30-Somethings - Week of July 14th!!!!!

View Full Version : Week of July 14th!!!!!

RoadRunner
07-14-2002, 07:47 AM
Good Morning!!!!I am up early cuz I wake up soo early 5 days a week that 6am is late!!!:dizzy:
Having a good weekend of doing nothing!!!Have accomplished nothing, cleaned up nothing and today sitting around doing nothing!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!!
RR

Ms24Gal
07-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Hi! I'm new to the board and just wanted to say hello. I'm 33 recently diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Let's just say this news is a real eye opener. I knew I was overeweight and have been trying to do something about it. Now I'm going to try a little harder. The dr. scale had me weighing in at 174, but my scale has me weighing 10 lbs lighter. And I know being under 5' I shouldn't weigh this much, so I'm hoping to start losing and keeping it off ;)

So hopefully if I keep reading your posts and hearing how others are losing...I will too. :D :wave:

RoadRunner
07-14-2002, 10:36 AM
WElcome Ms24!!!!Please post and get to know everyone!!!RU on any meds for the diabetes or is it diet controlled at this point???
We are all on different diets, but many have lost through WW point system...I am currently 17w5d pg and still follow the diet but have added about 300-500 calories to my daily intake...
Nice to have an addition to the "family"!!!!!!!
RR

Sinnrah
07-14-2002, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Welcom Ms24. I am sinnrah...I just turned 31 and married w/ no kids. :) Well maybe. lol My dad was just diagnoses with diabetes. And it has been really hard for him to find food to eat. He is on medication. But he is stubborn sometimes. and eats things he should not eat.

Congratulations Roadrunner on the pg.....:)

Sinnrah ;)

LBH
07-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi All,

Welcome Ms24! Glad to have you with us. Have you decided on a weight loss plan, or has your doctor given you a plan to follow? I have been following WW, but not very faithfully lately. I'm 13w3d pregnant and just trying to stay on track.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

RoadRunner
07-15-2002, 07:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!!I am on the later shift today since SD#2 has her speech therapy!!It was nice to sleep until 6am....
Have a great day!!!!
RR

Juldiet
07-15-2002, 08:58 AM
Welcome MS24!!

Sinn, its a good thing I usually travel with my husband. I do so much better on my diet when he is around. He's been gone since wednesday and I've done nothing but watch movies and eat. Oh, I have taken a few walks and I did mow the yard (takes 2 hrs), and I did deep clean our bedroom and office but otherwise I have had more snacks (and pizza) than I should.

As a side note the show in KY was a mess. It rained all day friday and saturday so the people didn't come out. Those dedicated show attenders that did come did buy so it wasn't a total washout. Pack up was a mess I hear - the mud was deep. Took my DH 4 hrs to get out and there were still people trying to get their trucks to their booths without getting stuck. Hmmmm, rather glad I missed this one. We did have some sad news - found out that a potter friend of ours was killed recently in a wreck with a drunken semi driver. Tom is missed on the show circuit.

A friend is coming over to pick me and the boys up for a few hours. I've got errands to do in town and we need to stay away from the house a few hours while the 'bug guy' is here spraying and bombing the house. I killed two brown recluse spiders the other night (very common poisonous spiders in this area of the state). Yuck! and Yikes!

- jul (who doesn't want to weigh after all I've eatten this weekend)

Rabbit
07-15-2002, 09:00 AM
Hi all - just a quick note - I am back, but babysitting for my 6 & 7 year old nephew & niece for a week - so probably won't be checking in much. Hope all is well! Welcome to the newbies.:)

Rabbit

Sinnrah
07-15-2002, 09:29 AM
Hi All,

Jul- I wish I could travel with him. LOL But I think that would not be allowed with the Navy.

But I dropped him off today. And he should be back at the end of July. Only two weeks. I feel redundant. I know I have said this here and in other post.

So I wont ramble about that. I do already miss him though.

Rabbit- thanks for the welcome. Have fun babysitting. I wish I could babysit my nephew. but he is in Tn.

Okay everyone..just wanted to check in.

Sinnrah :)

LBH
07-16-2002, 07:47 AM
Good Morning All!

Don't have much to say, just wanted to pop in and say Hi! :D Hope everyone's keeping cool, dry, and OP! Have a great day!

elisa822
07-16-2002, 08:15 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm also just popping in for a quick hello. We move into our new house on Thursday so I'm at work today and then off for the rest of the week. Don't know when we'll have the computer set up at home so I'm not sure when I'll be back but knowing my husband he won't survive too long without the computer! My apartment is a mess with boxes but I think we're just about ready to go. We've got the house painted where we needed too and we've acutally already brought over most of our clothes and the kitchen stuff so that should help a bit on moving day. I haven't been able to cook for the past few days so there's been a lot of fast food but I'm still holding on okay to the barely under 150 category! :) I'm still being really good during the day and splurging a bit at night so it's not too bad. By the weekend or Monday I should be able to cook again - I hope! Wish me luck!!

Welcome to MS24 - drop in anytime and let us know how you're doing. My husband and I informally follow WW - which means we count our points but don't go to meetings. It's worked really well for us. It gives us the flexibility we need to feel like we're not "dieting".

Sinnrah - Hope you're doing okay without your husband around. It must be hard.

Hope everyone's doing well and staying - it's been such a hot summer here but I can't complain.

Have a great day,
Elisa

BaileySG
07-16-2002, 11:31 AM
Hello all! Not too much to report - although it is amazing that one could actually maintain at 150 on a diet of brownies and coke, but it is working!

Elisa - thanks for your words of support - I will get through this and hopefully get back on the losing track again. Doesn't 139 sound nice? Maybe we can go there together this fall. OMG - Thursday??? If I lived closer, I would stop by with a 6 pack and some big burly men. From here, all I can do is wish you well. Let us know how it goes!

RR&Lauren: It is so exciting to hear you guys talking. My nephew just turned 2 and his mommy (my sister) is expecting on Nov 8th. I don't think he really comprehends what that means - talk about life altering!

Lauren: The job in CA is for a toy company. It they are starting a usability research lab and need someone to head it up. I have always said that my dream job would be to work for this company doing usability testing and research.....Have been reading their job postings for a couple years. Nothing in research for all that time. Then in June they posted this add. So, I applied and my friend's friend who used to work there forwarded my stuff to the woman in charge of hiring for the position and my other friend got my stuff to the VP of sales and my Other friend got it to several of the producers - but I have heard nothing. Then, they posted the job again next week. I am thinking of just starting an all-out email attack - maybe then they would at least tell me to #$%& off rather than just not acknowledging my application :devil: But seriously, I have no idea if I am just not what they are looking for, or if they have not really started the review process yet (According to this guy, they only finalized plans to start the usability and research lab in mid May)

Tech: YEAY on all the losses! I am so excited for you. I do realize we all goe through cycles on this weight loss journey and I am making it through my down time. So great to see you on such a losing roll!

Rabbit: Enjoy those kits while you have them.

Jul: Yuck! Like spiders aren't bad enough - do they really have to come in poisonous variety's? Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sinnrah - Welcome! Sorry to hear that your husband travels so much - hopefully we will be able to help keep you company

MS24Gal - Welcome also! Sorry to hear about the diabetis, cholesterol and blood pressure. When did you find all of this out? Please feel free to come here and get whatever type of support you need as you learn to manage these conditions. You can do it!!!!

Thats it - have a great day! I am going to try to plan a new goal and then edit my signature line:o

elisa822
07-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Bailey - nice to see you back! I wouldn't mind a diet of brownies and coke if I got to maintain!! If you just added pizza I would think I was in heaven! I'd love to join you in the 130's very soon. And wish I could take you up on your offer of beer and burly men :)!

BaileySG
07-16-2002, 02:17 PM
mmmmmm.....pizza, beer and burly men - sounds great!

A quick question for anyone who knows - I am trying to edit my food journal, but I can't. Can we still edit posts?

LBH
07-16-2002, 02:48 PM
Hmm, what kind of error are you getting Bailey? This may sound dumb, but did you type in your ID and p/w?

RoadRunner
07-16-2002, 03:15 PM
Men and Big Burly men???Hmmmmm...would they like a rounded tummy woman???:lol: :lol: Ya'll are too much!!!!

Bailey--Hello!!!!

Elise-Yeah for the moving in!!!!
Well off to the OB for a check up!!!!
RR

elisa822
07-16-2002, 03:49 PM
Bailey - I tried to edit my own post and it worked and so I tried to edit someone else's just as a test and I got the error that I was not logged in or did not have permission to edit that post - which makes sense. strange - give it a try again I'd say and see what the error says.

CrochetLegacy
07-16-2002, 05:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am sorry I havent gotten back to you since that first post last week! My hubby has been home on sabbatical and last week was his last full week home. He goes back to work tomorrow. (8.5 weeks off - PAID) Man am I ready for that!

Needless to say, I wasnt able to post much due to the fact he decided to do a TON of stuff including almost completely redoing the front yard landscaping! Not that I am complaining.. but sheesh.. I never even got close to the computer!

But I am starting again tomorrow morning. I will get up when he does and jump on the scale then the treadmill while he is in the shower! I promise to check in with a longer post so you all can learn a bit about me!

Hugs to everyone!

Backfor 2002
07-16-2002, 10:31 PM
Hey all,

I am back from the missing or should I say back from wedding hoopla. Our best friends got married on Saturday and it has been one thing after another since the 4th of July. We have had a lot of out of town guests and wedding parties.

I have missed you all! I see we have several new ppl added to the group. WELCOME!

I am not going to go back and try to respond to all the posts so I will just start from here.

I have missed you all.

Sinnrah
07-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Hi All,

It is a late night for me. But last night was worse. Was up until 3am. Had to go and buy some sleep aid. I hate my hubby being gone.

But I am hanging in there. Thank You Everyone for the support.

You all have made me feel very welcome.

Okay....going to try and get some shut eye.

Will check in tomorrow.

:wave:
Sinnrah

BaileySG
07-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys! Don't know why I couldn't edit from work, but I got in from home. Maybe because we have Mac's at work?....

RoadRunner
07-17-2002, 05:09 AM
Good Morning!!!
Welcome back Karen from the land of yardwork!!!
WEll, my posts are soo opposite of everyone..I went for my 18week check up and I have gained 3 lbs total...I am excited..I eat everything good and really want to control the gain...I will know the sex of this little one on Aug 13th...Cant wait!!!

Helllo to all..Have a great day!!!Off to work!!!
Vicki

Greekgirl
07-17-2002, 06:39 AM
Hi everyone!

it's been a quiet week for me. As i am not taking full vacation but splitting them up (mo-tu off so hat makes 4 day weekends), I'm not at the office much. Still got the e-mailing problem so I have to be "discreet". Two of my three sisters have come over for the holidays from the Netherlands, so this weekend was a scream: we have a small appartment at a seaside resort near Athens (about 55 miles), so when we arrived we started cleaning a year's debris. One of our two balconies was so full off dove **** (excuse me, but that's what it was), I had to scrape it off (wearing bikini and bandana over my mouth, the stuffs poisonous!) with a pen-knife with the temperature up in the 100eds: talk about vacation... Anyway, we had a scream about it afterwards (on the beach), and then all this other family from the Netherlands turned up, including some small nephews and nieces I'd never seen before, but it really clicked so we had lots of fun. Went for drinks with all the ladies afterwards, some of whom, because of Dh's and kids hadn't been out for a long long time.
came home 01.15 last night (this is not particularly late for Greece, mind), but BF wasn't home yet either, he came about 20 min later, so we talked some and then I went to bed (finally). I think I have lost about 3 pounds up to now, despite the drinks now and then but am doing it slow anyway so that's fine. Work-out is also great, am keeping up (even at home - did my dumbell xcersizes in the frizzlin' heat), also swimming a lot (figures).

Hi to everyone that's new or back from gone,

Love to all,

Greekgirl

LBH
07-17-2002, 07:33 AM
Hi All,

It's great to see everyone back posting again, had a couple slow days there!!

GG- Yuck, clean bird poop is not my idea of fun! Good for you exercising though!!

RR- Glad everything went soo well!!

Bailey- Glad the computer's working for you...it probably is a Mac thing.

Sinnrah- Hope you get some better sleep tonight. Maybe try exercising before bed? That may make you tired.

Nanci- Glad to see you back! You have been busy, hope things slow down a bit for you.

Crochet- Good to see you back! Hey, at least you've got landscaping now, right? Now you have more time to spend here!! :lol:

I'm slacking today...yeah, what else is new...emailed my recruiter yesterday to find out what my chances are for getting a new job, and getting benefits...she hasn't answered me yet, but she thinks I'm nuts. Have any of you heard of the site www.careersfromhome.com? It seems legit, but I don't want to pay $35. to find job postings unless I know it's really gonna be worth it. They do list the companies they work with and they list some job descriptions too.

Oh well, gotta jump in the shower. Have a great day all!!

CrochetLegacy
07-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone!

So far I am having a GREAT day!

I got up at 6 and weighed in for my starting weight. UGH! 195. but I know now how bad things are. In Jan of 2000 I was 169.. so that is 26 pounds gained in 2.5 years.

After I weighed in, I got dressed, grabbed a bottle of water and hopped on the tread mill! I want to get back into my running routine so I am following the Runner's world recommended start up again. So for the next 8 days I walk!

After my walk I felt so good! I already have 3 glasses of water in and am showered and ready for the day! I am eating my oatmeal and banana breakfast as we speak!

Just a little background on me, I am a 35 year old SAHM of 2 kids Tyler(almost 6 with 4 loose teeth!) and Cassie (4). I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. in Feb of 1999 I started WW at Home program at my all time High weight of 225. That year I lost 56 pounds with the help and support of the gals on the WWathome board here at 3FC.

Then we made a move from CA to WA in 2000. All my hard work went out the window! Well, not all of it.. just some of it. But I am not daunted because I know that I will have to watch my weight all my life. That is just the way it is. BUT I have a plan of attack.

Although WW did wonderful things for me, I just cannot imagine counting points for the rest of my life. WW taught me how to eat correctly, portion sizes, quantity of food groups, etc. So my plan is to stick with the basics, cut out fat, high calorie foods and replace them with lower fat and healthier alternitives. I need to get exercise back into my life regularly, and my goal is to run a 3 or 5K by next summer.

My weight goal of 135? I want to get there as quickly as possible, BUT realisitcally tomorrow wont happen! LOL! So I am looking at a 2 year plan. By next summer I want to be down to 165 and then hit goal by summer 2004. ( that still gives me 1 year wiggle room for my 20 year reunion in 2005! LOL )

Besides being a wife and mother, I am a frelance crochet pattern designer. I have just begun the process to start self publishing my patterns. I am shooting for October 1 as my release date for my first afghan leaflet! Crochet Keeps me sane! And i have a rule too, no eating when I am crocheting... that helped me loose the first 56 pounds...

Hope all have a great day! I am off.. we have a dental appointment in an hour!! :o

I will catch up on al the posts later!

LBH
07-17-2002, 11:58 AM
Karen - I'd like to contribute to your well being...you can make mea baby blanket...or 2 or 3!!! :D :lol: My mom taught me to crochet years ago, I was probably 10 or so. I can still do it, basic stuff, but I was never very good at it. I always pulled it to tight. I think the most I ever did was a blanket for my Barbies or something!! :lol:

Sinnrah
07-17-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

LBH-I slept like a rock last night...but I took sleep aid to help. I have to go out of town and I slept so long I probably wont be able to sleep at all tonight. Dont like to take sleep aid everynight. It makes me feel too tired. Like a hangover. :dizzy:

Everyone else- Hope all is well.....and take care...just a quick pop in to say HELLO :wave:

Love
Sinnrah :)

CrochetLegacy
07-17-2002, 04:02 PM
we are back from the dentist! The kids did good! Tyler wasnt afraid this time and cassie did well for her first time ever! Neither of them had cavities!! So they got this totally cool goodie bag with all sorts of toys and stickers and a coupon for a free taco at our favorite mexican food restarant! AND the got their picture taken for the no cavities wall!

Me on the other hand. I have a tiny cavity and one of my teeth needs a crown! It has been bugging me for 1.5 years now. My old dentist would do nothing. I am so glad I switched because this new dentist saw it right away! I will be pain free in a couple of months!!

BTW, does anyone have a link for an online food journal (cheap or free) that will give me totals for calories and fat, etc. Doesnt have to be the deluxe model.. but just something I can log in daily and see how I am doing! I guess I could do it on paper.. but then again... I am automated in everything else! LOL!

Wow! I didnt realize there were so many of you who were pregnant! :) Congrats! I wish I was! I miss it! :) But hubby and I are done. He had the big V last October...

Bailey - What toy manufaturer in CA? I grew up in the shadows of Discovery Toys... the are based right near my home town of Dublin!

Talk to you all soon!

Greekgirl
07-18-2002, 02:43 AM
Hey Karen (Crotchet),

try www.fitday.com, VERY good has everything you need for counting + stats! Hope you like it.

Don't have much time, so for now it's just greetings to all from Athens!

Vassiliki (cooled down a bit since the weekend)

lyssalou
07-18-2002, 10:47 AM
I had a few minutes, so I thought I would check in and say hi. I am still hanging just below 150. But I just started a new exercise program that I hope will help. I won't tell you about it now, I want to see if it works before I tell anyone. I don't want you all to laugh at me for being so gullable.

CrochetLegacy - I started loosing weight in January this year. I weighted 195. I lost 30 lbs. in 2 months just by eating a very low fat diet, limiting portions, and making the calories I ate count for nutrition instead of fun. I have learned along the way how to make my food pretty good, and I am still loosing. I have a Cassi too, who is 5. I do some crocheting too, but I have never ventured off to make my own patterns. BTW, welcome to the group.

Sinnrah - Welcome. My Dh is going out of town next week, and I am not looking forward to that. I hope you have a great trip where ever you are going.

Everyone else - Glad to see you all, hope you are all doing well.

Miss D - if you are lurking between studing for your law exams, go back to studying!!! :lol: I hope you are there!!!

lizzard_h
07-18-2002, 11:07 AM
Hi all!!! Sorry I have been MIA but it's been kind of crazy since I got back from vacation. Not to mention the other day I was most of the way thru writing a long post and I lost it. I was so frustrated I had to back away for awhile. Also our computer networks at work were down for almost two weeks so I was in charge of getting it fixed and it took all of my time.

The main and most exciting reason I've been so preoccupied is that I became a mommy. I finally got my dream puppy!!!! Last week I put a deposit down on a baby black toy poodle and two days ago we got her. I decided since I've waited over five years for my life to settle down I wanted to get exactly what I've been yearning for. We've had Abby two days now and she's the greatest. The first night was rough and she screamed bloody murder but last night was much better. The only problem now is that those first 24 hours were so stressful I think it messed up her tummy and she had the runs this morning. DH took a half day off yesterday to be with her and I'm taking a half day today and tomorrow just to get her used to being away from her siblings. I love her so much and she's so adorable!!!

I made it to the gym Mon & Tues but that's it for this week. Next week hopefully I can get back on schedule. I haven't even checked my weight for several days but I've been so busy playing with Abby I haven't cared about food.

Welcome to all the newcomers!! It's nice to see some new and excited people in our group.

Congrats to all the losers!! And all you mommies, keep up the status reports.

Thanks for posting the new goal Bailey!! I was thinking we needed something like that. I'll get myself on there and set my goal soon.

Liz

CrochetLegacy
07-18-2002, 11:14 AM
Greek Girl!

That is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you!!!!

CrochetLegacy
07-18-2002, 11:29 AM
Good Morning!

Having another good start to my day! I didnt get up as early so I didnt get the treadmill in .. YET. I am planning to get on when my kids are napping this afternoon!

That fitday.com is wonderful! I see part of my problem already! I am not getting enough calories in! I barely toped 1800 and I need to get in at least 2000! At least I didnt over eat yesterday!
Funny though.. I wasnt hungry!

My hubby isnt helping though. He belongs to a local Miata driving club and last night they had a run. They started in the parking lot of a local Krispy Kreme (which is the only on in WA state so far and almost an hour from our home.. good thing too!) Of course he came home with a dozen. there are 6 left and I didnt eat ANY!:smug: Although I might try a bite later in the day. I know if I have it for breakfast I will be craving sweets for the rest of the day! :dizzy: And that will throw me all off!

My daughter has her 4 year check up later this morning so I better run!

Hope all are having a great day!

RoadRunner
07-19-2002, 05:08 AM
Good Morning!!!!Just sending a big hello!!!

Must run get dressed!!!Everyone have a great day!!!!
RR

Greekgirl
07-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Hi guys!

It's almost time for my WEEKEND!!! + two extra days I'm taking off. As I said, 2 of my 3 sisters are here, and we're having a great time and some really good talks. My one sis has been kind of depressed the last few years and her weight went up accordingly. Now she's decided to start WW when she gets back to the Netherlands!!! Three hurrays!
I'm so happy she's finally decided to do it. So now we have two professional dieters in the family...I think I lost 2 pounds or so, my clothes fit better anyway. Due to big time no-money worries still no scale (am I starting to repeat myself?...) Will see you all again next week, coming back on Wednesday (from Beach and, I fear, booze). Very well on track on the gym, thing though, it's starting to show.
Crotchet Karen, glad I could help. I was using this site every day but unfortunaly I can't any more because my boss restricted access (have to do it in secret now)

Greekgirl
07-19-2002, 10:33 AM
I decided to post this because last time I lost a whole book of funny things that I couldn't remember afterwards...

RR running around again I see!

Lizzard, how cute! I love dogs, but cannot have one as I live in a very small appartment. I gave my dog away a few years ago because of that, I still miss her although I found her THE best home, with kids and big garden etc.

Sinnrah, DH WILL come back in a short while. You'll be OK, write us!

Backfor, we missed you too how are things???

LBH, I am also slacking on the new job thing. I've also got some leads, but I want a really good job as they pay peanuts here in Greece. Want to do smt in PR and with the languages, preferably, those are my strong points anyway (I must blabber you about deaf without using my voice every time, there's just so much to tell...). Hope you find your dreamjob, soon, too.

gotta go now, love to all, and wish me strength in fighting wodka's and peanuts this weekend!

Vassiliki from Athens (temp today about 98F, 37 C)

CrochetLegacy
07-19-2002, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone!

Just thought I would check in!

Yesterday I didnt get on the treadmill like I planned.. but I did today! Woo HOO!

My eating seems to be under control too. I have gone 3 days now without eating unscheduled snacks! That is impressive for me! LOL!

I am posting my food and exercise journal in Fitday and it is WONDERFUL! Thanks again Greek Girl for helping me find it! :)

Well, i am off to work on my kids school website! (I'm The webmaster... Scanning pictures as we speak...)

Have a great evening!

RoadRunner
07-20-2002, 08:53 AM
Good Morning!!!Had to get up early cuz the "little one" decided it was hungry and made mommy get the nausea until she got up to eat!!!!This is the weirdest thing to me to actually feel the urge to "have to eat now!!!"

CL--Congrats on getting to the treadmill!!!..I get frustrated cuz I get short of breath now...I did 1/2Marathons, ran 12miles/day to relax and now go 3 miles at 3.5 miles/hr and stay short of breath..I have never been pg before but everyone says it is normal and will only get worse! :( I would do it again in a jiffy if I could!!!!!

GG-Vodka and peanuts????Hmmmmmm...yuck!!!:smug: Have a good time!!!I think I would waste calories on pizza with extra cheese though!!!:D

Liz--WElcome back!!!I am going on vacation next week with the kids and DH...I made sure the condo on the beach had an indoor pool!!!:s:

Everyone else--Hello and all have a great weekend!!!!
RR

CrochetLegacy
07-20-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by RoadRunner
CL--Congrats on getting to the treadmill!!!..I get frustrated cuz I get short of breath now...I did 1/2Marathons, ran 12miles/day to relax and now go 3 miles at 3.5 miles/hr and stay short of breath..I have never been pg before but everyone says it is normal and will only get worse! :( I would do it again in a jiffy if I could!!!!!

RoadRunner - The shortness of breath is normal! When I was prego with my 1st and was still working I had to start taking the elevator up and down my 2 story building instead of taking the stairs. My co-workers would laugh and laugh because I used to power walk everly lunch hour and NEVER take the elevator! It was SOOO hard to deal with!

You are doing well if you still can do 3 miles at 3.5!!