Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default I think our lives revolve around weight training.

I bought a $40 used crib (yes, I checked it to make sure it was safe!) and spent $2000 on another Olympic weight lifting set. Actually, it was dad who did the purchase. We're putting the crib in our walk-in closet so we can keep the 2nd bedroom as a gym (we are moving to a house next year and will have a real bedroom for the baby!).

I dunno, a lot of girls think I am crazy. Personally, I'd rather model a healthy lifestyle and teach them young that weight training and fitness is an important aspect of life. Haha.

I guess it is no different than a biker mom or a hardcore avon selling mom - we just have different vices.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #2  
Workin' It

I see no problem with that.

That is cool that you are going to be moving to a house next year. The baby won't need a lot of space for a few years, but you will appreciate the extra room by about 2. We were in a rental with limited space, moved to our house when DSS was just over 2.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds good to me.

So important to hang on to one's sense of self among the swirling clouds of other people's views of motherhood and fatherhood. (Er ... Don't get me started about societal pressure.)
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #4  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I don't know, seems normal to me. You're likely going to use the weights for a longer period of time than the crib.

(Of course I miss our old house because it had more room for equipment.)
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

The baby won't care where he/she sleeps for quite some time. But you'll want all the equipment available to use when you have time. Makes perfect sense to me.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #6  
No description available.

We never actually used a crib 'round here. Could you get the $40 back and put it toward some kettlebells?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 AM   #7  
Mel

:d
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #8  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

It makes absolute sense Sacha. This year DH and I decided to gift ourselves a squat/power cage for Christmas. We'll have to purge lot of stuff in the house and especially in the garage to make room for it and the thought of cleaning just makes me . I hope this will be a good investment for us. And, I agree, I'd rather also model a healthy lifestyle to our future child.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #9  

There is a practical side to this: You and the baby might prefer baby to be in your dressingroom actually.

I had to feed my babies in the night (DS 1 feed per night for 12 months, DD started on 2 nightly feeds and had 1 feed from 9 to 15 months), and I had them in bed with me so I could breastfeed and sleep on. Also the smell of mum around is very calming and reassuring for the baby. I moved the baby into the crib when it was big enough to sleep through the night.

You 'll find that all the world and their mother will have advice on how to handle your baby. You can take it or leave it as you please, it is after all about what works for you and for the baby.

Last edited by 4rabbit; 11-24-2009 at 11:21 AM.
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #10  
Working My Way Back Down

Good advice Rabbit. (Love the world and its mother ). Amazing to me how people who can't arrange their own lives think it's okay to give you advice on how to run yours.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #11  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Hahaha, I love it

I think you'll get much more use out of your weights than your child would get from a shiny, expensive new crib. Go for what counts!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote