Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-29-2009, 04:57 AM   #1  
Meg

Default Maintainers Chat: Week Of June 29 - July 5

Last edited by Meg; 12-18-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 AM   #2  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I FINALLY get to join this thread. Even though I wouldn't mind losing 5 more pounds, I am actually very happy at 130 and that was my initial goal.

So now the goal is to maintain this weight but if it goes down that is okay (of course it is) and then I would like to maintain within 5 pounds. I actually really shouldn't lose anymore because already the new clothes that I have bought are getting big...and I can't afford more at this time.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Meg Welcome back! I hope I do as well as you at maintaining during my holidays. That french toast sounds good!

Jacque

I had a disastrous day yesterday. I see DH's extended family once every 10 years or so and it always so sad. They are all so unhealthy and oblivious to it. Drinking, smoking, and eating completely unhealthy foods. No one there does any form of exercise either and many of them are obese.

There was a table full of food at the gathering and the only seemingly healthy option was a salad made with carrots, green pepper, and onions. Except it had a sugar glaze. I just politely helped myself to small portions of stuff and figured I'd start back to my healthy eating today.

DH always becomes really depressed after these things and he headed for the grocery store when we finally got home. But I'm proud of him for getting Skinny Cow instead of "candy" full fat ice cream!

I guess because I hang out here I'm so much more conscious of trying to live a healthy lifestyle.

Back OP today !

Have a great Monday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #4  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Dagmar, I'll join you in getting back on the wagon today.

We'll spend the 4th at our pool - they have a cook-out and games for the kids. It was fun last year, and very crowded.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #5  
Workin' It

Hi everyone!

I lived through our busy weekend - we saw Transformers on Saturday morning, liked it but thought the dialogue was even more unoriginal than I expected even for an action movie sequel. Went to a couples baby shower Saturday afternoon, ate mostly okay there. We had our belated Father's Day extravaganza on Sunday, where I ate okay and spent an hour in the pool with DSS. First public appearance of the new bikini, and I lived through it! Whew. Then I came home and had ice cream and cake at 10pm... All of the rest of the okay from the weekend wiped right out! It was really great, homemade cake though. If I'm going to splurge I want to splurge on the good stuff! Trying to decide now if I'm going to eat the slice of the other cake (we had two different cakes, like any of us needed that) that I have at home tonight and start over clean tomorrow or toss the cake when I get there. Still about 50/50 on it...

Made the strawberry cheesecake bites, and they were yummy! More people ate cake and golden graham s'mores that my mom made, but a few people ate the strawberries too! I'll probably keep making them and slipping them in when I can. They were so easy!

Dagmar - some people just don't pay attention to what they are doing to themselves. Our gathering for example - more people ate cake than strawberries, baked buttery sugary sweet potato won over salad.

Jacque - welcome!

Meg - the french toast does sound great! And good job maintaining on vacation!

Ward - the pool sounds like fun for the 4th. I don't think we have any plans at all...

Good day everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #6  
Workin' It

Well, after I left the party yesterday everyone started eating the strawberry bites, and my mom took a couple to work today for her coworkers. I've now had five people ask me for the recipe. I've never brought the cool new food item to a party, it is kind of fun.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

For once I'm glad the forum wasn't too busy on a Monday or I could never reply to everyone. I will be scarce this week but wanted to at least check in so I could get my reality check. I've been in Houston since Saturday and have tried to make good choices but it is REALLY hard in Houston when you go out to eat. I have been trying to order the healthiest thing on the menu but they are hard to find!! I haven't really exercised much yet but plan on running tomorrow morning even if it is 100 degrees. I swam in my friend's pool yesterday but it is small and there were kids in it so I mostly treaded water as I figured that was some exercise. Tried to go to the neighborhood pool today but it was closed for cleaning so that didn't work out. I'm only here until Thursday so I can't do too much damage, can I? Don't answer that..... I did buy all of my healthy regular stuff for breakfast at the grocery store so at least my breakfasts will be OP the rest of the week.

Glad your strawberries were a hit Shannon! And good job rocking the bikini! I bought a new one before I left as well. My friend saw me in it and then realized I had a tattoo and didn't mention the suit. I was debating telling my inlaws about my tattoo and practically the first thing my father-in-law said was how everyone in London has tattoos (they just came back) and how terrible all the women looked. Then he looked at dd and asked her how many tattoos she has (joking- she is 14) and she laughed-- I was about to die-- I figured I was next so I changed the subject!!

Dagmar-- glad you are back OP. Sounds like it is good that you don't see extended family too often.

Hi WardHog!
Welcome Jacque!!

Glad you are back Meg. I doubt I will only be up .2 when I get back but I deal with whatever the damage is when I get back. It is so humid here that my hands and feet are all puffed up so whatever the scale says when I get back should go down just from losing water after a few days. Kinda glad there isn't a scale at in-laws house that I know of.

Have a fantastic week everyone and I'll check back in when I can....

Michele
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #8  
Woman On A Mission

4th OF JULY....such a colorful holiday!!!

I go to the river to a friends trailer. He has a boat and we have a great time just hanging on the river, skiing and tubing. I've been down once this summer but it was too cold and rough to ski. I am looking forward to getting up on one ski again. It will be interesting since I am 26 pounds lighter and my arms have muscles...maybe I will be able to get up easier and stay up longer.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Unhappy Big can of pout

Got my big can of pout out yesterday. Soaking wet in the rain while working, even with "waterproof" clothing. More of the same all week. Bleagh!

I want summer to start! Can't seem to get the motivation to diet/maintain even though DH is kinda on board now.

His future work plans are depressing the heck out of me too. But he is doing things around the house.

This is mostly about me, not him. Just in a rut and can't seem to break out of it. One sunny week would help.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #10  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone,

I had a busy day yesterday, but happy to report I was POP even through the weekend! I used up my tomatoes by making gazpacho, ratatouille, tomato sauce, and finally peeled and canned the rest of the romas because I just couldn't make anything else. I'm tired of peeling tomatoes! I'm scared to go out to the garden this week. I know there are a few more romas and German Queens out there, ripening - gah!

I donated blood yesterday and the guy had trouble getting the needle in. It's really ridiculous because I have tons of good veins, and no one ever has trouble with them when I donate blood. It hurt more, now I have a bruise, and for the first time ever I was all fainty and nauseous after donating. Normally I have the sturdy constitution of a horse...or something...I've never been a delicate flower. Anyway, I was very annoyed because I was trying to set up a seminar speaker and carry things around and kept having to stop and sit. I'm not used to having trouble with everyday tasks like that! It makes me appreciate being able to run around and do those things all the time without thought.

Lots of plans for the 4th of July weekend. I have Friday off, and weather allowing I'm going to go scalloping with a bunch of friends. Saturday my neighbor/friend is having a big annual bash. Sunday some other friends are having a pool party. It will be lots of fun, but also tons of food and alcohol temptations all weekend. I've been on such a good streak I want it to continue, especially since my birthday is in a few weeks and I'm going to enjoy some chocolate and wine then! So this weekend I'm going to make healthy choices, plan ahead, and not drink alcohol since that always leads to overeating.

Dagmar, sorry about the bad mood. It's been very stormy here too. I hope the sun comes out for you!

Jacque, welcome! Your tubing and skiing sounds like a blast! I've tried to wakeboard but haven't "gotten up" yet. My friend sold her ski boat last year, though, so my opportunities to go are fewer now. Let us know if your "arm muscles" help out!

Michele, enjoy the rest of your trip! I hope your in-laws don't find your tattoo.

Shannon, I'm sure you were rocking that bikini!

Meg, great job coming back from vacation only .2 lbs up! Your friend's breakfast sounds delicious and very healthy, yum.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #11  
Workin' It

Good morning!

I am officially done done done with the cake in my house. If I want to keep rocking a bikini I can't be eating cake! We don't have any big 4th plans - DH's ex is picking DSS up at noon on Saturday (normally our weekend for him.... growl...) to take him to a party at her mom's house. We'll either grill something ourselves and maybe catch a movie, just lie around the house, or hang out with some of his friends from work. I imagine that there will be beers involved, but I'll probably get guinness draught or rock green light, and I typically only drink one and then stop. We'll make good choices for our grilling items, so I'll only have to worry if buddy ends up cooking. I figure I won't recover from this weekend until after next weekend is over, so I'm okay with it.

Megan - sorry about the blood donation fiasco! All of my life I have had bad veins, and have never been able to donate blood, often end up having to have blood drawn from the back of my hand. For some reason in the last year they have gotten a lot better, I'm thinking about trying to give blood again.

Dagmar - sorry about the blah! Hope you get some sun soon!

Jacque - that sounds like a fun weekend! I haven't gone wakeboarding or tubing in probably ten years... Enjoy!

Michele - good thing you hadn't talked about the tattoo yet... I guess that means no swimsuit around the inlaws? Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #12  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Hi everyone! I had half a post written yesterday, then got busy at work and my work computer died. (Freudian slip -- I originally typed "my computer diet"!)

My big news of the week is that I finally bought a new computer!! I'm replacing my 6-year-old PowerBook with a Toshiba Satellite. O.M.G. It is blazingly fast. I thought that the reason YouTube totally sucked on my old computer was because I was only paying for the low-bandwidth internet connection. Wrong!! It was my super-slow old computer! Now I'm just in the process of migrating all my files. The only thing I need to do is get a firewire to mini firewire adapter so I can plug in my (also 6-year-old) iPod.

Yes, I admit it. I was a Mac user, and I switched to Windows. Why? Because the Toshiba Satellite was 1/3 the price of a new MacBook Pro!

Anyway, enough about my new computer. Last night was the last bootcamp class I signed up for (I have three more doggie bootcamp classes though). I'll miss it, but I really need to get back to running, biking, and swimming, and I just wasn't doing it because I was doing bootcamp instead. I haven't really run (more than we do in bootcamp) in three weeks. Time to put together a new workout schedule!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #13  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
Yes, I admit it. I was a Mac user, and I switched to Windows. Why? Because the Toshiba Satellite was 1/3 the price of a new MacBook Pro!
Please don't take this the wrong way but WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?I am and have always been a mac use (okay mac addict) and it seems that everyone I know that has a non mac computer has replaced, repaired or thrown away more computers then I can count. Yes MACS cost more, but they are better, last longer and are more user friendly. I will step down from the soap box now....

On another note, tell me about your boot camp!!! I have been doing one since May 19 and will continue till Aug 21. 3 days a week, 5:30am-6:30 pm....I LOVE IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Jacque - that sounds like a fun weekend! I haven't gone wakeboarding or tubing in probably ten years... Enjoy!
I am so looking forward to it. I too had gone YEARS without skiing but got back into it a few years ago....I like snow skiing too. Didn't go much last season though....I wonder if my ski clothes still fit...better start saving for new stuff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982 View Post
Jacque, welcome! Your tubing and skiing sounds like a blast! I've tried to wakeboard but haven't "gotten up" yet. My friend sold her ski boat last year, though, so my opportunities to go are fewer now. Let us know if your "arm muscles" help out!
Never tried wakeboarding. This friend doesn't have one but I do have another friend with a boat and a wakeboard, so maybe I will get to try it this summer. I'm sure my arms will be sore...they always are after skiing...but I just can't wait...
Old 06-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #14  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

LOL Jacque, I actually had many reasons for switching (like how if it's Windows DH can work from home using it), but if a Mac had been cheaper I probably would have gotten another one. OTOH lately all my friends and family with newer Macs (Intel as opposed to PowerPC) have had no end of troubles with them. It doesn't seem worth the money to me anymore, since pretty much all I do is surf the web and check my email. iTunes is available for Windows, and Picasa is just as good as iPhoto for my needs, and free.

My bootcamp class is a one-hour class outside at a park. We do a lot of running and climbing up hills, bear crawling, lunges, squats, and push-ups! Yesterday was fun because there were no kids in the playground, so we got to climb on the jungle gym.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #15  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
My bootcamp class is a one-hour class outside at a park. We do a lot of running and climbing up hills, bear crawling, lunges, squats, and push-ups! Yesterday was fun because there were no kids in the playground, so we got to climb on the jungle gym.
Your boot camp sounds alot like mine...no hills though. There are about 8 of us and she does a lot of circuits, which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!! The only think we have done on the jungle gym is steps on the ladder for the slide.