WW Clubs and Groups - #216 Bale of Turtles Kicking it!

View Full Version : #216 Bale of Turtles Kicking it!

Itryharder
06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
06-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi Turtles,
We had gotten long, so I started this new thread. Page 6 on #215 is interesting and you might want to check it out.
Judy :carrot:

LaurenH
06-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Wow, everyone is doing so well! Weigh to go! :carrot:

Just a quick drive-by for me. Still chugging along ... just reached my highest weight in high school. Of course, I thought I was enormous then! It's all relative, isn't it?

Have a great day, everyone.

Princess1122
06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Happy Thursday everyone!

We had a very sad and rough day here yesterday. Our black lab, Bella, had to be put to sleep yesterday morning. When I got up that morning she was in bad shape, she was laying in a puddle of pee and had thrown up and had a BM while she layed there. She was unable to get up to move away from it or to come and get us to help her. We decided enough was enough, it was time to let her be pain free. She was such a good dog... I mean that with all of my heart, never any trouble and always loving and loyal. At 14 years old she had a good life and was loved so it was time to let her go...

Eating was not what it should have been but today is better. Going to get some cleaning done this morning and get out for some walks with the dogs this afternoon. The whole week has just not been good for me with food... I need to shake myself and get with it!

Back later on, have a great day!
Princess

Itryharder
06-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi Turtles,
Lauren, :cp: :bravo: :goodscale: :cheer: :cheers: oh my goodness! You are doing so great. Remember when you wanted to get into onederland? Now you are so far below that weight. High school weight? You go girl!!!!! It''s always good to hear from you.

Princess, I am so sorry about your dog. It had to be devastating to see Bella in that shape.
I'm sending a :grouphug: and :goodvibes: to see you through this week. You've had a lot of upset recently, but I know you will get through this. You've got our support!

I had a wonderful moment today. I stepped on my home scale and it read 210#. I haven't been able to make the scale budge below 211# in I don't know when. So, I am convinced this eating plan is working for me. I've got a challenge tonight because I'm going to a retirement party for a friend I used to work with that includes a buffet. I've decided to drink a shake before I go (very filling) and pick and poke and push food around on my plate at the buffet. Wish me luck!

:goodvibes: and :cheer: to us all. We can do this. We are doing this! Keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/211.6/209.6 and thinner into onederland.

ladynredd
06-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Princess, so sorry to hear about Bella. It's so devastating when we have to let a beloved pet go, isn't it? But think of her playing beyond the Rainbow Bridge with all her new doggie friends and gradually your heartache will ease.

Did you ever hear anything about your interview?

I had such a nice day yesterday. I got my exercise out of the way first thing, then I drove down to San Diego (2 hours each way) to visit my favorite quilt shop. I knew I was going to be going out to dinner with my son and his new fiancee' that night, so I packed a lunch! (I work out of my home so this is unusual for me.) I had meatball soup (3 points) a serving of green grapes, 1/4 canteloupe (first ripe one of the season!) and a 2-point Fiber One bar. Those chocolate chip ones are TASTY! Took a bottle of water instead of soda. All this was in place of my usual stop at my favorite Thai restaurant, but I knew there was no way I could eat a big beautiful bowl of Pad Thai and have steak for dinner without going over my points.

Then I filled the car with gas, changed my clothes, and DH & I joined my son and fiancee at a steak place halfway between our place and theirs and had such a good, relaxed time. I just love this girl, she is so intelligent and down to earth and wants to form a close family. She is really making an effort to form a relationship with my other son -- definitely not an easy thing to do -- there are times I'm tempted to give up and he's my own child!

I think I made sensible food choices at the restaurant, too. Ate half my steak, had rice pilaf instead of potato loaded with butter, and took a bottle of fat free salad dressing in my purse. (We've eaten there before and I know they don't have low fat dressing available.) I did eat one onion ring and two fried zucchini strips -- was able to find point values for the onion ring but not the zucchini, so I'm guessing at 2 points per strip. If I'm wrong about that, well, I was still a couple points under for the day, and have 33 weekly points left, so I'm going to call it a victory.

It rained cats and dogs here yesterday -- unusual for this area for June. Of course we always need the water but I hope I can get a swim in today!

Trundle on, turtles!

bandit2
06-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - so sorry about your dog, Bella. That is really tough. What can anyone really say? Just take care.

Judy - you are doing great! Keep up that positive attitude and make good choices with the buffet, but enjoy your evening as well.

Lady - good going on making good choices & planning ahead. That is what really helps on this journey.

Lauren - your stats are great. Keep it going, girl!!

As for myself, I was down 1.5# last night at my weigh in & was happy with that. One of the fellows helped with my ticker - so that is fun to see.

Anyway, lets all have a great OP day.

Princess1122
06-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Afternoone everyone...

thanks for all of the kind words on Bella, she was a good girl but we knew that it was coming, it was just a matter of time and now she is pain free and felling fine I am sure so that makes me feel much better. It was just a tough, sad day but now it is over and done with.

Judy: Ok, about your new eating plan... is it something that is in a book or on the internet somewhere that I can look at it? I would love to mix things up a bit and that is tempting... share what you can if you don't mind.

Lady: Sounds like you did a wonderful job! Very planned out!

Lauren: Great job on the weight loss!

Bandit: Nothing that really can be said, you are right about that, it is what it is. Is your weather improving up there? It has finally stopped raining here but supposed to start again on Sunday... ugh! I saw the recipe that you posted on the last thread... about how much saurkraut (sp?) do you use?

donna: How are you doing lately?

Chirily: What is new with you?

Itryharder
06-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi Turtles,
Lady, I love how you thought about your day and planned for the events you had. Being away from that home kitchen can be a challenge and you really planned and prepared. :goodscale: in your future!

Okay folks, my sister sent me an article of portioned out food menus that she followed and was successful for her. I want to share this with you in case you might like to try it. Of course , it is not doctor or WW approved or anything like that, but the food seems healthy enough, I am not very hungry on this, and I did take the time to point out one of the menu combinations for the day and it was 24 points. If you're interested, here is what has been helping me: Unfortunately we do not have the name of the magazine this came from and I can't authenticate it in any way. I'm posting this since Princess was looking for a change up in her eating . :goodvibes:

Breakfast: Choose one daily
1 fast track smoothie*
OR
2 eggs, 2 cups steamed spinach, juice of 1/2lemonm
1 cup berries+ 1T ground flaxseed

Lunch: Choose one daily
4 oz. salmon or turkey breast
2 cups mixed salad with 1/4 cup each onion, radish, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, olives
1 T. each olive oil and vinegar

Or
4 oz. lean burger
1 cup sauteed veggies
2 cups mixed salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, celery , olives, and 1 T. each olive oil and vinegar

Dinner: Choose one daily
4 oz. chicken breast with sauteed onions, garlic, lemon and parsley to taste
1/2 cup steamed cauliflower
4 artichoke hearts

Or:
4 oz. lean beef
2t. spice rub
1 small baked potato
1/2 cup each steamed broccoli and asparagus
1t. each olive oil and lemon juice

Snack: Choose TWO daily
2 hard boiled eggs and 1 cup fresh-cut veggies

Or
1 orange, apple, or pear

Or
3 stalks celery and 1 small raw carrot

Or
1 Fast Track Smoothie

Aim to use organic ingredients as often as possible.
Water: Divide your body weight in half and drink that many ounces in water each day (not to exceed 12 cups)
(On day 7 there is a jumpstart juice day that I will type next time if you're interested)
Safety first: Should not be used for women who are pregnant, nursing, or have certain health conditions--all should check with their doctors before proceding.
Last thing you need to know:
How to make the Fast Track Smoothie:
In blender, whip 1 cup water, 1 cup frozen berries, 1 scoop vanilla whey powder, 1 T. flaxseed oil, 1 T.ground flaxseed, 2 t. lemon juice, 1 t. unsweetened cranberry juice, 1 packet stevia and 8 ice cubes.

If you like this, follow it for seven days, and then do a juice and water regimen for one day.
Days 9-11 add 1 cup of lowfat plain yogurt

Then start over with day 1-7, juice/water regimen, 9-11, etc. It is recommended you not use this plan for more than three months.

This is what I have been doing, but I have no idea if it will work for anyone else or if it is approved by any agency, etc. since we have no idea where it came from. All I know is that a few women in my one sister's office tried it, liked it, and then my sisters tried it and now I have. Today I am going to point out other combinations in the suggested eating and see how they point out. Good luck to us all!

Hey, guess what? I never got to the retirement party last night. My dd called from work sounding really upset. It ended up with me watching the little grandson, thinking about what was most important to me (family and eating correctly right now) and canceling out on the party. I had sent the retiree a nice note earlier, contributed to the gift. I have to say that big parties are not all that exciting to me and it was fine not to go since I was pretty tired. It was a relief not to have to juggle my food around and stay on track since this eating plan has very little leeway.
Okay, I've gobbled up enough cyber-space. You all have a great day and be well and happy!
Judy
234.6/211.8/209.6 onward and downward to 25# off :cool:

msmeri
06-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Hello everyone,

I was lost back in 215, someone needed to throw a rope down.
:running:
Any way all is well, been walking every day
The BIG 5k is tomorrow wish us luck.
And made a to promise eat 1 non processed food each day.
I just learned last night frozen veggi, dried apricots, applesauce all processed. What am I going to eat? I wont even bother to tell you I eat a frozen Smart Ones about 3 times a week.

Went out to dinner last night Wendy's. Had a large chilie,
no cheese,
no sour cream,
no onions
Turned out to be 6 points
Not to bad, and I got to feel like I ate regular food

Princess - I am so totally sorry to hear about the loss of your baby, Bella. I hope you can find some comfort.:angel:

Judy- Way to go being the lowest ever since the new momentium plan. Your headed in the right direction. Look out there's no stopping you now.:cheer2:

ladynredd- was you power out the other day when it rained? My little furbabies were freaking out. (thunder) I had to cuddle up with a blanket and hold them while I was left to read my book, no computer or TV.:eek:

Chirily-Anybody her from her? last I remember she broke her finger.:nono:

Tonight is our usual weekly :jeno: night. My fridgerator is stocked with salad fixings and I am going to arm myself with a big bowl of salad before I eat any pizza. And, when I do I will only eat 2 pieces!

Oh yea lookie, lookie, lookie, I figured out how to get my ticker thingy:cp:

bandit2
06-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Happy Friday, Turtles:

Princess - the recipe called for 8 oz of sauerkrat, but that wasn't enough for me, so I just completely covered the top of the casserole dish. I also used a 14 oz can of tomato sauce. I hope you try this recipe, I thought it was really good & soooooooo easy. I ate the whole thing throughout the week & was a really nice side dish towards the end.

Judy - thanks for your post. I will print it out & maybe give that a try when my weight loss slows down. But for now, I am still losing most weeks so will continue with what I am doing.

Lady & Lauren - hope you are having a good week.

Got in my walk last night of 35 laps then a quick hot-tub. When I got home there was note on my door that my neighbour wanted me to come over & sit on her deck & have drinks. So that was nice, but then when I came home I was soooo hungry I cooked up a frozen pizza & ate most of it. So that isn't a good way to start the weekend. So I will have to be careful with my weekend choices.

Meeting gf at my trailer tomorrow & am planning to serve grilled halibut with big salad, rice & some kind of veggie dish.

It is suppose to be sunny the next few days, so today am heading out to backyard & try to get these white legs tanned up abit.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

bandit2
06-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Msmeri - think we were posting at the same time.

Good luck tomorrow on your 5K & congrats on the ticker!

ladynredd
06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Msmeri, Good luck on your 5K tomorrow! I was thinking about you this morning when I looked out my window and saw clouds over the mountains. I guess if you just got a little rain it would just cool you off, right?

I don't think we lost power here -- I was in San Diego that day but DH says he wasn't aware of any power loss.

Although I dawdled around this morning and hadn't done my exercise when DH got up, I did get 'er done. I didn't feel as focused as I am when I'm all alone, but done is done. And when he suggested that we have lunch or dinner out (we're going to see Angels & Demons today) I pointed out that I spent $100 at the grocery store yesterday and why don't we just eat at home? Lots cheaper for sure. And we already ate out once this week so I've had my "fix." I'm planning on making that sauerkraut casserole tonight for dinner -- got super lowfat ground meat yesterday when I shopped.

Hope everyone has a super duper weekend!

Princess1122
06-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Judy: thank you so much for sharing the plan... I appreciate it!

Princess

LaurenH
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM
{{Princess}} So sorry about Bella. It's always so hard to say goodbye. I know you gave her a wonderful life.

Judy, look how close you are to your first big goal!! Wow!!!!

Msmeri, good luck on the 5K! I'm very impressed. Exercise is one area I'm still struggling to incorporate.

Lady, good for you on the exercise today!

Bandit, 35 laps, wow!

Along those lines, I did go for a walk yesterday (though just for 30 minutes or so) and plan to do it again today. It was such a beautiful evening; it felt great to get outside and move. I talked with my mom on the phone while I was walking, so I probably irritated the neighbors but it was good to catch up.

I need to try fat-free half and half. I finally cut the real thing out of my diet when I saw I wasn't losing. Got to tweak things to make them keep working. That does seem to have helped me drop a bit, finally. But I miss my coffee! (Can't stand it with milk, though; I'd rather have it black.) So I will start experimenting with the FF stuff and see what I can find.

Had a couple of nice NSVs this week. Yesterday a co-worker told me again that I was "wisping away" and would soon need to carry weights to keep from blowing away in the wind! She exaggerates just a teensy bit, but it was nice.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Itryharder
06-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Msmeri, :tread: good luck tomorrow on your 5K! What an accomplishment training for this has been. Weigh to go.

Bandit, you're doing so great. I was pleased for you when you went to TOPS since you and I had been yo-yoing a lot longer than we wanted to. I'm so glad you found something that works for you.

Lauren too, you found something that has been wonderful for :goodscale: and now you're tweaking even more. Weigh to go. I haven't tried the ff creams, but I have a friend who makes Linguine Alfredo with the ff half and half and people say it tastes great. Hmmmm.

Chrily and Donna, how you doing?
Lady, good for you for exercising and I like your attitude about eating out /sometimes it's great, but other times it is just too much.

Princess, you're welcome about the plan I'm doing right now. I like it a lot and I'm finally getting results.
Gotta run, you all take care and have a great weekend.
Judy
234.6/211.2/209.6 close to 25# down and my first major goal!

Itryharder
06-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi Turtles,
Feeling mighty hungry right now. I wonder if that's because I'm bored. I got a lot of work done--planted my tiny basil plants outside, and then did a good amount of housework and am hemming my pants that have been sitting for at least a month. I guess this morning I'm playing catch up and it's boring, but productive.

I hope someone chimes in today.
Judy
234.6/211.2/209.6/thinner into 25# down :cool:

msmeri
06-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Well all goes well. Just ate 3 servings of mini cheddar cheese rice cakes and feeling guilty. Lost .6 on Wednesday. Saturday morning at the 5k was great. We were faced with a few challenges. Two girls were late getting to my house, one didn't eat so I fixed her up. Then DH got us lost, it was only about 45 min away from our house, and we have been there more then 20 times, (but usually it's covered in snow) but somehow when we were running late the worse happens. But nothing was going to stop us. After turning around @ Lake Hemet we finally found the place. We rushed out of the van to go potty and sent DH to get us signed in. We had our numbers pinned on with 10 min left till start time. There were a lot of people there, They all seemed to know each other. (some People had there dogs too) We were the fattest ones there. And we choose to wear white shirts so we looked alike (you know how flattering whit is) But we were not the last walkers across the finish line. Our time was 1 hour 4 min. We were spread out during the race kinda of paired off, but we waited at the top of the hill and all crossed together!

It was great. Back in January when we started our leader set this as one of our goals. At the time I thought I could never do that (forget about up and down on a mountain 5000+ foot level) This is just a starting point. I now know I can do anything physical I put my mind to. Loosing 50 pounds is so freeing. But I got to keep going.

:encore:

Itryharder
06-07-2009, 07:44 PM
MsMeri, :cp: :bravo: :cheer: :tread: what a wonderful accomplishment. Amazing and I loved how your group decided to cross the finish line together. That was so supportive and made a statement about how good you all are for each other. WEigh to go and congrats also on your WI and being down even more weight. You've lost a wonderful amount and the rest is going to get lost too!

Hi Turtles, hope you've all had a good weekend. Just back from seeing my darling grandson in his first gymnastics program. He loves it, is so cute, and really puts his heart and soul into it. Lots of fun. Now I'm beat and I'm going to rest!
Judy
234.6/211.2/209.6/ getting close to 25# down :cool:

Princess1122
06-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone. We had a wonderful weekend here weather wise... today it is cloudy and overcast with rain expected. I did well at W/I... was down 1.4 and I will gladly take that after the massive gain the week before.

Bandit: I will try the recipe, it sounds great!

Judy: Thanks again! You are doing great and like Lauren pointed out you are getting so close! Keep at it!

Lauren: You are doing so well, your stats look awesome! I totally understand about having to change things from time to time to keep things moving along.

Msmeri: Congrats! What a great job you did on your 5K! Awesome!

Chirily: How are you doing with your weight loss?

Lady: I agree with you about eating out, much easier to control and way cheaper! How was the movie? DH and I went to see a movie a few weeks back, it was the new Star Trek movie and even though DH is not a huge fan of that stuff he and I both really enjoyed the movie.

Hope I did not forget anyone! Have a great day!
Princess

bandit2
06-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Good afternoon, everyone:

Msmeri - WOW good for you on the 5K, that is fabulous.

Princess - congrats on your weight loss, that is great.

Sounds like everyone is doing great, so keep it up!

Suppose to be cloudy & rainy up here all week, so that isn't nice.
Got my trailer grass cut & boy was it long, so have to keep on top of that now, but looks nice once it is all done.
Got abit of a cold/sore throat thing going on, so just had soup for lunch today. HIt the spot for a change.

Anyway, hope you are all having a great day. Be kind when it is time to go home. Will be laying low tonight since I don't feel great, probably skip my walk as well.

Take care

Itryharder
06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, Wow! :goodscale: and :bravo: to you. That's a great accomplishment!

Bandit, :goodvibes: feel better soon. Wow, I checked your stats too and I remember how breaking through into onederland was such a challenge, and now you're way under that. Weigh to go!

I'm pleased with my weight loss so far and hope to show another pound down by my Wednesday WI.

Good luck to us all. Keep on keepin' on! Onward and downward and all that good stuff! :cheer:
Judy
234.6/211.4/209.6 and into 25# down and a sticker!

Princess1122
06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi all and happy Tuesday to everyone...

I got out for a couple of walks today with the dogs, not far but at least I got out. Food was good today, yesterday it was not so good... tomorrow it will be even better!

Congrats to all of those that are losing and staying on plan!

Maybe it is time for a challenge or something... to helps us all reach a goal or just get back on track... thoughts?

princess

Itryharder
06-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes Princess, I love the idea of a challenge. We could make it a fourth of July goal. If you all agree, chime in.

Today was a good day--very important since I WI tomorrow. I know I've lost weight this week. I'm just not sure how much. :goodscale:

Everybody have a good day, drink plenty of water, and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/211.4/209.6 for 25# down and getting closer to onederland :cool:

bandit2
06-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - yes, a challenge would be good & Judy mentioned July 4th so that would be fine.

Went to see Star Trek last night & really enjoyed the movie - was good to see how it all got started & special effects were amazing! Good night out.
Had popcorn for my dinner which might not be so good at scales tonight.
Plus I have had a cold this week & had lots of soup/bread for my meals. Which will be high in sodium, so not expecting for any losses this week.
But on the upside - I am feeling better today.

Hope you are doing well!

Itryharder
06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi Bandit,
Glad you're feeling better from your cold and I hope the scale treats you well.

I had a great WI today. I was down 3# which means that I met my first 25# goal. Yeah! WW now gives a metal circle with 25# engraved on it. The disc slips onto the key ring. I'm very proud to have it!

Here's my challenge to myself:
Between now and July 4th:
1. Lose 5#
2. Watch the WW CD and do arm exercises until my leg is good enough for walking.
3. Plan and drink my water
4. Keep focused on the positive!
Good luck to us all. :cheer: What are your goals?
Judy
234.6/208.4/203.4 30# down and closer to onederland :cool:

Princess1122
06-10-2009, 05:58 PM
My goals for the 4th of July

*Lose at least one pound a week (on average - due to TOM)
*Walk one mile, at least, each day.
*Start to do some strength training.
*Drink my water
*Keep my eating on track daily... ugh!

Have a great day all!
Princess

bandit2
06-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Morning, turtles:

Well I was up 1# last night at the scales, so have to do better next week.

Judy - congrats on your fabulous weight loss, that is great!

Judy/Princess - your goals look good & doable.

My goal by July 4th will be:

Lose 5#
Walk 10 miles/week
Journal
Stay away from chips on the weekends!

msmeri
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Lost 4 pounds last night at WI.:cp:

Still feeling motivated from the 5k fitness walk, have been within my points every day but 1 ever since. Our group is doing the sticker thing and after a month whoever is down the most gets a gift certificate.

bandit- have you tried rice cakes? I like chips too and I find the cheddar cheese mini rice cakes fills my desire.

princess- I just started strength/core training 3 days a week, about a week ago. I am not very good at it. But I can tell you, I am working parts of me I didn't know I had.

Judy- Did you injure your leg?

Goal for the 4th of July

Be down by 66 pounds (my half way mark)
Don't drink any achol (empty calories)
Keep busy (now unemployed for the summer)

I am working on putting up a picture of the walk
Will have the brat help me when he wakes up
I tried and it said was not a valid address or something
I think I need a URL
I don't know

Itryharder
06-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey, the challenges are shaping up and so are we!
Msmeri, :goodscale: :cp: :bravo: :cheer: :balloons:
Weigh to go. That is a fantastic weight loss and I'm sure the 5K walk helped too. Yay!

No, I didn't injure my leg, but I have an ongoing problem with bursitis at my hip and my PA told me I have to stay off the :tread: until the inflammation goes down. I'm doing quite a bit better and I can't wait to get into a swimming pool and exercise that way. We've had storms and so much rain that I can't believe we are halfway into June. egads.
In any case, all be well, Bandit, you'll get that bit of a gain off and even more. Keep on keepin' on. If you want to chime in to get support over the weekend because you're worried you'll go off program, try it--I bet someone would be reading and sending you :goodvibes: Also, you have come so far and lost such a good amount of weight. Weigh to go! :carrot:
Gotta run,
Judy
234.6/209.4/205.6 and into 30# down! :cool:

bandit2
06-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Judy - thanks for the support, sometimes we all need a little affirmation for our efforts. We are all lucky to have you here for us!

msmeri
06-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Let's see if I did this right....
You should see me in the visor on the left
And my DH on the right
The other 3 are all but 1 of my wed night WW group

Itryharder
06-11-2009, 07:21 PM
MsMeri, you're looking mighty fine! Thanks for the photo. It looks like you've got a good group there.
Judy

Princess1122
06-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to all. Another cloudy day here I fear but they say no rain today... but they are calling for rain for the next five days... ugh! It has been to wet here this year that it is just getting on my nerves at this point. For some reason the weather just plays with my motivation, if I can get out in the yard and work then I feel much better, get out and walk outside then I feel much better, etc. But watching it rain and being in the house all day just drives me nuts :dizzy:

msmeri: Great picture and you are looking wonderful! Your group looks so happy!

Bandit: You are doing fantastic! You have been a real inspiration to me even if I can not seem to break out of my funk... seeing you makes me want to!

Judy: Great loss! Wow! I am going to look at the diet plan and see if I can figure it out to work for me... thanks again!

Lauren: How are you doing... I think that you have similiar weather to Bandit and I but I could be wrong about that... have you been getting a lot of rain?

All: Have a great day!
Princess

Itryharder
06-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Oops, I stepped on the scale this morning and I shouldn't have. I was up 1 1/2# which is probably something dopey I shouldn't worry about. However, I do need to drink more water today and exercise again. Whoops--I bet that's it! Yesterday I did a 20minute toning DVD and although it didn't feel all that strenuous it was a lot more than I've been doing at all. Yep, I answered the puzzle myself.
Take care, drink plenty of water and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/209.4/205.6 my next 5# goal! :cool:

msmeri
06-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Well I am officially unemployed for about 10 weeks. Gotta keep busy so I don't get the boredom munchies. :ink:

Went for my second day of bike this riding morning. I am getting a little more stable. Don't think I ever get back to the point where I can keep going without my hands on the handlebars like I did when I was a kid. I go about 2.5 miles and when I walk that pattern it takes almost an hour. On the bike it's 30 min. So my heart is really pumping. In about a week I want to lengthen my distance.
:bike2:

Still doing the Stability Ball DVD and my Leslie Sansone DVD every-other day. Lost 4 pounds this week, much better then the .6 from the week before. I am only 12 pounds away from catching up with our leader(I started heaviest of all) 1 by 1, I passed them up. Now I am on a mission. I have to catch up to her. She is not happy. Her husband is really trying to get her to exercise. She got a very expensive treadmill but says she cant use it because who's gonna watch her 3 boys (all under 4)Her down fall, she goes out to eat when ever the girls at he hospital do. She tries to make good choices but we all know how that is.
:tread:

Yesterday was the family favorite :jeno: night. I had 3 slices. They were 8 points a piece. Putting my daily total at 31 over my target range by 3 stupid points. Pizza has become my kryptonite. I just can't eat a serving. Last week I had a huge salad 20 min before the pizza got here, and still ate 3 pieces. The only week I did good is when we were broke, I made the guys meatloaf, and I ate a lean cuisine pizza.

I had a question for you guys:shrug:
I use 8oz of non fat milk in my protein skakes in the morning. I have been counting the milk as 2 points. My leader drinks the same shake with 2% milk and does not count the points for the milk, she says you just check it off as a serving of dairy/milk (you need like what 3 a day)
What is the proper way to do it? Sometimes it is the difference that puts me over for the day and I would really rather not do that if possible.

Judy- Stay off that scale till weigh in day. It will depress you or sometimes even allow you to eat something you shouldn't cuz you think your "fine":nono:

Princess - Rain for the next 5 days? You better build and Ark for you and the doggies:rain:

Chirly- Anybody heard anything?:crossed:

I'll try and go back at look..The other day at work I was catching up reading your posts and I thought somebody mentioned a recipie with sourcrout on it. The other person said they used the whole can and loved it. Can any one show it to me. DH loves sourcrout.

Promice to myself ..."I will not eat desert or drink wine at MIL's Sunday dinner"

there it is in writing
I am accountable :lol:

bandit2
06-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi Msmeri - The milk would still count as 2 points.

If you look back through the posts you will find the cabbage/sauerkrat recipe I posted - I really enjoyed it.

Princess1122
06-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone!

I did not make it to W/I on Saturday... had some stuff going on and just never managed to get there... I don't think that it would have been an inspiring experience anyway =)

Meri: I agree with Bandit... it is 2 point for the milk... Yep, we are building the Ark now, LOL. Ugh, I don't mind rain but enough is enough. My garden looks like a jungle because I can not get out there to weed but the weed loves the rain and are growing way faster then my veggies! I feel for you, I am laid off right now also and it is HARD to stay on plan when you are at home all the time, at least for me it is.

Judy: Don't worry about the gain... as you said, you answered your own questions... I am going to start the detox diet thing to hopefully get me started and maybe help me to just plain feel better... I sent you a couple of questions...

Bandit: How are you doing? Did you go to the trailer this past weekend?

Lauren: How are you doing these days?

Chirily: How are things with you?

I have to get moving... have errands to run today!

LaurenH
06-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Hey there, turtle buds. Look how well everyone is doing! So exciting!

Judy, your stats are great! I'm so happy for you! Weigh to go! :carrot:

Msmeri, I'm VERY impressed with all your working out. Another inspiration to me.

Bandit, you, too, of course. You're so faithful with your exercise.

Princess, I agree about the difficulty of sticking to your plan when you're home all the time. So easy to mindlessly munch, and of course we all know that eating is a stress-reducer. Just a temporary one, since the stresses it CAUSES are even bigger, but still. I'm rooting for you. Would it help if you only allowed yourself to eat in just one location in the house? I know that has made a huge difference for me, only eating at the kitchen table. Keeps the mindless munchy cravings way down.

Princess, to answer your question, it hasn't been that rainy here but it has been unseasonably cool. Yesterday was the first day we hit 80 degrees. I'm not complaining; I love the 60s and 70s. But I've been cold! Losing one's insulation does make a difference!

My Fourth of July goal is to be in the 160s. I'm there now, as of this morning (!!) -- the first time I've seen this "decade" in about 20 years! But TOM looms, and we're going on vacation next week, so if I'm still in the 160s on July 4th, I'll consider it a victory. I'll aim for 168, just to put a little added pressure on myself.

A nice NSV ... this past weekend, I was shopping for jeans because all of mine are getting too big. There was a big sale, and they had some Ralph Lauren jeans for about $30 (normally $90). I tried on the 16s, and they were way too big! So I looked and they didn't have any 14s. I was bummed, but then I saw the size 12 and thought -- what the heck, I'll try them on. Well, they FIT!! And they're not even stretch jeans! Of course I HAD to buy them at that point. :D

Another fun NSV ... we went to a church yesterday that we hadn't attended in a couple of months, and I saw a friend I hadn't seen since the fall or so. She walked up to me and said, in her rather blunt manner, "You have lost a TON of weight. When did this happen?" I wish I'd said "Just last night. Heard a big WHOMP ..." Ah well, missed opportunity. Anyway, it was both funny and nice.

Have a great day, everyone.

bandit2
06-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - no, I didn't go to trailer this past weekend. Had a cold & decided to stay home & cut my grass. We also have had a lot of rain, but then it clears up & is nice and sunny for awile.

Judy - so, this plan you are trying, what is it? Always interested in new things that seem to be working. Keep up the good work.

Lauren - you are really doing great & nice job on the jeans! That must have been sooooooooo exciting. That really is a victory & funny about the comments - some people really don't like others to do well. Kind of sad really & says alot about them deep down. But, just take all the compliments anyway you can!!

I am feeling better today & made a big salad with tuna for my lunch. I didn't have salad all last week - just soup & bread & that showed at the scale.
Also am planning on doing my walk tonight - also missed that last week. Sucks to be sick & this cough I had once you get started you just can't stop.
On the upside I missed Ribfest - so saved some points there for sure. And there is another one later in the summer I usually go so will still have a treat coming up.

Well, ladies lets all get our butts in gear!

See you "lighter"

InDecember
06-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi! Can I join you!
I am on day 2.

msmeri
06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Black Bean Tostadas
A quick low fat, high fiber, mealess treat!

Ingredients

2 - Cups Black Beans (canned), drained and mashed
1- small Onion minced, yield about 1/4 cup
1 -clove Garlic, minced
4TBS - of your favorite Salsa (I used 1/2 cup)
1.5 tsp.- of Chili Powder, or as desired
2 Cup - Romaine lettuce shreaded
1 Cup - Tomato diced

Directions

1) In medium sauce pan sprayed w/non-stick cooking spray, and heated to medium/medium high, combine onion and garlic. Heat til semi-translucent, about 1-2 mins.

2) In same pan place your drained beans, in and mash. Place in salsa and chili powder, heat through. If mix gets dry or hard to stir, splash in a few TBSP. of water.

3) Spray another medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Sprinkle tortillas with water; place in skiller one at a time. Cook 20-30seconds flipping once until hot and pliable.

4) Spread 1/4cup bean mixture evenly over tortilla. Layer with lettuce and tomatoes. And Enjoy!

Addition add on's not included in calorie count,
black olives, sour cream, plain fat-free yogurt, cilantro, cheese, or peppers.

Weight Watcher Points: 2

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 126.4
Total Fat: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 55.1 mg
Total Carbs: 24.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g
Protein: 6.0 g

:stir:

msmeri
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi and :welcome2: to our Turtle group December,

Glad you stopped by. We are determined to stick with it, slow and steady. Just like the and Tortoise & Hare. We will cross that finish line. It's a wonderful group here, close knit. Someone is always around to answer questions, if your new to Weight Watchers. Or to hold you hand during difficult times. You know when you have that opened, sugar filled, can of soda in your hands and your ready to give up. Just jump on in and get your feet wet.

Turtle Trivia

Several species of turtles can live to be over a hundred years of age including the American Box Turtle.

Turtles live on every continent except Antarctica.

Turtles range in size from the 4-inch Bog Turtle to the 1500-pound Leathery Turtle.

The shell of a turtle is made up of 60 different bones all connected together.

Turtles have good eyesight and an excellent sense of smell. Hearing and sense of touch are both good and even the shell contains nerve endings.

Itryharder
06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
:welcome3: to In December!!!! Of course you're welcome to join us. You'll find that we're very supportive and although we have all stumbled at some time or another (and I've stumbled a million times) that we all keep on trying to knock off the weight. Some of us are keen with exercise, others not so much. Everything goes and we all keep on keepin' on. Good luck to you and tell us something about yourself.

Lauren, :goodscale: :cp: :bravo: :cheer: oh my goodness. You're doing great! Keep up the good work and keep on letting us know about it. You're an inspiration. Size 12 Lauren jeans!!!! Holy Moly! And I laugh about your imagined response to the gal you met at church. I mean what did she expect you to say? Very funny.

MsMeri, you're doing great! I'm glad the gals straightened out the milk question. Yes, we are supposed to have 2-3 servings of milk dailydepending on age and a few other factors,
but the points count! Same with the healthy oils, etc. from the healthy guidelines. I am amazed at your accomplishment. You must be feeling wonderful. And weigh to go with the exercise. Wow!!! :bravo: also--thanks for the very low point recipe. It looks yummy./ :chef:

Bandit, I've started an eating plan that my sisters are on. It's basically a shake for breakfast, a big salad with 4 oz. protein for lunch, a 4oz. protein for dinner with a couple of veggies and a small baked potato, and two pieces of fruit for snack. Interestingly enough, this is working for me. Iv'e pointed it out and depending on the choice of snack I make, it's between 24-26 points. I've been away for the weekend and tried to stay as close to the plan as I could, but it was tough. Tomorrow I have my book club which also means lunch out, etc. etc. but I have been losing weight on this and at the very least I broke my plateau. I knew I needed to do something different and this worked!

Princess, you should have what you need to know in the e-mail and I'm also sending you lots of luck! Hey, it's hard being home. We're experiencing rain here and storms and rapidly growing weeds. Is there any hobby you have that might occupy your time and keep you away from the fridge while you are stuck inside? I'm sending you :goodvibes:

Hey guys, I have nice news to report. My ds and his little family are doing so well. They had a rough patch there for awhile, but things are looking so much better. Okay, I've got a ton of things to do now that we're back, but I wantedto chime in and see how everyone's doing.
Judy
234.6/211.4/209.6 and looking forward to 30# down!

Princess1122
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Evening all!

December: Welcome! Very glad to have you with us!

Judy: Got it! Thanks so much! I am eager to get started. Yes, keeping busy really helps and I have been doing things around the house... also pulling the ever growing weeds in the veggie garden... and knitting, etc. Great news about your son! I am very happy for you and your family!

Bandit: Sounds about the same here, it rains then the sun comes out for a minute... then the clouds roll in again.

Lauren: A huge congrats! I actually made it to a size 12 last summer... did not last long but I got there! Great luck to you on getting down to a 10, then an 8, etc, etc, etc!

I worked in the garden today, pulled a ton of weeds and picked some radishes that were ready! Fixed a pane of glass that was broken in the back door and then worked to put a waterproof lips around the tub. Had to go to lowes twice, LOL, when the worker guys saw me come in for the second time they scatterd... I think I scared them with all of my questions the first time :D

Itryharder
06-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Turtles,
Oops, I put the wrong weight down on my signing off. Here's where I am now!!!! 208.4 and I need to reach 204.6# to be 30# down. Whew! It's wonderful to see my weight actually change and I'm not used to the new numbers. Yay!!!! :goodscale:
Judy

bandit2
06-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Morning, turtles:

Welcome December - I am sure you will enjoy our group & new tips are always welcome!

Judy - you are doing great & thanks for the diet update. Sounds interesting.

Princess - hope you are keeping away from treats & keeping yourself busy.

Msmeri - you are also doing great with your weight loss. Keep it up!

I got my walk in last night but only did 2 miles since I started to cough, but at least I am back at it.
Back OP and had big salaD with tuna for lunch then chicken, brussel sprouts & sweet potatoe for dinner & didn't need evening snack. Today for breakfast I had 1/2 whole wheat pita with tomato, lettuce & mayo - that was very good and filling. Having same lunch & dinner as yesterday.

Hope you are all having a great OP day & remember "Drink your water"

Itryharder
06-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Bandit, nice menus! They'll keep you full and happy and help the weight continue to come off. :chef: :goodscale:
Judy
234.6/208.4/204.6 and thinner for 30# down :cool:

ladynredd
06-16-2009, 05:22 PM
we had a really good time -- didn't allow little challenges like actually getting there to spoil the trip. (Horrible accident on I-15 that necessitated closing the whole freeway and an extra four hours driving!) Both shows we went to, Cirque du Soleil's Mystere and Terry Fator, were fabulous. I had never been to live shows before meeting my DH and I really enjoy them!

Good to sleep in my own bed again and have more control over what I eat (cuz I do the cooking) and my exercise. Going shopping tomorrow to restock the fridge ... climbing right back on that horse ...

LaurenH
06-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Welcome, December! Wonderful to meet you. I hope you post often.

Lady, glad you're back safe and sound and back up on that horse. That's the ticket!

Bandit, I admire your tenacity -- walking even when you're getting over a cough. As always, very inspirational.

Judy, I am LOVING watching your progress!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to give you a BIG HUG!!!! :carrot:

Princess, isn't home ownership fun? Well, some of the time, I guess. There's always something that needs doing, that's for sure.

Now that I've met my last goal and am in the 160s, I updated my signature with my *new* goal -- the 150s!!! Wow!! I'd love to get there before we head to the Adirondacks in the fall. That's about 16 weeks away. Even counting any weight gain from the upcoming vacation, that sounds do-able. So long as I don't have a plateau like the one I just came off of -- 10 weeks to lose 5 pounds. I guess that's not really a plateau, but it felt like one. Anyway, I'll be happy with any progress I make. Trying not to get a "hare" mindset here and stay happy with turtledom. That's who wins in the end!

I really, really want to get to goal this time. Studies have shown that people who actually do reach their weight loss goal have better odds of keeping off the weight long term. I'm not sure what exactly my goal is yet, but I'm thinking it'll by the high 130s at home, probably the mid 140s at WW (end of day, wearing clothing). 145 is their high goal for my height. I could live with that!

Have a great day, everyone. We can do this!

Itryharder
06-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi Turtles,
We are doing so great. I think we're awesome!!!
Chrily, how are you doing? :goodvibes:

InDecember, how is your week going? :cheers:

Hey Lady, climbing back up on a horse is what we Turtles do so well. You've got the right idea. Weigh to go! :cheer:

Princess, it's great that you're keeping busy. Let us know how the food goes today. :chef:

Bandit, is your cold over yet? Good work with the exercise and meal planning. That'll do the trick. :tread:

Lauren, wow! you're doing so great. It is so exciting to see you select a new goal. I'm projecting myself into your shoes and enjoying how I'll feel when I get there. What progress you've made. :goodscale:

I had a nice WI at WW's today. I lost .6# which is good since I lost 3# last week and in the past I would have slid backwards instead of keeping the weight off and even losing more.

I'm going to start a new thread, so look for us at #217 Bale of Turtles Whooping It Up!

Judy
234.6/207.8/204.6 and closer to 30# down :cool: