General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 03:22 PM   #1  
Opera Diva

Smile The only diet that has EVER worked for me - Fitday

I was wondering how many of you out there used Fitday.com to track your diet? I wanted to put it out there becuase I've been using it for the past month and have lost 13 pounds. It's honestly the only thing that has ever worked as far as diets go.

For those of you who don't know what it's all about, it's a (get this!) free website that allows you to keep a detailed account of everything you eat - you get to see your daily calories, fat grams, and all your RDA vitamins. I've found that using it lets me see exactly how much my favorite foods add to my daily count and helps me adjust portion sizes so I can literally eat anything I want, in moderation of course!

So, I first heard about it on a different diet website and it changed my life, so I wanted to let all of you know too. It takes so time and effort to keep such close track of it all, but trust me, it's worth it in the long run!

Genevieve
Old 08-24-2002, 07:28 AM   #2  

I agree that FitDay is an invalulable tool. I spent about 30 minutes a day for the first week just getting my custom foods set. Now it takes me just minutes to input my meals. It was really an awakening as I have never been a calorie tracker, what I really like about it is that I can see where my cals are coming from, how much fat, carbs, protein.

And it has gotten me to go out and find the content for fast food. I will never eat another Arby's turkey and bacon fresh market sandwich for instance.

Yes, FitDay is one of those truly good things on the web. Between 3Fc and FitDay my bases are covered.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:03 PM   #3  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Genevieve,

Just checked out the Fitday.com site and was rather impressed with the information it provides. I signed up today and am now keeping track of EVERYTHING that I eat. Thanks for letting us know about it

Nichola.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:22 PM   #4  
Opera Diva

Nichola - I'm so glad I could help you. I hope that everyone reads this thread and gets to experience all the great things fitday has to offer. It really did make all the difference in the world. I mean, being able to actually see how that piece of cake or a cookie effects my daily plan is by far the best deterrent.

Genevieve
Old 08-26-2002, 09:34 PM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

I've been using Fitday for years and love it, also.
If you are dieting with a friend or group, you can make your fitday record public. By giving your friend your public fitday address, you can monitor and critique each other. On the public page, you can see the food, exercise and journaling all on the same page.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:33 PM   #6  

Guinever, Thank you for this wonderful tool. I am a newbie to the forum and I have been using a Heart Smart tool but after 30 days you must give the owner of the tool $20 bucks for the software to continue. It took me about 30 minutes to transfer my info over, but I think I am going to be happy with it. Thank you again!!
Old 09-02-2002, 03:18 AM   #7  
Slimwithin

I've been using FitDay for some time now. It really helps to keep me honest.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:12 PM   #8  

What a great site I just signed up!!! Thanks for letting us know about it...
Old 09-11-2002, 01:14 PM   #9  

Default Fit Day

I just came across this web site yesterday, it seem really helpful, although it will take a little time to get familiar with, I am on ww and I think this will be the extra help I need, and the best part is its free, I wish the e-tools from ww was. Hope to talk to you all soon
Old 09-12-2002, 11:17 PM   #10  
resident lactivist

Hmm, looks interesting. It'll take more looking into, but should help a lot.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:38 PM   #11  
Sarcasm Queen

Yeah, FitDay is great. I like the format a lot.

Is Pilates listed in FitDay under activities? I don't know how to add it.

~Sahvara
Old 09-24-2002, 09:54 PM   #12  

Guinever~ I see that your picture thingy says opera diva above it. Do you really sing opera? I am jsut starting out. Just curious. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2002, 01:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Smile I love Fit Day

Thank you for sharing the info about fitday. I love it, and I love that I can see that I'm meeting my nutritional requirements at the click of my mouse.

Thanks Again!!
Old 10-01-2002, 05:05 PM   #14  
a little eccentric! :)

Location: Wisconsin, but longing to go home to California soon!

Hey all -- I am a HUGE FD fan, but someone pointed me to www.calorieking.com -- it's awesome! The food db there is so much better than FitDay's because they actually have tons of brands already in there. Check it out!
Closed Thread