Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

Default Ugh, family

This is what I get for living with my parents again. And I wish wish wish my budget would allow me to live on my own again, but alas...

Mom came home from the grocery store with 2#%@#^$#@^$$ junk food again. I asked, "why'd you buy this crap again?" as she bought bbq chips last week and I think half the bag ended up in MY stomach.
"They're not for you," she said.
"You bought TWO BAGS of them. And if they're in front of me, they WILL be in my stomach."

Then mom launches into the old rant that I'm absolutely sick of. "It's ridiculous that I can't have food in my house that I want."

Now, here's the thing. Mom hates that Dad's gained weight, she was complaining that my sister was starting to get chunky, she's ALWAYS thought I needed to lose weight, and she's diabetic with bad health too! The only difference is she didn't eat like a normal person for about a year after her sister died, and she got skinny. I pointed these things out to her and said, "What's ridiculous is that you're not concerned about doing what you can to help your kid (me) get healthy."

Sorry, but if I were fat all my life like my mom was, and my kid, be it child or teenager or adult, were following down the same road, I would do everything in my power to stop it, not torment them by keeping the house stocked with food they aren't supposed to eat.

I know this was a long rant, and I'm not going to eat those doritos, but I'm SO MAD right now that not even my family supports me in this endeavor.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Sounds just like my two diabetic parent's house. May the force be with you, my dear. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Im sorry!

That sounds like the situation that im in right now. i love with my bf and he lives with his mom and step dad. His mom is always talking about wanting to lose weight, but the house is STOCKED full of bad foods, too much soda, you name is when probably have it.

Im starting to learn control though. I just have to cut out on my diet soda...
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #4  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

It really sucks that your family isn't more supportive I would sit down calmly with your mom and talk to her about it without being upset. She should be able to buy whatever she wants but you could maybe help plan out some healthy meals and offer to cook them for the family and ask her that if she buys junk food that it will be put out of sight, like in a high cabinet for all the junk food or something like that. And then you just have to stay away from there.

Temptation will always be in your life. Even when you move out and are on your own going to the store you will be confronted with all the bad choices, going out to eat with family/friends, work, get togethers, etc... So the best advice I can give you is to learn to deal with the temptation now. It is still your choice if you choose to eat it or not.

Try to work out a good system, when you go to grab the chips think oh those are not for me, i want to save them for dad or something. Always have a backup healtheir snack you can easily grab when temptation hits. Or come chat on the forums that helps me alot lol.

I know how hard it is. It is just me and my husband but he eats whatever he wants. We eat all our meals seperate lol. He still buys chips and ice cream and whatever he wants. I just tell myself those are for him only. Though sometimes it can be really hard to resist. Those times I will steal just one cheeto and walk away or have one ice cream sandwhich that week and not touch the box again.

You can do it!!

moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote