 2, 4, and 8 pounders, but your husband would obviously need heavier ones), yoga mat, pull up bar, and optional push-up bars.

Hope that helps!

femmecreole
03-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Got some yardwork done...a lot really. A very good friend came over while we were working outside. He is going through chemo and it was his first outing (cabin fever!). While he was here, the vita-mix came in. Wow. You KNOW I had to play with it and made smoothies with greek yogurt, cherries, blueberries and green powder and whey protein. yum. Then later (since he won't eat bannanas) I juiced some carrots, kale,banana and a whole apple together....zooom. I like this toy! Seems to be a lot of recipes in the book that are SB friendly. Can't wait to grind wheat berries into waffles.

jenne1017
03-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Kara- making the brownies now. they smell DEVINE and this comes from a gal who doesn't like chocolate (or cheesecake for that matter).

Karen - my WM had then on sale, 2 for $5 for the large ones. I also got a small raspberry for $2.99 to see if I like it mixed with seltzer (though I forgot to pick up the seltzer). I got the SF Caramel (for the brownies) and SF chocolate, to make an egg cream. But again, grrrrrr on the seltzer. I also got a bottle of wine. I walked through the candy isle with DW (who got ginger beer at a whopping 170 calories per tiny bottle! and ginger candy) and picked up nothing. If I cna do it, so can you!!!

I totally forgot about meeting a friend for dinner tonight. Makes me sad, was looking forward to english muffin pizzas!

Heidi58
03-06-2010, 07:21 PM
:carrot: Nice work Jenn! The grocery store can still be a landmine for me - especially when I'm looking at the organic/natural/healthy stuff.

Chelby29
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Cat, I got a used Vitamix off Ebay. Today, I used a grapefruit, an apple, 3 tomatoes and some splenda. It was tart, but yummy.

Auston had t-ball tryouts today. He was in line for his turn, then he ran across the field to us. His little chin was quivering and he said, "I don't feel so good." We assumed he was nervous. Nope, he threw up all over the place! He did get to try out and actually did a great job. But, he hasn't stopped throwing up yet. I hope he doesn't share! I'm a Lysol fool!

On that happy note, see y'all later! :)

jenne1017
03-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks Heidi. I am proud - all day I did well. Not to toot my own horn ;) Glad to hear about your dad being released!

Ugh Chelby -- I hope he feels better and SOON!

WaistingTime
03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Kari - Which salsa chicken recipe do you use? We like the one with green onions, salsa and Parmesan. So easy. Of course my son scrapes everything off.

Kierie - I don't even know if we get exercise tv! Something to look into.

Kara - Got it. Nice you can go with him.

Cat - Green powder sounds scary.

Jenn - I need to go! When I do I will report back so that I am accountable.

Heidi - I was just getting some cinnamon swirl bread for DS the other day and it is in the cookie aisle and I just wondered when I would not look at those boxes with longing. Sigh. But I did not buy any and the former me would not have been able to resist eating his bread!

Chelby - Poor Auston. I hope he feels better soon.

DS won both bball games tonight. But his newly injured other ankle is now worse than the first injured ankle! He isn't worried about track but I reminded him he will be snowboarding in just over a week. So he has at least one game tomorrow and another if they win.

KO
03-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Karen it's on the Internet too
kara I'm thinking that might be out of James' League right now!
Jen Great Job! :bravo:
I had a small victory at the Movies (WE SAW ALICE!!!)
Whenever we go to the movies I get Junior Mints they are my favorite it doesn't matter normally what plan I'm on

I gave up Candy for lent and was really wondering if I'd be craving them the whole movie. . . didn't want them James asked me if I wanted them and I said No and I MEANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did have about 4 pretzel bites but those aren't my crutch!
:cb:

gothik butterfly
03-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Kara - nope, didn't buy anything at goodwill... nothing said 'take me home' lol

WaistingTime - the recipe I used was the salsa, cheese, avacado and lime puree. I also added a dollop of sour cream. it was delish!

Ended up goin out to karaoke for a couple hours tonight.. no beer, no liquor, no smokes! just a diet 7 up. Iz didz good. :D

Goodnight, see everyone tomorrow!

jenne1017
03-07-2010, 01:46 AM
Kari: :broc: GJ!
KO: Good job too! :wtg: How was the movie???

BellaLucia
03-07-2010, 02:32 AM
Happy Sunday! I am chugging along on the Beach! I can't wait till my weigh-in day!

Lexxiss
03-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

It looks like it must be Sunday. We had an easy drive yesterday and didn't do much other than get here. Thought I'd catch up with everyone.

Ruth, it's warm here, too. I was just outside with Bing and did a pitchfork check. The garden plot is thawing well. We usually till as soon as we can, although we certainly can't plant anything for ages. Great news that your table/chairs sold and gone!

Cyndi, I hope you have another great birding day!

Cottage, I hope your awful project is progressing. The nursery in Denver had pansies, but I didn't buy any yet.

Kara, it's great news that your scale is really moving! Italy sure sounds fun!

Pearlrose, any downward movement is great...and you've lost so many inches!

Cat, I looked up crepe(crape)myrtles. They look beautiful! My sis just got a Vita Mix, I'd love one but it's not in the budget for awhile. It is sure a great way to get all those veggies in.

Heidi, it was good news to hear Dad is out of the hospital.

Karen, the BAD ski traffic is on I-70 between Denver and Frisco. Weekends are the worst. Mornings are super bad westbound from 7-10, and evenings start getting bad Eastbound if you're not to the Eisenhower Tunnel by 3 in the afternoon. It is very very slow during those times, and can actually come to a standstill if the weather is bad. I assume you are going to get off 70 at Empire Jct and go over Berthoud Pass. You won't even go as far as the tunnel. You should be fine if you leave Denver at noon. Check ahead, yesterday morning Berthoud Pass was closed for some reason. Just google CDOT, (Colo Div of Transp) and they list all the road conditions and closures.

Schmoodle, did you go see Alice? I hope you got a walk in, too.

Chelby, I hope Auston is feeling better today.

Okie, you and I sure have similar sleep patterns.

Jenn, did I see you had Moroccan food last night? It's one of my favorites. I haven't tried Amy's pizzas. I'm with you, too, on spending $$ to eat right.

Kierie, glad you enjoyed the movie. I love Johnny Depp. BTW-I think the concept of groceries at your doorstep is so interesting. You are very dedicated to give up candy for lent. Thankfully, I don't have much interest in candy.

Kari, I'm glad you're back. Now we will always stay updated on the world of Kareoke! I'm going to try the Salsa chicken soon.

I'm thinking of riding my bike to church today. I talked to my Sis last night-shes driving over early Monday and we're going to ski again! I looked and the local area has a spring pass for $200. I'm thinking I might go for it, because I'll already be in for $40 tomorrow. It was great exercise, and it was a very enjoyable experience for me. It would sure kick my March exercise numbers up.

I got restless, not having a ticker, so I got one from Ticker Factory. I kind of like it, now to get it moving. :lol:

CyndiM
03-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Good morning Chicks :coffee2: How I wish I had that coffee right now! Ah well, it will have to wait.

Debbie - So happy you made it skiing and had a good time! Love the pics too. You look great!!

Jenn & Kara - How would those brownies be without the caramel syrup? DW won't touch them with that in there and I generally avoid artificial sweeteners too but I really want to try those!

Kari - great job at the bar :carrot:

Cottage - Hope the rest of the demolition passes without incident. The pansies sound like just the right thing.

:wave: everyone. Without coffee this is all I can manage ;)

We are off to breakfast and another day at the Island. The weather is perfect again. Hope you get a chance to enjoy some sunshine where you are

cottagebythesea
03-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Happy Sunday morning!

It's going to be a mild, sunny day here again today. Woohoo, two in a row! :)
Jake and Dustin got almost half the floor out in the basement and one of the interior walls, and there doesn't seem to be any mold so far, thank goodness. They're hoping to get the rest of the floor out today. I'm glad they don't need me down there, but I seem to have ended up as their go-for, and I've been trying to find new homes for some of the stuff we had down there. We had turned our former family room into a play room for the grandkids, and I've been sorting through all the toys and stuff and getting rid of lots of things. All the furniture has been brought up, cleaned, and being temporarily stored in the sunroom and dining room, and our house is in total chaos, but I'm trying to hang on to my sanity amidst it all.

Way too many posts to even think about addressing personals, but I've read all your posts so I can keep up with you all. Hang in there, and have a great Sunday!

Ruthxxx
03-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Yes, the posts are increasing like rabbits and I am at a loss to reply or comment on them all. But I do read them.

Gorgeous day unfolding here too, Cottage. My diningroom is in chaos too although I'm sure it's not as crowded as yours. I hauled in the table base yesterday and started to clean it up. There actually was mud on it in places. It's starting to look good though and probably will not have to be completely refinished. Today I hope to clean a couple of chairs.

My sister canceled out dinner last night as they had a major water problem at the Farm - brown water! Not good so they went back to the city. I told her it was OK and I'd just open a tin of dog food for my supper. She missed that completely so must have really been worried about the well. :rofl:

Time to tiddle up for Church. I'll watch for the first daffodil spouts. We have quite a display of spring bulbs on the front lawn - they claim it rivals the Ottawa Tulip Festival.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Happy SUNday! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

WaistingTime
03-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning all:)

Kierie - Good for you! How was the movie?

Kari - Good for you too!

FoodO - Another day closer to weigh in.

Debbie - Pretty ticker. Thanks for the info. I will check out our route. I am not a patient person under any circumstances but especially in bumper to bumper traffic.

Cyndi - Glad you have such nice weather. How are the birds?

Linda - Glad the basement is coming along. What a hassle.

Ruth - LOL. Thanks for the sunny greeting.

I aggravated my wrist mashing my beans last night so am typing with a brace. (I have something going on in there off and on for the last few years, never bad enough to have it looked at.) I hope it gets better fast because it will make it hard to do yoga - palm flat down doesn't work right now. I think it will be nice here today too so will see if DH want to squeeze in a bike ride before the basketball this afternoon.

TwynnB
03-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Good morning all chicks!

Wow. I'm with the other ladies, can't get all the personals done this morning. But since I leave for my vacation today, I thought I'd better check in!

We decided to get a hotel near the airport, so that it makes it a WHOLE lot easier in the morning. This hotel has a pool with a water slide, and an indoor mini golf course :D. We're in Cocoa from Mon-Fri, and then to Lancaster Fri-Sat. That hotel has an indoor water playground. The kids will be exhausted by the end of the week!!

I'm not going to worry about too food too much, but I have a hard time going "overboard" now. I can't stand fast food anymore...the worst I'll get there is a salad. I do plan on a few bad things that I can't get up here!! But, I should get some good runs in down there too, and at the hotels.

I'll probably check in once in a while. Have a great week, chicks!

Chelby29
03-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Happy Sunday!

Debbie, Have fun skiing! You'll have to post a picture.

Cyndi, Where is the coffee???

Cottage, Demolition.... UGG! I hope it goes quickly.

Ruth, My boss is retiring in less than 2 years. He says that he and his wife will eat cat food before they put off retirement for another year. :lol:

Karen, I hope your wrist feels better soon.

Twynn, Enjoy your vacation!

Me: It was a very long night last night. Auston has not thrown up since 4:00 this morning. Something happened that made my Mommy Meter perk up. His temperature was 96.5. This morning he's back to normal. I know how to treat a fever, but don't know what to do about a low temp. Jeff started a fire in the fireplace and I bundled him up. Have you ever heard of a low temp?

tammies00
03-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Morning

Our grocery bill is somewhat outrageous too, but hubby hasn't complained yet! LOL

I went to walmart looking for the kashi pizza. I bought it their a few weeks ago. I couldn't find it the other day. I wonder if it is a supply problem.

So I guess our move to Fort Campbell(It is on the border of TN and KY) is more concrete now. Hubby had his first "briefing" getting ready to move. I am extremely excited about this move. This will put me about 45 min from part of my family. My mom is from bama but my dad is from TN. I have wanted to live near that part of my family since I was 5. I love being near them.

Going to make bean brownies and split pea soup today. Need to get the house cleaned.

Have a great day!

Tammie

jenne1017
03-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Debbie-I did. I only ate one kabob though. I wasn't hungry and everything else they ordered I didn't eat (lots of dough based items and chicken on the bone *shiver*) so I had a beef kabob. LOL. I thought it was sort of flavorless. But I don't think this place was a good one.

Cyndi-Is the caramel flavor or just the SF torani? I might up the agave and maybe add more vanilla extract. But Kara is the expert! I defer to her ;)

:wave: cottage and Ruth!

Karen-Hope the wrist feels better! I had DeQuervain's for a while and had to wear a brace. Stinks!

Twynn- have fun on vacation!!!

Chelby- That's around my normal temp so I have no clue. Though glad he's feeling better. Ick!

As for me, I am going to make breakfast then wii. I was invited to brunch with the same friends from dinner last night but, after spending all that money on groceries, I figured I'd be better off sticking to eating at home. Especially since I am down another pound! Almost two...damn .2 ounces! And I tried everything: exhaled, peed, stripped down :lol3:

Pearlrose
03-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Good morning,

Sorry don't have time to reply to everyone to many personals, but that is a good thing.:)

Cottage- Hope your demolition goes quickly.

Karen- Hope your wrist feels better quickly. I did something to my right wrist if I turn it a certain to palm side up and try to tug on something the bony bump pops but it doesn't necessarily hurt only for a few seconds after it pops weird I know.

Kara glad the kids got bowling in - sorry that your friend did not get the hint, but I have a GF and her DS when we invite them over they will stay for hours, my kids will go get their showers and get ready for bed and they still will not take the hint that's it time for them to leave.

Chelby glad that Auston is feeling better. When DD1 and DD2 last month were sick DD2 had a high temperature and DD1 had a low temperature- I think its just the bodies way of showing its fighting something. My DS normals goes low when he gets sick too.

So yesterday we took advantage of the nice sunny day- DH, DD1 and 2 and I went to store so DD2 could get some more sports bras and then we took DD2 to the park, very crowded but she enjoyed. Then we came home and I cleaned out DH's and mine car- vacuumed and armor all and window cleaning. Mine was minor clean up but DH's keeps his SUV a mess couldn't take it any longer LOL. DD2 jumped on the trampoling and did outside activities by me. Then we just stayed home for the evening. I caught up with Amazing Race by watching on the Internet the last two episodes hopefully I will remember to watch when its on tv tonite probably not.

Church and cleaning house on the agenda for today its cloudy so not sure if it will get sunny today.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

gothik butterfly
03-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Good Morning, all!

It's a dreary looking day here... but it RAINED. Spring is ... well... springing? It hasn't exactly officially sprung yet.. so I guess it's springing. lol

My sweetie will be here from Denver in 7 DAYS!! woohoo! And we are planning a trip for me to Denver in April for a VNV Nation concert.

*snoopy dance*

I got so much done yesterday that there's not a whole lot to do. Which is good. Sundays should be lazy.

Off to the daily job search...

Have a wonderful day!

sophie
03-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Good morning

What wonderful weather we have had. The weatherman says that we up north here have had the warmest and driest winter in 6 decades.

Yesterday, Hubby and I took a drive along Lakeshore Drive (Lake Ontario) and I was so thrilled to see two swans in their natural habitat. We also saw lots of wild turkeys. No sighting of a robin yet.

Having the family over for dinner tonight. This will be the first barbeque of the season, a bunless hamburger for me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
take care
Sophie

KO
03-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Hey chicks Alice was fantastic I might need to see it again!
Debbie with my fibromyalgia and also hypoglycemia sugar became a real crutch for me
so this made me make sure I was eating good stuff to stay in balance!
Finished the All bran today so Ph 1.5 ends today and 1 starts tomorrow
ok off to sweat!
Kierie

BellaLucia
03-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Congrats Jenn! Feel better Karen!