Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160

Height: 5'6"

Default Diet-to-Go dinner only?

Good Evening ListMates,

Is anyone on the board doing "dinner" only? I need to cut back on expenses and thought I might try it. If you are doing this, what do you eat for lunch? I need ideas because I don't want to blow the whole thing now. I've come too far to gain it all back now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mila
hacamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:00 AM   #2  

Hi,

I'm doing the dinner only plan now (just switched). I didn't like the low fat food and really love the low carb meals. I didn't want to give them up. The low carb plan gives you delectable large pieces of salmon, catfish, all kinds of delcious chicken dishes and pork chops and stuff. I am doing the 5 day plan lunch and dinner because it basically translates to having one meal per day. I buy three weeks like that so that gives me 30 meals and will save me a fortune! That gives me 10 meals a week (and both the lunch and dinners are very filling so even the lunches are just fine for dinners). It's almost half of what I was paying, so I am saving money and getting a nice delicious gourmet meal each night.

I have a Jimmy Dean DLite Breakfast sandwich in the morning (those Turkey sauasage and egg muffins are really good)! They really fill you up and are only 250 calories. I will either have one of them or some egg beaters with a few Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage links or patties (if I eat just a muffin or a bagel it makes me even hungrier faster so I try to stay away from those breakfasts).

For lunch I have a nice big healthy salad. Because I have so many calories to spend doing things this way, I load it up with yummy things. I throw in some delcious imitation crab legs, a few slices of Avacado, shredded cheddar, iceburg, cherry tomato's, mushrooms, red pepper, and some sliced up Pepperoncini. I love to use T Marzetti's fresh refrigerated dressings. They have a really yummy Mango and Ginger, Strawberry Chardonnay and of course thier ranch is to die for. Hope that helps and good luck.

I do have a few Hershey Kisses for a treat, but as long as I only have 4 or 5 I'm OK.
Lisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #3  
blw

Lisa - if only one could stop at 4 or 5. If I start, I can't stop!
blw is offline   Reply With Quote