Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #1  
Cake Lover

S/C/G: 270/207/180

Height: 5' 5"

Default Commitment to Medifast

For the past week or so I have been reading threads here and doing research on Medifast, to see if it's the right thing for me. I talked to my mom about it, and decided to take the plunge and order the first month.

I have been doing pretty good just counting calories, but I feel like Medifast will help me lose faster as well as lose healthier and in a more controlled way. Right now I eat too many carbs and I know this is a problem for losing weight in my problem areas.

So I'm so excited I just placed my first order and I can't wait for it to arrive!
Kellye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Medifast is truly the easiest most satisfying program I have ever done and I have done them all.....
txmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

Welcome Kellye! I am so happy with my decision to start the Medifast program. I've just finished my 7th week and am officially down 20 lbs today!

txmom is totally right - it's easy, it's satisfying, and the results speak for themselves!

My unsolicited tips:
-Commit 100% and let the program do it's magic.
-If you don't like one of the packets, put it aside and try it again a few weeks later. You'll be surprised how your tastes change!
-Track your food. MyMedifast has a good tool to record your 5&1's. Log all your packets and your Lean and Green and your water!

Good luck! I can't wait to see your progress once you get your food!
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #4  
Cake Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickapea View Post
Welcome Kellye! I am so happy with my decision to start the Medifast program. I've just finished my 7th week and am officially down 20 lbs today!

txmom is totally right - it's easy, it's satisfying, and the results speak for themselves!

My unsolicited tips:
-Commit 100% and let the program do it's magic.
-If you don't like one of the packets, put it aside and try it again a few weeks later. You'll be surprised how your tastes change!
-Track your food. MyMedifast has a good tool to record your 5&1's. Log all your packets and your Lean and Green and your water!

Good luck! I can't wait to see your progress once you get your food!
Thanks, it's great to get tips from people who've been doing it for awhile.

The only thing I worry about is getting enough water, I have heard that you have to drink a low while on this plan, and I've never been a big drinker. I have maybe two drinks a day, and that's only if I have something particularly salty for dinner.

But I bought a gigantic case of water on sale at Target today, so I'm trying to train myself to drink more before my order arrives.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

The water is tough, but you'll build up a tolerance for it, and your body will start asking for it if you don't have enough. If I'm somewhere without a limitless supply of water, I'll start feeling thirsty before I realize it.
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5.5"

Welcome to the medifast group. I think you will be very happy with the program. I find it so simple to stay on and that helps me though the tough times.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/130/135

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone,

I am going to join Medifast next week (on payday, lol!). I gained 20+ lbs over the last couple of years, and after gaining/losing 10+/- lbs the past year, I want to commit to losing the weight for good. I have been on my own calorie-counting diet for the past 2 weeks, but haven't weighed myself - based on my clothes, though, I've probably lost 3-4 pounds, which puts me right in the neighborhood of 150-152 lbs. My goal is 135, which is a weight I previously maintained for approximately 5 years. Looking forward to comparing notes on Medifast!
montanawildhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #8  
Cake Lover

I just got my shipment today, and tomorrow is my first day. I'm really looking forward to getting into the program and being a part of something that I'm confident will work.

Still, my only apprehension is not knowing if I'll be able to drink that much water. Anyone know what happens if you drink too little?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #9  

Welcome to medifast. I LOVE this program!

This advice is from my doctor who got me started on the diet. You can get dehydrated easily on this diet so it is important to drink all 64oz of water. If you just can't stand that much water then you can flavor the water with flavor infusors, crystal light or make very light iced tea. Not strong tea because the caffeine intake should stay low (< 300mg). He also gave me a 16oz water bottle so I know I need to drink 4 bottles a day. It is pretty easy to keep track that way.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #10  
Cake Lover

Well, I have those 16.9 oz water bottles, this is my second day and I've managed to fit all 64 oz in. I find that the more water I drink, the thirstier I get!

Also I can't stop peeing
Old 01-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #11  

Keep up the great work. I have to use the bathroom on this program more than when I was pregnant!!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:23 PM   #12  

I placed my order today - can't wait to get started!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/180/145

Good Luck to both of you. Medifast is certainly working for me. I've slipped a few times and still lost close to 25 lbs in about 16 weeks. That is very good for me. I'm trying very hard to stick to it 100% and last week lost 2.5 lbs. I'm convinced it certainly does work.
DebbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #14  
Cake Lover

Since being on the program (1 week) I have lost total of just under 5 lbs, though my official WI isn't til tomorrow, maybe I can get past the 5 lb mark.

I'm really loving this program, it does work! I don't feel hungry all the time, and I can really dig the extra energy. I didn't get the 3 days of tired I keep hearing about, so that's kind of nice.

Although I do have a funky sweet taste in my mouth a lot of the time!

My only problem, which I knew was gonna be a problem, is that I cannot fit that my water into my life. The first couple of days I forced myself, and I was peeing constantly, stopping on even the drive home from the grocery store, twice!

I'm having such a hard time finding the willpower to force myself to drink such large amounts of fluid. Often I find myself with an hour before bed, chugging at least two bottles of water. Ugh.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieC View Post
Good Luck to both of you. Medifast is certainly working for me. I've slipped a few times and still lost close to 25 lbs in about 16 weeks. That is very good for me. I'm trying very hard to stick to it 100% and last week lost 2.5 lbs. I'm convinced it certainly does work.
Thanks for the encouragement! I have to admit I'm a bit down since I've only lost 2 pounds in the last 3 weeks of calorie-counting - here's to hoping Medifast works for me, too. I did lose about 7 lbs last year through a meal delivery service (over about 8 weeks), but I had to quit because I moved and could no longer get the food in my new location.
Quote:
Since being on the program (1 week) I have lost total of just under 5 lbs
That's great, congratulations! I'm still waiting for my order to arrive.