Metabolic Research Center - September Challenge!!

View Full Version : September Challenge!!

leahruthie
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
so a few of us were thinking it would be nice to issue ourselves (and each other!) a mini-goal to shoot for by Oct. 1. since the first of september is right around the corner, let's all start stating our goals!! if it's a weight goal, put a ticker in your signature so we can keep track of you :)

MY GOAL: i would like to weigh 179 by Oct. 1.

how about you?

thecharmedone
08-27-2009, 10:17 PM
I would like to weigh 170 by oct. 1

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6aBLC3/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6aBLC3/)

funshine
08-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I want to lose 10 lbs in September. (Sorry I can't do a ticket yet, haven't been here long enough :( )

Good luck everyone!

loveamy
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I want to lose 11 pounds and weigh 140 by Oct. 1!:carrot:

platformnine
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I want to lose at least 10 lbs by Oct. 1! And another 5 by Oct. 19 to weigh 190lbs, reaching my second 20lb milestone! Good luck everybody!

Karen1234
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm in...
Here's to being on plan (I raise my HNS to all of you) for the month of September and losing 10 lbs in that time!!! I plan to be in the 180's by October 1st... 170's Nov 1st, 160's by Dec 1st and into stabilization by the end of December... Maintenance by Jan 1st in the 150's!

WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!! (And Gents if you're out there)

:dust::dust:

BTW, :welcome: to all 3FC and MRC Newbies!

:welcome3:

GWE140
08-28-2009, 10:35 AM
My goal is a bit higher for September...I want to be down another 12 to 15 pounds...trying to catch up after my 6 week vacation off plan...My goal is to be around 170 on October 1st.

lookinfine09
08-28-2009, 11:00 AM
My goal for September is to hit my goal weight of 145 and to hopefully start stabilization! Good luck everyone!

TeresaG
08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
My September challenge is to lose 14 lbs which will put me at 175. We are having family portraits done on the 20th, so I'm really going to try to get in all my exercise and see how much more will come off by then. I've been thinking about doing the C25K. My biggest problem is school has started again, so it really cuts down on available time to exercise. I could give up some sleep, but they say that is bad too.

How often are we going to post our achievements here? Once a week?

angelofsc
08-28-2009, 02:47 PM
My goal for September is to lose 10 lbs before my birthday which is only 2 weeks away. My birthday is September 11. SO I have to get on the ball but if I don't lose it by the 11th thats fine I will just make it a goal for the month.

ali g
08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd also like to lose 10 pounds in September.

I know this has been addressed before but can't find it. How do I add a ticker to my posts?

Thanks,
Ali

thistime140
08-28-2009, 05:17 PM
im in too...keep me acountable people...I need the push.
Can't do a ticker yet either, but I'm with GWE140...we have the same ultimate goal weight, so I also think I can crank out a 15 pound loss by Oct 1st!!
Family pix are Oct 17th for my Moms 80th b-Day....I dont wanna be the fattest sister again!!! Ugh.....
on that note...going for a walk!!

mountain gal
08-28-2009, 05:49 PM
today is my last day of precondition n i begin my program tmrw (i guess).. my goal is to lose 10 lbs by end of september but most importantly my goal would be keeping the faith during tough days n knowing i can do it.

TeresaG i'm from co too .. which center do you go 2 ? Like you I too was wondering abt the c25K and how i would fit it in with my school schedule .. im thinking of earmarking my weekends n atleast 1 weekday 2 begin with though i doubt if its enough .. leahruthie .- thanks for helping me begin my september on a positive note -good luck 2 all of us!!you ladies continue to amaze & inspire me everyday

Joy2MeNu
08-28-2009, 05:52 PM
okay, I am in! I started 2 weeks ago and lost 10 lbs so far, so by October 1, I hope to be down another 15!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/fireworks01/lb/243/130/233/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Spiritofsuccessnyc
08-28-2009, 08:10 PM
My goal in September is to loose 10 pounds. I weigh 172 today.

October 10 pounds and November 10 pounds and December 10 pounds woo hoo....... I think I can I know I can. I will I AM!

Darn Baby Weight
08-29-2009, 12:46 AM
My Goal is to get to 180 by October 1st. Didn't get to weigh in today, got too busy at work, will have to go tomorrow. Good Luck everyone!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slider-chicken/lb/191.5/180/191.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Cleobaby
08-29-2009, 01:32 AM
I would like to lose 10 by oct 1 (I can't add ticker yet either, not here long enough).. that is one short term goal.

Bath Sky
08-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am new to MRC and would like to join the September Challenge !

September is my favorite month and let's make it a great one for weight loss!

:dust:

I started the blue menu today and would like to loose 12 lbs this month.

kccross
08-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Well I haven't been given the option to place a signature on my profile yet, but my goal IS to lose weight. By October 1st I plan to be down AT LEAST 15 pounds!

I'm going thru a divorce and my son was just diagnosed with swine flu, but I refuse to stress eat (more than I already have). I ate 3 meal replacement bars after a bad call from my lawyer the other day. And when my son was confirmed with swine flu I ate 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.

But I'm over that and my son is doing GREAT on the Tamiflu and my lawyer (after a swift kick in the butt from me) is working on things.

I'm 298 today so by October 1st I WILL be at least 284!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TreeBwn
08-29-2009, 05:30 PM
My goal is 10 lbs for September. I fell off the bandwagon last week and only lost half a pound. So by Oct 1, I want to be down to 165!

Fifties Lady
08-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Count me in too....I want to lose 15 pounds by Oct. 1st. Yes I Can!!!!

alisanchez18
08-30-2009, 12:52 AM
my goal is 10lbs! im going to stay focused! we can all do this!!!

maui melon
08-31-2009, 09:50 AM
My goals for September:

- lose 12 pounds
- clean eating - no BLTs (bites, licks, and tastes) of any food that is not on my plan
- get more exercise
- try more new recipes

Best wishes everyone! We can do it!

misschloe
08-31-2009, 10:06 AM
hi all, i'm new to the forum and am jumping on the weight loss wagon

my first goal is to just stay on the wagon for all of september! eat really well, lots of water and get moving.

good luck with all your goals everyone!

Bobsey
08-31-2009, 10:16 AM
My goal is 7 lbs and to stop cheating. I am so close to goal but now have gained a 1 lb and I know it is because I am not measuring my food. I am so mad at myself. Oh well, it is a new month and this board helps me so much!!

nabeelmalik
08-31-2009, 01:15 PM
my goal is to start MRC ( going in for first consultation today) and loose 12 lb.

wish me luck!

summersbluepits
08-31-2009, 02:09 PM
My goal is to lose 15 lbs in September!!!! And NOT CHEAT!

cmb9697
08-31-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm in too... just finished my first month, at WI today I was down 14.5 pounds, just busted through my first plateau which thankfully only lasted about a week. Sooo.. I think my goal for the month will be 12 pounds.

I don't have rights to post a ticker yet, so I'm starting at 164, so I should be at 152 by months end. Good luck to everyone!!!

Carla:cheer:

thistime140
08-31-2009, 06:48 PM
told the BF i was really going to work on this weight loss thing, instead of just complaining about it. He is soo good, tho...when we first met I weighed 138!! so the poor guy has seen me go from that...to 210 in 7 years...40 of them in the last 2. He said if I could get 20 off by Oct 17th...family picture day...that he would take me shopping for a new outfit for Moms party, and etc!!! whooohoo...
so...7 weeks to bust out 20 pounds!!!!

gonna be 195 by 10/1!!!!!

leahruthie
08-31-2009, 06:55 PM
told the BF i was really going to work on this weight loss thing, instead of just complaining about it. He is soo good, tho...when we first met I weighed 138!! so the poor guy has seen me go from that...to 210 in 7 years...40 of them in the last 2. He said if I could get 20 off by Oct 17th...family picture day...that he would take me shopping for a new outfit for Moms party, and etc!!! whooohoo...
so...7 weeks to bust out 20 pounds!!!!

gonna be 195 by 10/1!!!!!

ooohhhh sweetie, i feel ya. when josh and i started dating, i weighed about 150, and somehow in four years... BAM. that's what being comfortable will get ya, i guess. :S but he's being SO supportive of the diet (and never once made me feel bad for gaining weight in the first place--to him, i've "always been beautiful at any weight." he might be putting me on, but i love him for it hehe)

TeresaG
08-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Well I haven't been given the option to place a signature on my profile yet, but my goal IS to lose weight. By October 1st I plan to be down AT LEAST 15 pounds!

I'm going thru a divorce and my son was just diagnosed with swine flu, but I refuse to stress eat (more than I already have). I ate 3 meal replacement bars after a bad call from my lawyer the other day. And when my son was confirmed with swine flu I ate 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.

But I'm over that and my son is doing GREAT on the Tamiflu and my lawyer (after a swift kick in the butt from me) is working on things.

I'm 298 today so by October 1st I WILL be at least 284!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. Thank goodness your son is getting better. I've read a few articles about using Tamiflu, but have also seen where people were fighting against using it. It's pretty scary to hear that they are expecting a surge now that most schools are back in session.

Divorce is never easy no matter how you slice it. I've been through it, didn't think I would make it at times, but I finally figured out I had to for my kids. I can offer a shoulder and an ear if you need either.

Forget about your off plan choices. There a gazillion other things that would have been much worse than a few extra bars or a couple bites of peanut butter. We are all here to support each other, so lean on us.

Lori123321
09-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Sign me up for a September goal. I am making a goal to set no more goals! Only kidding, I want to be in the 160's by 10/01/09. Let's do this thing!

msim
09-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Have been working on my Fall Equinox Challenge over on the 100 pound board so I will quit dillydallying and get 12 pounds off to put me in the 180s!

Go MRC September challenge!

nabeelmalik
09-01-2009, 10:56 AM
so first day on pre-conditioning on the way :) wish me luck

msim
09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
so first day on pre-conditioning on the way :) wish me luck

Congrats nabeelmalik and welcome to the forum!

E4FEwife
09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
So I am thinking 12 pounds is a reasonable goal; that's about 3 lbs a week. Since the past few weeks have been s-l-o-w in terms of weight loss, I'm hoping that I am about to drop a bunch of weight!

bodiemo
09-01-2009, 06:38 PM
My goal is to lose 10 lbs by my birthday on the 22nd, which would put me at 187

thistime140
09-01-2009, 06:45 PM
not off to a great start...after 4 days of exercising, and being conscious of what I put in my mouth, I stepped on the scale today (i know I should have waited until Frdiay) and I've gained 2 pounds??? How the **** is that possible??
FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!

alisanchez18
09-01-2009, 07:11 PM
wow congrats nabeelmalik! i just finished my pre-conditioning i finally got my menu i will be on til i met goal weight yesterday! you can totally do it!!!

Phat not Fat
09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Count me in! I'm going to strive for a 12.5-pound loss this month. (I suppose this means no Pinot Noir, right?) I have a wedding reception to attend on October 2 and I want to surprise a friend I haven't seen in awhile! I can't post a ticker yet, but will do so ASAP.

I need to give props not only to the ladies at the Lincoln MRC, but also to all of you here. It's nice to know that there are others out there who, on good days, do a happy dance and those who are more determined after learning less-than-favorable results. A big ol' knuckle bump to you all! Thanks for sharing with and supporting each other!

By the way, I realized just how successful I've been a couple days ago. I was able to purchase a pair of pants in the misses section! I haven't seen that area of the store in over 20 years!

Woot!

Darn Baby Weight
09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
WI yesterday, down to 188, finally got past the 190's! But now I'm sick, everything I ate yestaeday came right back up, I really hope this doesn't hinder my weight loss. :?:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slider-chicken/lb/204.5/165/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

September Challenge
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/flower05/lb/191.5/180/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Lori123321
09-02-2009, 12:29 PM
WI yesterday, down to 188, finally got past the 190's! But now I'm sick, everything I ate yestaeday came right back up, I really hope this doesn't hinder my weight loss. :?:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slider-chicken/lb/204.5/165/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

September Challenge
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/flower05/lb/191.5/180/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
Feel better soon. Most of us have battled illness one time or another on this diet and it will pass. drink your water and take care of yourself.
Count me in! I'm going to strive for a 12.5-pound loss this month. (I suppose this means no Pinot Noir, right?) I have a wedding reception to attend on October 2 and I want to surprise a friend I haven't seen in awhile! I can't post a ticker yet, but will do so ASAP.

I need to give props not only to the ladies at the Lincoln MRC, but also to all of you here. It's nice to know that there are others out there who, on good days, do a happy dance and those who are more determined after learning less-than-favorable results. A big ol' knuckle bump to you all! Thanks for sharing with and supporting each other!

By the way, I realized just how successful I've been a couple days ago. I was able to purchase a pair of pants in the misses section! I haven't seen that area of the store in over 20 years!

Woot!
I do happy dance in your honor! :carrot:

nabeelmalik
09-02-2009, 12:35 PM
wow congrats nabeelmalik! i just finished my pre-conditioning i finally got my menu i will be on til i met goal weight yesterday! you can totally do it!!!

thanks! you also goodluck with all of it. I must say i have been drinking water like crazy ( wasnt a coffee drinker anyway), going in for first weigh in tomorrow, my counselor wanted to see me before i get my menu on friday, so lets see where we both are at the end of this month :)

Lori123321
09-02-2009, 12:35 PM
not off to a great start...after 4 days of exercising, and being conscious of what I put in my mouth, I stepped on the scale today (i know I should have waited until Frdiay) and I've gained 2 pounds??? How the **** is that possible??
FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!

One thing, water! If you are not used to exercise, your muscles get sore and inflamed (water) and also you need the equivalent of 6 med pizzas calorie wise to gain 2 pounds of fat. So, I would guess it is water weight. Keep doing what you are doing. If you are doing MRC then tone down exercise to 30 min, 3xwk, increase your water to flush your system. Watch salt intake in foods like cottage cheese. The 2 pounds will come off and take some friends with them! Stay Strong! You can do this!

Sweetcheeks4me
09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I want to weigh 260 lbs on October 1st. Thats a 12 lb loss. :)

noahsmama
09-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I honestly have been very reluctant to post a goal because the month of August was terribly frustrating/trying month for me. I'd like to say 10 pounds but with losing 7 pounds in the month of August..I have no idea what my body is up to! So I'll say that I'd like to be in the 150's range by October. My 'paid' program ends on 10/5 and I know I won't be at my goal weight by then but we'll see what September holds!

E4FEwife
09-02-2009, 04:46 PM
So I am thinking 12 pounds is a reasonable goal; that's about 3 lbs a week. Since the past few weeks have been s-l-o-w in terms of weight loss, I'm hoping that I am about to drop a bunch of weight!

So after posting my goal, my husband was talking to me about it and why I chose to make it a specific amount of pounds lost. You see, I suppose for me it is unrealisitic to place a # amount as my goal when I have no control over how much weight I lose. I have stuck to the program 100% (and will most likely stick to it in Sept.) and whatever weight I lose is really out of my control, be it 5 lbs or 20 lbs. So I will have to re-evaluate what my goal should be for Sept. :p

Anyone have any ideas? :?:

kccross
09-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Didn't want to go for weigh in because I've been sick and lost big at last weigh in and I just KNEW now that I'm back OP and can eat I'd have gained.

Well I walked in and they HEY you get measured today as well. :o

BUT, I had lost 1/2 a pound and in 22 days I've lost 16 inches!!!! So I'm at a total of 19 pounds lost! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Lori123321
09-12-2009, 12:11 PM
So after posting my goal, my husband was talking to me about it and why I chose to make it a specific amount of pounds lost. You see, I suppose for me it is unrealisitic to place a # amount as my goal when I have no control over how much weight I lose. I have stuck to the program 100% (and will most likely stick to it in Sept.) and whatever weight I lose is really out of my control, be it 5 lbs or 20 lbs. So I will have to re-evaluate what my goal should be for Sept. :p

Anyone have any ideas? :?:

I think you should look at what your definition of a goal. I believe it is something to strive for, with the understanding you may not make it. Something that is obtainable but not guaranteed. It is a challenge with other factors beside's yourself involved; stress, emergencies, illness and so forth. And only you can set your goal and it depends on what you desire. With my goal, it is not the number of pounds I lose, it is more of wanting to be in the 160's. I have not been there in over 12 years and that was important to me. So, my thoughts are to look at yourself, consider what is important to you, see if it is obtainable but still a challenge. Then decide if that is a good goal for you. And, what is the worst that could happen? You lose 10 pounds instead of 20, or you stay OP 90% of the time instead of 100%? The earth will not stop rotating, the sun will still rise and the bills will still find your mailbox. If you don't make your goal but make progress, then you are still doing great!

funshine
09-12-2009, 01:27 PM
noahsmama - you look like Sandra Bullock in your profile pic! Pretty and sassy! ;)

Phat not Fat
09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I got a burst of encouragement today at WI. Down 3 pounds since Tuesday! Only 6.5 more until I reach my end-of-September goal.

By the way, for any of you who are at the Lincoln clinic, I think they're going to start a clothing exchange list. I also found out there's a monthly clothing exchange at the church in Panama once a month. The next one is September 19.

Sept. goal - 195.5/190/183

leahruthie
09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
i weighed in this morning and was only down half a pound, but in light of several indiscretions during the week, i am totally OK with that hehe :) i definitely gotta step it up if i'm going to make my september goal, though!!

Fifties Lady
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
i weighed in this morning and was only down half a pound, but in light of several indiscretions during the week, i am totally OK with that hehe :) i definitely gotta step it up if i'm going to make my september goal, though!!

I wonder if I seen you again...I was there around ten. :?:

leahruthie
09-12-2009, 10:15 PM
i was in about 9:30-9:45!

Fifties Lady
09-12-2009, 10:26 PM
i was in about 9:30-9:45!

I bet we were there at the same time.... I was the one coughing up a storm while waiting for WI. In lime green top and white capris. I know....where was my Big Red T-SHirt???:D

leahruthie
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
lime green, lime green... man my memory is awful right now. were you in the waiting room when we were talking about TOPS?

Fifties Lady
09-12-2009, 10:31 PM
lime green, lime green... man my memory is awful right now. were you in the waiting room when we were talking about TOPS?

Nope...darn...I wish I would have gotten in on that conversation...I joined tops years ago and lost over 40 pounds...that would have been interesting. You might have just been coming out when I was sitting there...there was quite a waiting line to WI.

leahruthie
09-12-2009, 10:34 PM
yeah saturday mornings are crazy! some of the ladies were talking about TOPS and were ribbing me for being too young to know what it was hehe :) then after i weighed in, i asked my mom about it and she goes "oh yeah, taking off pounds sensibly?" and i thought "why have i never heard of this?!"

anyway, you can always find me weighing in on saturday mornings between 9 and 10, and i will invariably be wearing sweatpants, a tank top, and flip flops and will have a slightly pink face from having just come from the gym :)

Fifties Lady
09-12-2009, 10:45 PM
yeah saturday mornings are crazy! some of the ladies were talking about TOPS and were ribbing me for being too young to know what it was hehe :) then after i weighed in, i asked my mom about it and she goes "oh yeah, taking off pounds sensibly?" and i thought "why have i never heard of this?!"

anyway, you can always find me weighing in on saturday mornings between 9 and 10, and i will invariably be wearing sweatpants, a tank top, and flip flops and will have a slightly pink face from having just come from the gym :)

Yes...you are probably way too young to have heard of it. I joined about 19 years ago, and at that time, I was probably the youngest one there. It is a group for older women. I think it was more of a social group....they couldn't wait for the meeting to be over so they could go to VI for lunch. LOL. I got bored with it....I'm not one to sit and sing songs at meetings. Just wasn't my bag!!! But I do know it works....my mother-inlaw has been a member for many many years...she is a KOPS..."Keeping Wait Off Sensibly". At the beginning of every meeting, we stood and had to say the Tops pledge....don't you dare ask me to repeat it either....:dizzy:

leahruthie
09-12-2009, 10:51 PM
haha sounds fun :) ironically, after i weigh in on saturdays, my mom and i go to VI for breakfast!! i only have two poached eggs and a little bit of wheat toast, though. OH and my one cup of coffee for the week. yummm! and i get to watch her eat what i would normally get: a veggie omelet, fruit, and multigrain pancakes. siiiiiiigh!

Phat not Fat
09-13-2009, 02:45 PM
I bet we were there at the same time.... I was the one coughing up a storm while waiting for WI. In lime green top and white capris. I know....where was my Big Red T-SHirt???

FL, I was sitting to your left Saturday morning! You said you caught your bug from...a granddaughter, maybe? I was in black shorts and a tan/black/white striped shirt. What a small world!

-- JJ

Fifties Lady
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
FL, I was sitting to your left Saturday morning! You said you caught your bug from...a granddaughter, maybe? I was in black shorts and a tan/black/white striped shirt. What a small world!

-- JJ

OMG....isn't that too funny. Excuse me for not introducing myself.

I was so embarassed because I couldn't stop coughing and I knew everyone was wondering wth I was there spreading my germs!!! I was hoping so much that is wasn't going to be busy, and I would just run in and get it over fast. I caught the cold from my mother inlaw's great granddaughter....at this time I have no granddaughter...but I sure do have my fingers crossed.

Next time we will have to chat. I do remember you sitting next to me though. That is remarkable. We almost ran into Leah too!!!:carrot:

Phat not Fat
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM
OMG....isn't that too funny. Excuse me for not introducing myself.

I was so embarassed because I couldn't stop coughing and I knew everyone was wondering wth I was there spreading my germs!!! I was hoping so much that is wasn't going to be busy, and I would just run in and get it over fast. I caught the cold from my mother inlaw's great granddaughter....at this time I have no granddaughter...but I sure do have my fingers crossed.

Next time we will have to chat. I do remember you sitting next to me though. That is remarkable. We almost ran into Leah too!!!

I normally WI later on Saturdays. Perhaps I'll change my schedule so we can chat! This is so cool! Isn't technology a wonderful thing? : )

Fifties Lady
09-13-2009, 04:27 PM
I normally WI later on Saturdays. Perhaps I'll change my schedule so we can chat! This is so cool! Isn't technology a wonderful thing? : )

Yes it is...we had to go all the way through cyberspace to finally meet. I normally don't weigh in on Saturdays, but I may have to start now. Someday maybe you, Leah and I could go for lunch after WI. Also, that is an invite to any Lincolnites....or maybe just a nice walk through Holmes and maybe a Fall picnic. :hug:

lookinfine09
09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Yes it is...we had to go all the way through cyberspace to finally meet. I normally don't weigh in on Saturdays, but I may have to start now. Someday maybe you, Leah and I could go for lunch after WI. Also, that is an invite to any Lincolnites....or maybe just a nice walk through Holmes and maybe a Fall picnic. :hug:

I don't normally weigh in on Saturdays, but if you ladies decide to go for a walk or breakfast/lunch sometime, I'd totally invite myself along. It would be nice to visit!

daizy hotrocks
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I just saw this thread and wanted to join... since its almost the middle of the month, my weight loss goal is 6 lbs.

My non-weight goals are:
to drink at least 100 oz of water a day.
start the CP5K.
lift weights 2 times per week.
only make Metabolic choices the rest of the month.

Good Luck everyone!!!

TeresaG
09-14-2009, 06:59 PM
You ladies from NE are a hoot. I love to real all your posts, just don't have much time these days.

Lori, you always know what to say to everyone. I'm thinking maybe I should come to you for some tutoring in my psychology class.

Everyone, you are doing a great job towards your September goal. As of this morning, I'm halfway there. I have 4 lbs to go before I can sign the 50 lb board. Not sure if I can make it by Saturday or not, but I'm sure going to give it a good try.

Karen1234
09-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I just saw this thread and wanted to join... since its almost the middle of the month, my weight loss goal is 6 lbs.

My non-weight goals are:
to drink at least 100 oz of water a day.
start the CP5K.
lift weights 2 times per week.
only make Metabolic choices the rest of the month.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Great goals daizy!

leahruthie
09-14-2009, 11:23 PM
nebraskans are made for fun, donchaknow. ;)

i'm getting nervous about making my september goal but i'm not gonna give up! and even if i don't make it to 179 by the end of the month, i have an overarching goal to be 175 before i go to mexico on october 14, so that oughta be doable. just gotta stay away from the temptations.... easier said than done, though. eek.

missymo
09-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Just starting... hoping for 6lbs by Oct 1st ;)

Fifties Lady
09-15-2009, 12:00 AM
You ladies from NE are a hoot. I love to real all your posts, just don't have much time these days.

Lori, you always know what to say to everyone. I'm thinking maybe I should come to you for some tutoring in my psychology class.

Everyone, you are doing a great job towards your September goal. As of this morning, I'm halfway there. I have 4 lbs to go before I can sign the 50 lb board. Not sure if I can make it by Saturday or not, but I'm sure going to give it a good try.

Teresa...4 pounds to go...that is fabulous...great job. :carrot: Good luck next Saturday. I'm shooting for the 20 pound board....:dizzy:

leahruthie
09-15-2009, 12:06 AM
shoot, half a pound ain't no thang FL! :) you can do it!! and then i'll look for your name this time! ;)

wait... i do not know you as any other than fifties lady!!! you're going to have to sign the board like that.

Fifties Lady
09-15-2009, 12:30 AM
shoot, half a pound ain't no thang FL! :) you can do it!! and then i'll look for your name this time! ;)

wait... i do not know you as any other than fifties lady!!! you're going to have to sign the board like that.

How funny...you wouldn't would you....I will sign it and give you a clue....watch for it....:hug:

daizy hotrocks
09-15-2009, 01:47 PM
I started CP5K!!! Yay... it felt great too.

I talked with th counselors last night at WI and they recomended not lifting weights yet... just to focus on cardio, so I asked about Yoga and it doesn't count against the 200 minutes per week. My gym offers 4 classes I can attend and then a combo Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi class on Saturdays. I actually did a Yoga class before I ran last night and I am feeling my muscles react to the Yoga. Very happy to be back into the gym.

Phat not Fat
09-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I thought I was doing so good this week...100% OP. Ate a bison burger for lunch and it's been sitting like a hockey puck all afternoon. Was up 1 lb at WI after work. Oh well, more crunches and squats tonight! Saturday will be better, I'm sure!

Good luck to everyone!

Karen1234
09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Just starting... hoping for 6lbs by Oct 1st ;)

Welcome Missymo..
You'll find so much help and support here... Good Luck on your journey!!
Karen

kimtpa
09-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Just came back from WI -- Down a pound for a total of 11 in 3 weeks and I'm 11 inches smaller!:woohoo:

I am hoping to hit 15# gone by the end of the month, guess we'll see who wins me or the scale... and I hope it's me!

Phat not Fat
09-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Way to go, Kim! Regardless of the end result, you'll still be a winner!

funshine
09-18-2009, 02:26 PM
My loss seems so slow to me. I just read a suggestion to only do creamies once a week and cut out meal bars. I'm going to try it to see if it speeds things up. :?:

leahruthie
09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
mine seem super-slow, too! it's been six weeks and i'm still only at 12 pounds. (well, i guess my scale at home says 16, so i guess we'll see on saturday morning, but still!)

i think giving up creamies would be soooo hard, though. and hard cheese, since that's pretty much the only breakfast protein i eat...

noahsmama
09-20-2009, 03:20 PM
I honestly have been very reluctant to post a goal because the month of August was terribly frustrating/trying month for me. I'd like to say 10 pounds but with losing 7 pounds in the month of August..I have no idea what my body is up to! So I'll say that I'd like to be in the 150's range by October. My 'paid' program ends on 10/5 and I know I won't be at my goal weight by then but we'll see what September holds!

I have to admit something. I was so afraid of failing at this that I took my September ticker out of my signature. But, I do believe I may hit the 150's (barely though) by October. My home scale said 160.4 this morning. I couldn't believe it. I guess my body has finally decided to come out of hibernation and let me start losing again! Thank goodness because I was getting a little worried there for a long time.

Fifties Lady
09-20-2009, 03:29 PM
I have to admit something. I was so afraid of failing at this that I took my September ticker out of my signature. But, I do believe I may hit the 150's (barely though) by October. My home scale said 160.4 this morning. I couldn't believe it. I guess my body has finally decided to come out of hibernation and let me start losing again! Thank goodness because I was getting a little worried there for a long time.

Noahsmama, well that was a long dirty trick your body played on you. So glad you are back on the downslide again. I am so glad you hung in there, it would have been so easy to throw in the towel. I too am hoping my plateau doesn't last long. I think the flu set me back along with the loss of my FIL. So this week, It's going to be following the plan to a TEE. :carrot:

leahruthie
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
i don't think i'm going to make my goal in the next 10 days (6 pounds to go, lol) but i'm going to get as close as i can! i still call it a win, though. ;)

Lori123321
09-20-2009, 04:09 PM
i don't think i'm going to make my goal in the next 10 days (6 pounds to go, lol) but i'm going to get as close as i can! i still call it a win, though. ;)

No matter what the number says on 10/1, you is a winner to me!:D

leahruthie
09-20-2009, 04:30 PM
heeee, thank you!! i feel very winnery, especially after wearing such little jeans all day yesterday hehe :P

Fifties Lady
09-20-2009, 06:53 PM
heeee, thank you!! i feel very winnery, especially after wearing such little jeans all day yesterday hehe :P

Leahruthie....I sure hope you didn't bust out the seams yesterday after watching that darn game!!! What a letdown that was. We had sirloin steaks planned after the game, and it really too the wind our of our sails that either one of us felt like eating. Well, for at least an hour after the game, then somehow we got our appetite back. :?:

cmb9697
09-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Great job so everyone! Lori is right, so even if I fall short of my goal weight, I'll take it as a win because any loss is a win! Here's wishing everyone a great OP week!

Carla B.

misskim
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi Everybody! Happy to have found you! I'll need the support... seems like a long journey ahead. Enrolled 9/8, and started beige menu on 9/13. Down 12.5 already... all I've read about plateaus makes me pretty confident I'll see one this week just to kick things off! Won't panic... assume it'll last a week and a half.

I was already exercising lots, so that part has been easy, though I've kicked out a couple days on my Crosstrainer (LifeFitness elliptical machine) in favor of the Wii Fit, which I finally allowed my kiddo to bring into the living room. You'd think my legs were already in good shape from the Crosstrainer for a couple of months... I'm now sore in muscles that apparently don't get exercised on the Crosstrainer!

Looking forward to finding some inspiration here!!! I think I've read every thread in the MRC forum already! Goal date: End of February.

MissKim

leahruthie
09-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Leahruthie....I sure hope you didn't bust out the seams yesterday after watching that darn game!!! What a letdown that was. We had sirloin steaks planned after the game, and it really too the wind our of our sails that either one of us felt like eating. Well, for at least an hour after the game, then somehow we got our appetite back. :?:

oh my gosh, no kidding!!! i was glad we had the birthday cake BEFORE the game, because i don't think i would've been able to pass up a huge slice after that devastating loss. they really played some amazing defense for most of the game, though; the last two minutes just unraveled. ugh.

angelofsc
09-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I've posted to the site but I sm still on point. I weighed in on Saturday and was down 5 lbs. I am only .5lbs away from signing the 30 lbs board which I look forward to doing this week. And I am only 2 lbs away from my September goal. I am so happy and pleased with what I've done with myself. I am looking for to another big number on the scale. Well good luck and have a good OP this week.

lookinfine09
09-21-2009, 02:49 PM

Girl....put that ticker back out there! You'll get there...you have 10 days yet. I've been missing your comments out here! We are roughly the same weight, height and you have been a huge inspriation to me.

noahsmama
09-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Girl....put that ticker back out there! You'll get there...you have 10 days yet. I've been missing your comments out here! We are roughly the same weight, height and you have been a huge inspriation to me.

I did it and thank you! We'll see what the next 9 days hold for me. I feel better and I think that has a huge part to do with it! Thanks for making me get over myself and put myself out there again! We can kick this weight off!:kickcan:

cmb9697
09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Looking forward to finding some inspiration here!!! I think I've read every thread in the MRC forum already! Goal date: End of February.

MissKim

Hi MissKim! Where in Central FL are you? :wave:

Karen1234
09-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I've posted to the site but I sm still on point. I weighed in on Saturday and was down 5 lbs. I am only .5lbs away from signing the 30 lbs board which I look forward to doing this week. And I am only 2 lbs away from my September goal. I am so happy and pleased with what I've done with myself. I am looking for to another big number on the scale. Well good luck and have a good OP this week.

Wow, 5 lbs! That's great angelofsc, keep up the good work, you'll be signing that 30 lb board in no time for sure :0)

Hi Everybody! Happy to have found you! I'll need the support... seems like a long journey ahead. Enrolled 9/8, and started beige menu on 9/13. Down 12.5 already... all I've read about plateaus makes me pretty confident I'll see one this week just to kick things off! Won't panic... assume it'll last a week and a half.

I was already exercising lots, so that part has been easy, though I've kicked out a couple days on my Crosstrainer (LifeFitness elliptical machine) in favor of the Wii Fit, which I finally allowed my kiddo to bring into the living room. You'd think my legs were already in good shape from the Crosstrainer for a couple of months... I'm now sore in muscles that apparently don't get exercised on the Crosstrainer!

MissKim

Welcome misskim,
you've got a great attitude that will carry you through... congrats on that 12.5 lbs lost!

Oh Noahsmama,
You make me so sad having taking down your sept goal ticker... I'm so glad you put it back up... boy can we be hard on ourselves sometimes, I don't think I'll meet my September goal either but I sure am learning alot about myself in the process... Congrats on making that scale move again :0)

Noahsmama, well that was a long dirty trick your body played on you. So glad you are back on the downslide again. I am so glad you hung in there, it would have been so easy to throw in the towel. I too am hoping my plateau doesn't last long. I think the flu set me back along with the loss of my FIL. So this week, It's going to be following the plan to a TEE. :carrot:

Hey FL,
The flu will make you stall for sure... your body was putting all it's energy into getting you better and wasn't willing to give up any of the weight in the process... Glad you're feeling better!

lookinfine09
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I did it and thank you! We'll see what the next 9 days hold for me. I feel better and I think that has a huge part to do with it! Thanks for making me get over myself and put myself out there again! We can kick this weight off!:kickcan:

YES WE CAN! You are an amazing woman and have come so far on your weight loss journey. I'm glad you feel better. :carrot:

daizy hotrocks
09-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh my! So at WI Friday I was 150 AGAIN and was not happy. My counselor was excited about me loosing 3 lbs... baisically I had gained and lost the same 3 lbs so many times I acutally thought I was already at 150 so when I saw 150 again it was disapointing. I was also disapointed that I had gained and lost it enough times that its ridiculous!

So this is it!!! No more 150's!!! I will WI today and it better be in the 140's. I want to see those 3 lbs gone forever!

kimtpa
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi MissKim! Where in Central FL are you? :wave:

Gee I thought that i was the only one out here from Florida...

shopgirl
09-21-2009, 09:02 PM

Hey, there---I agree, you have been an inspiration to me and many others! Glad you put your ticker back on! :)

Quick question for you.....I saw your inches lost and wondered if you were taking the CortiTrim. I'm thinking about starting it. I take ADWL/MRC6 and one of the ladies suggested CortiTrim for me. Thought I'd get through my first month and then add it. Thx for your thoughts!

noahsmama
09-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey, there---I agree, you have been an inspiration to me and many others! Glad you put your ticker back on! :)

Quick question for you.....I saw your inches lost and wondered if you were taking the CortiTrim. I'm thinking about starting it. I take ADWL/MRC6 and one of the ladies suggested CortiTrim for me. Thought I'd get through my first month and then add it. Thx for your thoughts!

Thank you :o I am currently taking CortiTrim and MRC-6. I stopped it for a couple months and then wanted to try it again to see if it would make a difference with my slowed loss and it may be coincidence...but my losses have increased finally! I also took the ADWL off/on and have decided not to buy it again.
YES WE CAN! You are an amazing woman and have come so far on your weight loss journey. I'm glad you feel better. :carrot:

Great you ladies are so wonderful! You are amazing too. I remember looking to ladies on here as my 'mentors' if you will and miss seeing their regular posts, but realize that their in a different stage of their loss because they're done losing and I want to be there soon!!! I was so down on myself and am just feeling much better. I've got my head back in the game. I mean come on, I'm a size 10 and wearing a size M shirt..and I've got another dress size or 2 to go!! I LOVE being able to pick up a size 10 off the rack and not having to worry about whether it'll fit. My only problem now is length :)

Oh Noahsmama,
You make me so sad having taking down your sept goal ticker... I'm so glad you put it back up... boy can we be hard on ourselves sometimes, I don't think I'll meet my September goal either but I sure am learning alot about myself in the process... Congrats on making that scale move again :0)

Thank you Therapist Karen! You and Lori and FL are so amazing with your words. I don't feel I can ever say what you ladies say so eloquently!! I know I was beating myself up and just was baffled as to why I wasn't losing what I thought I should be losing. But hopefully I'll see the 150-something before the end of the week..I hope any way!!

Thanks again ladies, you have just made my evening!!!

Fifties Lady
09-21-2009, 11:25 PM
I thought this was interesting from the South Beach Diet hints:

Daily Dish
Standoff With the Scale

Don't be discouraged if your weight fluctuates day by day. Shifts in water weight, constipation, and even the food you just ate can influence the daily changes you see on the scale.

Daily weight changes are particularly common during Phase 1, when your body is adjusting to the new way of eating. You may also notice that you weigh more immediately after a meal. This is due to the actual weight of the food! Remember that it takes time for your body to digest what you’ve eaten, and it can take a couple of days for weight loss or weight gain to register on the scale. To avoid confusion and disappointment, weigh yourself only once a week. Let how much healthier you feel and how your clothes are fitting become the measure of your weight-loss success.

Lori123321
09-22-2009, 05:03 AM
Hi everyone,
Good to hear from you! Great job on the 5 lbs. That 0.5 lbs will disappear quick and you will sign that board before you know it!

Congrats on not letting that little moment of doubt keep you down for long. You are such a beautiful couragous woman. Take these next few days and wring all you can out of them!

daizy hotrocks
09-22-2009, 01:22 PM
I am still 150 after WI yesterday. I think I have hit my first plateau. I am still working on 100 oz of water a day and going to do w1d3 of cp5k tonight. I had some knee pain so I didn't want to push it but I am actually missing the gym.

funshine
09-22-2009, 03:11 PM
To avoid confusion and disappointment, weigh yourself only once a week. Let how much healthier you feel and how your clothes are fitting become the measure of your weight-loss success.

I so wish I had the strength to weigh myself only once a week! It's like the scale magnetically pulls me to it in the morning when I get up. I don't want any surprises when I at WI at the center. ;)

noahsmama
09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I so wish I had the strength to weigh myself only once a week! It's like the scale magnetically pulls me to it in the morning when I get up. I don't want any surprises when I at WI at the center. ;)

I know exactly what you mean and feel the exact same way! I even tell myself, 'don't weight today' but yea right. I always do it no matter what :)

leahruthie
09-22-2009, 03:32 PM
i weigh myself a billion times per day, lol--when i wake up, before and after going to the bathroom (LOL), after a workout, before bed.... i'm a scale-a-holic. and i don't really pay much attention to what it says, because i know weight fluctuates a pound or two throughout the course of the day, but it keeps me on the right track and also reminds me that i'm down 15 pounds. :)

Fifties Lady
09-22-2009, 06:38 PM

I know exactly what you mean and feel the exact same way! I even tell myself, 'don't weight today' but yea right. I always do it no matter what :)

i weigh myself a billion times per day, lol--when i wake up, before and after going to the bathroom (LOL), after a workout, before bed.... i'm a scale-a-holic. and i don't really pay much attention to what it says, because i know weight fluctuates a pound or two throughout the course of the day, but it keeps me on the right track and also reminds me that i'm down 15 pounds. :)

I live by the scale too. I have for years. I know when I went on SB Diet, I had to put my scale up for two weeks....I was so surprised when I weighed myself with the loss. But then with SB, I wasn't having to go face a counselor twice a week. I have to know what I weigh each day....if I'm up or down, it doesn't make me eat and different. Except I do drink less water just before I WI.:smug:

noahsmama
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
So here it is the last day of September and I'm in the 150's, but barely. I've been between 159-160 for the past 8 days and am just VERY frustrated. I so wanted to be done with this program by the time theys aid I would be (10/5) but it's just not going to happen and at the rate I'm losing now, it's going to be another 5-6 WEEKS...ARGH. I'm so frustrated right now. So I suppose I fulfilled my challenge..sort of. We'll see what October holds. I had hoped to be starting stablization soon but it doesn't appear that that's going to happen any tme soon.

Fifties Lady
09-30-2009, 10:56 PM
So here it is the last day of September and I'm in the 150's, but barely. I've been between 159-160 for the past 8 days and am just VERY frustrated. I so wanted to be done with this program by the time theys aid I would be (10/5) but it's just not going to happen and at the rate I'm losing now, it's going to be another 5-6 WEEKS...ARGH. I'm so frustrated right now. So I suppose I fulfilled my challenge..sort of. We'll see what October holds. I had hoped to be starting stablization soon but it doesn't appear that that's going to happen any tme soon.

Hello Noahs Mama, It is so frustrating, and you are so very close. Did you hit a plateau shortly after you joined? I'm just wondering how many times you hit a plateau, because it is so very discouraging. What happens when you aren't at goal when your time runs out? Do you have to pay for more weeks? I guess I'm just trying to prepare myself in what is next after your time is up. Take care.:?:

reuselady
10-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Hello Noahs Mama, It is so frustrating, and you are so very close. Did you hit a plateau shortly after you joined? I'm just wondering how many times you hit a plateau, because it is so very discouraging. What happens when you aren't at goal when your time runs out? Do you have to pay for more weeks? I guess I'm just trying to prepare myself in what is next after your time is up. Take care.:?:

I was told if you have been doing what you were told to do - HNSs, vit and EFA, Connections Classes (we're required to attend 6), twice weekly weigh-ins with food diary, etc. and have not gotten to goal, your contract can be extended. Just heresay on my part, check you contract - it may tell there. jeanette

lookinfine09
10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
When I signed up in May, my goal date was 9/7 and I was to be at 145. I'm hovering just above 150 and here we are 10/1. I went to the required class, I have weighed in twice every week and kept a food sheet, taken my vitamins, etc. They haven't mentioned that I need to be paying for more. I have been told that since I've done what they have asked me, they will see me through to my goal weight. I have had my stabilization meeting, but have decided not to start it until I'm at my goal weight. I was hoping to be done by now, but that isn't happening. Maybe I'll be started by the end of October???? One can only hope. I have plateaued around ever 10 pounds lost. TOM doesn't help either. I was on a roll with the first 30 pounds, I was losing 10 pounds a month...but August hit and I've lost a total of 11 pounds through August and Sept combined. I'm guessing part of it is because I'm getting closer to goal and my body doesn't want to let go of my fat stores...at least that's how I'm justifying it in my mind.

jeweliek
10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
are you going to do a Oct. challenge. I want to play!!!