Weight Loss Support - Realizations

View Full Version : Realizations

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 11:50 AM
As odd as this may seem, just today...just now..I realized that I can actually reach my goal and it is a wonderful, wonderful feeling.

What have you realized about yourself doing your journey?

goodday
08-03-2009, 12:45 PM
ive realized that it doesnt matter if i fall down 1000 times, if i pick myself up 1001. and ive realized that i alone am responsible for my choices, and for my successes and failures. its a lot of power to have! but i like it ;)

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Good for you :D :carrot: :hug:

EveLHaelf
08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Nice new s/n Michelle! I had to double take when I saw it. :D

I've realized that I need to just stop OBSESSING when I am trying to lose weight. I need to be calm, forgiving, and committed! I can't wait to make it to onederland like you! :yes:

beerab
08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Your progress pictures are awesome girl you look wonderful :D

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice new s/n Michelle! I had to double take when I saw it. :D

I've realized that I need to just stop OBSESSING when I am trying to lose weight. I need to be calm, forgiving, and committed! I can't wait to make it to onederland like you! :yes:

Thank you so much!!

Great realizations! Congrats! You will be in onederland before you know it :hug:

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Your progress pictures are awesome girl you look wonderful :D

Aww thank you!! *blush* :D :hug:

TXJess
08-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I've realized I feel better when I exercise. Strength training is awesome but even a long walk is good.

Also, I'm not a failure if life throws a curve ball and I don't eat perfect for a few days. Sometimes it's out of your hands what is around to eat or very difficult to get good food (funerals and family vacations ugh!). The one thing I know I am in control of is getting back on plan.

The one realization that makes me a little bummed but still determined is that this isn't rocket science and I should have done it YEARS ago.

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Bravo TXJess :cheer2:

I agree with the last and always ask myself why oh why did I wait so long so I can understand :hug:

roundpeg
08-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I have realized that I have more shaving to do, now that I can see and reach everything better!!

:o

jendiet
08-03-2009, 01:58 PM
lol...I thought we had another chic on here. Congrats Onederchic! I love it!

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I have realized that I have more shaving to do, now that I can see and reach everything better!!

:o

Love this and can definitely relate :rofl: :hug:

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
lol...I thought we had another chic on here. Congrats Onederchic! I love it!

Hehe, thanks Jennifer :D :hug:

ruby2sday
08-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I realized how fortunate and blessed I am in many ways.

I am lucky to have found 3FC all those years ago. Each day that I come here I know that I am not alone in this. Someone else has gone through this, or is going through it now.

I am blessed that my body has not let me down, even though I have not cared for it and let it down terribly.

I am fortunate to finally realize this is a true journey, and to have the strength to know that I can do this.

It may take me a while, but I will get there ! :)

BTW Michelle .. Love your new pic and user name. Congrats again! You really are a serious inspiration for so many of us here.

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Amazing, amazing ruby2sday!! :hug::hug:

Thank you so very much!! That really does mean a lot to me :hug:

georgiad
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I've realised that it isn't going to magically happen, and that if I want it to happen, I have to make it happen, and that includes working hard, a lot of planning, a lot of self-discipline, but that the rewards at the end will truly be worth it.

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Good for you, georgiad! That is awesome :D :hug:

LisaF
08-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I've realized that...

- clothes don't have to be a solid color, patterns aren't evil, and experimenting with color can be fun
- there's a whole lot of jewelry out there, and some of it is really awesome
- the only problem food can solve is hunger
- I am in charge of a lot more areas of my life than I thought
- bathing suit shopping will be a horrible experience at any size (so I shouldn't blame the horrible-ness of it on my weight!)

and finally...

- I'm capable of accomplishing extraordinary things if I really want to

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Hallelujah! That is awesme LisaF!! :hug:

UniquelyNormal
08-04-2009, 09:52 AM
I am not a victim. The only one that can save me is me. I am worth saving.

Eumie
08-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I realized that it's okay if I"m obsessive about the weight loss process. If it gets me to where I'm going more successfully than trying to do it on the fly, than so be it.

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
I am not a victim. The only one that can save me is me. I am worth saving.

OMG!! Love it and it is sooo true! :hug:

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I realized that it's okay if I"m obsessive about the weight loss process. If it gets me to where I'm going more successfully than trying to do it on the fly, than so be it.

Good for you :D :hug:

kisskisskill
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
I've realized that I refuse to live the rest of my life overweight, unhealthy and unhappy.

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Great, kisskisskill! :hug:

Sunnigummi
08-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I just realized I need to think positively and not let my scale weight influence my mood for the day. I check my weight daily (it helps keep me on track) and if I go up a lb then I get upset and think it's useless. If I lose a lb, then I get happy and think I can eat extra. This last part I need to overcome.

I also realized that I LOVE playing tennis. Who would've thought? I kinda hated it in high school when I played it for, um, a day. Mostly because I was really bad at it and now I'm better so I love it... hehe.

One more realization: I can't have a good workout and then eat anything and everything in sight. I have always been an overeater and thought exercise could overcome it, but I'm realizing that I need to adopt portion control as a lifetime policy/change.

That's my self-wisdom for today. Hee. :D

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I just realized I need to think positively and not let my scale weight influence my mood for the day. I check my weight daily (it helps keep me on track) and if I go up a lb then I get upset and think it's useless. If I lose a lb, then I get happy and think I can eat extra. This last part I need to overcome.

I also realized that I LOVE playing tennis. Who would've thought? I kinda hated it in high school when I played it for, um, a day. Mostly because I was really bad at it and now I'm better so I love it... hehe.

One more realization: I can't have a good workout and then eat anything and everything in sight. I have always been an overeater and thought exercise could overcome it, but I'm realizing that I need to adopt portion control as a lifetime policy/change.

That's my self-wisdom for today. Hee. :D

That use to be me until I finally decided enough is enough and stopped letting that scale control me so good for you!! :hug::hug:

Aclai4067
08-04-2009, 10:59 AM
While I logically know I can reach my goal, I don't think I've really realized it yet. It doesn't feel like something that's going to happen. It feels like buying a lottery ticket and hoping. But that doesn't mean I'm giving up. I'm following my logic instead of my emtions for once

Oh, and I realized that healthy food doesn't have to feel like punishment

Sunnigummi
08-04-2009, 11:01 AM
That use to be me until I finally decided enough is enough and stopped letting that scale control me so good for you!! :hug::hug:

So, I'm going to be nosy: Do you check your weight once a week? How do you keep on track, then? Just take it meal by meal and workout by workout? I find I get off-track much faster if I don't check everyday...just wondering how you did it. Told you I'd be nosy. :p

Aclai4067
08-04-2009, 11:05 AM

Heck yeah! me too

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 11:13 AM
So, I'm going to be nosy: Do you check your weight once a week? How do you keep on track, then? Just take it meal by meal and workout by workout? I find I get off-track much faster if I don't check everyday...just wondering how you did it. Told you I'd be nosy. :p

Honestly, I weigh myself whenever the urge hits me. I use to weigh obsessively before, like 15-20 times a day and I would drive myself bonkers over it.

I use a program on my computer called Weight by Date to track my weight, measurements, food and exercise but I also just recently started using sparkpeople.com again. It is VERY helpful to track and plan, in my opinion.

whitneyallison
08-04-2009, 01:06 PM
I've tried to lose weight a million times a million ways. On Sunday I hooked up my wii, got out the wii fit and just worked out. I did it again today and am realizing that working out is not torture and that I can do this! I've lost close to 20 pounds in the last three months simply by not eating so much crap. With some conscious effort I can really do this!

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Woo whitneyallison :cheer2: :hug:

Stella
08-04-2009, 03:00 PM
That I can do it without feeling hard done by because I cannot have all the things I want to have. :-)

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Excellent Stella :cheer2:

Mikayla
08-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I have learned that I am responsible for my own actions. Most of what happens to me is directly related to what I did or didn't do(this spills over to other areas of life) This also applies to everyone. I really believe now that if a person doesn't like their situation, it can be changed, they can change it, there is almost always a way.

kittycat40
08-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Michelle, sorry to hijack, but I just want you to know how much I enjoy seeing your smile on your avatar. You are glowing with pride and joy!!
And reading your posts is bonus :)

Onederchic
08-05-2009, 07:58 AM
I have learned that I am responsible for my own actions. Most of what happens to me is directly related to what I did or didn't do(this spills over to other areas of life) This also applies to everyone. I really believe now that if a person doesn't like their situation, it can be changed, they can change it, there is almost always a way.

Excellent Mikayla! Thanks for sharing with us :hug:

Onederchic
08-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Michelle, sorry to hijack, but I just want you to know how much I enjoy seeing your smile on your avatar. You are glowing with pride and joy!!
And reading your posts is bonus :)

kittycat40 -

I have been awake maybe 5 minutes. Still on my first cup of coffee. Yet, this post has already brightened my day and put a smile on my face. You are so very sweet. Thank you from the bottom of my heart :hug::hug:

Jacquie668
08-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Lets see...what have I realized lately.

Well I've realized that it is high time I start living my life, getting closer to my life goals, and STOP fussing about my weight and dieting. I am more happy when I am just living a healthy life and being active than when I fuss about and trying to appease the weight loss gods. Not only that I actually loose more weight when I'm enjoying my life rather than fixating on working harder to loose pounds!

I still have a lot to learn about life and myself and a lot to work through, but I'm starting to get that when I'm in my "zen moments" I am happier, healthier, and moving, moving, moving and isn't that what a healthy lifestyle is all about? When I'm fixated on diet, exercise, routine, and weight loss I am grumpy, annoyed, tired, and negative. Hmph.

Onederchic
08-05-2009, 08:47 AM
That is just awesome Jacquie668!! :hug: