Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 6/1/09

Good morning. Had a good weekend, lots of exercise: biking, golfing, walking and did not lose an ounce! I don't get it. I also watched what I was eating. It's just so hard post-menopausal to lose weight. I'll keep plugging.

DH and I decided to have our driveway and porch replaced with pavers. I've been thinking of doing this for a while and in the same week I had two people recommend this one company--nice work. It's not cheap though.

I've decided to repaint the family room. It needs it badly, so that will probably keep me busy this weekend.

How is everyone else?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's crazy here--my office looks like a war zone with boxes of stuff for packet stuffing and boxes of stuff for orientation. Include with that an additional 3 6-foot tables to assemble all the packets and my office is like a maze. I go home at night exhausted. The phone rings a lot with orientation calls and my to do list is never ending...sorry for the whining.

Tonight is baccalaureate for DS #2; as part of it they get pinned by an alum of the school and in his case, his dad will have that honor. I'm sure I'll shed a tear or two. Friday is their prom and Sunday is graduation...time sure flies.

We're planning on going over to see my dad after graduation so he can see Mark dressed in his tux. (They don't wear the traditional cap & gown.) I hear it's pretty impressive to see the boys all dressed up. They say they go in as boys and graduate as men and they're right about that--he has changed a lot in the last four years.

I haven't been doing all that great with eating--between stress, being tired, emotional, etc. I haven't been eating the best. The only thing I can say that is not so bad is my snacking; nothing has really "hit the spot" so that part is good.

I'll head to my meeting at noon (it'll give me a chance to re-group) and hopefully it'll be a good one in terms of topic, etc.

Lori, it's harder to leave them when they're a little older. It's nice to get out a little and not worry. How have you been feeling?

Lisa, I really need to do some painting but not sure when that'll happen. We did pick up the stain for the back deck and hopefully the weather will cooperate that we can get that done in the near future. This weekend is kind of crazy and next weekend won't be much better with graduation parties. Somehow we'll fit it in.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #3  

Lori, Glad you handled the separation anxiety well. How are you feeling?

Melissa, Yes, this is a busy time for you. I've also been hit with the "snack bug" and I've been eating pretzels. They're low points, but I worry about the sodium intake--gotta have salt, don't like the unsalted ones. I got on the scale this morning and I was down 1/2 pound. Woo-woo. : ( It's really discouraging, but I'm sticking with it. Prom and graduation in one weekend is a little unusual, isn't it?

We had a layoff here yesterday--scary!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #4  

Lisa, the snack bug definitely got me at the scale today...I was up 2# so I need to buckle down before things get out of hand. I'm hoping that next week I'll be down a little because then I'll be maintaining where I want to be. I'm a little over my "personal" goal but just by a little over 2#; it's more a matter of being aware of my eating and planning better. I think the Prom/Graduation in one weekend is a little odd but my son goes to a private school and this way if they don't "behave" they can hold the card of "you can't graduate on Sunday" over them, It's going to be a busy weekend overall. Congrats on your loss! We can overcome the "snack" monster.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #5  

Melissa, Sorry about the gain. So, what snacks have you been hitting? I know that you like corn chips and Chex Mix. I went to a nice dinner last night and didn't bother getting on the scale this morning. I ate a lot of food last night.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #6  

Lisa, I've been getting into tortilla chips, pretzels, and even some cookies (not my norm). I'm not sure if it's stress triggered or what but what ever it is it needs to stop! Last night I got derailed by the cheese cubes at the reception after baccalaureate.

Last edited by MelissaL; 06-04-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #7  

Goodness ladies, I need to stay out of the kitchen! I was doing so well today and then after everyone left I ate 2 small bags of Fritos and 2 wafer cookies...and now I'm sitting here asking myself "why?"--because I'm tired, stressed, and a little melancholy about the fact my "baby" is graduating from high school in less than 3 days.

Anyway, I changed my profile picture to a more recent one. The picture was taken last night after baccalaureate. If I can figure out how to post a full picture of the three of us I'll get it on here. Just not sure how to do it.

Lori, how did you get your picture to post?