Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 09:12 AM   #1  
Growing in Christ

Default Christian Encouragers #148

This is a great group of christians who are there for each other and lift each other in prayer. Everyone is welcome!
Old 06-06-2002, 09:22 AM   #2  
Growing in Christ

1) Check out thread #147 to catch up and meet Michelle

2) I would like to begin praying for our thread in a more *intentonal* way... would you all mind posting a liitle "bio" of sorts, and include any particular area of struggle you may have in the area of your weight loss.

I'll put mine here also, should anyone else care to do something similar:

I am a homeschooling mother of 5 kids, ages 9 years down to 4 months old. This plays a part in one of my biggest struggles, and that is mindless nibbling!

I topped out during my last pregnancy at about 194 lbs. I lost about 20 during those first few weeks after giving birth, and then began doing Weight Watchers Online, and am also trying to use the principles I learned in the Weigh Down program. Since late February, I've lost 25 lbs, and would like to lose around 40 more.
Oh yeah... I'm a little over 5'1" tall, so 105-110 is a reasonable goal, I think.

Patricia

173/147+/138 (next mini goal)/105ish (final goal)

Last edited by losing4good; 06-06-2002 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:56 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi Patricia! How is that little one doing? I can't even imagine how busy you are with a little one and homeschooling on top of that! You've also been doing great with your weight loss.

Here's my bio: I am a librarian in a Middle School - I sit down a lot on my job but I love it. I am the mother of 2 boys - 20 and 18 so I'm entering into the first faze of empty nest syndrome. I have lost 40 lbs. and have another 30 to go. I'm 5'2" and would like to get to 130. My biggest struggle is right after work-not eating everything in sight!! I have a wonderful supportive DH who can eat anything and not gain. His favorite food group is sugar. and that makes it even more difficult for me.

Have a great day!
Old 06-07-2002, 09:57 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Just bringing this to the top!

Things are going great here except for the fact that I had 2 pieces of pizza last night instead of 1. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though and I'm carrying on today.

It's pouring rain outside. We need it so desperately that no one is complaining about getting wet. I'll do my indoor walking tape tonight. I'm looking forward to trying the 2 mile one!

Have a great day!
Old 06-07-2002, 05:27 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default FRIDAY AT LAST!!

:Happy Friday--
Hi Ladies, just got back into town with my daughter and a full truck of her stuff from college. She is home for the week-end, a wedding for friends, then back for finals for 3 days, then the BOYFRIEND -- goes up and brings her home for the summer!! Next year she will be enrolled in a Christian college closer to home!!
We have my step-D's 8th grade graduation going on tonight, family over for a little get together before. Gotta get ready for that so I will do a quick bio to refresh you all---BORING!!!
My weight is not too awful bad-- I am 6' even and weigh 168 at the present. I weighed under 160 my whole life until I turned 42-- I am now 48-- a few years ago everything changed in my belly!! I was eating like I always do--A PIG-- and all of a sudden I had balloned up to 190-- toooo much fast food, etc. Long story short, got married to my wonderful wife who will not tolerate poor exercise and eating habits-- if she can help it anyway. We started a gym program and I was able to get to 165 and pretty well maintain. The reason I wound up at this site was thru a recipe search-- my cholestrol all of a sudden was high after never having a problem before (welcome old age!)
Old 06-07-2002, 05:53 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default I"M BACK!!!

Doorbell- any way as I was checking out the site I found it quite interesting-- I was brand new at this stuff-- so now you guys are stuck with me!! My goal and my wifes are to stay healthy and maintain our weight-- I hope by being here I can help support you as much as you guys support me!! My son is 6'4'' and weighs 175-- he is thin-- muscular--always working out-- but thin. My daughter on the other hand does not burn off the calories as easy- she is 5'10'' and weighes 160-- she is not thin-- she exercises hard every day and eats way more sensible than her brother and I , but the pounds stay-- she has to work twice as hard to lose half as much!! Her mom is thin too, but there are some heavy ones on that side of the family. My wife is 5'6'' 120 to 123 and my step-d is 5'8'' 130. The whole family-- except me is pretty active-- I have my days-- just not too many of them-- although I do work hard at my job-- drywall.
Well I gotta check out for now and get this party started!! See Ya-- In His Love- Gary
Old 06-08-2002, 07:50 AM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Just a quick request for prayer.........Dd's state finals are today. We leave in 15 minutes...........and tensions are high........
Thanks! I'll check back in later with the results.
Ginny
Old 06-08-2002, 02:51 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

GINNY--
GOOD LUCK TODAY
GARY
Old 06-09-2002, 09:35 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good Lord's day!
Thanks, Gary for your good wishes. They lost the first game......Dd had a great game personally, but her team did not play behind her. Many errors. She however, got her 300th K of the season (finished with 309). And has much to be proud of.
Gotta go get in the shower for church.
Ginny
Old 06-09-2002, 07:27 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
We heard a great sermon from our new Assistant Pastor this morning. (he was just inducted last Sunday). Hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Ginny
Old 06-09-2002, 08:09 PM   #11  

Default Bio

Joanne age 52 yrs. (fighting it) married mom of 2, grandmother of 2. Southern Ontario Canada residents, farm of 80 acres (leased)
hobby playing, with 1 horse, 2 goats, rabbits, guinea pig,dog and barn cats. Fortunate to live right next door to Dh's grandmother, 5th. generation now living on this farm.

I now weight 183 lbs. down from 196 and keeping on keeping on.
I'm an emotional eater, depressed I eat, rewarding a stressful day, I eat, simply put, I love to eat. Weight watchers is teaching this ole gal how to better eat.

We've lost our Aunt this week but thanks everyone for your kind prayers. I pray she is in a better place now, free from the pain of these past 2 months. We mourn the loss but wouldn't wish her return to such pain.

Its been a beautiful sunny, hot summers day here today on this our Lord's day. God Bless each of you.

Sister Joanne
(Babysitter of 2-4 depending on the day
Old 06-09-2002, 10:37 PM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Evening! It's been a wonderful day! We had a great service this morning. Came home and had lunch and the relaxed. Friends dropped in for a weiner roast. Very relaxing!

My weight maintained this week which is pretty good considering it the old PMS week and I usually go up a couple of pounds.

Gutchie: My condolences to you on the passing of your aunt. It's not easy to lose someone even though they are in a much better place.

I'm off to bed soon but wanted to touch base. talk to you tomorrow!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:12 AM   #13  

Angry Hi there!

I was only gone a week but it felt like a month, when I reading all those posts and catching up. I feel like I got everyone jumbled, I am still back on Zoe's birthday, glad it was a happy one. E-cmom sorry about the root canal they are painful. Hope all is better. Joanne- Sorry about your aunt, it is so hard to loose someone that is close to us. I have been camping for the week and it was nice. Now for my bio- I by the looks weight the most 295lbs, I have lost 55lbs since I started in Jan. But nothing really in last month and a half. Need to get back on track took a break, just maintained. I have been going to curves faithfully. I am 5' 6" and am 39 yrs. old. Single, I supervise a state operated residence that has 4 ladies that are mentally challenged. I have 7 staff that work under me, on different shifts. I am responsible. for all the ordering, scheduling, billing yada yada yada, I do like my job, just gets very stressful at times. Me- I just love food in gerneral. I have been overwight since I hit puberty and have grown to accept that. Just want to be healthier.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:16 AM   #14  

Angry continued-

I have no medical issues, such as high blood pressure, healthy as a horse and as big as one. Ha ha ha. I do love me, and am o.k. with my weight so the onlyreason I am challenged is to try to get in better shape, eat better, and hopefully loose some weight along the way. I do not have poor self esteem, and I do not lack for friends as many of those stupid commercials say. The Lord has blessed me in many ways. Great parents a great job. Someday, hopefully a great partner in life. But I am o.k. with that too! Well bored yet, I am! Gotta go work out, measure up day at curves. God bless gotta run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 10:09 AM   #15  
Quit counting at 45!

Sue: I love your attitude. It also sounds like you have a very stressful, challenging job!

I got up at the usual time this morning and then realized that my DS had spent the night at a friend's. I guess I forgot that he had gone! I had extra time to do stuff so I did my weights and then decided to do the 1 mile Leslie Sansone tape. SO, I have my exercise in for the day and I do feel good about it. I have a supper meeting tonight so i won't have time to get out then.

I don't know if you heard on the news about the killing of the American hostages in the Philippines over the weekend. They were Martin and Gracia Durham (I think I have the last name right). They had been hostages for over a year and it came to a bloody end. Martin and a filipino nurse were killed and Gracia was wounded and is still alive. Anyway, a good friend of mine is a missionary over there (These two were missionaries there also) and taught their children. Please pray for the families. This is not the kind of ending we were praying for. At least the kids still have their mom. God is sovereign and He will be glorified over this.

Well, I better get going and get some things done. Only 11 more working days until summer break. YIPPIIEE!
Closed Thread