Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 08:57 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday

Starting thread, will be back in a minute.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:01 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Good morning, everyone!

Well, I really don't have much to say yet this morning. Nothing has really happened yet. WI is tonight, and as always, I'm scared that I won't be down. Usually, if I gain, I know that it's because I wasn't OP for the entire week. If I gain after being almost perfectly OP, I'm afraid I'll be a little bit discouraged. But, I'll talk myself through it if it happens.

I'm going to get a little bit done around here, will check back in later.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:08 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess - Good morning.

you and me both. I weigh in at lunchtime - and I'm afraid I'll be up. While I wasn't as good as you... I was OP all week except Sunday, and I had 3 drinks on Saturday. And so.. I know what you mean about getting discouraged. It's like... at 144, if I can't maintain my weight eating the way I do.... then how will I be able to maintain ANYTHING at 110. I do get so discouraged. Like, I've been eating salads with a little grilled chicken and then fruit for my lunch. Either Special K cereal or 2 2-pt bran muffins for breakfast and a pretty healthy dinner... PLUS i'm going to the gym. So it's like.... if I'm not losing, then I feel like I'm doomed. Because I'll have to eat even less and exercise even more when I only weigh 110... you know.

Ugh - enough negative talk. It's just been in my head sinced I weighed in one pound heavier at the gym yesterday.

Good morning to all the other ladies.... I'll let you all know how weigh in goes!

Lisa
Old 06-25-2002, 09:14 AM   #4  

Thumbs down

Good morning Jess (and everyone else)!!

Its only Tuesday!

Not much new with me either Jess. I have been terrible with eating, since we have had friends staying with us from TN all week, and I had family reunions last weekend. I know I have gained at least 5 pounds in the last few weeks, and I just don't have the motivation right now to do something about it. I do think it will change once our company is gone and things get back to normal.

I am not feeling the best today. I took my kids 4-wheeling last night thru some fields, and now I have a terrible scratchy throat, must be allergies.

Work is slow right now, just have some projects to work on and they aren't due til fall, which makes it difficult for me to find the motivation to start them. Oh well, since it has been so quiet here on campus with students gone, and lots of my co-workers have been taking vacations, I have been spending my time doing little projects, and surfing the net the rest of the time!

My boss's retirement party was a big success! Glad it is over, and it is the last one I am planning! It is just too much work!

DH had to unexpectedly go back to work 2nd shift this week due to a power plant that is down up north. Just when I get him back....oh well, next week he is garranteed days.

Well, I think that is about it for me, not much else going on...it is really hot here this week. In the 90's, good day for some swimming (or just sitting here in my office in the air conditioning!)

I will check back in a bit.....
Old 06-25-2002, 10:21 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Good Morning!

I'm having trouble motivating myself to get started with work this morning. I have a huge project due the 8th of July but even with that deadline, I'm having trouble buckling down and concentrating today.

Jess - I'm guessing that like me, you work in a cube farm. It is frustrating to deal with co-workers being inconsiderate when you all "live" in such close quarters. Wish I had some advice on how to fix the situation but all I can do is sympathize.

KT - congratulations on the 2.4# loss. That's wonderful!

Kim - I'm so glad you found your dream wedding dress. Will you be able to post pictures so we can all ohh and ahhh over it?

Belle - Will you please explain what G8 week is and why there might be protestors?

Tonya - It is so hard to stay on program when you have company. I'm sure that once life settles back into a routine again that you'll lose any unwanted pounds. You've always struck me as the kind of person who is very determined.

Lisa - May I ask why you are aiming for 110 lbs? I'm slowly discovering that I may have to accept that in order to maintain what I've already lost that I may not be able to lose all that I thought I should. Because I work out so much, I'm discovering that at the top of my weight range, I wear the same size that I did in highschool when I was towards the low end of my weight range. Quite frankly, I'll take a size 6 little black skirt over a low number on the scale any day! Oh by the way, I'm old enough (just shy of 29) that I ought to know better than to have my head turned by college boys. It's just that I was so heavy in college that I never turned any heads at all and right now I'm very flattered when the college boys come chat me up instead of the pretty little blondes their own age.

I found the discussion Lisa, Jen and Jess were having yesterday about scrapbooking fascinating. It got me wondering as to what everyone elses's interests and hobbies are. Anyone interested in sharing? I'll start. As you've probably guessed by my moniker, I love winter and that includese winter sports like ice skating, cross country skiing and sledding. I read a lot (4 or 5 books a week), enjoy house plants, cross-stiching and have been practicing yoga for 18 months. I've also gotten interested in canoeing lately and even took a seminar to learn various strokes.

Wow this is a novel! Sorry about that. But I did forwarn all of you that I wasn't having much luck in motivating myself to work today.

Bye!

Winter
Old 06-25-2002, 10:38 AM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Good morning!

Jess and Lisa - Don't stress over weigh-in too much. There is nothing you can do now to make it go any better, and if it isn't good, just use it as extra motivation for the coming week. And who knows, you could always be pleasantly surpised!

Tonya - I think we usually have similar weather as you. It is brutal here today - in the 90's with terrible humidity. I wouldn't mind so much if I were at the beach, but walking to the train this morning was not fun.

Winter - I'm just shy of 29 too (8 days shy to be exact!) and used to have fun looking at college boys. However, it seems that lately when I see one I can't even tell if they are in high school or college! I realized I might be getting too old! But I know what you mean - I never got much attention from them when I was in college either, so it is nice to get it now. Better late than never!

Good idea to discuss our hobbies! As I said yesterday, I like scrapbooking. I also enjoy cross stitching, cooking, reading, going to concerts and running. I have been skydiving a couple of times and LOVE it. I would like to continue, but the place I jump is about 2 hours from where I live and it is quite expensive, so it is not as easy of a hobby to pursue as I would like.

Back to work!
Old 06-25-2002, 12:59 PM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Default Hello again

Not feeling much like working, so I thought I'd stop back in.

It's interesting to see what everyone else does with their spare time. I have a really boring life, but when I have free time, I'm usually reading, scrapbooking, or rubber stamping. I also spend some time with BF and a lot of time cuddling my guinea pigs because they're my little sweeties.

Lisa--Let us know how WI goes. It's easier for me to believe what I'm about to say when it pertains to you, but: I think if you've been OP all week that a couple of drinks one day and a little overindulgence another won't make that much difference in the outcome of your WI. Now, if only I could take my own advice and relax about WI.

Tonya--It's hard sometimes to make your life revolve around WW, especially when friends/family are involved. Sometimes you just need to let go and enjoy yourself because these aren't opportunities that you'll be able to repeat after you've reached your goal. That's a shame about your husband having to switch back to that shift, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Winter--Yep, it's a cube farm. It's a struggle sometimes, but I deal. The really loud headphones have been a lifesaver, since I haven't yet perfected my ability to mentally block out people talking. And, I'm like you, just not feeling much like working right now, maybe it's because I just don't want to be here.

Jen--I have the same problem! I'm 23 and can NEVER guess anyone's age accurately. Sometimes 16 year old kids look like 23 year old guys to me. I'm just a terrible judge of age. It's a good thing I have a BF and don't have to worry about meeting guys, I'd probably end up hitting on some deceptive-looking young guy!

OK, I'm going to do a little bit more reading then start back to work... Will check in again later!
Old 06-25-2002, 01:35 PM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Well, Jess...take your own advice. It was good advice. I was down 2 pounds over the last 2 weeks... we didn't have weigh in last week because my leader was on vacation. YAY! but to make my Summer Goal for 4th of July... I'll have to lose 3 pounds in 10 days.... but I'm not going to stress about that... if I get close I will be satisfied. My goal was to be in the 130's by the 4th... but I think I'll be close enough... Let us know how WI goes!

Winter - well, I am aiming for 110 because in order to be WW for life, I have to reach 110. My weight range for WW is 95 to 110. So I'm shooting for the higher number there. I think I'll be very happy at 115-120, but in order to go for maintanence for free I'll have to be at 110. Hey - I'm going through the SAME thing with the college boys. I swear we're soul sisters. In college, I missed out on those hot 22-year-olds.... so lately I've been dancing and meeting a bunch of guys who are "too young." But I missed out on it then, so I'm having a good time now. I totally behave myself, but I still have a little fun.

Jen, I've always wanted to go skydiving, but part of me is still scared. Right now I'll settle for white water rafting... I love it. I used to go 3-4 times a year, but I haven't really been much since I moved to Boston... I'll have to go find a place.

Jen and Winter and Jess - me too!!!!!!!!! I was dancing with this guy a couple weeks ago. He was very cute. He asked me how old I was and he was like "really." I was like - "why, how old are you." He was only 20!!! Then I said, you shouldn't even be in here." Which made me sound even older!!! Ha ha!!

Lisa
Old 06-25-2002, 01:54 PM   #9  
One Sick Puppy

Talking

Lisa--Way to go at WI! Hopefully mine will be as successful!

OK, I really have to start working now...
Old 06-25-2002, 02:12 PM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Still can't find the motivation to work on my project. Thank goodness I mustered up enough to work on some smaller items. The work day isn't a total loss.

I think white water rafting and sky diving sound like fun! Lately, I've been really into trying all the things that I never had the confidence to try before I lost some weight. Did any of the rest of you experience a surge of confidence after losing weight? If so does it stick with you or does it fade after awhile?

Lisa - Congrats on the 2lbs! At the risk of sounding argumentative (I'm not, I'm just curious and trying to understand) I just went to the WW site and for your height (from your tag line) they list a minimum of 99 and a maximum for all adults of 124. Now I understand that 110 is probably the max for your age but my leader told me rather than pick the max for my age group I could pick the max for all adults and after I'd maintained that for 6 weeks I'd be able to do the free thing. Do you have other information that indicates that in order to be "free" that you have to be at the max for your age group?
I get a lot of people not believing how old I am either! Last weekend on the pub crawl I got carded at the door at every single bar.
Hey I meant to ask you - did Sean ever call? Bad news about "my" Sean - he's sort of got a thing for another woman - good news is that she's moving to LA in a few weeks. Maybe I'll see if he's interested in a few months. Although, last weekend I met this really cute college boy (just graduated) and had several great, flirty conversations with him. Then I figured out halfway through one of those conversations that he was Sean's little brother! Oh well.

OK time to do some work.

Winter
Old 06-25-2002, 02:14 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Hi guys I miss you. I spend 5 hours a day with my boss staring over my shoulder - I'll be so happy when this week from **** is over. I just had to say, Lisa - WW will still let you be a lifer if you get a note from a doctor saying you should be 115-120. I've known a number of women who did it. Look into it. And hi to everyone but she's back from the meeting and I'm back to work.
KT
Old 06-25-2002, 03:38 PM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Winter and KT - I may ask about this. I guess I thought I had to be in the healthy range for my height and range.... but if not, I'll talk with my leader about that. I think I'm going to see how I feel and look at 120 and go from there. Because I do weight train... and I think I have a significant amount of muscle... so I might feel and look healthy at 120. If I do, I'll prob set that as my goal.

Although, at 120 - who knows... if I can replace the fat with lean muscle, it might be just right. I'd like to be a size 4 or a 6... and while some of you might think that that is too small, I'll say right now that I have VERY SMALL BONES and a small frame. I'm sure I'll be estatic as a size 6... and that might just be great for me... I'm a size 10 (squeezing into 8's if I suck in my stomach) and so I think I'll be a size 8 in another 5 pounds or so.

But you just have to picture a small 4'10" girl in a size 6 or 8 is not the same thing at someone who is 5'6" or even 5'4" being a size 6 or a size 8..... comepletely different. I have a significant amount of fat still on my body, yet I'm practically in a size 8.

While it's so late... I'm sure this will be the last post... so no one may read this.... I'm writing this and as I write this I am going through the decision-making process.

I guess I'll just see how I feel at 120..... that may be an ideal weight for me... which is exciting! 21 pounds to go seems so do-able, especially in the beginning when it was 100+ pounds to go.

**Winter - Sean never called... his freind Jay did (of course, that's the way things go). He called to see if I could go out Saturday.... but I was going to a bachelorette party. I said maybe sometime during the week... but he hasn't called me back. We'll see. Good luck with your Sean... out of sight, out of mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm speaking of the girl that's leaving of course) You are only 1 pound away from goal????? YOU ROCK!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2002, 05:12 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Quick hi ... trying to get work done so I can go to the Citizens Police Academy, which I'm attending to write a story about.

Lisa: When I was in high school, I weighed about 125. At 5 feet tall, I still thought I was overweight, even though I played soccer and was a cheerleader. When I lost weight with WW in college, I got down to 135 but didn't stick with it. Now, I'm shooting for around 130, but would like to go down to about 115 if I could ever possibly make it that far.

It is quite different when you're this short and a pound or two can make a difference!

Hello to everyone ... Lori, I loved your wedding pics!

Last edited by kimobi; 06-25-2002 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:51 PM   #14  

Hi to everyone! It's late and no one will probably read this..but I'm posting anyway! So WI on friday I was up 1.2 but was seriously bloated-I couldn't even get my wedding ring off that night! So i wasn't too upset about it... i have been doing ok so far this week-we'll see on Friday! I bought new sneakers yesterday which made running a lot more fun...I'm going to try to go to the gym and weight train tomorrow before running -I prefer to run in the nice weather b/c i like being outside....but that means since I don't go to the gym i don't vary my workout...

Lisa-congrats on the two pounds! And as for the guy thing...my advice as someone who is just turned thirty(he he)-my motto was always-no regrets. If you really like this guy and you're going to spend tie wondering what if...then go for it in some way-life is too short to let possibly important people slip away...but then again-it is really fun to play around and enjoy yourself-I didn't have that very much in college for various reasons, and then after college I was so overweight I had no self esteem. then i lost some weight and started having a grand old time-for a few months until I met hubby! And i wasn't looking for a serious r hip at that time-but i realized we had something special and I didn't want to let it slip away...

Anyhow-that was long-sorry!
hi to everyone else-Winter-ONE POUND FROM GOAL!!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Kim-thanks! our wedding was blast-and I had fun planning it! Any questions, feel free to PM me!
Jess-Hope your WI was successful
Bye!
Closed Thread