Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile June 2009 Chick Chat - Come Chat With Us

Good Morning,

June, can you believe it.. .finally summer (almost )

Hope everyone is doing well. Nothing is happening this side of the Mississippi which is good, I like it when things are calm and quiet.

Still having problems sleeping at night, my hips and knees keep waking me (I have arthritis since I was 12).... I'm not crazy about taking pills unless I reallllllly have to but I think that time is coming near lol.

Other than that, things are really good, no complaints from this peanut gallery.

How are you girls? Hope peace finds you all today.

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 06-01-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Hi Leenie - I hear you on the pills, but sometimes it's silly to suffer... you know what I mean!

I'm tired, folks - but June 1st - wow! Where is it all going?? I feel like life is zipping by these days... but that's likely due to the 'holding pattern' I am currently still in.

Still not entirely well, but sleep and fluid and good, healthy food helps... huh, just as it would if I WAS entirely well! Funny that! Haven't run in two weeks with being sick, and am missing it desperately. Getting on that treadmill tonight, even if I have to walk!

How are the rest of our chicks??

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 06-01-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good for you Heather, walking is excellent. I used to power walk 5 miles a day... when I was young of course lolol.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #4  

Yey its already June, my birth month. Hi to all.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola All.

Yikes June already?

Leenie -- Sorry to hear you have been in pain. I can sympathize, I have arthritis in my Spine. Not fun.

Heather -- I have been walking too, just around the parking lot at work on my lunch, but its moving......

Hi Sophia! When is your bday?

Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone,

taking a break from the aftermath (what else can it be called?) of estate/will *crap*... heartwrenching, but it is keeping me somewhat occupied. I do a bit, then clean.. my windows are sparkling, in & out... fridge cleaned out, carpet cleaned (we bought a steam cleaner a few months ago)... there were a lot of spills from people here during that first week and after the service.... finally was able to dig outside (it's been cold & miserable).. and planted flower seeds & put in a few more perennials... I'm slowly putting in perennials (over the past few years).

A good friend just called & we are heading out for a walk shortly. I am tentatively going back to work June 15... only 2 weeks of work and then July & Aug off.. If I don't go back now, I will have to in mid-Aug or I will never be ready for school starting..I'd rather go now than have to in Aug.

I take the dog in to the vet tomorrow for a dressing change and to find out the results of the tumour they removed last week, along with a toe on his front paw. Hopefully, it won't be more bad news.. I don't think I can take a whole lot more.

It's sunny .. the sky is blue and it's almost warm
Old 06-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #7  
Heather 2.0

Debbie - I think about you every day. And I'll have all my fingers and toes crossed for you at the vet tomorrow.

Hang in there chick - we love you
Heather
Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #8  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Ditto on Heather's post Debbie. I've been thinking about you a lot. Best wishes to your pooch! Give us an update after the visit tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #9  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Debbie - great big Sometimes when God taketh away he leaves a VERY clean house. I hope that doesn't come out as crass - it certainly isn't meant that way. Its a saying passed through my mom from my grandmother on to me, and I pass it on to you in the spirit of love and understanding for the loss you must feel. I am glad you will have July and August off from work, and that the sky is blue

Tonight, here in the pac NW, the skies opened up it was almost like a monsoon. Call me crazy, but after a week of heat it was the most beautiful thing I could imagine.

I only have this week and next to get through before my summer begins. I honestly feel like I'm dialing it in at this point, but I just hope that my profs understand and support me. I don't have to be great, I just have to be done. Sometime between now and Friday I have to miraculously create 9 more pages of content for my term paper. I picked my topic REALLY early, and its turning out to be a total bust Its ok, though, as they say... B's get degrees.

Leenie - I'm sending mental pain blockers your way tonight in the hope you get some sleep.

Oh, and HI! Sophia!

G'night all, and Happy June.

Amarie

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 06-03-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Well I have missed my med for like three of four days and today I flipped out and just snapped...I hate when i get to that point. Every month around TOM I am soo forgetful with my meds. I am stressed. We are leaving for the beach in like 3 days. I had asked my sis in law to go that way I have someone to walk with at night and then someone to sit with the kids some to give me and him time out. Well she has a baby and then we said her boyfriend (which we are good friends with also) could go. Well his mom said she wouldnt watch his son and now he has to go...Now its starting to stress me out. because now we are over our limit with people so I feel bad about that. Its just a big mess and his mom is being a jerk about it...she gets paid to watch him the whole week and will still get paid but is making him take him along on someone elses vaca. If he doesnt she will kick him out....such a long story..

Anyways I want to just say never mind I dont want anyone to go...Its soooo stressing....UGHHH....

Ok well I have tons of errands to run so I am going to go!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #11  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

I was off today and it just flew by. I ran some errands, met a friend for lunch and played pool tonight. We lost miserably. I feel like I didn't get anything done. I always feel that way if I don't get the house clean. Why is that? Probably just a woman thing.

Momof4, I'll say it again, I don't know how you do it. You are amazing with all those kids. I hope you really enjoy your vacation. You deserve it.

Amarie, it's almost over! Hang in there. I'm so impressed with you going back to school. We had major storms here tonight too. It was great! They really cooled things down.

Good night all.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #12  

Thanks hope there are somedays I dont know how I do it...I am so tired...which I know is from missing meds. I have so much to pack I want to go get a stacker and get myself awake but they are bad and I havent taken any in a year or so....Still havent figured out the plan for taking extra people...BLAHHHHH ok well gonna try and go get stuff packed!!! TONS OF FUN!!! I also have to cook some meals ahead of time so thats less cooking I am doing down there!!! Ok lata everyone have a good day!!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

hi.. update from vet... it was cancer.. subungual squamish cell carcinoma.. how's that for a mouthful.. however, diagnosis (from the vet pathologist) is "minimally invasive & almost certainly cured by this amputation". Coda (our dog) has the dressing off now, but still has the plastic cone around his head.. the stitches come out next Friday... he's getting around pretty well.

Take care everyone.. i'm going away for the weekend with my hobby group.. am going to try to think about other things for a few days.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:20 AM   #14  

Well its 4 am and NO I am not just an early riser...I havent been to bed yet. I had a baby up until like 2:30 and she just wanted to play, sing laugh....I think she drank some mt dew or something...then my husband and I just sat and talked about all different stuff. He just left for work soooo I am gonna try to go sleep hopefully since everyone was up late they will sleep in but they are all super excited about the beach so who knows!! Ok leaving for the beach tomorrow late night!!! YAAAAA
Old 06-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #15  
Heather 2.0

Sorry to hear it Debbie, but that's a good prognosis! You take a few days and rest and heal.

Mom - have fun at the beach!
Closed Thread