Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #106  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

HEATHER !!! gentle ----> can't wait to hear from you.

Buddly, awww good luck to your DD.. flying is scary when your alone (IMHO).
Happy Belated Canada Day

Purefire getting in your walk was great good luck being OP today.

Hope, Jelly, Mare

Gotta go, I have so much work to complete before leaving today for the 3 day weekend.

Happy Thursday Chickies

Old 07-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 230.4/162.2/140

Height: 5feet 2inches

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT THURSDAY SO FAR MY DAY NOT TO BAD JUST SLOW AT WORK HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT 4TH!!!! MY HUSBAND AND I ARE DRIVING TO JERSEY TO GO TO SIX FLAGS THE ONE HERE IN MD REALLY ISN'T THAT GREAT AT ALL WE DON'T HAVE OUR KIDS THIS WEEKEND IT WILL BE A BLAST W/JUST US 2 I LOVE ROLLER COASTER'S PLUS THEY ARE HAVING FIREWORK SHOW AT 1030 WE WILL HAVE A LONG DAY I'M SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT HOPE IT'S NICE OUT

TALK TO YOU ALL SOON!!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

G'day ladies.

Heather - hope you're feeling ok!

Jelly - I'm jealous that you get to go on the roller coasters. My husbands a big wuss and won't go on the with me, and it's not fun to go on them by myself.

Jelly's right - it is a very boring/slow day today. If anyone has something fun to share - please do!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Hi Everyone.

Heather: Hope your doing ok.

Jelly: Enjoy your trip to six flags. I'm not a roller coaster person. I am afraid of heights.

Leenie: Enjoy your 3 day weekend.

It's only the 2nd of July and so far this month is going down hill. Which I sort of expected. I am hoping after the 4th things will get better.

So I need to vent..

Today I did almost nothing. I made my bed but I still have to clean the rest of my room which is not really a mess I just like it a certain way. I had I list of things I wanted to do today as well. Instead I took a nap.
Which I needed but my mother called and woke me up and I've spent the last 2 hours taking care of her. She's on medication and lost her meds 10 days ago. She hasn't taken anything since. She was going off the wall and the fact that she was drinking and in fact drunk didn't help the situation. I got to the bar she was at and told her to pack up her stuff.. it's time to go home. Which she did.. thank god. Then I called the pharmacy to find out what I could do about getting her medication. The insurance won't cover it until July 10th, but her prescription is cheap enough that they gave me a 15 day supply for $11. Why no one thought to do this is beyond me.

I've also been in a crappy mood since this morning. So that is probably the main reason I got nothing done and took a nap. I think almost my whole family has a facebook account. The issue was the comment my cousin Brooke made which started an argument between family members.
The comment was only...."remember, remember the 5th of november. the gunpowder, treason and plot. i know of no reason why the gunpowder
treason should ever be forgot. ( i really want to watch this right now.)"
It really meant nothing. The date however did. My cousin Josh made a comment on it that caused the argument. My grandfather died on Nov 5th 2008. and July 4th is his birthday. It is still hard on alot of my family members especially me that he is not going to be here this year. Just reading the posted comment made me so upset.

I'm sorry I really don't vent this much. Those were just the two things that were really bothering me today. I can usually just deal with it on my own without saying anything.

The only good thing today is that I've been OP. I am going for my walk which I do every night in about an hour. I am looking forward to tomorrow night. I'm taking my son to see the fireworks.

Purefire =^.~=
Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #110  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Thanks, chicks!

Just a quick note to say I'm home - pretty sore, and a bit barfy, but I'm doing okay

Grateful to you all for such awesome support -will chat soon!!
Heather
Old 07-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #111  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Heather, you should be one HOTTER mama by now. I hope the next few days won't be too painful for you. I'm sure it will all be worth it. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Buddly, how did dd do on the flight? Flying alone can be a little scary the first time. How are your meds working out? Things any better? Happy Belated Canada Day! I tend to stay away from the bugs as much as possible too. The itching from the bites is miserable.

Purefire, sounds like you had a rough day. Sorry you are having to take the roll of parent with your mom. That's tough. I didn't know you had a son. I hope you both enjoy the fireworks! Good job on staying OP with all the stress of the day!

Marbear, I wish I had something fun to report but just another day at work for me too!

Jelly, have fun with dh and the rollercosters! I haven't been on one in about 5 years now. I used to love them.

My eating wasn't what it should be today. I did well at breakfast and dinner but lunch... I had some mozzarella sticks followed by a burger and fries. Tomorrow I must do better. I paid with a stomach ache for part of the afternoon. I'm off tomorrow and just working around the house and fixing something for our cookout/potluck at work for the July 4th holiday.

Check in with you ladies tomorrow. Any plans for the 4th? I'll be working all weekend.

Last edited by hope4me; 07-02-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #112  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Heather, just missed you!! Glad you're home and ok. Get some rest and chat soon.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #113  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Heather's Home !!! whooohooooo you rest up girlie. How are you feeling today? what exactly did they do? You certainly are a brave soul, I'm very proud of you.

Hope no plans for the 4th... which is kinda nice. I just wish the sun would stay out.

Purefire, you can always destress here, thats what support is about and I think no one understands that more than us chicks here. Sorry to hear about your mom.... I can understand why your moods have been out of sorts, its to much for just one person to deal with. Try not to pay mind to your cousins comments... like my DD would say.. boys go to jupiter to get stupider and she's only 7 LOL. Pretty sad a 7 year old can figure out boys already LOL. Enjoy the fireworks with your son.

Jelly.... enjoy NJ, hope it stays sunny for you. I live about 1 1/2 hrs from 6 flags and the last time I was there I think I was about 18 years old... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago LOL. I used to go for the concerts... last concert I saw there was... ut ummmm.... the Oak Ridge Boys haaaaaa bet you have to look them up LOL. Anyway enjoy.

Marbear I'm with your DH.. no fast rides for me. about 10 years ago I went on the tilt a whirl with my nephew and neice... when I got off I was so sick, my insides were shaking for about 2 hours. It was aweful. I learned my lesson LOL, and to think I loved that stuff as a kid.

Whats up with the rest of you chickies.... ???

Have a blessed day
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #114  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola Chicks. I hope you all have a Great 4th! Um which brings me to the next question........um it is July, R we going to start a new thread?? lol. Doesn't make no difference to me, was only asking!

Have a Great One!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #115  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning

Heather so glad to hear you are at home and alright. You take it easy and heal well *gentle*

Well DdC made it alright and it sounds like she is having fun. She doesn't fight until Sunday, but she said she has 14 matches!! She is going to be so tired when she gets home Monday. Her coach said he will take her to the team physio and get her elbow looked at today and again after her matches, so hopefully she can get some help there as it still causes her a lot of problems (she dislocated her elbow in Sept) She is nervous about the trip home, but I'm sure there will be others leaving at the same time so that will help.

Hope I'm still a little discomboobilated. So many changes have been going on in life lately. I have been going to a weekly group to learn relaxation techniques and how to destress. Its nice to not be alone. Thanks for asking tho.

Happy 4th to all my American friends!!! Stay safe and have fun!!!

Hope you are all doing well. I have to start getting ready to head out to work.

Take care all,
K
Old 07-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #116  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Hi

Feeling much better today - I am MUCH more able to handle pain than nausea! As soon as I'd thrown up enough to get the anesthetic out of my system, I felt much better I'm very slow, and less mobile than I thought I'd be, but telling myself it will all be worth it! I'm not one to sit still, so recovery will be a bit boring!

Buddly - discomboobilated? ME TOO!! hahaha

Leenie - I went the whole hog - tummy tuck for the excess skin, breast lift and augmentation. It was so funny to take my clothes off in front of my mum last week - she was really against my surgery, couldn't see anything wrong with how I looked. She was really shocked at the results of losing so much weight, and came on board supportive after that - it was nice to get her support in the end.

I needed the boob lift, Leenie, but I'd gone from a 48DD at my heaviest, to a 36B - and a very small, sad, deflated B... I always joked that I looked fine in a padded, underwire bra, but take it off and where are my knees? Oh there they are - under my sad little boobs! So the surgeon explained that a lift would lose me a cup size - !!

Anyway, I'm selfishly rambling on about myself - I love you chicks!! Have a great 4th my friends South of the Border, and a marvelous weekend!

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 07-03-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #117  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh my it is July isn't it LOL Sassy's right
Thanks Purefire for starting up a July thread... I'll close this one now.

Heather I'm sooooooooo happy for you... and I know exactly what you mean about the knee covers .... horrrray to your mom as well. We love you too chickie. I'm glad the pain is bearable... I too toss my cookies with anesthesia.. ick. Feel better toots

Buddly I'm glad dd is doing well

On to July...............
Closed Thread