Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #1  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default 35 bad health has to lose weight

Hello my name is Terre. I am 35. Mother of 2 daughters Cede 17 and Katy 12. Married to a wonderful Husband Chad.

In may of 2009 I found out that I have a blood disorder. They thought i had cushing's because of my weight but none of the tests point to it so I am just fat. I do have "polyclonal B-Cell lymphocytosis" which is caused by smoking. I am starting this weightloss and stopping smoking at the same time. I have set a start date of Monday jan 18th so we can go after hubby gets paid and get "healthy foods" and to get chantix.

i am really needing to do this as my daughter Cede weighed 181 and she had lost down to 150. She is graduating in May of this year and I want to look fantsastic standing beside her in her cap and gown.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

current weight 256 5'2"

Last edited by Terre; 01-12-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: forgot weight
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello, Terre, and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good luck! In the meantime maybe just cut down on portions till you can get healthier food
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #4  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone.. I will cut down on potions and I am going to cut out pepsi and start drinking water. I do have a question... Is the drinks that you buy to put in bottled water okay..you know the sugar free ones. Or is just palin water better?
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I tell people who don't like plain water to start with the sugar free drinks at first at least- me personally I prefer water- BUT I have had people who drink some of these sugar free drinks say they noticed it does slow down their weightloss.

My friend who didn't like water alone started out with crystal light- then diluted it down and now actually LIKES water

Last edited by beerab; 01-12-2010 at 05:58 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #6  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi Terre! It's great that you have a start date set so that you can mull things over for a bit.

In the meanwhile you can plan new and improved food budget, since buying "healthy" can be expensive (especially if you're like me and the fresh foods end up tossed out, having gone bad in the fridge.)

You can also examine how much money you're saving by not buying cigarettes, and start planning the what awesome stuff you're going to buy with that money instead to reward yourself! Hello spa!!!

Drink sugar-free flavoured water if you enjoy it! We all have to do this our own way!

Good for you for doing this!!!!!!! I wish you all the best!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I find sugar-free soda makes me hungry... so I try to stay away. I like to add just a dash of sugar-free diluting juice ("squash" to you guys?), the thing you were talking about I think, and it makes water much easier to deal with in high volumes.

Oh, and welcome!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #8  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Terre!
Sounds like you're ready to get started with a can-do attitude -the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the 30 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals- here's to a more fabulous you for that graduation,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote