Old 03-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Please tell me exercise gets easier.....

Ive been exercising for about a month now, this is my fourth week. Each day is different. Some days I am energized and feel I can go for a long distance, and other days I have to LITERALLY MAKE MYSELF by keeping my head down and just thinking, go , go, go....and I get it done. Even if I walked the same distance the day before, sometimes the next day it seems 50 % harder to just make it. Why? Why does it vary day to day?

I hope to goodness it gets easier as the weight comes off, cause some days I cant enjoy it and it just plain ole sucks, having to push myself and make myself do it, pain or no pain, energy or no energy.

Have any of you found that as you get smaller, it gets a little easier? Please tell me you have......
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yes, it gets easier but weight isn't the only determining factor. As your ability increases, the things that used to be hard will become easier. It is just your body adapting.

You have a lot more weight to move but the fact that it is still relatively new to you makes it difficult.

I will say though there will be low energy days that will suck. Everyone has them. Do what you can on those days.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Well thank god its not just me!!!

I have those days too and wondered about that why oh why does the same exercise in the same amount come so easy and feel good one day and the next time you do it, its like a 1000 times harder and all you can do to finish?
HeidiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #4  
rainy

Sure, it gets better. When I joined the gym I used to considet the other women were able to run more than me, at a higher speep, spend more time than me on every machine...and at MY rate I was already dieing on the machines, lol. But it always improved, right now I run or stay on the machines more than some other people there do, so...yes it improves.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #5  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

It improves. I love exercise, but there are days when I hate it. So i put on a hoodie, my headphones and b@$#h the whole way there. After that I let my music take me somewhere else. Thats the only way I know to get through it.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #6  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

What nelie said. Some days I am still low energy and I have to make myself slog through, but I don't hate and dread it on a regular basis the way I used to. Everything I do is so much easier with 70 pounds gone, which makes a big difference.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #7  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Music also helps me TREMENDOUSLY. Without it I wouldnt want to do it at all. oh how I dread the summer coming....heat is the enemy!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 328/273/170

Height: 6'2"

I've been listening to audiobooks on my iPod instead of music mostly because it keeps me a bit more focused on what I'm listening to then just zoning out with music. That and I'm getting some reading in. I've found a couple times I went longer on my cardio just so I could finish a chapter lol.
Erin2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If I'm at home, I watch tv. If I go out, I don't take anything. I told my husband I wanted to run with my ipod and he is worried it'll make me less aware of my surroundings so he advised against it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #10  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

oh heck.. even when i was 145 lbs and doing my absolute favorite activity (kickboxing) some days I was so tired or not into it that I couldn't finish the hour.

I *love* being in a room full of people .. it makes me more motivated and I guess I feed off everyone else's determination. I even made my own cd mix that the instructor used on a regular basis so I got to listen to kick butt music as well.

and there were STILL days I whined and whined.

now my goal is just to be ABLE to kickbox again. and i'm going to try not to whine about it. cuz i sure do miss it!

so long story short... its not just you ... and some things will get easier... but there are always those days where we all have to push ourselves no matter how healthy we are.
gothik butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #11  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

meh i still hate it
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #12  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Yes it gets easier..

You will grow to enjoy and look for it...

I have replaced my addiction to food with an addiction to movement....

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11"

It gets easier, but there are still days when I just can't finish. It's been a while now, but a couple of weeks ago I simply ran out of steam and only made it halfway through my elliptical workout. The next day, I was able to finish the whole thing so I think I was just really low on energy on that one day.

In just the past few days, I've recommitted to really TRYING during my elliptical workouts. I admit that I was kind of phoning it in before! Anyway, I'm starting to find that I am hitting my stride sometimes and I'm definitely feeling good for a couple hours after I do it. Lots of people feel that all the time, but for me, I generally just feel sweaty and miserable when I'm done so I'm glad I'm finally seeing some payoff!

I think the key is finding something that you like to do. I believe there is something for everyone and I don't like the idea of forcing myself to do something I hate, day after day. What fun is that? Find something you like; biking, swimming, karate, weights, walking, whatever.....that makes it more enjoyable than forcing yourself to run if you hate to run.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #14  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

It gets easier - a lot easier. The more you do, the better it feels. Sure, it can be hard, because the idea is to push yourself a little out of your comfort zone (otherwise, it isn't exercise LOL!).

If someone told me 4 years ago that I would be participating in a sprint distance triathlon this summer, I would have thought they were insane. I am totally excited about it now, and love the challenge of the training. Of course, my husband thinks I am insane
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #15  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I agree with everyone here, "Mama said there'd be days like this....."
But of course when it gets to be easy it's time to up the stakes (speed, distance, resistance, weight) and then it's hard again.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote