Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Angry Somebody Anybody Help Me Pls

I need some help quickly!!!

I lose weight better when I stick with a very strict plan. Well for the first two weeks I have been on a plan knowing what to eat, when, and exactly how many calories to eat. The plan was to switch increasing my calorie count from 1200 to 1500 for the third and fourth weeks. I'm a little worried because I don't want to destroy my progress. I'm able to fit clothes that I had grown out of and I can breathe in them, I even have room in them.

We found an eating light cookbook that has calorie counts and since my husband is doing this with me, he wants to try a lot of different stuff. I don't do well like that. I have this crazy need to know what I'm having every moment. I know this isn't good for maintaining.

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Last edited by jigglefree; 01-17-2010 at 12:52 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Meal plan your next few weeks with the recipies you like. Create your shopping list for said items and stick to it by shopping after you have eaten. This will end up being part of your overall plan as you move on.

Goog luck, you can do this
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

you may be feeling a little teetery because you're not completely confident the new habits feel ingrained yet, that's totally understandable. I think you should follow whatever plan you do well with, discuss it with hubby. After you're doing it for a while and feel more comfortable mentally, you can always try different recipes. maintenance is down the road, I wouldn't worry too much about that now.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I agree with Dragonwoman. It just sounds like you aren't comfortable yet. For the first two months I stuck with Protein shakes, protein bars and Lean Cuisines. The only really normal meal I was eating was dinner with the family and measured everything carefully. It's only been in the past few weeks that I've started eating real food. I'm much more confident now than I was two months ago.

Take your time. If you're comfortable where you are, there's no reason to veer away from it until you're ready, especially if you're having success. I bet there will come a time when you're ready to experiment.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

I eat pretty much the same things for breakfast, lunch & snacks. For dinners they change but I make a meal plan. 3 days a week are the same. For instance I do high protein salmon cakes on mondays (use for lunch the rest of the week). Wednesdays is Homemade Chicken Burritos, and Fridays is homemade pizza. The other days vary but are planned out at the beginning on the month ( I print out the calendar and put it on the fridge)
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #6  
No more +sizes

Thank you all for your input. I talked with my husband and told him I wasn't ready to be all adventurous with him and the new cookbook and he said okay. I have my plan in place and I will wait til I'm ready. He laughed at me because when we met I was eating chicken and broccoli everyday and was loosing weight. Then he asked me if I could cook and that's when the pounds started to increase. But it's all good because he gained all the weight when I was pregnant. Now we both need to lose weight.

Again thanks for the input.

I feel so much better now
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default meal planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
I need some help quickly!!!

I have this crazy need to know what I'm having every moment. I know this isn't good for maintaining.

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
I am on maintenance, and I stiil plan all my meals ahead of time. Takes me anout five minutes to plan a days menu , staying within my calorie allowance. I make adjustments if necessary during the day just remembering to stay within my calorie allowance. I wouldn't call this a crazy need. I call it necessary to maintain my weight loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/170/150

You said you are using the same cookbook. There are many great cookbooks out there for healthy eating. I personally love my weight watchers one. I don't count points but their food is normally good, and it gives all the information like calories, fats, etc. Maybe that would give a bit of variety?
AmandaMary is offline   Reply With Quote