Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default No Excuses! Maintainer's food and exercise accountability 6/29-7/5

Starting the thread a bit late this week . . .

First today, then I'll come back with a weekend recap.

Monday:
B - shredded wheat, strawberries, blueberries, skim milk
S - peach, apricot
L - zucchini basil lasagna
S - apple, yogurt/blueberries/granola, slice of bread
D - veg basil gazpacho, roll
S - glass of milk
E - bootcamp

Last edited by paperclippy; 06-30-2009 at 09:11 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #2  
slow and steady

Weekend recap:

Saturday:
B - shredded oats, skim milk, blueberries
L - supermarket sushi: 1 rice paper spring roll, 4 spicy tuna maki, 3 bbq eel maki
S - I don't remember, did I eat anything?
D - elk burger w/little bit of cheese, ketchup, bun, grilled vegetables, sweet potato fries (baked), half a beer
S - square of semisweet chocolate, chocolate covered banana half
E - none in particular

Sunday:
"B" (not sure I can call it "breakfast" at 11am) - lite flat-out wrap w/red pepper hummus and grilled veggies
L - leftover elk burger w/cheese, ketchup, bun
S - ice cream
D - zucchini basil lasagna (cooking light), garlic bread
S - ice cream
E - 3 mile bike ride
Old 06-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #3  
Workin' It

I don't even want to do a weekend recap, but I will... later...

Today:
E: treadmill as soon as I step foot in the door
B: kashi go lean, coffee, golden graham s'mores from yesterday's Father's Day party
S: oatmeal with raisins
L: grilled chicken on wheat, lettuce tomato
S: kashi go lean again I think
D: white turkey enchiladas, rice, probably chips and salsa
S: maybe none, maybe more of the cake left over from the weekend's festivities, maybe nothing if I feel all squishy

ETA:
Back for my weekend recap.

Saturday:
No exercise
B: think thin bar, coffee
S: 1 handful of popcorn at the movies
L: 1/2 southern chicken sandwich & non-fat mocha from McDonald's on the way to baby shower
S: baby shower... chicken tender, two boneless buffalo wings, three meatballs, some grapes and a strawberry, 1/2 of a stuffed shell, red velvet cupcake
D: spaghetti with hunts traditional sauce

Sunday... here is where it gets really bad.
E: an hour in the pool with DSS
B: kashi go lean crunch in lowfat vanilla yogurt with blueberries & raspberries, coffee
S: two sugared blackberries, small chocolate chip cookie (stopped by my grandmother's on the way to Father's Day party...)
L: pork chop, asparagus, mixed salad with fruit, roll
S: 1 square of golden grahams s'mores, three strawberry cheesecake bites (Robin's recipe), non-fat iced mocha again...
D: chips & salsa, 3 fish tacos - small soft taco tortillas, grilled tilapis, red cabbage, pico, no other sauces
S: 1 svg "Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road" (new Ben & Jerry's flavor), slice of white chocolate cake - because one wasn't bad enough by itself at 10 pm...

I have a slice of caramel cake, three strawberries from Robin's recipe and s'mores still left at my house. I'm trying to decide if I want to eat some of the cake tonight and then start over clean tomorrow or chuck it all right now. This is seriously good, homeade from a fancy bakery cake that I have probably three-four times per year. I might eat it and start over tomorrow. Heck, I'm already at redline from the binging this weekend so far, will one more slice of cake kill me? My big question I have to answer is if the cake tonight can be it or if things will go crazy from here... We'll have to see...

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 06-29-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys, I've been absent from the thread a few weeks. Still living on plan, but doing that gentle "slip and slide."

Jason and I went to the Wild Animal Park this weekend and he took a picture of me that I did NOT like. It's time to get serious again! I really need to lose this 4-5 lbs that's been bugging me for a YEAR. My goal is under 130 by my 40th birthday on August 14. I brought my workout clothes, but I can't find my headphones, so I'm not sure if I'll work out or not.

B - Trader Joe's non fat Greek yogurt with honey, sliced strawberries (200 calories)

L - big salad, green leaf lettuce, purple cabbage, red onion, shredded carrots, chicken, a little Trader Joe's cranberry walnut vinaigrette (400 calories)

S - 2 Wasa crackers, laughing cow cheese (120 calories)

S - cocoa (50 calories)

S - cherries (150 calories)

D - Parmesan chicken with Trader Joe's low fat marinara, over steamed broccoli (400 calories)

S - if I'm hungry, I'll have a little sliced cantelope (100 calories)

Last edited by Glory87; 06-29-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi!

Had a CRAZY weekend. I won't say the food was good (but it was not all-out/unconscious eating, either...but when your FIL designed a hotspot Italian restaurant and the chef offers to make you a tasting menu, you taste. You taste all 9 courses with NO regrets), but I exercised 3 of 4 days, and only had one off plan meal, tops, per day. Came back and the scale is not so badly scary!

Today -

B - Went to breakfast before leaving, was an ordering rockstar...Egg white scramble with broccoli, asparagus, and grilled chicken breast, fruit cup, half english muffin with no butter, half tsp of blackberry jam.
S - McD's ice cream cone
S - 5 broccoli spears, 2 tsp hummus
D - Giant grilled chicken and mixed veggie salad with fat free chipotle sour cream ranch-based dressing, 1.5 ounce piece of sourdough
S - NSA Ice Cream, berries

E - CRAZY hill walk/run - 1 hr.

Weekend Recap:
Saturday:
B - Egg white frittata with chicken breast, caramelized onions, 1 reduced fat Bisquick biscuit (110 calories for the biscuit).
L - Chipotle bowl - Greens, half a portion of black beans, barbacoa, fajita veggies, and some salsa. The rest of the group got chips and guac but I didn't have any, knowing the big meal was coming up.
D - Aforementioned 9 course tasting menu. Again, no regrets. I stopped when I got full, but I did taste everything. And had a LOT of wine.
E - Hiked Runyan Canyon, and did a lot of mall walking

Sunday:
B - Dim Sum - 8 small dumplings, 1 cup green beans, 1/2 cup singapore rice cakes, half a sesame seed steamed bun.
S - Abstained from alcohol in a BAR (I know! Club soda and lime, because I knew I'd indulged quite enough the night before), but the group did order some chicken nachos and I ate about 3/4 cup.
D - Homemade paella, about 1 1/3 cups worth, salad, 1 ounce bread, half glass of wine. The paella was made not-so-unhealthy with chicken breast, chicken sausage, and reduced oil amounts. And it was tasty!
S - Nonfat frozen yogurt w/ fruit and 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips
E - Nothing formal, but we did two museums, so that's a lot of walking.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #6  
No description available.

Throw away the cake, Shannon! You had your taste of it! Do you like it enough to carry around on your hips for a few days?

Glory, I say this to be supportive: not having headphones is NOT a good reason to not workout. I know music makes it better (you exercise on a treadmill, right?), but.....

Of course consider that this advice is coming from someone who is working 10 lbs of vacation weight off right now.

Today:
3.5 mile run
kashi, skim, strawberries, protein shake
cc, berries
squash & potatoes, turkey
turkey, avocado, red bell pepper strips
dinner? salmon and spinach and something else
hopefully an hr at the gym....I have a meeting and I might not be able to get away.

weight: 158.5 (down from 165 last week, prefer less than 155, would really prefer 140s and I think this is the big push for that weight)
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #7  
slow and steady

Yesterday was pretty much on plan. I had a slice of bread before my bootcamp class so I'd have enough energy to get through it, then the gazpacho wasn't nearly as filling as I'd hoped so I had a roll, then was still hungry, and luckily was smart and had a glass of milk instead of something junky.

Tuesday:
B - shredded oats, blueberries, strawberries, skim milk
S - apricot, peach
L - leftover zucchini lasagna
S - apple, yogurt/blueberries/granola, two hershey's nuggets
D - pasta w/sauce and romano cheese
E - doggie bootcamp

Last edited by paperclippy; 07-01-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #8  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ya'll, I'm here! Just very very busy yesterday. I'm so excited to say that I had a totally POP weekend! I've had some MOP weekends lately, but not POP! Go me!

Also Amanda, I tried your recipe for Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Chunky Tomato Sauce - how delicious! BF also loved it. It keeps the pork so moist. Will definitely be using this recipe again.

Tuesday:
B - protein pancake, 1 Tbsp Mom's apple butter, 1 cup skim milk, coffee w/ 1 Tbsp h&h
S - 1 cup blueberries
L - 1 slice whole grain bread w/ egg salad (2 hard-boiled eggs, 1/2 Tbsp. light mayo, 2 tsp mustard)
S - lowfat yogurt, watermelon
gym - elliptical, legs - or going snorkeling - depends on the weather & my mood, but snorkeling is a good (fun!) workout
S's if needed - protein muffin, 1 oz. almonds
Not sure how the chips will fall with dinner. It's one of my co-worker's last day of work, he's retiring, and also our intern's last day. People are supposed to go out to dinner and then play darts/drink beer. I might go home for dinner and then meet them to play darts (no drinking beer). I have leftover pork loin, gazpacho, and ratatouille I'll eat if I go home.

weekend:
Saturday:
B - protein pancake, 1 Tbsp Mom's apple butter, 1 cup skim milk, coffee w/ 1 Tbsp h&h, 1 cup blueberries
gym - 30 min. elliptical, 20 minutes stairmaster HIIT, core/abs 35 minutes
L - bean salsa w/ tuna fish, 6 oz. nf Greek Yogurt, watermelon
S - oat bran pita bread w/ hummus
D - 1 serving Amy's Spinach Pizza, homemade gazpacho
D - Orange Chia Dream Pop

Sunday:
B - protein pancake, 1 Tbsp Mom's apple butter, 1 cup skim milk, coffee w/ 1 Tbsp h&h, 1 cup blueberries
L - 1 slice whole grain bread w/ egg salad (2 hard-boiled eggs, 1/2 Tbsp. light mayo, 2 tsp mustard), 2 carrots
S - 6 oz. nf Greek Yogurt, watermelon, oat bran pita bread w/ hummus
D - Roasted Pork Tenderloin w/ Chunky Tomato sauce (YUM! Thanks for the recipe Amanda!!!), oven roasted ratatouille
E - Rest day after 6 days straight of going to the gym. I did garden, housework, and cooked (made jellies and canned tomatoes) all day.

Monday:
B - protein pancake, 1 Tbsp Mom's apple butter, 1 cup skim milk, coffee w/ 1 Tbsp h&h
S - 1 cup blueberries
L - 1 serving Amy's Spinach Pizza
S - 6 oz. nf Greek Yogurt, watermelon
gym - ran 3 miles, walked 2 miles, chest 30 minutes
(donated blood)
D/S - 1 slice whole grain bread w/ egg salad (2 hard-boiled eggs, 1/2 Tbsp. light mayo, 2 tsp mustard), oven roasted ratatouille, ~1.5 oz. leftover baked tripletail
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #9  
Workin' It

Midwife - thanks for the reminder on the cake! I've been thinking about that myself for the last day and a half... the killer was that I let them send me two different kinds home... if I had brought only one type I wouldn't have felt like I needed any more - with two different kinds my head said "you've had some of this one, now you need a little bit of that one..." I need to take a pic in my new bikini and put it up somewhere I can see it when I think like that!

And, I thought the same thing about the headphones yesterday, Glory, but didn't mention it because I once failed to go running at the park because I forgot my HRM strap. I was just looking for an excuse.

Amanda - good job on the food this weekend!

Megan - high five on the POP weekend!

Yesterday wasn't as bad as it could have been - I was snacky all day. Probably from the cake and sugar and junk I ate over the weekend... I did exercise, but had a hard time getting moving. Again, probably from all the cake and sugar and junky stuff from the weeend.

Today:
E: strength training when I get home if possible
B: smoothie, coffee
S: string cheese
L: grilled chicken salad
S: kashi go lean
D: either a sandwich of some kind or fish sticks with DSS
S: graham cracker
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

Megan - I'm so glad you liked it. It was one of those things that just popped into my head, I tried it, and it was tasty...

Planning for today:
B - Egg beaters, veggies, turkey scramble, toasted crumpet
S - 2 small plums
L - Leftover giant chicken salad with grilled veggies
S - Popcorn
S - Nonfat yogurt, strawberries
D - Garlic lemon shrimp, roasted asparagus, polenta
S - NSA Ice Cream, Strawberries

E - 60 cardio, 60 strength, but it's going to have to be spread out all over the place..30 min here and there. My meeting schedule blew way out of hand!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #11  
slow and steady

Amanda -- crumpet --
Old 07-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #12  
Moderating Mama

I am loving my crumpets lately! Only 70 calories of perfect grain breakfast goodness.

Today was POP - onto tomorrow

B - Crumpet, egg beaters with veggies and turkey
S - Grapes and strawberries
L - Garlic lemon shrimp, polenta, roasted asparagus
S - Yogurt w/ berries
S - Popcorn
D - Grilled chicken skewer, grilled corn cob, side salad
S - NSA Ice Cream, Strawberries

E - 60 min cardio, 30 min yoga
Old 07-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #13  
No description available.

Yesterday was pretty good. Woohoo!

Off on a road trip today. I see fast food stops in my future. I'll bring grapes and string cheese in the car for snacks. Packing protein powder. Will go fry-free and stick with grilled chicken sandwiches and salads a la Shannon. See ya'll next week!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #14  
Chuggin' along...

Have a great trip midwife!

Yesterday I stay POP food-wise, but not so good at the gym. I was sooo tired, I enacted my "30 minute gym rule" (if you don't want to go, go for 30 minutes, if you still want to leave you're allowed). I did do 40 minutes on the elliptical, slower paced than normal, and left. I'm not sure if it's because I donated blood the day before, or didn't sleep well the night before (probably both), but I got more sleep last night and will hopefully be more energetic today. In any case, I didn't get my legs workout done. I will definitely do it later this week though.

Wednesday's plan:
S - 1 cup blueberries
L - Curried Chicken & Rice Brown Salad, 1 cup carrots
Snacks - 6 oz. lf yogurt, 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple, 1 oz. raw walnuts
gym - cardio, back workout
D - Jenni-O lean turkey burger on ww bun, oven roasted ratatouille
homemade light popsicle or sf chocolate pudding?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #15  
slow and steady

LOL Megan, I love how 40 minutes on the elliptical is a "light" gym day for you!

I snuck two hershey's almond nuggets yesterday. Other than that I was pretty much on plan.

Wednesday:
B - shredded oats, skim milk, strawberries, blueberries
S - peach, apricot
L - gazpacho
S - apple, yogurt/blueberries/granola
D - focaccia bread, half pulled pork sandwich, two ribs, green beans
E - none

Last edited by paperclippy; 07-02-2009 at 08:42 AM.