Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

Red face I'm new and need your motivation

Hi, I’m new here and I’m writing today because I have decided to seriously stop my bad eating habits and to change my sedentary lifestyle. Like most people I need motivation and support.
I have always have weight issues however, they originally were only psychological. I should confess that I was always catalogued as the “Fattest” on my family, and I have felt obese all my life because everybody on my family treated me like that. However, a few months ago looking back to pictures from my teen years I discovered that I was not fat on those years. Those pictures help me to notice that part of my real weight problems started when I moved to this country and that may be because being away from my family, their pressure, and discouraging comments about my image set me free to stop thinking about my image. In addition, because their comments about my image have damaged my self esteem to the point that I did not care about my image and health anymore. In addition, loneliness has been a factor too. However, in a few months I will go to visit my family and I want to use that as a motor to start to control my binge eating problems and kept back on track.
Can you help me to learn how to find motivation to start on track?
Thank you for reading
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #2  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Aluxa! There are lots of different forums here for support. Have a look around and start posting where you feel comfortable.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290.5/281.5/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello there! I'm a newbie too. I have also realized the same thing. Being a teen was hard and you are so critical of yourself. I wish I could go there again....augh!
gr82bmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to 3FC's ALUXA ~ sweetie you are worth much more than the sum of your weight. I know and you know that you have many wonderful qualities; maybe you could start with jotting them down -- all your good character qualities, skills, and talents, for starters. Whenever a negative thought come to mind, get out your list and read it out loud to yourself. In time, you can erase those criticisms with positive realities.

MOTIVATORS ~ we all can find some great motivators: for me the most important one is GOOD HEALTH for now and the future; then after that FEELIN' GOOD; and being more COMFORTABLE in my body, my self image, and society; having my clothes fit better; being able to buy any clothes I want; being able to do some things that are diffcult for me at present, etc.

I'm sure you could make up your own personal list of motivators and goals. This is a wonderful place with lots of supportive people; there are lots of interesting forums and threads for you to enjoy too.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Thanks

Hi Judy, I will look around. Thank you for the advice
Hi Gr, I do not think that I want to be a teen again. They were great years, but I do not know if I will want to go back. Thank you for reading and in this travel to achieve health
Hi Justwant2Bhealthy, thank you so much for your kind words. I agree with you to be healthy is the main and most important reason to lose weight. In health I include not only physical but also mental health and I know that I have a sick relationship with food. Coming from an Italian family makes food the center of my life in so many aspects. I need to change that in order to learn enjoy life with food and not throughout food. Thanks
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote