Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #1  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

Default for those that don't weigh in everyday

I try not to weigh myself everyday BUT most of the time I can't resist and I'm weighing 2 or sometimes 3 times a week. Does curiosity every kill you and finally break down and do it? How do you stop yourself from obsessing about the number on the scale? Last week I weighed myself 4 or 5 times and I hate that but I just couldn't help myself!
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

When I star my journey I use to WI every day.... then I found pregro and I WI like 3/2 times a week ... after I have my baby I say to my self just WI 1 a week I did Ok ... but I found I am more like to be on plan when I WI every day . SO right now I am WI every day again.
I hard to not be obssed whit the scale.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #3  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Zephyr, I used to not weigh every day, and sometimes I STILL don't weigh every day...but back when I used to just weigh once a week I wasn't holding myself as accountable. It was like I saw the day right after I weighed in as a free for all, and I would ALWAYS slip up. For me it's better to weigh every day because I know I have to face the scale tomorrow, so I shouldn't slip up today..and honestly, the only time I've ever seen myself gain was when I knew I would...when I was off plan or ate or drank something I shouldn't have and I was expecting to gain weight anyways...

I guess what I'm trying to say is for me, it's not because I'm obsessing over the number, I'm just using the scale as a tool to help me face my own decisions (good OR bad) and to keep myself accountable for those decisions.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I try to stick to a once a week WI. I have on occassion, stepped on the scale once during the middle of the week. I just don't want to see all the ups and downs throughout the week. Well maybe I want to see the downs...but I'm scared if I see any ups, I will get discouraged. I just try to stay OP and not think about the scale until its WI day.
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I used to weigh in several times a day like you. I got over it by putting the scale under my dresser, and pulling it out once a week to weigh in. I literally had to hide the scale, but I'm much happier with once a week WI, less pressure. And I find I'm losing more, because before, I'd use minor fluctuations as an excuse to give up for the day.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #6  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Put it away where you have to go get it to weigh. Out of sight, out of mind. If I have mine sitting out, I am going to get on it. If it is put away, I am good with once a week.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #7  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

I have a hard time not stepping on atleast 3 times a week. I just count my monday weigh in as my real one. I dont see any harm in weighing more than once, just dont let it get you down if the number goes up or doesnt change. Just keep one day your official day and just remember thats the one that counts. I kind of like seeing mid week what im at or closer to monday that way if it goes up I know I need to cut back a little before monday rolls around again!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/159/125

Height: 5'4"

I WI every morning. It actually helps me keep OP. I have to hold myself accountable and one day at a time is best for me. I go to the MediFast center every thurs, so that is the weight that I record. I know this is a little much, but it helps me to stay on tract. I know the weight does not come off on a daily basis (for me anyway), but it helps me not to slip up. I'll take whatever help I can get
Loves2Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

I am type a persanality wise, so weighing myself daily works for me. However, i only " offically" record and change my ticker once a week.I also NEVER weigh myself when its my TOM, as I would go batty seeing the wonky weightgain, as I know its just bloating.
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/236/160

Height: 5' 8"

I only weigh in once a week. This keeps me working harder in my workouts and eating healthy throughout the week because I want that number to DROP! I get discouraged if I weigh in every day and see the scale go up, for any reason. It's kind of like a surprise!
zarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #11  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
Zephyr, I used to not weigh every day, and sometimes I STILL don't weigh every day...but back when I used to just weigh once a week I wasn't holding myself as accountable. It was like I saw the day right after I weighed in as a free for all, and I would ALWAYS slip up. For me it's better to weigh every day because I know I have to face the scale tomorrow, so I shouldn't slip up today..and honestly, the only time I've ever seen myself gain was when I knew I would...when I was off plan or ate or drank something I shouldn't have and I was expecting to gain weight anyways...

I guess what I'm trying to say is for me, it's not because I'm obsessing over the number, I'm just using the scale as a tool to help me face my own decisions (good OR bad) and to keep myself accountable for those decisions.
THIS!!! Also, knowing that I'm going to step on the scale every morning prevents me from stuffing my face at night.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I used to weigh every morning. Then I interned in another state for the summer and didn't have scale access. When I came home I was content to weigh once a week.

Sometimes when I know things are going in the wrong direction, I really have to force myself on there
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #13  
2010 is my year!

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'6

I know my sisters ways herself at the same time every morning but I think i cant only handle about once a week. we'll see.
vontrese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #14  
Started IP 9-2-12

S/C/G: 224/221.8/199 first goal

Height: 5'3"

Well usually curiosity ends up getting the best of me and i get on the scale everday! Usually it just pisses me off though cause i think there is a lot of water flucuation and i can never really tell if im losing or gaining ...so it would be better for me to get on once a week but im way too anxious
dixonschubbymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I am obsessed, too. I believe I gained the weight during a time when I didn't look at the scale at all. Lately I weight myself only once or twice a day, which is getting better. I think if you want to see real progress without feeling disappointment as your weight changes throughout the day then you should weigh yourself once a week.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote