3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Surprises: The Good Kind (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/184727-surprises-good-kind.html)

Jelbb 10-21-2009 09:28 AM

Surprises: The Good Kind

This is a thread for those fabulous things that surprise you and make you happy. Here's your chance to gloat!

Maybe you ate something you shouldn't have yesterday, but lost a pound anyhow (yay!) or you surprised yourself when someone offered you junk food and you turned it down without even a smidge of doubt (Yay!), or MAYBE someone took a picture of you, and you were pleasantly surprised at how good you looked (YAY!). Or maybe it's not even weight-loss related! Maybe someone else surprised you by doing something nice, and you feel fabulous as a result?!

Let's hear it for nice surprises, ladies!

My own is a picture.... one of my guy friends took a candid of me while I was talking to my buddy.... and I can't believe how little I look! I felt chunky all that day, and... looking at that picture, I can't help but think I must be completely delusional! :o

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2709781_n.jpg

Let's hear about those things that are making you happy today!

peccavi 10-21-2009 10:06 AM

Wow you're tiny!

This wasn't yesterday, it was actually a few days ago, but I was on a hike with some strangers, and one of the guys was pretending to be a pansy and didn't want to walk across some mud. I offered to carry him, and he was like "No, I'll crush you! What do you weigh, like 95 pounds?"

I was very surprised, it wasn't even sarcastic! I've never been the "small" one. It pretty much made my day.

kaybelle9 10-21-2009 10:15 AM

Today my husband and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary. It might not be a scale victory, but I'm happy that we have made it this far (almost effortlessly!), and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him.

funnycanadiangirl 10-21-2009 10:31 AM

Jelbb.... delusion indeed! You look bloody AMAZING chickie!!! Holy cow!

My surprise? I've been living in a dormitory for almost a year, without a full length mirror. I've also been feeling a little out of sorts lately. But, today at the gym I caught a glimpse of myself in a pair of pants that I've just bought (aka a pair that fits!) and a t-shirt that I found in my closet and discovered fit me again. And I was stunned. It was probably the first time that I actually saw how much smaller I am now. Apparently, wearing clothes from 60+pounds ago doesn't do me any favours! lol! Surprise!

StephanieM 10-21-2009 10:38 AM

I've been struggling to get past 188 since my elliptical broke. I got down to 188 while it was working, then thanksgiving happened for us canadians and then I got sick, went right back up to where I started. I got back down to 188 to have my elliptical break :(

I tried a friends wii fit and loved it, we played it for hours, then two days after that I casually mentioned to my boyfriend I had some extra money laying around to get something new to work out with, and he had extra money as well.. so we bought one yesterday! I played it last night, and now I'm under 188 from those two work outs :) I can't to see how much more I can do!

Very nice surprise! And you look great! That's where I want to be myself, back down to that weight.

tiffany0809 10-21-2009 11:18 AM

I lost 3 pounds this past week! After struggling with a plateau for months. :)

PammyFl 10-21-2009 11:53 AM

Wow Jelbb you little hotty! Im totally jealous that I don't have anything to add to this thread. :(

angelanicole23 10-21-2009 03:59 PM

Today at work I was wearing just basic black sweat pants and a sweater (feeling really slouchy and comfy) and my boss...owner of daycare was visiting (she owns many so i might see her once a week) and she complimented me...saying "Angela I really gotta say how great you look...what a fabulous job you've done with yourself...you look so healthy and you're glowing" My response was " gosh i have a few lbs on and I feel so slobbish" Then I realized just because I am up a few lbs...(which could possibly be muscle..we hope) doesn't mean that I don't look great.

I was just surprised that I looked 'great' to someone even though I was in my comfy sweats.

SweetScrumptious 10-21-2009 06:30 PM

I had to renew my driver's license last week. Well, I walked out thinking that "man, that's going to be one horrible picture". I received it in the mail yesterday and.... it turned out really really good! I'm so happy - considering I have to carry it around for 5 years :)

irishkatt 10-21-2009 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have already posted this picture(twice) but I can't stop smiling at it so will post it again as it makes me do a happy dance :carrot:

Its the first picture I have seen of me that makes me look not fat. It was taken a couple of weeks ago at a party and I just got sent it. In it I weight about 160lbs and have lost just over 40lbs.

Jelbb, welcome back. I haven't seen you in a while and wondered where you had gone.

spikedpunch 10-21-2009 08:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These were pictures taken of me camping mid-September. I didn't realize my waist actually curved in like that. Woohoo! I'm up 6 pounds over the last month (stupid work and school) and I've been feeling really down about it, but these pictures definitely helped. It's not as bad as I thought.

jcourtney 10-22-2009 04:55 PM

I thought that I ate really badly all last week. TOM was upon me and that always makes me crave greasy fatty foods. So I was really surprised when I stepped on the scale on Monday morning and had lost 4 pounds that week! I couldn't beleive it. Maybe fatty foods are the key??? Hmmmm...