Old 01-13-2006, 07:46 AM   #1  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

I'm new to the boards and to the diet...I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 4 pounds...today I start with the meal plan....I'm a little nervous but very happy to have you guys! It is nicce to see some of questions already answered.....
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:58 AM   #2  
PurpleSunshine

Good Morning and welcome to the board Gymgurl!! Yes, these ladies are so helpful and there are several newbies around here including me. Good luck - trust me - the plan works if you work the plan!!

and....CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS - THAT IS GREAT!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:07 AM   #3  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Welcome Gymgurl always good to see a newbie!!! There is a ton and i do mean a ton of information here so take your time look around and join in the LAWL Loser and Friends thread for January. Congrats on that 4lb loss your starting off great!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #4  

Thanks guys....I need to go fill in the bio part....but I am married, 40 (eek) with three young daughters ages 4, 6 and 8. I'm a little nervous...this is the same weight I have been at for 2 yrs....I started at 220 and lost and ended up at 161 and have been there (within 5 pounds) for 2 yrs. SOoooooo I want to go under that weight and no matter what I do nothing moves....I think that I might not have been eating enough most days and binging on the others...so the weight stayed the same...not a way to live..I want a balanced plan that I can live with and this to me seemed like a blanced plan...so I'm hoping to get into the low 150's maybe high 140's.......
Old 01-13-2006, 09:27 AM   #5  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Welcome aboard ... Congrats on your lose ... WOW you have come a long way so far !!!

My kids are about the same age ... my daughter just turned 9 and my sons are 6 and 4 1/2 (gotta get that 1/2 in there, it is important you know ! )

Last edited by Mom_of_3_Monsters; 01-13-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #6  

That 1/2 can make a huge difference in behavior lol......is anyone else on the red plan? This just seems like sooooo much food to me lol
Old 01-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #7  
Norissa on LAWL

They put you on the Red Plan ?? Hmmm Interesting ... I thought when you got into the 180's you went to the Gold Plan ? Ask in the LA losers and Friends thread ... I did LA years ago after the 6 year old was born ... I am doiing this with out the center this time around ... and when I started I was 190, and I was put on the Gold plan ... so that's what I am doing now ...
Old 01-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #8  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Wow they have you on red i dont understand that at all. No wonder you you cant get all your food in. Im 257.5 lbs and I am on red plan so i think they put you on the wrong plan. You might want to call the 1-800 number for LAWL and talk to someone there and talk to your counselor also and say am I on the right plan this seems like way to much food!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #9  
Norissa on LAWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittyboo07
Wow they have you on red i dont understand that at all. No wonder you you cant get all your food in. Im 257.5 lbs and I am on red plan so i think they put you on the wrong plan. You might want to call the 1-800 number for LAWL and talk to someone there and talk to your counselor also and say am I on the right plan this seems like way to much food!
Good advice !!! Yeah, I would ask your counselor about double checking to see if you are on the right plan ... Good luck !
Old 01-13-2006, 09:54 AM   #10  

And congrats on your huge success with maintaining the 160 for 2 years! I am currently at 154 ish and started at 182 on the gold plan, so I too think you might be too high, unless you aren’t doing lites and then maybe you are on red without lites?
Please come over to the monthly thread and like it was said earlier search and read around here and you will find answers to all of your questions. (well at least most )
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #11  

well I think the reason I am on red is that I workout 4 days a week or so...so they thought I wasn't eating enough for the amount I was exercising....4-5 days a week of exercise...40 min cardio and rest heavy weights is normal for me and a hour of kick boxing a week......so I think that was why
Old 01-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #12  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Even with all the exercise I would still think you would at the most be on the purple plan.... might want to ask to double check just in case cause if you are eating to much food then that will stall your weight loss also just something to think about.....
Old 01-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #13  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Gymgurl,

I agree with Britt, I would think you should only be going as high as purple with lites. Let us know what the 800 number says!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:28 PM   #14  

Okay I called the 800 number and they said yes I should be on red because I exercise....but darn that seems like a ton of food...I should drop the lite at night....is that okay to do or do I have to ask first lol
Old 01-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #15  
Norissa on LAWL

WOW ... you must exercise a ton !!! More power to you !!! I wsh I could catch that exercise bug I would discuss your concerns with your center ... hopefully they can help you out, that what you are paying them for ... Good Luck to you !