Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 01:33 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default #167 - Now or Never

Thought it was time for a new thread!!! 4 pages is just a bit long!!

Things with me are good. I have been doing better in the points challenge. Not perfect, but I am trying. And it feels good to be trying. My current goal is 245 by my birthday.

I posted this on one of the other threads, but I am pretty excited about my results from the doctor. My cholesteral went from 273 (may, 2001) to 236. I know 236 isn't great, but it's soooo much better.

My baby got moved up. Jacob will be 2 in October. Daycare said they were going to strart transitioning him from the ones to the twos and move him sometime in September. Well, he did so good in the twos they just moved him!! My little baby is in the twos. They grow up WAY too fast!!!

I updated the points page. Everyone is doing so awesome!!!
Old 08-16-2002, 09:56 AM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

well, I went out and bought a highly reccomended book called the insulin resistance diet. And I followed it carefully yesterday. I had a balanced day! Basically by this diet you have to eat protein with carbohydrates, you are not allowed to eat carbs by themselves. This will keep your insulin from spiking. And you know what? I felt MUCH better for most of the day, had virtually nil cravings, and actually made it all the way from Breakfast to Dinner with no hunger pangs or need to snack! I can't think of the last time in my life that has ever happened. So hopefully this is the right track to a newer healthier me. I go to see the endocrinologist on Monday, but no matter what he says, I do believe I have insulin resistance. I could relate to EVERY thing they said in the book, and took the test and got flying colors! (Meaning I scored WELL into the range of having insulin resistance.) The Insulin Resistance diet fits quite well into Weight Watchers as well, which I was worried about.

So I hope you all have great Fridays and Great weekends, since I am quite sure the boards are going to be down over the weekend for the 3FC server move. Don't forget to keep track of your points if you are doing the OP Challenge with us!

Sandi-
isn't it hard to see your kids grow up? I look at pictures of Jocelyn and can't believe how much she has changed in the few years I've known her! It's so hard to let them go! A huge congrats on your blood tests! Good Job!

Last edited by BA99TJ; 08-16-2002 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:43 AM   #3  

Sandy, i know how you feel. My oldest starts kindergarten next year and I just can't believe it! My youngest just turned 2 as well. But as much as it makes me want to cry that they are growing so much, I love to see it.

Well if you can't tell, I didn't make it to Vermont! My m-i-l was unable to take my dogs so I was unable to go. Instead I had to travel 3 hours one way to my faters to give him my grams peaches and then come right home. Then I had to put up with monster kids. lol,

On the good side, I got a call back from the job I was waiting for and will meet with him next week. I aslo got my college acceptance. I'll be spending today trying to get a loan. Hopefully I will. So all isn't horrible.

I just have to work on my food and water today!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Bella23
Old 08-16-2002, 01:39 PM   #4  

I know how you feel about seeing your babies grow up. I actually cried when I dropped my five year old off for his first day of Kindergarten. My DH think's that I'm insane, because I fought the tears back when my 2 1/2 year old started swim lessons without mommy.
They just seem to grow up so fast.

Sandi- great job on the cholesteral! That is great news!
Old 08-19-2002, 01:33 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Boy, it's quiet around here. Must be the server change. I was in at home, but I just got in at work.

My weekend was pretty uneventful. I am hoping to have have an awesome week. My 6 lb loss has spurred me on. My goal right now is to get to 245 by December 12. That should be pretty doable, but it is pretty much 2 lbs a week.

Jacob is doing awesome in the 2 year old room. Glad I'm not alone in my tears.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 04:19 PM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

oh jeez, you had to bring up the babies growing up. Drake will be starting daycare in a few very short weeks and I'm trying not to think about it too much. I know he will love it but it is going to be rough the first few times leaving him there. He's barely been out of my sight since he was born. I'll probably be bawling the first day. I'm misting up now just thinking about it.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #7  

It is mighty quiet. Where is everybody? I wonder if it is just the Monday thing and getting back into the swing of things.

I had an OK weekend I guess. I got really sick on Thursday night and pretty much stayed sick until Sunday morning. I did have bouts of feeling better and then ending up back in bed again later in the day. The only benifit of not being able to eat anything, is well, not actually eating anything, so I did lose weight. I'm just afraid that I will gain it all back though, but then again it is my TOM, and with PCOS I do tend to get extremely bloated and gain some.
I'm beginning to think that my goal of 10% by labor day is going to be unattainable. I'm afraid that I set myself up for some disappointment.
I do have a little personal victory today. I went to Target to buy a new pair of shorts (the ones that I wore on Sunday were falling off me) and they didn't have any 18, so I picked up a pair of 16 and they actually fit. They are tight, and I don't know if I will wear them out of the house right now, but they go on, I can zip them, and button the top, and I do not feel like I have to peel them off! I just need to tone the butt and thighs and they will look pretty good! I don't remember the last time I bought a size 16 for myself!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:48 PM   #8  

That's a gr eat bit of news, Denise! Size 16 seems so tiny to me. Congrats.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:04 AM   #9  
gbo

Size 16 is still a long way off for me but since this past week I have lost 6 more pounds I am again on the move in the right direction. My Mother in Law just got e-mail and we send e-mails to each other daily. It is so nice to be able to be close to her I just adore her. My e-mail has been busy!!!! I am doing quite well and just keep plugging. I didn't lose anything while down with my back mind you I didn't gain either so I felt blessed. Then boom the scale begins to move and move. I hope this continues for a while. I have not felt very energetic but I keep going as much as possible. It has been quiet here but that will soon change. My girlfriend is coming out to stay the night this coming weekend and I do look forward to a girls night. Our Nicky had 6 babies and we were just worn out after 9 hours of labor and delivery. She had a hard time and I had to work with a couple of the babies to get them breathing but all is well. Mother and children are fine and beautiful. Nicky is a calico and she had two calicos so strickingly marked! Two orange, one beautifully marked black and light gray tiger cat( his face is marked so unusual) and one black and white with the sweetest nature. They are adorable and Nicky does so love and cherish those babies! Other than that not much is going on. Kittens are not what I had in mind but they are precious!
Pam
Old 08-20-2002, 07:59 AM   #10  
Old Cackler

congrats on your new family, pam!! at least these little ones won't go to school on you, swinging their lunch boxes and backpacks without a look back at their crying mom!!!

life is quiet around here, but i don't need a whole lot of excitement. work is, well, calmer than the last couple of weeks, but it's an abusive environment when everyone's under stress. not a good thing.

i'm sort of ready to go, except for the shoes. i've gotten most of my day's food ready [4 rollups made with thin slices of mexican turkey and 1/2 thin slice muenster, and 1 cup salad, 4 baby carrots, 6 olives, and 1/2 c blueberries. will stop for about 4 tbs tuna salad. oh. and some low fat yogurt cheese with peppercorn and chives for a snack if i get stuck late at work].

still can't recognize myself and i can't decide to ignore this or try to do something about it. i figure that if i wait long enough [months? years?] it'll finally go away. after all, what's gonna happen here? the weight won't come back unless i really screw this up, and i guess it'll just happen..

but i do indeed wish that more exercise places worked on the 'head' aspect of losing weight, so that we can get used to moving and living in our bodies instead of in our heads, and being so disconnected from the body.

have a great day, ya'll...

does this make sense to anyone?
Old 08-20-2002, 12:21 PM   #11  

Sandi - I'm sure your little boy moving to the 2 year old room is very bittersweet... I don't have children yet, but can only imagine how quickly time flies!! Congrats on the cholesterol going down! What an accomplishment!

BA - Your book on insulin resistance sounds very interesting! Keep me updated on how its going! Sounds like it might be the right plan for you. GL with your dr. appointment!

Bella - Sorry your weekend trip got cancelled, but congrats on the job meeting & the college acceptance!!! WAY TO GO!

Denise - Size 16!!!!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!

Pam- Congrats on the 6 more pounds lost!! And the kittens too! Aren't kittens just about the most precious things

Jiffypop - I think I know what you are saying. I have a hard time "seeing myself" as well. I know what I see & what others see are two entirely different things. The way I view myself has become seriously skewed, & I'm not sure how to correct it. I have this "image" of myself & what I should look like, but I know that in real life, it is unattainable. I am 5'10" tall. I am never going to be a ultra-thin person. And it's like I know that this okay, & what is healthy for me, but part of me says that unless I am super thin, I will have failed.
Anyway, I don't know if that makes any sense at all, or if it was even similar to how your feeling, but that's some of the issues I am dealing with as I struggle to lose weight.

Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend. John & I enjoyed a weekend away, & we got our new puppy! She is ADORABLE!!! We decided on the name Daisy & we are having a great time with her.

My WW program is going okay. Did pretty good, but had a slice of b-day cake on Sunday Been feeling pretty guilty about that, but I'm just trying to move past it. I'll find out how I did this week tomorrow at weigh-in.

Hope you are all having great day!!
Old 08-20-2002, 03:53 PM   #12  
JML
Success Story!!!

I'm still here, just not on the computer much. My tendinitis in my arms is definitely improving, but I still have the cysts on my wrists and if I do too much hand work I will be in pain. I went to see a surgeon today and he says I don't need surgery but do need some kind of treatment -- from a different kind of Dr. - an orthopedic one. Why can't I get referred to the right kind of Dr. right away? It's so frustrating.

The weight however is going well. I'm up to 62 #'s lost, 43 to go. I lose about a pound a week. I've gone from a very tight size 24 pants to a comfortable 18, and have even bought ahead since some pants I like were on a great sale last week. I bought a 16 and a 14. I can almost wear the 16 but it's just a little tight still. But, I went ahead and bought the 14 anyway for later. How's that for confidence? My mom couldn't believe I bought a 14, but really, why shouldn't I have confidence? I've already given away a garbage bag full of old clothes to Goodwill -- except for my largest outfit which I'm saving for my "after" picture.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:23 PM   #13  

Way to go, JML. Esp. with continued weight loss despite pain. Good to buy ahead sometimes, nice motivator.

Desperately trying to have a decent day today myself. Good on food and did my exercise and doing ok on water. Just one of those days full of surprises, none of them good. Just one of those LIFE days. Glad I don't weigh in until tomorrow because that too would probably not be good today.

Must go off and count up all the MANY good things in my life and swat away any more pessimistic thoughts.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:14 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Jeanne - That's a good idea to go ahead and pick up stuff on sale in smaller sizes. My last semi-successful go-round, I put smaller sizes on layaway. It really motivated me to make my goals!

Sandi - My "baby" is in the eighth grade this year, and my son is a sophomore in high school. He's getting his learner's permit as soon as we get all the paperwork together - a scary thought!

Denise - Congrats on your 16! I have a bunch of stuff in my closet that is size 16, but I think I'm about another 20 or so pounds away from fitting into it. Right now, my 18's are fitting just right. You know what's REALLY embarrassing, though? I was wearing these same 18's 18 lbs. ago! I must have looked like a stuffed sausage!

Bethanne - Is insulin resistance the same as being borderline diabetic? Diabetes runs in hubby's family, and he was tested about a year and a half ago when he took his retirement physical with the Navy. (Test came out okay.) I wonder, though, because he is tired ALL the time. I'm thinking he might benefit from that diet?
Old 08-20-2002, 10:54 PM   #15  
Losin It For GOOD!

Jennelle- I believe that Insulin resistance is the step before Type II diabetes. The endo yesterday said that if we don't fix something, I am going to have diabetes really soon.

To everyone with smaller sizes - CONGRATS!! Doesn't it feel great?

As far as me: I AM FINALLY THROUGH MY SLUMP! Thank God. I lost 4.2 lbs tonight!! I am .4 lbs away from my 25 lb. ribbon, 3 lbs away from my 10% keychain!! HOORAY! So I KNOW I am going to get SOME reward next week at WW. I CAN'T WAIT!

As far as the Doctor: He took TONS of blood this morning. Checking me for EVERYTHING. Thyroid, Cushing's disease, Cortisol levels... I don't know what all of it means, and I'm not looking it up to avoid hypochondriac syndrome. He did say he is going to have me under 200 by the end of the year, so he won a huge award in my book. He also said I have to step up the exercise hard core. I'm supposed to bike a minimum of 2 miles at LEAST 4 days a week. So I went 3 miles yesterday, and took a break today and just did housework. He also wants me to stay on a low carb version of WW, and follow it strictly. He said balancing my protein with carbs definately won't hurt, and if it works, then hey, keep doing it. He was very encouraging, and I should know tomorrow about my blood work. He's not sure about the insulin resistance, but said he is pretty sure I have PCOS. For now we'll worry about the weight, then if I have trouble having babies, we'll worry about that. I do have to come off the Depo Provera... so I'm praying my OB can find SOMETHING that won't make me bleed to death. (On the pill I ended up in the ER needing a blood transfusion, so I do mean that literally!!!) I guess there are lots of non-hormonal pills now... I'm actually seriously considering a new IUD that just came out... but we'll see. I guess I have to come off the Depo so they can see if my periods get normal... and since Depo makes your period go away, its a little hard to test that LOL. Man, I am going to MISS not having periods... its heaven for sure.

Well I should go to bed. Night night all
Closed Thread