Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 03:15 PM   #16  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Men and Big Burly men???Hmmmmm...would they like a rounded tummy woman??? Ya'll are too much!!!!

Bailey--Hello!!!!

Elise-Yeah for the moving in!!!!
Well off to the OB for a check up!!!!
RR
Old 07-16-2002, 03:49 PM   #17  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Bailey - I tried to edit my own post and it worked and so I tried to edit someone else's just as a test and I got the error that I was not logged in or did not have permission to edit that post - which makes sense. strange - give it a try again I'd say and see what the error says.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:28 PM   #18  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Everyone!

I am sorry I havent gotten back to you since that first post last week! My hubby has been home on sabbatical and last week was his last full week home. He goes back to work tomorrow. (8.5 weeks off - PAID) Man am I ready for that!

Needless to say, I wasnt able to post much due to the fact he decided to do a TON of stuff including almost completely redoing the front yard landscaping! Not that I am complaining.. but sheesh.. I never even got close to the computer!

But I am starting again tomorrow morning. I will get up when he does and jump on the scale then the treadmill while he is in the shower! I promise to check in with a longer post so you all can learn a bit about me!

Hugs to everyone!
Old 07-16-2002, 10:31 PM   #19  

Hey all,

I am back from the missing or should I say back from wedding hoopla. Our best friends got married on Saturday and it has been one thing after another since the 4th of July. We have had a lot of out of town guests and wedding parties.

I have missed you all! I see we have several new ppl added to the group. WELCOME!

I am not going to go back and try to respond to all the posts so I will just start from here.

I have missed you all.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:56 PM   #20  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi All,

It is a late night for me. But last night was worse. Was up until 3am. Had to go and buy some sleep aid. I hate my hubby being gone.

But I am hanging in there. Thank You Everyone for the support.

You all have made me feel very welcome.

Okay....going to try and get some shut eye.

Will check in tomorrow.

Sinnrah
Old 07-17-2002, 12:25 AM   #21  

Thanks guys! Don't know why I couldn't edit from work, but I got in from home. Maybe because we have Mac's at work?....
Old 07-17-2002, 05:09 AM   #22  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Welcome back Karen from the land of yardwork!!!
WEll, my posts are soo opposite of everyone..I went for my 18week check up and I have gained 3 lbs total...I am excited..I eat everything good and really want to control the gain...I will know the sex of this little one on Aug 13th...Cant wait!!!

Helllo to all..Have a great day!!!Off to work!!!
Vicki
Old 07-17-2002, 06:39 AM   #23  

Hi everyone!

it's been a quiet week for me. As i am not taking full vacation but splitting them up (mo-tu off so hat makes 4 day weekends), I'm not at the office much. Still got the e-mailing problem so I have to be "discreet". Two of my three sisters have come over for the holidays from the Netherlands, so this weekend was a scream: we have a small appartment at a seaside resort near Athens (about 55 miles), so when we arrived we started cleaning a year's debris. One of our two balconies was so full off dove **** (excuse me, but that's what it was), I had to scrape it off (wearing bikini and bandana over my mouth, the stuffs poisonous!) with a pen-knife with the temperature up in the 100eds: talk about vacation... Anyway, we had a scream about it afterwards (on the beach), and then all this other family from the Netherlands turned up, including some small nephews and nieces I'd never seen before, but it really clicked so we had lots of fun. Went for drinks with all the ladies afterwards, some of whom, because of Dh's and kids hadn't been out for a long long time.
came home 01.15 last night (this is not particularly late for Greece, mind), but BF wasn't home yet either, he came about 20 min later, so we talked some and then I went to bed (finally). I think I have lost about 3 pounds up to now, despite the drinks now and then but am doing it slow anyway so that's fine. Work-out is also great, am keeping up (even at home - did my dumbell xcersizes in the frizzlin' heat), also swimming a lot (figures).

Hi to everyone that's new or back from gone,

Love to all,

Greekgirl
Old 07-17-2002, 07:33 AM   #24  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

It's great to see everyone back posting again, had a couple slow days there!!

GG- Yuck, clean bird poop is not my idea of fun! Good for you exercising though!!

RR- Glad everything went soo well!!

Bailey- Glad the computer's working for you...it probably is a Mac thing.

Sinnrah- Hope you get some better sleep tonight. Maybe try exercising before bed? That may make you tired.

Nanci- Glad to see you back! You have been busy, hope things slow down a bit for you.

Crochet- Good to see you back! Hey, at least you've got landscaping now, right? Now you have more time to spend here!!

I'm slacking today...yeah, what else is new...emailed my recruiter yesterday to find out what my chances are for getting a new job, and getting benefits...she hasn't answered me yet, but she thinks I'm nuts. Have any of you heard of the site www.careersfromhome.com? It seems legit, but I don't want to pay $35. to find job postings unless I know it's really gonna be worth it. They do list the companies they work with and they list some job descriptions too.

Oh well, gotta jump in the shower. Have a great day all!!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:49 AM   #25  

Hi everyone!

So far I am having a GREAT day!

I got up at 6 and weighed in for my starting weight. UGH! 195. but I know now how bad things are. In Jan of 2000 I was 169.. so that is 26 pounds gained in 2.5 years.

After I weighed in, I got dressed, grabbed a bottle of water and hopped on the tread mill! I want to get back into my running routine so I am following the Runner's world recommended start up again. So for the next 8 days I walk!

After my walk I felt so good! I already have 3 glasses of water in and am showered and ready for the day! I am eating my oatmeal and banana breakfast as we speak!

Just a little background on me, I am a 35 year old SAHM of 2 kids Tyler(almost 6 with 4 loose teeth!) and Cassie (4). I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. in Feb of 1999 I started WW at Home program at my all time High weight of 225. That year I lost 56 pounds with the help and support of the gals on the WWathome board here at 3FC.

Then we made a move from CA to WA in 2000. All my hard work went out the window! Well, not all of it.. just some of it. But I am not daunted because I know that I will have to watch my weight all my life. That is just the way it is. BUT I have a plan of attack.

Although WW did wonderful things for me, I just cannot imagine counting points for the rest of my life. WW taught me how to eat correctly, portion sizes, quantity of food groups, etc. So my plan is to stick with the basics, cut out fat, high calorie foods and replace them with lower fat and healthier alternitives. I need to get exercise back into my life regularly, and my goal is to run a 3 or 5K by next summer.

My weight goal of 135? I want to get there as quickly as possible, BUT realisitcally tomorrow wont happen! LOL! So I am looking at a 2 year plan. By next summer I want to be down to 165 and then hit goal by summer 2004. ( that still gives me 1 year wiggle room for my 20 year reunion in 2005! LOL )

Besides being a wife and mother, I am a frelance crochet pattern designer. I have just begun the process to start self publishing my patterns. I am shooting for October 1 as my release date for my first afghan leaflet! Crochet Keeps me sane! And i have a rule too, no eating when I am crocheting... that helped me loose the first 56 pounds...

Hope all have a great day! I am off.. we have a dental appointment in an hour!!

I will catch up on al the posts later!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:58 AM   #26  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Karen - I'd like to contribute to your well being...you can make mea baby blanket...or 2 or 3!!! My mom taught me to crochet years ago, I was probably 10 or so. I can still do it, basic stuff, but I was never very good at it. I always pulled it to tight. I think the most I ever did was a blanket for my Barbies or something!!
Old 07-17-2002, 02:24 PM   #27  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi Ladies,

LBH-I slept like a rock last night...but I took sleep aid to help. I have to go out of town and I slept so long I probably wont be able to sleep at all tonight. Dont like to take sleep aid everynight. It makes me feel too tired. Like a hangover.

Everyone else- Hope all is well.....and take care...just a quick pop in to say HELLO

Love
Sinnrah
Old 07-17-2002, 04:02 PM   #28  

we are back from the dentist! The kids did good! Tyler wasnt afraid this time and cassie did well for her first time ever! Neither of them had cavities!! So they got this totally cool goodie bag with all sorts of toys and stickers and a coupon for a free taco at our favorite mexican food restarant! AND the got their picture taken for the no cavities wall!

Me on the other hand. I have a tiny cavity and one of my teeth needs a crown! It has been bugging me for 1.5 years now. My old dentist would do nothing. I am so glad I switched because this new dentist saw it right away! I will be pain free in a couple of months!!

BTW, does anyone have a link for an online food journal (cheap or free) that will give me totals for calories and fat, etc. Doesnt have to be the deluxe model.. but just something I can log in daily and see how I am doing! I guess I could do it on paper.. but then again... I am automated in everything else! LOL!

Wow! I didnt realize there were so many of you who were pregnant! Congrats! I wish I was! I miss it! But hubby and I are done. He had the big V last October...

Bailey - What toy manufaturer in CA? I grew up in the shadows of Discovery Toys... the are based right near my home town of Dublin!

Talk to you all soon!
Old 07-18-2002, 02:43 AM   #29  

Hey Karen (Crotchet),

try www.fitday.com, VERY good has everything you need for counting + stats! Hope you like it.

Don't have much time, so for now it's just greetings to all from Athens!

Vassiliki (cooled down a bit since the weekend)
Old 07-18-2002, 10:47 AM   #30  

Default HI All

I had a few minutes, so I thought I would check in and say hi. I am still hanging just below 150. But I just started a new exercise program that I hope will help. I won't tell you about it now, I want to see if it works before I tell anyone. I don't want you all to laugh at me for being so gullable.

CrochetLegacy - I started loosing weight in January this year. I weighted 195. I lost 30 lbs. in 2 months just by eating a very low fat diet, limiting portions, and making the calories I ate count for nutrition instead of fun. I have learned along the way how to make my food pretty good, and I am still loosing. I have a Cassi too, who is 5. I do some crocheting too, but I have never ventured off to make my own patterns. BTW, welcome to the group.

Sinnrah - Welcome. My Dh is going out of town next week, and I am not looking forward to that. I hope you have a great trip where ever you are going.

Everyone else - Glad to see you all, hope you are all doing well.

Miss D - if you are lurking between studing for your law exams, go back to studying!!! I hope you are there!!!

Last edited by lyssalou; 07-18-2002 at 10:50 AM.
Closed Thread