Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-18-2010, 03:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 18.5lb/18.5lb/12st

Height: 5'3

Talking good morning everyone !!!

im up early im having my tea with sweetner not sugar and i plan to eat well and try and exercise today , i had 4 takeaways this week after losing 3 and a half lbs at slimming world last week , so i wont be surprised if its all back on when i go tommoro , my takeaways are my comfort eating wen im feeling very low , but im going to beat it this week and try not to have more than one , im feeling confident today for the first time in ages , new day new me im going to really try this time , the depression does not help its a big big factor as to why im obese well thanks for reading ill let you guys no how i get on xx
kerrie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:14 AM   #2  

Thumbs up yay !!!

just back from the gym was very paranoid and nervous but i did it !!! my partner is still in his bed lol i left him a note but i came home to find it still there lol , im so glad im doing this its so so hard i felt like crying at the gym and on the way home cos its so hard with my depression but im just taking it one day at a time xx
Old 01-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kerrie,

Welcome !!

I'd like to invite you to the Monthy Chat thread.. hope you'll join us.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depr...ry-2010-a.html
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Hi, Kerrie, welcome! I am so glad you are here! The people here are so nice and friendly and helpful, you will love it here I just know!

I suffer from depression too, and I know those mean voices that play in your head can interfere with your happiness.

Try fighting back - whenever the mean voice says something, say something positive and loving instead - push out the mean thoughts and replace them with loving thoughts!

You know what? You're doing great on your diet and exercise. It really takes a lot of courage and willpower to get out that door and to go exercise! Okay, so you ate a bit more than you wanted...well, we all do it. It's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you pick yourself back up and continue on!

I believe in you, I know you will reach your goal of a happier and healthier new you!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #5  

awk thanku lori , im glad that ur here aswell , i no its so hard wen ur suffering with depression and trying to lose weight i went to my slimming world on tuesday there and id put on 3 lb that id lost the week before but im not giving in and letting it beat me noty this time , thanku lori xx