Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Has your personality changed with your dress size?

I'd think it wouldn't be an unreasonable thing for your personality to change a bit after going through something like a huge weight loss.

However, is anyone worried about becoming annoying?

I'm finding myself hyper-aware of my behavior and personality lately. I'm most concerned when I'm around my friends and regular associates (some of whom are struggling with their own weight).

I don't want to become annoying. I know the way I act HAS changed. I'm much happier now and I have much more energy and I'm probably a bit more silly even. I just don't want people whispering about me being "annoying since she lost the weight". LOL!

Can you understand?

I most definitely dress differently than I had been dressing while at my high weight. I'm dressing more like ME now. I like cute, trendy and sexy (not slutty) clothing. And I LOOOOOOOOOOVE pretty and sexy bras and undies. So now that I can, I dress accordingly. I wonder if anyone thinks I'm "dressing sexy and acting annoying" since I lost weight.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 02-01-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Great topic Cali Doll!

I know that I have changed. Before I was alarmingly quiet, shy and had no self confidence or worth.

Now, while I am still shy I just need to get to know people a little bit first but am definately also more out going, I am definately happier and just let my personality out a little more.

My "friends" have been squeazing me out of our circle. They like to sit around, eating donuts and crap and complain about how they need to do something and lose weight. I'm all for hanging out and chatting, but since I don't eat that junk anymore, they say I can't relate. I've suggested that we all bring healty snacks next gathering or meet at a park for a walk. They always decline, and I'm getting the feeling that they just want an excuse to eat junk. I keep my success to myself and this place because no one seems to support it. I'm not rubbing it in, or throwing it in anyone's face, I wonder if the fact that I'm getting more attention due to it, is a source. It hurts.

I believe that we go through cycles of friends and now I need to make more health and fitness minded ones that's all.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I hear ya. I can't wait to come close to my goal as I miss my office clothes so much. There is so much variety when you are more fit as the clothes look better on you. And I find that I can find cheaper clothes and pair them with a more expensive item and I look like a million bucks!!! What's that saying, nothing makes you feel better than being thin Silly I know...

As far as the personality change goes, if anything, I'll go back to my old self. I gained nearly 100 lbs last year as a result of my pregnancy and I was miserable the whole time when anyone made a comment about my weight and how big I was. I started shying away from conversation and people andwanted to be invisible...first for my belly than for my weight. Closerto the end of pregnancy, I avoided people like crazy because people were shocked by how much I had gained (and couldn't hide the shocked expression on their face). I am slowly coming out of my shell...shedding the weight and the spark is back. I don't care if people think I'm annoying...they were annoying and RUDE to me while I was preggo so there....

I can't wait to get back to my normal weight and start wearing trendier clothing....great post...now you got me thinking about shopping and clothes
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I am not sure if you would consider it a personality change.... but I have been told that I am obsessed with WL and with exercise. I get up every AM that the fitness center I go to is open and go before work..... and a few people are now calling me obsessed.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin Jenn View Post
I keep my success to myself and this place because no one seems to support it. I'm not rubbing it in, or throwing it in anyone's face, I wonder if the fact that I'm getting more attention due to it, is a source.
YES! I totally get it. I feel the same way.

I'm sorry you are going through that. I used to be so excited about sharing each and every milestone with my friends (I'm under 200 lbs! I'm in a size 12! My thighs don't rub together!) but I slowly began to just celebrate alone and with you guys here since I started to fear that they may be rolling their eyes at me (if only internally). They've NEVER made me feel like I couldn't share my goals with them; however, I fear that they may be thinking it's bragging on my part.

I am also EXTREMELY sensitive about people complimenting me when I'm with my friends (who are struggling with their weight). I feel awkward! While I like to hear it (don't get me wrong), I sometimes wish my friends weren't standing with me when it happens.

Oh, I meant to mention this in my initial post. I've also developed a habit of trying to catch my reflection...everywhere. It's so not an issue of "Man, I look hot! I want to see myself again!"...it's more of, "Wow, I can't believe that's me. Did I really do that? Do I really look like that? I can't believe my thighs looks so small!!". If anyone sees me doing it, they may think I've turned into a total arrogant jerk.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 02-01-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Violin Jenn-I like what you've said about making new friends, more health minded ones. And I agree that we go through cycle of friends throughout our lives-since giving birth to my son, my friends can't relate and they don't call anymore. One friend won't even pick up her phone when I call. I won't bother her anymore...time to move on and I know she will come around eventually and want to hang out again but I think that I won't.

Surround yourself with positive people and like minded individuals and get rid of those that just drag you down and don't want to see you succeed.

And we should all be proud of ourselves for getting healthier
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2010 View Post
I don't care if people think I'm annoying...they were annoying and RUDE to me while I was preggo so there....
LOL! I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2010 View Post
I can't wait to get back to my normal weight and start wearing trendier clothing....great post...now you got me thinking about shopping and clothes
Ha! My evil plan has worked.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
I am not sure if you would consider it a personality change.... but I have been told that I am obsessed with WL and with exercise. I get up every AM that the fitness center I go to is open and go before work..... and a few people are now calling me obsessed.

Hey, there are worse obsessions to have.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #9  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Everything has changed. Everything. I am more energetic, outgoing, happier, more sociable, more self-confident, always have a smile on my face. Thankfully, the people who love me are generally very pleased with the change. I was pretty isolated during the peak of my own personal obesity crisis, so I didn't have any eating buddies or anything, and there's nobody to complain about the changes I've gone through. I'm not making anybody feel bad by comparing their own lifestyle to mine, you know?
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #10  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I'm just starting on my journey and every little milestone I announce. The catching your reflection everywhere, I do that now but when I get to goal I will be crazy. Excited because I actually did it and happy because I have the ability to control how I use food. Everyone that knows me and know that I am working on my health have already said to me, you are going to be a hot mess when I loose my weight. Well Yea.

I think if they are friends they should embrace you and the things you've done with your self. If they are co workers and you only see them at work, keep it moving. You will find that no matter how great people are eventually you find out what's really in their hearts concerning you.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote