South Beach Diet - Weekend Beaching

View Full Version : Weekend Beaching

Pearlrose
03-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Good morning,

Can't believe I am the first one on. Couldn't sleep had a headache so got up. Yesterday's weather was great it actually got up to 82 degrees but kinda of muggy. Not sure what the temperature is supposed to be today.

Have to take DD1 to soccer this morning, and then need to run errands. We were going to have some friends come this weekend but they were unable to make it, so that gives me more free time.

Not much else going.

Have a great day everyone!

Schmoodle
03-07-2009, 06:24 AM
I thought I might be first again this morning but you beat me to it Rose!! Sorry your head is hurting - hope that clears up soon. I had to get DD up to help out at the Lion's Club breakfast this morning. I'll grocery shop while she's there, then the kids start up their spring riding lessons. After that the day is mine, and I will either corral some of the clutter around here, or blow it all off and go enjoy the beautiful weather! Tough choice. Can you guess which way I'm leaning?
I've got 4 clean days on Ph1 and was able to face down a platter of GS cookies last night at my mom's without a twitch. Yay, schmoodle is back!

TwynnB
03-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Good morning chicks!

Pearl - hope you feel better soon.

Scmoodle - WOW!! Great job!! Not sure I could've resisted anymore myself!

Me - It was too warm in here to wear a sweatshirt this morning! Hopefully, the bitter cold of winter is gone.

I work today, with a fairly full schedule, then ???. I would suspect go with the DH to pick out fans and lights for the new house?!?!? We close in 4 days! Scary and exciting!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh - and I finally tried the cinnamon omelette...they ARE good!! I almost crave them at times. I told Matt about them (remember Matt?), he thought they were a bit odd sounding, but he might try them too. He's a skinny work out boy now!!

Ruthxxx
03-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Pearl, Schmoo and Twin are the new EarlyChicks! Thanks for starting us up.

I am finally starting to sleep longer than 5:30. Of course the time change tonight will screw me up a bit and I'll be even later. Never mind! The clock in the car will be right.

It'll be a simple Saturday around here today after a hectic week. It's still nice and mild so more snow should go. I am waiting anxiously for my first snowdrops to poke up. There's still snow on their bed but I know they're under there.

Enjoy your day, whatever you choose to do.

cottagebythesea
03-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Good morning everybody. :coffee: It seems everyone is up early and rarin' to go already! :)

I don't have any plans for today or tomorrow except for getting groceries and visiting my parents. Today's supposed to be sunny and warming up to 68*, so I hope to sit outside on the patio for a bit this afternoon and just soak up the sunshine and plan my flower gardens. It won't be too much longer before I can play in the dirt again! :D

CyndiM
03-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Good morning early birds :coffee2:

Pearl - Sorry you woke up with a headache. I sure hope it passes quickly and you can enjoy your free time and nice weather.

Schmoodle - :carrot: Way to go! I recommend saving chores for a rainy day. That's my plan ;) Those first springy days are too special to stay indoors.

Twynn - I've never tried that cinnamon omelet but I think I might have to!

Ruth - It's nice of the dog alarm to let you sleep in a little :)

I'm going to keep chores to a minimum today. I am going to run into town for the Winter Farmers Market and to pick up a few things, but will bird my way down :) We thought about going to the coast but agreed that resting my neck another week or two would be smarter. I know that once migration really starts I won't want to worry about that disk so taking it easy now is smart. I'm tempted to fire up the grill tonight. Hmm, think I'll see what looks good at the Co-op.

Have a good day Chicks

ETA - Cottage enjoy the sunshine :) I'm going to start a few plants this afternoon - plum tomatoes, some greens for the cold frame, maybe some herbs. That gives me a couple of weeks to figure out how to protect the sprouts from cats ;)

rdw1
03-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Good morning ladies! Hope you all have a great relaxed day!
Twynn- I will be with ya working today... I am not just loving my longer days.... we've went from 8-5 to 9-7, thus I lose my whole day on the days I work... usually getting home around 8. blah. but, the three days off are nice so I will try to compromise! Looks like a busy day for me today as well...

My first seeds have sprouted! two of the currant tomato plants :) that makes me so excited! I haven't ever planted from seeds before just planted from baby plants I bought at the hardware store- its going to be much more cool this year growing everything from seed!

well, I better go prepare my lunch! I haven't had time to post bout yesterday but I was good Cyndi!

Kim_Star060404
03-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Hey, chicks! Flying by again! I'm up and at 'em and ready to finish getting the house ready for the "inspection". :lol: I found out that they're planning on going out sightseeing tomorrow and DH and I are going to opt out (they're going to places we both have to go to on a regular basis for inspections at work), so I'll have some peace and quiet this weekend after all! Well...time to get the vacuum going!

jenny515
03-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi to all of you.
I introduced myself in Bios on Thursday. Is this thread for all to join or just phase 2?

dreaminstacy67
03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Goooooood mornin CHIIICKIES....(ty pennington impersonation) lol

sounds like everyones gonna have a good day... its raining here.. blah... i wanted to get out and walk, hopefully it stops raining later in the day... chloe and brady both have spring colds... ugh, we all know how they are... i got up early and then my oldest daughter got up so i got to go back to bed for a bit.. was very nice, i need it once in a while. i havent seen any flowers poking through here yet. we had some last year, that we didnt even plant. they just popped up and they were lovely. cant wait till the grass is green again. on my walk last night i noticed everyones lawn... its yucky and yellow, not very attractive lol... come on sunshine!
ruth--i seen pics of you and your dawgs... very nice, and the dawgs are sweet! what kind are they? disney's my fav, just looks like he/she has quite the little personality lol
twynne--im so excited for you lol
kim--enjoy your peace and quiet
rikki--ive never planted actual food. might be something to consider eh?lol
cyndi--barbequeing sounds like a great idea! thanks!lol
cottage--we arent quite up to 68 here yet, so no sitting out for me lol cant wait tho... maybe by april lololol
schmoodle--heck take a day and enjoy yourself.. you need it
pearl--get better soon.

jenny515 :welcome3: this is a great site and this is a great bunch. you will get what you need here.

well im off to get this day started.. have a great day on the beach gals

stacy xxx

AnAbsoluteDiva
03-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Good day (no longer morning),

Remodeling a bathroom with DH today (he's doing most of the work).

Had to share this... I made Rikki's black bean soup (crockpot recipes for Phase 1) and it was fabulous. It was great!!! I added a bit more garlic than the recipe called for (personal preference) and DH topped his with feta cheese. A 1.5 cup serving came to only 467 calories, it was easy to make, and so inexpensive.

Thanks for sharing that, Rikki!

cottagebythesea
03-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi to all of you.
I introduced myself in Bios on Thursday. Is this thread for all to join or just phase 2?

:welcome3: Jenny! Our daily chat thread is open for everyone to join in, and we're happy to have you here! :)

Chelby29
03-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Friends!

Some of you were up WAY too early! :) I'm glad most are getting a taste of spring. It's supposed to be upper 70s here today. Woohoo!!! I'm on my way out to sit in the sunshine.

I started the day with a kick-butt Jazzercise class. Had an early lunch, because I was starving. I might find a place in the sun to nap. :D DH's parents are coming for dinner -- Fish Tacos. YUM!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Hi, Jenny515! Jump right in with us. :)

jenne1017
03-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Morning all! Er afternoon! I slept in something awful, but so did DW. I think, since it's 70 today, we're going to go outside and wash the car. We need to clean inside so badly, but heck I am leaving for NY Monday for my sister's wedding so who cares if she lives in filth!

Have a good weekend all.

jenny515
03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Thank you all for the welcome.

mizski
03-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone. What goofy weather we're having...early this week it was in the single digits freezing/windy cold with a foot of snow. Today it is 60 degrees! :dizzy:

So I have a mini-bout of spring fever only I wish the snow would melt faster so I could start on my yard work! LOL The clocks change tomorrow...yaay on that. I love having it light later in the day. Spring is coming.

This week my weight loss stalled. I know why too: My love affair with my new bread machine and recipe books. I tried to rationalize that they were healthy breads full of whole grains and various fruits or veggies. However, I proved to myself something I already knew...I cannot have 3 grain servings in a day. Too bad...it was very tasty bread. :cool: Breads are all gone (thanks to DH) and I'm going to do a few PH1 days as carb penance. ;)

Have a great weekend!! :)

Ruthxxx
03-07-2009, 05:51 PM
My snowdrops bloomed today and I fixed my camera. (The batteries I put in were expired!) I try to keep my avatars current except I used the rainbow one to perk myself out of the winter blues.

Right now it's raining, the sump pump is chugging away and I think there's a leak somewhere (You know that plunk, plunk sound?) but it definitely is spring.

zeffryn
03-07-2009, 06:32 PM
hey, girls. On our way out the door to a friend's house but thought I would check in and say hi.

Celebrated another friend's birthday with lunch and coffee today. She really enjoyed the baked goods that I made for her (and I'm happy to have them out of the house!) DH finished off the rest of the "joy cakes" (as he referred to them as) before I got home.

I'm so tired and I wish we could just stay home tonight.

Barb0522
03-07-2009, 06:41 PM
I was lazy last night and watched 3 episodes of ER before bed and caught the last one I hadn't seen this morning. Then I took Rex in for a checkup and some booster shots. The vet said he is very healthy and well behaved. Apparently not housebroken though as he watered their lobby floor. At least he hasn't had any accidents at home since the first night.

We then ran by Petco for a pooper scooper and after lunch I got him licensed and then took him over to Dirty Dawgs which is a self serve dog wash. He is much cleaner now. They provide everything and would have even trimmed his nails if he needed it. The only other thing I have done is mowed the lawn. I'm not sure of my plans for the evening but I'm probably just going to relax.

ThoughtfulOne
03-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick pop in. I have been up and running since 4:30 this morning. I had to work a bowling tournament today and tomorrow so I have been on my feet all day. I started the day cleaning as soon as my DB left for work. His son got up around 7 and we left for the bowling alley. He is having his first sleep over tonight, so the boys are playing right now. Then it is off to dinner. Hope everyone has a great day!

CyndiM
03-07-2009, 08:58 PM
mizski - wasn't the weather great? I would have liked more hours of sun but I'm not about to complain about the temp.
There's no need to do Phase 1 days again unless you are having cravings. I did some of the bread crazies last fall but now I'm not as interested in it. I have to have the end slice of the new loaf but then I almost never eat another piece.

Ruth - Thanks for the snowdrops :)

Stacy - I ended up using the crockpot instead of the grill. I was too lazy to clean it :o

Rikki - Tomorrow my seeds go in the pots! Got any tips for keeping the kitties away from the sprouts?

Kim - Hope it's going well with the in-laws!

Okay, I'm going to try a glass of that cranberry wine I bought then off to bed. I can't wait to change the clocks!

zeffryn
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Cyndi - thanks for reminding me to change the clocks :)

Ruthxxx
03-08-2009, 07:33 AM
I changed mine last night and am having trouble getting my brain in gear for Church at 8:30. I'll chat later.

cottagebythesea
03-08-2009, 07:54 AM
We changed our clocks before going to bed last night, too, and I slept in until 7:15 this morning! At least this happens on a weekend, otherwise it would make for a very screwy Monday.

I got a lot accomplished in the gardens yesterday, and it felt so good to be outside. :) Now that all the leaves are raked out of the beds, I can see a lot more plants coming up already. I'm going to have to order my mulch so I can get it down before too much longer. We didn't have much sunshine, but at least it was warm enough to go without a jacket.

There's a new Target that's having it's grand opening today, and I wanted to go over with my DIL, but I can't find the coupons they sent me. :( They probably went out with the recycling. Darn!

jenny515
03-08-2009, 08:34 AM
This week my weight loss stalled. I know why too: My love affair with my new bread machine and recipe books. I tried to rationalize that they were healthy breads full of whole grains and various fruits or veggies. However, I proved to myself something I already knew...I cannot have 3 grain servings in a day.

I definitely can relate to this. I recently got a new cookbook The Sneaky Chef to hide great things like spinach, blueberries, sweet potatoes in my daughters food. But of course I had a portion control issue. It was mostly on the muffins.

The weather here has been okay but today it suppose to snow 4-6 inches. I hope they are wrong like they were last time. I need spring. I don't feel like going out of the house in this junk. Everyone have a great Sunday.

CyndiM
03-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Good morning Chicks :coffee2:

Ruth - Good luck getting caught up to your day :) It always takes me a couple of days to get back on track.

Cottage - I'm so jealous! My beds are all still covered with snow.

Jenny - How do you like that cookbook? A friend of mine has a very picky 2 year old and was thinking about picking that up.

Well yesterday was slacker day and today is weekend chore day :) Laundry, cooking, baking, & cleaning are on my exciting list of chores. It's supposed to sunny this afternoon so I'm hoping for another outside walk.

If anyone is interested I came across a recipe for sprouted grain bread (think Ezekiel bread). I haven't tried it yet but it looks interesting.

Time to get moving.

Kim_Star060404
03-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Cyndi: That bread sounds really interesting, but I've not worked up the guts to make bread. I hope you have a great day and get everything done you need to!

Jenny: Enjoy your day and I hope the snow doesn't come!

Cottage: What a bummer about the coupons! I envy your time in the garden yesterday; I'm itching to get into mine. Maybe next weekend.

Ruth: I hope the fog has lifted and that you're having a great time at church!

Well, the family is all up and DH is making them breakfast right now. As soon as they're done I'm going to get dinner into the crock pots. Besides that, there's really nothing going on here. The family is leaving to go sightseeing, so I'm just going to take it easy. Cirque du Soleil is on tv at 1 and it's one I haven't seen (I've forgotten the name as well), so I'm going to watch that. DH has a game on at 2 and I'll be working on crafts for a craftster swap while it's on. I do need to get the menu and shopping list for the week sorted out, but that won't take but a few minutes. I think I'll get that over with right now!

dreaminstacy67
03-08-2009, 10:40 AM
good sunday morning everyone... im beat! chloe was up all night sick... she cant "sniff" lol and that bothers her,shes coughing, nose running, fever.. ugh.. and now im feeling the symptoms.... i will so glad when this freaking season ends! john put her in bed with us, thank goodness for a king size bed, but man oh man she kicks when she did fall asleep. then with the clocks going ahead im all messed up lol... weather channel says we are getting snow on tuesday.... then up to 58 the next day?!?!?!? whats that all about? lol.... samantha's boyfriend was over yesterday for a visit. so of course john had to be a man and do southern hamburgers for him... he took sam and matt to the store with him and came back with a whole bunch of goodies.... i ate 3 chips and they were spicey so i burnt my tongue lol... then ate just the meat patty, no bun which was good... but then caved and ate 3 onion rings.. at that point, i left the main floor and went to the recroom/my bedroom.. i could have been worse i think lol...

kim--have a good day watching your show and crafting
cyndi--john was too lazy to grill out too... the stove won lol
jenny515--i hide pureed vegies in my chili.. only thing is im hiding them from ME!!! :lol3:
cottage--even without the coupons, target will be fun!
thoughtful--i havent bowled in years, have a good day!
barb--can you believe that E.R. is ending in like 4 more episodes?!?! im crushed. what are we gonna do on thursday nights now?? ive been watching since the start. im gonna miss it!
chelby--how'd the evening go with the inlaws??

well im off, gonna try to get chloe to lay down for a bit. take care ya'll and have a great day on the beach!

stacy xxx

rdw1
03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Good Sunday Morning ladies! I slept in a bit today and then remembered the time change so I really slept in till almost 9:30! Oh well, lots on the agenda today... DH has a friend coming over to watch the game this afternoon so I need to run to the grocery to pick up some stuff for snack- our refridgerator is bare this morning after all the curry I have been making for lunches! But, I have been eating tons of veggies! On my agenda today is LAUNDRY!, picking up the house, vacuum, mop the kitchen- man I can't wait to get my tile in! seems like its taking forever! I am soooo sick of this linoleum! anywho- I also want to fit in a bunch of exercise! I had 2 glasses of wine last night and promised myself I would exercise an additional hour today :carrot:

Well, Hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday! It was gorgeous outside yesterday I got to enjoy my lunch out by the pool at work- looks like rain today but the temp is still great right now! I hope to get a walk in before it starts raining!

Cyndi- I was just discussing with DH how we were going to keep the pets out of the plants once they are a little greener! We actaully have the little plastic greenhouse thing so HOPEFULLY, they won't try to knock the lid off of that but if they do we are using a grow light so I suppose we would have to put them in the closet(the plants, of course! LOL)...

Barb0522
03-08-2009, 11:27 AM
stacy - It's been nice seeing some of the actors I hadn't seen in awhile. i always like Carter. But I am going to really miss the show. I don't think I've missed more than one or two episodes in all the years it has been on. I've never found a show that I cared about as much. Guess I'll have to see what else is on.

I was thrilled that I didn't get paged to help with the time change on our applications. They did have the same problem we had last fall but I'd prepared them for it so they didn't have to wake me up. I'm still working on clocks. I got the thermostat, microwave, my watch, four clocks, the sprinkler system, two clocks on the pool, shut off and back on my cell phone to get it updated and still have to figure out how to set the time on the toaster oven. There is one clock that requires a ladder so that will probably wait until later.

I want to plan meals and shop before I pick up Brian from camping if I can.

Ruthxxx
03-08-2009, 11:52 AM
OK - I'm defogged. It sure is lovely out there although very muddy where it isn't icy. I may take Disney down to Bob's Diner this afternoon as he's put out his bistro tables and chairs. We can sit in the sun, sip a diet ginger ale and watch the Sunday strollers. Yes, a paseo still happens in Delta on nice Sundays.

I am really looking forward to the extra hour of light in the evenings and am hoping to get back to after supper dog walks when the mud dries up a bit. My pooches need removable feet!

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you have planned.

Chelby29
03-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Happy Sunny, Sunday Morning!

DH and DS are outside flying a kite. Does it get better than that??? Yesterday, I laid on the back deck in shorts and a tank top. Maybe my pastey-white skin absorbed a ray or two. :) Came back in the house and pulled a tick off my back! With the sun comes the bugs. Yuck!

I hope you all have a quiet day. Enjoy the extra sunshine! :D

zeffryn
03-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Morning!

Slept in this morning until almost 10..apparently the time change affected the entire family!

Have some cleaning and yardwork to do today. I have this weird weed that is taking over my yard...I've never seen it before. I'll have to take a picture and see if anyone has any insight. I would prefer to not use weed killer on the grass because DS plays on it so much.

Last night was rather a bust. The girls were mean to Calvin and blamed him for every little thing that happened...oh man, why do some little girls have to be so mean? Makes me wonder if I want a girl. Boys are so much easier to raise, if they have a problem with you they'll just wrestle until someone wins and move on with playing -- girls are catty and will try to ruin your life. *shakes head* They are only 5...
Dinner was pretty sub-par and we ended up eating real dinner when we got home because we just picked at what they had - bad barbecue, white potato salad, white rice...

Chelby - I'm with you on the white pasty skin. I used to tan all the time but my mom and my aunt were both diagnosed with melanoma within a few months and that put the fear in me. I haven't tanned since and wear loads of sunscreen. DH and I are both very pale.

Barb0522
03-08-2009, 02:53 PM
zeff - That reminds me I am overdue to go to my dermatologist for my annual skin check. My sister had melanoma and you are at an increased risk when you have family that has it. I've had 5 precancerous moles removed so for awhile I was getting checked quarterly but now it is once a year. Please get checked if you haven't. He even checks my eye lids, mouth and every bit of skin.

I went to let the dog in when Brian and I got home to find out that he is soaking wet. I guess he fell in the deep end of the pool but got out from the swimout. So he is outside in the sun drying off. I love this weather. I can't believe they are predicting a high of 40 for next weekend!

I've got soup simmering a late lunch (Brian's choice) and then need to go get the car inspected.

zeffryn
03-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Barb - my derm. checks me once a year and DH checks my moles once a month to make sure they haven't changed. I've been lucky so far, but cancer is so prevalent in my family that I can't risk not doing my yearly physicals and skin checks. Thanks for the concern :)

I hate the ups and downs in the weather!

Did you celebrate with Don the other night?

Barb0522
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
zeff - Don and I celebrated at lunch on Thursday but he had to work late on Friday and then headed out to Camporee on Saturday. He needs to get as much work in as he can since he's self employed and for awhile there wasn't much work.

Brian took some pictures of Rex that I emailed to Camp Wolfgang. We finally got him brushed and dried off so he's napping in the living room right now.

TwynnB
03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Yeesh, I'm tired tonight!! Probably because pushing myself on the treadmill (but only 2 miles) and then hanging with the kids in the pool for an hour.

BUT, I thought you ladies would be proud of me (cuz everyone else would think I'm a freak!)....I just wrote a bean company an email....the sneaky...sugar/corn syrup in the beans. Darned them!! It's not a large amount of sugar, but WHY? Why I tell you!?!? It's a BEAN!!!!

Sigh. Got that off my chest.

Ruthxxx
03-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Good work, Twyn - I do that kind of thing a lot! Sometimes I get a reply and it usually has a coupon for the offending product! How smart is that?

Barb, how about some pics of the new dog? My Porties would have loved your pool.

Dinner is simmering on the stove right now and I am drinking a Scotch and water because I deserve it after a day when I cleared a bunch of niggles. I had a wee talk with myself after Church today and have decided to do more stuff just for me - like resurrect (and adapt) some of my and Harry's excellent old recipes. (I also did some sewing on the three year old silk shirt project! Just cuffs, hem and buttonholes left to do.) Tonight's dinner is one of them - if it's good, I'll post it in Phase I Entrees.

Tomorrow will be an easier wake-up, right?

zeffryn
03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm working very hard to figure out when I can eat fruits and grains and keep myself from having cravings.

I had oatmeal this morning - nothing. cottage cheese for a snack - nothing. Bean salad for lunch - nothing. an apple for a snack - boom. craving everything.

I had an apple last night with peanut butter before bed - I could tell that I could develop a craving but I ended up just going to sleep.

hrm.

cottagebythesea
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
While Jake was pumping gas this afternoon, I decided to run inside and pick up some ice cream for the grandkids. BIG mistake. :( Ice cream and I simply cannot live in the same house.

Barb0522
03-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Ruth - Here's some pictures of Rex. Brian took them and did a pretty good job. I think the water is too cold for me but it doesn't seem to have hurt him any. I guess he'll be more careful now. He would love to play with your Porties. He loves other dogs.

rdw1
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Barb- rex is gorgeous!

I accomplished a lot today! and whooohoooo UNC! :)
Made the stuffed portobellos tonight and yummo! I also wilted some spinach with garlic for on the side as well as making a big spinach salad as an appetizer- I have been hungry all day I think bc TOM is here :P

It was sooo nice today! it was like 70 and supposed to storm tonight, which would be nice- I could use the great sleep! Supposed to be beautiful tomorrow too around 70 and then tuesday is supposed to be almost 80! WOW!

Hope everyone had a blessed Sunday!

zeffryn
03-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm craving the cookies that are in the kitchen left over from my friend's party...

*strength*

I keep trying to tell myself that just one won't hurt...but I know that that one will turn into ten.

I got myself some peanut butter and celery instead.

the cookies still sound good, but don't seem like a necessity now.