Old 10-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Surprises: The Good Kind

This is a thread for those fabulous things that surprise you and make you happy. Here's your chance to gloat!

Maybe you ate something you shouldn't have yesterday, but lost a pound anyhow (yay!) or you surprised yourself when someone offered you junk food and you turned it down without even a smidge of doubt (Yay!), or MAYBE someone took a picture of you, and you were pleasantly surprised at how good you looked (YAY!). Or maybe it's not even weight-loss related! Maybe someone else surprised you by doing something nice, and you feel fabulous as a result?!

Let's hear it for nice surprises, ladies!

My own is a picture.... one of my guy friends took a candid of me while I was talking to my buddy.... and I can't believe how little I look! I felt chunky all that day, and... looking at that picture, I can't help but think I must be completely delusional!

Let's hear about those things that are making you happy today!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 120

Height: 5'2"

Wow you're tiny!

This wasn't yesterday, it was actually a few days ago, but I was on a hike with some strangers, and one of the guys was pretending to be a pansy and didn't want to walk across some mud. I offered to carry him, and he was like "No, I'll crush you! What do you weigh, like 95 pounds?"

I was very surprised, it wasn't even sarcastic! I've never been the "small" one. It pretty much made my day.
peccavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #3  

Today my husband and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary. It might not be a scale victory, but I'm happy that we have made it this far (almost effortlessly!), and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/183/165

Height: 5'10

Jelbb.... delusion indeed! You look bloody AMAZING chickie!!! Holy cow!

My surprise? I've been living in a dormitory for almost a year, without a full length mirror. I've also been feeling a little out of sorts lately. But, today at the gym I caught a glimpse of myself in a pair of pants that I've just bought (aka a pair that fits!) and a t-shirt that I found in my closet and discovered fit me again. And I was stunned. It was probably the first time that I actually saw how much smaller I am now. Apparently, wearing clothes from 60+pounds ago doesn't do me any favours! lol! Surprise!
funnycanadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #5  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I've been struggling to get past 188 since my elliptical broke. I got down to 188 while it was working, then thanksgiving happened for us canadians and then I got sick, went right back up to where I started. I got back down to 188 to have my elliptical break

I tried a friends wii fit and loved it, we played it for hours, then two days after that I casually mentioned to my boyfriend I had some extra money laying around to get something new to work out with, and he had extra money as well.. so we bought one yesterday! I played it last night, and now I'm under 188 from those two work outs I can't to see how much more I can do!

Very nice surprise! And you look great! That's where I want to be myself, back down to that weight.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #6  

I lost 3 pounds this past week! After struggling with a plateau for months.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5'11

Wow Jelbb you little hotty! Im totally jealous that I don't have anything to add to this thread.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Today at work I was wearing just basic black sweat pants and a sweater (feeling really slouchy and comfy) and my boss...owner of daycare was visiting (she owns many so i might see her once a week) and she complimented me...saying "Angela I really gotta say how great you look...what a fabulous job you've done with yourself...you look so healthy and you're glowing" My response was " gosh i have a few lbs on and I feel so slobbish" Then I realized just because I am up a few lbs...(which could possibly be muscle..we hope) doesn't mean that I don't look great.

I was just surprised that I looked 'great' to someone even though I was in my comfy sweats.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #9  
sugar is the devil

I had to renew my driver's license last week. Well, I walked out thinking that "man, that's going to be one horrible picture". I received it in the mail yesterday and.... it turned out really really good! I'm so happy - considering I have to carry it around for 5 years
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #10  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I have already posted this picture(twice) but I can't stop smiling at it so will post it again as it makes me do a happy dance

Its the first picture I have seen of me that makes me look not fat. It was taken a couple of weeks ago at a party and I just got sent it. In it I weight about 160lbs and have lost just over 40lbs.

Jelbb, welcome back. I haven't seen you in a while and wondered where you had gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg titled 3fc pic me.jpg (21.7 KB, 14 views)
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

These were pictures taken of me camping mid-September. I didn't realize my waist actually curved in like that. Woohoo! I'm up 6 pounds over the last month (stupid work and school) and I've been feeling really down about it, but these pictures definitely helped. It's not as bad as I thought.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hiking.jpg (32.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg tent.jpg (26.8 KB, 35 views)
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/211

Height: 5'8"

I thought that I ate really badly all last week. TOM was upon me and that always makes me crave greasy fatty foods. So I was really surprised when I stepped on the scale on Monday morning and had lost 4 pounds that week! I couldn't beleive it. Maybe fatty foods are the key??? Hmmmm...
jcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote