Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Unhappy I blew it today and am self loathing

Well, my long streak of no binge eating lasted from Halloween of 2009 until today. It kind of started when this past weekend, I was working out twice a day and eating the appropriate amount of calories only to end up gaining 2 lbs. for my effort. Then, my kids were off school on Monday, but I still managed to workout anyway and eat right, but barely. I was in that searching mode....dying to binge, but managing to hold off. On Monday night, my husband could tell a binge was lurking and he stopped me from having something I would regret. Then, this morning, I got on the scale and it still didn't budge. I forgot to mention that I needed a root canal and my evil dentist refused to give it to me so I was in pain all weekend and taking lots of pain meds and just not feeling well at all. I will have a root canal tomorrow, but one of my boys was home from school today and so I took him to his favorite restaurant (we can never go there because my other son is allergic to dairy...sorry, TMI) and I ate on plan there: salad, soup and a baked potato. Then, my son didn't finish his desert: frozen yogurt with brownie inside so I took a tiny bite and then, before I knew what happened, I finished it. That would have still been alright, but when I got home, I started the real binge. I won't go into the details of what I had, but I'm pretty sure that I now did gain an additional two lbs. for this day. I'm so upset with myself. I need to get back on track and need some support and reassurance. I'm so frustrated with myself because I've been so strong for so long and have overcome so much and now, I binged on things that weren't even all that great! Ugh!!!! If I don't get back on track tomorrow, I'll be at risk of never getting back on track. I know it sounds crazy, but that's how fragile this sobriety is for me. I need help. Please let me know you're out there chickies. I need you so much.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/179/130

Height: 5' 6"

Don't give up!!!! I did that same thing on Saturday - but I picked myself back up on Sunday. Don't know what plan you're following but I learned from Wendy Chant's Conquer the Fat Loss Code that you can plan to "overeat" -say for Thanksgiving - and still recover. To sum up her advice the best thing for you to do tomorrow and the next day is to stick to lean protein and non-starchy vegetables. If you don't put any new carbs in your system your body will be able to use up and deal with the extra sugar and glycogen and you'll be able to minimize the damage from the binge. Of course it's better not to binge in the first place, but since life happens, it helps me to know what I can do next.

Even if you decide not to be that extreme, a month from now you will NOT REGRET sticking with this and getting back on track tomorrow. A 2lb gain is nothing compared to a 20lb gain. Keep moving in the direction you want to go. You are a superstar. 48lbs lost is absolutely inspiring and think how you'll be able to mentor someone else who will go through the same thing and tell them how you pulled yourself together and moved forward. YOU CAN DO IT!

Last edited by SkinnyK10; 01-19-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: referenced the wrong book title
SkinnyK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

We're here for you! NOTHING you've done is irreparable!!! You've made such wonderful progress - don't throw it away because of one day. Honestly, start over right now. Make tomorrow day one. Then go from there. There is no shame in starting over.

We both need to learn how to still find a sense of accomplishment in following our plans even when the scale doesn't cooperate. I am walking the same fine line right now, so I know what you're feeling. I'm trying to remember that this is not a black or white journey. I seem to want to make it one anyway - either I'm losing big or I'm binging and gaining big. We need more colors in that rainbow. One for maintaining. One for making healthy choices regardless of what the scale says. One for losing at a snail's pace. One for nearly three months of good days followed by only one yucky day. There are lots of way to define success on this journey. Redefine how you measure success... You ARE a success. Never doubt that. Any don't let a few bad decisions on one day take that away from you.

Last edited by CLCSC145; 01-19-2010 at 10:09 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #4  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

Halloween until today? All of November and December, plus half of January? Celebrate that! It's a great streak!

Today is only today, compared to over 75 binge-free days. Hop back up on the horse and ride again.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Thank you all so much for the inspirational words. They made me want to cry, but out of gratitude. Sorry to be such an emotional wreck! I think that when I don't get to the gym, I can't think straight. I am going to do my absolute best to start over tomorrow, despite the fact that I have that root canal! Yes, I have already accomplished a lot, but it seems that in times of weakness, I totally lose it and fall apart. Tomorrow, I will start over. As I always say, I just need one good day. One good day is what I'm going to focus on tomorrow. I love the advice to have protein and non-starchy veggies. I will try to focus on that as well. I'm a calorie counter, so that is my plan, by the way. Ok, enough rambling. Time to get focused on the goal and to make things in color, instead of black and white!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote