PrairieChick
12-21-2009, 01:28 AM
:welcome:

to

"Crack the Fat Loss Code" and
"Conquer the Fat Loss Code"
Support and Information Weekly Thread
December 21, 2009

This thread is for 3FC Members to come a share how they are doing on Wendy Chant's two programs. Each Thread will start on a Monday and last for just one week.

Crack the Fat Loss Code is Wendy Chant's FIRST book - I recommend that you START with that book first. It will cover the basics of her program to a "T".

Then when you have gone through it, if you want you can get the second book - Conquer the Fat Loss Code. It doesn't cover the basics as well as her first book, this is why I recommend "Crack" first!

Here is some brief information about the program from Wendy Chant -

Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle - Week 1[/b]
Deplete is a serious word for serious business, but that's exactly what you're going to be doing in the first week of your program. I call it your seven-day diet. And that's the only time I use the word diet to refer to my program, and I use it in the strictest sense of the term.

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle - Weeks 2-4 [/b]
After the first week of your program, you will begin your Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to pattern the body for fat loss and slow its adaptive response. This cycle includes three kinds of days:
Baseline days
Carb-down days
Carb-up days (Food Passes)

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle - Weeks 5-6[/b]
Although I rely largely on manipulating carbohydrates to help you teach the body how to use excess fat stores as energy, this is not a high- or low-carb diet. (Actually it is not a diet at all.) This is about fat loss. So for our third cycle, we want to pick up the pace a little and engage in the Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle. Don't worry if it seem familiar; these are basically the same types of days found in Macro-Patterning Cycle, with changes in how they are cycled to provide an increase in the usage of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle Weeks 7-8[/b]
You can't be on a continuous diet. Living ForeverFit is a long term lifestyle, and living on a lifelong diet is not the answer to enjoying life and living well. During the first three cycles, you've been sprinting - running to catch up and teach your body about using fat for energy. But you can't sprint forever.

The fourth cycle, the Maintenance Cycle, is also used for vactions and to aid in setting a new weight set point for the body to learn to maintain. This is the time that the body resets itself back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During the Maintenance Cycle, you will learn how to live forever fit. The beauty of the Maintenance Cycle is that it can last forever.

We add two days to the Maintenance Cycle:
Cheat Day
High-Carb DayIf you would like to go back and read previous weeks of our thread, you can check them out below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/188023-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-december-14-2009-a.html

Once again - Welcome to the Group! :wave:
Feel free to jump right in and join us! :grouphug:

See ya Lighter! :broc:
Kim :comp:

Violet73
12-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey Kim..I made it over here! Thanks! I'm still making my lists! :) I think on my carb-up days I will just add some fruit in cause I love fruit! I also love me some carrots as you can tell :carrot: hehehe! keep on cracking! I just have two weeks before I start this....I'm getting prepared :broc:

Carolis60
12-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Good morning Crackin's,
OK, I'm marking my spot!! Now...if I can find it when I log back on.

Got to tell ya all, I lost 1.5 lbs. Yippee!! Now...the secret is to not let it go back up, right? I'm so excited to be losing. You can't....or maybe you can....imagine losing with the menopause thing still going on. Maybe by summer I'll be able to wear my blouses I bought last year and couldn't button around the spare tire that kept expanding.

Ok, got to head over to the pool. Chat more later.

Time just keeps rolling by, no holding it back. Darn! I need a 24 hour day today, to much to do and not enough time to get it all in.
carol

Violet73
12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Carol....congrats on the 1.5 pounds! :cheer: WTG!!!!!!!

I dont have the menopause thing going yet but I have leftover weight from having to take prednisone for my RA ...ugh! I hope I will be in some smaller clothes by summer....well...wait...I WILL be in smaller clothes by summer! We can do this! :carrot:

I know what you mean about the time! Christmas :tree: is keeping me busy but I love it! Keep cracking!

kellielou
12-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I haven't posted on this site for years! Anyways, I'm on my 3rd week of conquer and I'm kicking butt. My friend introduced me to the book and I'm hooked so far. I'm down 5lbs so far:D

Violet73
12-21-2009, 09:29 PM
WTG Kellie!!! Glad you joined our forum! Keep up the good work! :carrot:

PrairieChick
12-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey Kim..I made it over here! Thanks! I'm still making my lists! :) I think on my carb-up days I will just add some fruit in cause I love fruit! I also love me some carrots as you can tell :carrot: hehehe! keep on cracking! I just have two weeks before I start this....I'm getting prepared :broc:

Sure enough LeslieLue! You can have fruit on Carb-Up days - I know when my first Carb-Up day came - I relished that apple! It was like candy to me!

And Carrots :carrot: GREAT - you can dive into them on Carb-up day too!
:woohoo:

Got to tell ya all, I lost 1.5 lbs. Yippee!!

:woohoo: :woo: :woohoo: Congratulations Carolis60! :hug:

I have leftover weight from having to take prednisone for my RA ...ugh!

I'm in the same boat at you LeslieLue...I had a lot of meds I got off of, nothing life threatening - I feel so much better now, and know that some of the weight I'm loos'n is due to getting off the med's too! :dancer:

I haven't posted on this site for years! Anyways, I'm on my 3rd week of conquer and I'm kicking butt. My friend introduced me to the book and I'm hooked so far. I'm down 5lbs so far:D

:welcome: KellieLou! :woo:
Congratulation on the fantastic weight loss!
GREAT to have ya join us! :woohoo:

Still battling this bronchitis - but hanging in there.... :)

Carolis60
12-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Sure enough LeslieLue! You can have fruit on Carb-Up days - I know when my first Carb-Up day came - I relished that apple! It was like candy to me!

And Carrots :carrot: GREAT - you can dive into them on Carb-up day too!
:woohoo:

:woohoo: :woo: :woohoo: Congratulations Carolis60! :hug:

I'm in the same boat at you LeslieLue...I had a lot of meds I got off of, nothing life threatening - I feel so much better now, and know that some of the weight I'm loos'n is due to getting off the med's too! :dancer:

:welcome: KellieLou! :woo:
Congratulation on the fantastic weight loss!
GREAT to have ya join us! :woohoo:

Still battling this bronchitis - but hanging in there.... :)

Thank you all for the contrats! I love all the little guys jumpig around and celebrating. I still can't believe it. Wendy's program is really working for me!

I expect to slow down losing, but I'd take a pound a week at this point. Just as long as the number goes downward and not up.

Ok, I might need a little help here. I'm doing Christmas Eve this year and wanted to have home made Lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for dinner. I'm adding sweet Italian sausage and lower fat hamburger to my sauce. Using regular Lasagna noodles.

I was thinking of doing deplete tomorrow and Wednesday, then have a Cheat/Carb Up?:stars: day on the 24th. I'll have the Lasagna and salad. Not a problem skipping the bread. Would like to try a small piece of a new recipe I want to try, that's a little like cheese cake but easier to make using crescent rolls. (If I have room for it) I can stay on program for all the meals except dinner and a little dessert, so don't know what to call it.

Then on Christmas day we're going some where else for dinner and it's going to be Prim Rib, mushroom soup with green beans, mixed veggies, and some kind of corn dish. I'm thinking of taking a salad along. Planning on a normal day and having a normal size piece of meat, salad and veggies. Hoping I'm full enough to pass on the pies. Since I have bee good eating my 4-5 times a day with protein, I don't think snacking will be an issue. Have a deplete day on the 26th and go back to the pool for an hour of exercise.

Does any one see anything wrong with my plan? I want to make this work and will have to figure out how to eat on different occasions so I don't have any gains.

I want to get right back into the normal program on the 26th. We don't do much for New Years, we stay home together and watch a little football and snack, but I have some frozen shrimp and I'm making a new recipe for Black Bean hummus. Thought it might be good on cucumbers or toasted EZ bread triangles. My friend says it's delicious.

If anyone sees anything wrong or an improvement, please let me know.

Let's keep on Crackin' ladies. Gotta hit the sack.
Carol

Carolis60
12-22-2009, 03:32 AM
Evening Kim:
Still battling this bronchitis? Hang in there.... :):getwell:

:bday2you:Happy Birthday to you! :bday2you: Here is a :gift: for being so friendly and helpful to every one that crosses your path.

Gosh, it's taken me an hour to post on the three threads I joined. But all the ladies are so nice.

I forwarded your letter to my friend in Louisiana tonight. She signed up and than was lost like I was. I think she'll get the hang of the rest with the help of your letter.

I thought she'd enjoy posting and reading on the Faith Based group. She's going to be called "cajungirl64" if you see here tomorrow. I keep telling her about my friend in Wyoming. Been friends since I was 18, over 42 years.

Well, my eyes are starting to shut, got to hit the sack.

Chat more tomorrow.

Hugs,
Carol Ann

Violet73
12-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Happy Birthday Kim!!!! :woohoo: Hope you have a great bday!! :) Sorry you have been sick....it takes a while to get over bronchitis...that darn cough will hang on forever it seems.

I think your plan sounds good. We do have to enjoy our holidays with our family and going off plan a little wont hurt....You have a great plan for the next day and the week after. As long as you dont get the idea that hey...well I already cheated, I might as well eat bad all week (I have done this in the past) then you will be ok.

You will know after this how your body responds to it. I hope you have a great bday! :)

mofromco
12-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi again Ladies............this is my second sign in, I replied on the other board before I noticed that there was a new weekly thread.......Happy Holidays to all of you.
Maureen

Carolis60
12-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi again Ladies............this is my second sign in, I replied on the other board before I noticed that there was a new weekly thread.......Happy Holidays to all of you.
Maureen

:welcome2: Maureen! Nice to have another Crackin' with us. I keep getting lost, got to remember to come over to the new thread each week.

Doing great on the program, but will not eat so much this holiday. I ate one plate full on Thanksgiving, which I thought was suppose to be OK, and gained 1 1/2 pounds!! Took me a week to get that off. I didn't think I was suppose to gain when the CHEAT day was planned? So this time, I'm watching what goes onto the plate and be more careful.

Carol :broc:

PrairieChick
12-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Does any one see anything wrong with my plan? I want to make this work and will have to figure out how to eat on different occasions so I don't have any gains.

Looks good to me Carol - just do the BEST you can with what days that are being thrown at us. Then, when everything is said and done, get right back on the week you were suppose to be on before all the side tracks! :flow2:

Evening Kim:
Still battling this bronchitis? Hang in there.... :):getwell:

:bday2you:Happy Birthday to you! :bday2you: Here is a :gift: for being so friendly and helpful to every one that crosses your path.

Gosh, it's taken me an hour to post on the three threads I joined. But all the ladies are so nice.

Awwwwwwwww....Thank you Carol for the wonderful Birthday wishes! :hug:
I know what you mean - the threads on 3FC are VERY helpful and it is HARD not to get involved in all of them, that takes time....but well worth it in the support and information you receive from them. :grouphug:
Happy Birthday Kim!!!! :woohoo: Hope you have a great bday!! :) Sorry you have been sick....it takes a while to get over bronchitis...that darn cough will hang on forever it seems.

I think your plan sounds good. We do have to enjoy our holidays with our family and going off plan a little wont hurt....You have a great plan for the next day and the week after. As long as you dont get the idea that hey...well I already cheated, I might as well eat bad all week (I have done this in the past) then you will be ok.

You will know after this how your body responds to it. I hope you have a great bday! :)

:drill: GREAT info and encouragement LeslieLou! :drill:
Thank you for the Birthday wishes too! :hug:

Maureen

:woohoo: you FOUND us! Yep, we will start a NEW thread each monday, I will post the new thread's URL on the last page of the ending week.

Happy Holidays to you too Maureen! :hug:

Well, gon'a sign off now....till later everyone!
Thank you so much for the wonderful Birthday messages!

Violet73
12-22-2009, 01:53 PM
I meant part of my post to go to Carol...about the cheating...I guess you guys can understand my posting errors LOL! I can read typonese just hope you guys can :)

mofromco
12-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Ladies. Ok, so I will check for a fresh thread each week and attempt to stay on here with you all. I am gluten intolerant as well, as I read someone else is too. I hope to post more information and get a little more familiar with things on here after the holidays.
Thanks again for starting this group, I feel like it will be so great to communicate this way.
Be well.
Maureen

PrairieChick
12-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi Ladies. Ok, so I will check for a fresh thread each week and attempt to stay on here with you all. I am gluten intolerant as well, as I read someone else is too. I hope to post more information and get a little more familiar with things on here after the holidays.
Thanks again for starting this group, I feel like it will be so great to communicate this way.
Be well.
Maureen

:grouphug: Maureen :grouphug:

It is great to have you with us! :celebrate:

:woohoo: I'm a Senior Member now with a NEW Signature! :woohoo:

And it came on my Birthday too! :thanks: 3FC's Admin! :hug:

kellielou
12-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Eating is going okay this week so far. I'm not dreading the holiday eating because everyone has been eating pretty healthy in the family and the inlaws are gluten free so I see no major challenges.

Happy Birthday Kim!

Violet73
12-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Maureen...I am the one that thinks she is gluten intolerant :) Have you been diagnosed by a doctor or are you just going by your symptoms? I'm just going by my symptoms right now. Glad to see you part of this group :) :carrot:

mofromco
12-23-2009, 01:47 AM
Hey Maureen...I am the one that thinks she is gluten intolerant :) Have you been diagnosed by a doctor or are you just going by your symptoms? I'm just going by my symptoms right now. Glad to see you part of this group :) :carrot:

Hi LeslieLou.

I was diagnosed two years ago and its changed my life and my health. In the two years off of gluten, my physical body is no where near so bloated, my blood work is back to normal and even low in some ranges, and all that is so different from before when the doctor said I was pre-diabetic, high cholesterol and needed a healthy heart diet. I told my doctor I knew I was being allergic and none of that ran in my family. Surprise, surprise! I am a text book case. :)
I feel so great now. They say it take about two years or more for your body to start working correctly again, as it is an auto immune disease. You can be finger tip tested in blood work for this. But, if you are off gluten, you will show negative. There are many options for gluten free now available, but really, I just stay stay fresh and make my own things rather than buy. Once in awhile I will do breads or pastas but its just fine without it. If its processed I figure we just don't need it in our body.

Take care and feel free to ask. I will help if you can.

Maureen

PrairieChick
12-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Happy Birthday Kim!

Thank you SO much KellieLou!
Just got home from my Birthday dinner. Did some research before going out. Ate at Red Lobster - had the Rainbow Trout (grilled on wood plank) with a side of brocolli and a salad with cucumber and EVOO on top. Did well, only ate one roll. Then my daughter made my favorite birthday cake in those mini bundt pans...German Chocolate. It had one, the was one left over and it is in the freezer for my NEXT cheat day - WAY DOWN THE ROAD!!!!

It was a GREAT birthday, not going to do Carb-down until 12/25 and then really watch it that day too!

When all is said and done, I will do week 3 all over again and pick up with that.

Will sure be glad when I can be done with the holiday eating...really is not a temptation...just don't want to offend people by not partaking in all the sweets this year. I'll have more room for that this time next year!

kellielou
12-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi LeslieLou.

I was diagnosed two years ago and its changed my life and my health. In the two years off of gluten, my physical body is no where near so bloated, my blood work is back to normal and even low in some ranges, and all that is so different from before when the doctor said I was pre-diabetic, high cholesterol and needed a healthy heart diet. I told my doctor I knew I was being allergic and none of that ran in my family. Surprise, surprise! I am a text book case. :) I feel so great now.
Maureen

Maureen, My MIL has celiac disease also and DH is giving her the Crack book (don't know how well this is going to go over but he wants to do it) because he is tired of seeing her continue to go down hill with her weight. She has put on 50lbs in the last year and we're amazed that she does not have diabetes yet. Glad to here that you are doing better.

Kim, great job on the eating out at Red Lobster. It sounds like you really set yourself up for success :) Way to go!

So here is my happy thing to report today. My DH and I have been working out at the YMCA for over a year now. We've seen some results but with Wendy's program, I have to say that it has challenged my comfort zone for the better. We were doing full body here and there but then I took a class and learned how to design my workouts and it helped a ton too. We're doing full body 3x a week, adding in the HIIT and the EPOC. I never dreamed that I would EVER run in my life so after thinking about it, I knew I couls run 1 lap and walk 1 so I'm really enjoying my success so far. After new years, I'm going to kick it up a notch. A woman came over to me today and noted how well I am looking lately and she was impressed that I am taking up running. An encouragement statemet goes a long way and it was good to hear some feedback. Woot! Woot! :carrot: You all have a terrific healthy day :)

Violet73
12-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Maureen, I am glad you feel so much better! Congrats on your blood work!

Kim, great job on your bday dinner! You have really set yourself up for a healthier life! :woohoo:

Kellie, congrats on your new adventure with running! Thats so great that your DH goes with you and you work out together :)

Violet73
12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey Kim! I see you are now a senior member! I love your weight loss ticker! :) :woohoo: :carrot:

PrairieChick
12-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Kim, great job on your bday dinner! You have really set yourself up for a healthier life! :woohoo:

Kim, great job on the eating out at Red Lobster. It sounds like you really set yourself up for success :) Way to go!

After new years, I'm going to kick it up a notch. A woman came over to me today and noted how well I am looking lately and she was impressed that I am taking up running. An encouragement statemet goes a long way and it was good to hear some feedback. Woot! Woot! :carrot: You all have a terrific healthy day :)

Thank you SO much! There are TOO many special meals coming up, so I wanted to be a GOOD girl :flow2: It felt good and I was pleasantly full too! ;)

Yep, the first of the year I'm going to kick it up a notch too! :woops::running::ebike::trampo::swim: And then in the spring even another notch! :woohoo:

It is so GOOD to get a compliment - especially when someone out of the blue notices your progress - I am SO thrilled for ya! :bravo:

Hey Kim! I see you are now a senior member! I love your weight loss ticker! :) :woohoo: :carrot:

Thank YOU! I got that on my Birthday from 3FC's! It just happened to be my 20 days too! :cp:

Had a bit of a scare this morning - my computer was shutting down on me. Thought I would have to take it to the shop :yikes: turns out it was not getting air from the herd of.....

http://www.nrdc.org/onearth/03win/images/livgreen1.jpg

They are gone - and I'm up and running again! :woohoo:

Violet73
12-23-2009, 07:34 PM
hahahaa....you are hilarious! :D those darn dust bunnies lol

BTW...is this your laptop? My laptop died on me and I can't get it to turn on....wonder if its due to the dust bunnies and how would I know if it was? I'm not that computer smart :p

PrairieChick
12-23-2009, 08:55 PM
hahahaa....you are hilarious! :D those darn dust bunnies lol

BTW...is this your laptop? My laptop died on me and I can't get it to turn on....wonder if its due to the dust bunnies and how would I know if it was? I'm not that computer smart :p

No, I don't have a laptop - would love one! I don't know if the dust bunnies can get into one of them???? But you DO have to be careful of overheating with your laptop.

This is my Desk Top - my ONLY :yikes: computer. It just couldn't get any air, all them bunnies were fighting to get into the box and was not letting any air in, my computer was over heating and shutting down! Learn something new every day!

See, you CAN teach an "old" chick NEW tricks! :rofl: :lol3: :rofl:

Violet73
12-24-2009, 09:31 AM
LOL! well, I'm glad you got it fixed! :) I think my laptop died cause it was an el cheapo..... I really want a netbook just to have to play on.....I like the size of them and the price! It will have to wait awhile though!

I hope everyone is gonna have a great Christmas Eve! My daughter is SO excited! She has been counting down the days! :)

PrairieChick
12-24-2009, 02:14 PM
LOL! well, I'm glad you got it fixed! :) I think my laptop died cause it was an el cheapo..... I really want a netbook just to have to play on.....I like the size of them and the price! It will have to wait awhile though!

I hope everyone is gonna have a great Christmas Eve! My daughter is SO excited! She has been counting down the days! :)

Yep! A netbook would be a perfect "second" computer for me! I like the size too and the price is fantastic if you shop around.

Children at Christmas are a HOOT! I just love it! :present:

:snow4:

:candy: Merry Christmas EVE! :candy:

PrairieChick
12-26-2009, 06:26 PM
OK, an update for you all....
I won't get into the "gory" details, but I KNOW for a fact, it is not good to just jump right in and eat on a "cheat day".

I came home SO SICK!!! :faint:
Still not up to par today - really it was not worth it....should have behaved myself :chin:

Having a quiet day today - watching the drifts grow over our fences....living on the prairie is surely a different experience - but I L♥V it! ;)

Have a GREAT day everyone! :grouphug:

Carolis60
12-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Hi LeslieLou.

I was diagnosed two years ago and its changed my life and my health. In the two years off of gluten, my physical body is no where near so bloated, my blood work is back to normal and even low in some ranges, and all that is so different from before when the doctor said I was pre-diabetic, high cholesterol and needed a healthy heart diet. I told my doctor I knew I was being allergic and none of that ran in my family. Surprise, surprise! I am a text book case. :)
I feel so great now. They say it take about two years or more for your body to start working correctly again, as it is an auto immune disease. You can be finger tip tested in blood work for this. But, if you are off gluten, you will show negative. There are many options for gluten free now available, but really, I just stay stay fresh and make my own things rather than buy. Once in awhile I will do breads or pastas but its just fine without it. If its processed I figure we just don't need it in our body.

Take care and feel free to ask. I will help if you can.

Maureen

Hello LelsieLou & Maureen,

Nice to meet you ladies, I've been so busy this week I haven had time to post. :dizzy: I've only read the posts.

Think I saw a few new names. :welcome2: newbies!!

I've been trying to finish up 4 ornaments for our grand daughters this week. Hoping to give them to them by the time they pack everything away for next year. :rofl: I hated missing....would have been the first time in 20 years not giving them a ornament that I painted. I know they're late, but the youngest are 13 (twins) and they all understand grandma gets kinda crazy around the holidays with friends wanting ornaments at the last minute. I'm going to paint the girls first this year and have them ready to go. Think I learned my lesson.

I haven't been tested for gluten allergies, but am going to ask the dr for the test this month. I just know when I eat any kind of white bread, or french bread, or even whole wheat, I get bloated. Have a lot of gas. When I went on the LCarb woe for 5 years and ate not bread and almost no fruit, I felt fantastic and had no bloating. I learn so much on this forum! I haven't noticed that with the EZ bread and it's gluten free.

Trying to get through the weekend and not snack on what I shouldn't. Just the little bit of sugar I had yesterday makes me want more today. :club: It's better tonight than it was today. I had to pull out my :dust: today to keep me on the straight and narrow. Had to do a lot of talking to myself. It was cold here (nothing like you girls are having on the other side of the US), but still cold to us, and I was drinking to much coffee and not getting in my water, so I started drinking hot water. Got in 80 oz today. :cheer2:

I made taco salad and broccoli for dinner and I cooked 3 shells for my dh tonight. I asked him if he would like some broccoli and he turned me down! :D Feels good to get back to good eating again.

I really haven't eaten off the program that much, but any thing different seems like I'm messing up. Plus I had the cravings today.

Finally got rid of the "poor me, pity party blues", and now I don't feel so bad about not baking anything this year. I probably would have eaten it anyway and I'm really doing great. Pants are getting loser and that's what I wanted when I started Wendy's program. Still have 3 weeks to go to make the eight weeks. I promised myself I'd do this challenge for the 8 weeks and see what happened. But plan on continuing with it....I feel to good to stop eating this way. Feel great not eating the carbs in the afternoon and evening.

My dh is eating pretty much just like me, (to help me so I don't have to make two meals) but he throws in a few extra carbs, but not at night any more. He has lost about 7 pounds too. He had to move his belt up one hole.

Nice to see most had a wonderful Christmas even if they were snowed in and some were having crazy snowfalls.

Everyone have a restful and relaxing Sunday!

Keep on Crackin' :broc:

Carol

kellielou
12-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Carol, I know what you mean about the sugar. Yesterday was the first day that I had some chocolate in a month and it was like...whoa.

Kim-Hope you are feeling better!

Leslielou-Netbooks are awesome. The internet has a whole bunch of them cheaper than the stores. Hit up some websites for some good deals :)

I had a lot of cravings yesterday and since it was my carb up day...well, I went overboard so it was a nice learning lesson. I can carb up but do it in a better controlled way. I still go to WW meetings for support and motivation and found that I am down 7lbs since 11.30.09! Love seeing that scale move down :)

Violet73
12-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Kim...hope you feel better!

Carol...wow...I would love to see a pic sometime of the ornaments you paint :)

Kellie...wtg on 7 pounds in a month! :woohoo:

PrairieChick
12-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Carolis60 - I don't know what it means, or how it might be different - but EZ bread has Organic Wheat Gluten :chin:

Yep, I have to STAY AWAY :club: from the sweets :cry: I'm just not strong enough, or have it enough out of my system to be able to handle it. :devil: I really think that is what made me so sick Christmas day...just went overboard - the will power went out the window and I really paid for it when I got home. I learned THAT lesson really good. I'm going to do week 3 all over again starting tomorrow (Monday) and :drill: STAY :drill: on program through the New Year's Celebration.

I know I have gained weight, but it has been a lesson well learned. :flow2:

:bravo: On your clothes being looser! :woohoo: and your DH's progress too!

Kellielou - :thanks: I really think that I can get back into the swing of things again tomorrow! Look out step'r - here I come! :tantrum: I'm like you, it was a learning lesson, all this Holiday eating. Can't believe I use to just pack it away and not even think about it - I see how I got in the shape I'm in today! :yikes:

:congrat:on the :goodscale:woohoo:

LeslieLou - :thanks: I really appreciate you all look'n after me while I've been sick - you are SO SPECIAL! :grouphug:

Now, I'm off to do my planning for the week - digging out my journal sheets, labeling them for the days and plan out some evening meals! :book2:

Tomorrow is weigh in :goodscale:, I really don't care what the number will be, cuz it is go'n to be a new week, new plans and new opportunity to do better! :cheer:

Violet73
12-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Kim...Its so hard to stick with a diet during the holidays. Even if the scale doesnt show weight loss or maybe if it shows a weight gain...you can get back on track! Your little chick on your ticker will reach 140! I believe it! :)

PrairieChick
12-27-2009, 10:26 PM
LeslieLou - :thanks: so much! You are such a wonderful encouragement to me! :hug:

OK everyone!
:club: :drill: I'm closing this thread for the week! :drill: :club:

Here is a link to the NEW thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/188819-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-december-28-2009-a.html#post3060698

:woohoo: New Week - NEW START! :woohoo: