WW Clubs and Groups - Moms to young ones on WW?

View Full Version : Moms to young ones on WW?

Ann72
02-25-2009, 09:08 AM
I'd like to start a group for moms who are doing WW and have young children. Many of us are juggling the ups and downs of caring for young children and trying to lose weight (and in some cases while working and juggling other responsibilities). This group is open to SAHMs, working moms, and anyone in between.

I have a 2 year old daughter and work part-time. I have struggled big time to drop the weight I gained during pregnancy. Been on countless diets over the last 2 years, and finally just joined WW 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to find time for me in between caring for my DD, working, taking care of the house, and trying to fit in time for everything else. Exercise and healthy eating haven't been a part of my life in a while, but I'm working on it.

Anyone else? I sure could use some support. :)

Thanks!
Ann72

alwe74
02-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi, I'd like to join your group. I have an 18 month old son and I work 30 hours a week. I've been on and off of WW and I am thinking about going back. I always seem to stick to it longer than any other program. I know how hard it is to try to squeeze in exercise when you're taking care of a little one. :D

Ann72
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi alwe--welcome! Glad that there's someone else out there in a similar position. Hopefully we can help each other get some weight off.

So, did you decide for sure if you will join WW? When you did it, did you attend meetings or were you an online meeting. I'm doing meetings, but I am paying monthly, so I get access to the website. There are some great resources on the site (recipes, support boards, point tracker, etc), so I highly recommend it.

What do you do for exercise? My goal is just to get back into walking. Starting with a half hour per day most days of the week. I'll take it from there.

I've not been eating well the last few days. I need to get back on plan. When I am diligent about weighing, measuring, and counting points, it all works for me. The problem is that I get lazy after a few weeks and then the weight loss stalls.

Hopefully we'll get some more support here. :)

Take care and check in often!

Ciarra
03-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi,
I'm interested in joing in as well. I have a 14 month old daughter and a 11 year old son. I work lots of crazy hours, but attend meetings on mondays, hit the gym on Tuesday thru Friday mornings and try to work in playtime with the kids as much as possible. Would love the extra support of a group that understands the stresses of toddlerhood and trying to lose weight too!

Ann72
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi Ciarra--Welcome! You're doing great with your weight loss so far. Sounds like you've got a great plan going with your meetings and weekly workouts. Keep it up.

As for me, I've been off track the last few days. I'm going to blame AF. lol. Hope I can get back on track soon.

Ciarra
03-09-2009, 04:53 PM
So Ann,
How is everything? Back on track? How was your weigh in this week?

A good week last week, down 2.2 pounds! Tried 2 new recipes today, pumpkin/spice cake muffins and meatlof made with stuffing mix, both were absolutely delish. Looking forward to a tasty week!

Ciarra
03-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh and got my 25 pounds gone washer/medal! So a great meeting today.

davoswoman
03-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi,
I'm a stay at home mom of almost three year old twin girls and just rejoined WW four weeks ago. I have lost 5 pounds but didn't do well this week. I weigh in tomorrow but the girls were sick most of the week and I wasn't tracking. Oh well tomorrow is another day. I will also be turning 40 next week. ugh. I'll try to not celebrate (ha, ha) too much:dizzy:

Ciarra
03-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi, davoswoman,
I hear you. I have a sick household at the moment. I'm the only one well. I weigh in on Monday morning so kind of scared. I have eaten almost every available point and I don't like to do that, it just seems scary. I am tracking though. My goal is to track for 3 months and then reward. I know I can lose weight. I though need the encouragement to track. Hopefully in the 3 months I have tracked I will be 40 pounds down. That is my hope.
I will be 39 next month! Congrats and happiest of birthdays!
I have been sampling ww friendly cake recipes.
I found a recipe that is
1 package spice cake mix
1 15 ounce pumpkin
3/4 cup water
Bake at 350 about 25 minutes (until done)
Very moist and tasty and my kids love it!
Just in case you are interested.
Hope to see you here soon with great news!
A smaller size, some inches lost and maybe a few pounds gone!

caryanne07
03-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi. I'd like to join this group too. I am a SAHM to my twin boys. They are just about 18 months old.

I started attending meetings the last week of January and have lost 11.2 lbs. so far. This is my 3rd time going to WW. I made Lifetime when I was just 21 but then managed to gain that all back and more. I rejoined 2 years ago but only lasted a month since I got pregnant with the boys. And now I'm finally back!

Ciarra
03-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Welcome, caryanne!

Congrats on the twin boys and already losing 11.2 pounds! That is awesome!
I'm sure you will be at your goal in no time.
Check in often and let us know how you are doing.

Ciarra
03-15-2009, 11:03 AM
BTW I am hoping for 160 too.

Ciarra
03-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Down 26 pound last week! Thrilled and hoping to buy a much smaller swimsuit this summer.

mushy20
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
hello, I would like to join your group as well. I am sahm of 2 children, 1 boy 3 years old and a girl that is 5 years old. I usually do pretty well with planning my food menu is planning the exercise that gets tricky. I am looking forward to doing this journey with all of you ladies....Talk to you all soon!! Michelle

Ann72
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi ladies,

Sorry that I've been MIA. I pulled my back out and have been really unable to do much. Of course, I've used this as an excuse to get off my healthy eating plan. Any excuse, right?

Well, now that I'm getting back to normal there are really no excuses. Not sure exercise will be on the agenda for another few days, but I should be able to at least eat on plan.

How are the rest of you doing? Any losses to report?

Michelle-Welcome! It's great to have you. Are your kids in school at all, or are you with both of them all day? I'm sure you've tried all types of things to make exercise work. I know I have. I've found that the only options that work for me are: 1) waking up extra early and exercising before they wake up; 2) exercising during DD's nap (she still takes one); 3) exercising at night after she goes to bed. For me, I always ignore the alarm and go back to bed, so the first option never works. I never manage to exercise during nap because I try to get other things done. So, the only thing that's worked for me is nighttime exercise. Unfortunately, I'm often lazy by that time, so I can't even say that it's really worked consistently for me.

If your 5-year-old is in school, the other option you have is taking the 3-year old with you in a jogger stroller while walking. Or, consider a gym membership to a place htat has child care. You can put the kids there for an hour when you work out.

It's just so hard, I know.

Ciarra--You are on a roll! Good for you. Congrats on the awesome loss. Maybe you can help provide some motivation for the rest of us. What finally clicked for you that has allowed you to be so successful this time? How do you just keep doing it and keep going when it's so easy to give up?

caryanne--welcome to you too! How's WW going for you? Sounds like you've had success with it before, so I'm sure you'll do great this time around. I'm sure you have your own challenges with 18 month old twins. Keep us posted on how it's all going.

davoswoman--welcome to you as well! How's WW going for you? Were you able to get back on track. I hope so. Another twin mommy, huh? I'm sure you and caryanne can share tips on that. Hope you had a great bday.

So, would anyone like to commit to checking in daily with me? I'm hoping that doing so helps keep me on track a little bit better. Anyway, I plan to do that and I'll report my food/exercise for the day. Hopefully you won't get too sick of me. :)

Take care all.
Ann72

Ann72
03-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is watching The Biggest Loser? I know it's unrelated to Weight Watchers, but I've been trying to watch it every week while on the elliptical. It's the second season I've watched it, and I'm really enjoying it.

hotcubanmama
03-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I would love to join your group...I have a 2 and 5 year old and work 2 part time jobs and am thinking of going back to school for my masters since this degree is basically useless. I just started WW at home (week 3) and have lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks which is great, but I have problems fitting in time to exercise.

kestrel
03-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Mind if I join your group too? I have a 4.5 year old, 2.5 year old and 7 month old. I'm doing WW Online because I couldn't see trying to take all 3 of them to meetings with me (DH is in the military) and have been really happy with it. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get an exercise routine going, that's my weak point.

Ciarra
03-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow lots of new faces! Glad to meet everyone! The more the merrier, please come by and post often. Hoping we can motivate each other to our goals one step at a time.
Exercise is a problem here too. We are in the process of planting a garden and between that and the yard hoping to work through some major activity points this spring, summer and fall. Also just a day with the kids at the park can get in some of those needed activity points without trying to figure out what to do with the kids while we exercise.

Anyway, it was asked what is working for me this time?
I guess it is a collecton of a lot of different things. I'm an older mom (39 next month) and my family has that terrible family medical history: Diabetes, heart disease, joint replacements, etc. Now is the time to make changes to help stay out of that. My brother takes insulin throughout the day, I really don't want to be there ever. Also because I have a little one I need to keep up with her. I need to take care of me to take care of her and the rest of our family. My son is a little heavy as well but has lost weight with me, without a true effort. He is just eating what is here and it is helping.
And I want to be a size 6, is that too much to ask? Currently a 10/12 depending on the brand.

loriehohlf
03-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Everyone! Can I join in too.? My name is Lorie, I am a SAHM to our three boys. They are 6, almost 4 and 18 months. I also homeschool our 6 year old.....so they keep me busy!

I joined Weight Watchers April 12, 2008. I have lost almost 65 lbs since then! :carrot:

I have been lurking on 3FC for a while, but hardly ever post. Thought maybe joining up with a group might help keep me motivated.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend??

loriehohlf
03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi Ann! I watch The Biggest Loser! Although I missed last week and recorded this week but haven't had time to watch it yet. It is amazing to see their transformations throughout the show! I haven't decided who I want to win yet, have you?

Just wondering if anyone else is watching The Biggest Loser? I know it's unrelated to Weight Watchers, but I've been trying to watch it every week while on the elliptical. It's the second season I've watched it, and I'm really enjoying it.

Caleighsmommy
03-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi Everyone, I would also like to join your group :) I am a new mom to my 3 1/2 month old daughter, and trying to get my body back!! haha can't do anything about the strerchmarks but want to fit into my old jeans!! I did WW a few years ago and lost 35lbs in 3 months and kept it off until I got pregnant so I know I can do it and I know it works, sometimes I just need some motivation. I've started WW 5 days ago, my weigh in is on tuesday and I've been good so I hope I lose. I find it hard trying to cook and exercise and clean my house, good thing DD has lots of things to keep her busy, exersaucer, playmats, swing, bouncy chair, I'd be lost without them! I usually get my exercise in when she takes her nap in the daytime. I can't wait til all the snow goes and it nice enough to take her for walks! Well Good Luck to everyone !!! I'll be back :)

loriehohlf
03-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Caleighsmommy! Welcome! Congrats on being a new mommy!

Where do you live? I am in WI, the snow is pretty much gone, but it sure isn't very warm out yet. We had a few nice days in the upper 60's low 70's but now it is cold and windy again. I am looking forward to nicer weather again too!

Caleighsmommy
03-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Loriehohlf- I'm in Newfoundland, Canada and we're still getting storm warnings :(

March- in like a lamb out like a lion! Its 4'C (I think thats about 40 fahrenheit) here and it's a lot warmer today than the last few days have been. Raining though, better than snow, hopefully it will melt some of the snow :)

I absolutley lovvveee summer! There's so much more activities I like to do. Hope the weather warms up so I can test out DD stroller! :)

loriehohlf
03-27-2009, 11:07 AM
yeah, it has been in the 40's around here. Which I guess is normal for this time of year, but it has been SO windy it feels much colder! We have chances for rain/snow next week. Kinda a bummer, since my DS's 4th birthday party is next Saturday. I was hoping it would be nice so they could spend the day playing outside. Hopefully the forecast will be wrong and it will be a beautiful day!

Caleighsmommy
03-27-2009, 11:21 AM
:crossed: Fingers Crossed!! :)

Ann72
03-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey all--I know it's been ages (after I vowed to check in daily). Sorry about that. I pulled my back out again! This time had to get to the doctor for pain pills and anti-inflammatories. I'm now seeing a physical therapist for help with it. He's working with me to strengthen my core so that (hopefully) I have no more muscle strains.

All's well otherwise. Eating has been better, but far from perfect. The only exercise I've been doing is the physical therapy stuff. Hope to get my act together a little better!

So nice to see all the newbies! Welcome!

I hope to check in again later and try to do personals. I have to get DD down for a nap and then try to get some work done.

Bye for now.
Ann72

loriehohlf
03-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, my weigh in day is tomorrow. I was hoping to be down another pound this week so I could meet my 3rd 10% goal, so we will see what happens. It would be nice to at least loose .4, that would put me at exactly 65 lbs lost. My eating has been good this week, got in most of my exercise, but we have been so busy I am just exhausted. Anyway....I will post tomorrow how I did.

I just finished making Apple Pie bars for church fellowship tonite. They smell fantastic! I will have to sample a small piece! :D

Anyone else weigh in on Sat?

Ann72
03-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Lorie--Hope your weigh in went well. You're doing amazing with your weight loss. Keep it up! :)

And, btw, how did those apple pie bars come out? They sound great!

I finally watched The Biggest Loser last night on TiVo. Did you watch it yet? I won't say anything about it until I know that you did. I'm not sure who I want to win yet. I really like Tara. She's a powerhouse and amazingly inspirational, but I feel like I relate more to Kristin. And, Mike is amazing too. I love his relationship with his dad. There are so many nice ones this season, it's hard to decide. What about you?

Leeesa
03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a SAHM with a 4 year old and a 16 month old, I've spent the better part of the past four years either being pregnant and/or really fat. I started WW (again) after the birth of my 2nd and am now working on the last 30-40 lbs. I count points online and my WI are Thursdays, my last WI was 191, down 1.8, I'm hoping to hit the 180s next week (and lose a point, lol). It's been quite a challenge getting exercise in (and the required shower etc. after) and alot of times other things have to be sacriificed to do so (i.e. sleep) but I'm lucky to have had lots of support. I'm looking forward to chatting about the ups and downs of motherhoold and weightloss :)

Leeesa
03-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh Ann72, I'm a huge BL fan, I watch it religously, Tara is my fav, that girl is a machine!!

Ciarra
03-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi, everyone.
Been an absolutely crazy week. DH Has been sick and it has been a rough time of it. Ate stuff I should not have but hoping to see what Monday holds irregardless. Missed my last weeks weigh in talking to his doctor and getting an appointment. So Monday morning 9:30 I found out how I've been doing.
I have been researching adding some meatless meals to my family's meals. We did Boca burgers last week and they were very popular. Very point friendly as well. Going to try spagetti with meat crumbles, veggie dogs and soyrizo this week. Not a vegetarian, but just trying to make some healthier meals for all of us.
I turn 39 in a month and 2 days.... Would love to see the 170's.... I bought a pair of size 8 jeans (they almost fit), some cute shoes and will find a pretty blouse for my birthday dinner. I am really looking forward to those 8's.
My son's best friend spent the night last night and made them pumpkin spice muffins for breakfast. They love them and oh so easy and healthy.

loriehohlf
03-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Well, I had my weigh in this morning, I was up a little bit, but nothing too bad. I tend to have a really good week and then a not so great week. So next week is my next good week. :D

Ann--The apple pie bars were fantastic. I had a small one, and they were a big hit at church so I had no leftovers.

I haven't watched TBL yet...hoping to find time to do that this evening.

Well, I better get busy! Lots to do and no kids to bother me! My DH took the older two with him today and the youngest is napping (kinda late, but we were running errands). The house is SO quiet! :carrot:

Enjoy your day everyone!

Ciarra
03-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Gotta love a quiet house. Mine doesn't get that way often, but I love it when it is.
About to head out for church this morning and debating what I will make for lunch afterwards. My son's friend spent the night so leaving them and dh to sleep in while the baby and i go to church. Maybe spagetti and meat (meatless crumbles) sauce. High fiber, low fat and calories and kids like spagetti. I wonder if they would even notice the meat isn't really meat?
I may just grab 2 footlong subs from Subway. One for the boys and one for dh and myself. That would probably be a safer bet. Might just do the spagetti later in the week.
I made myself a veggie stew and used edamame for the protein yesterday. Very, Very tasty. Who knew? I like to try a new food or recipe every week that is point friendly. Made enough for me to eat with about half my meals next week. I made the family a version with chicken instead od the edamame. Dh loves his chicken stew.

loriehohlf
03-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend and stayed on plan! We were gone pretty much all day yesterday, makes for a long day. Today I need to get the house back in order and get 8 million loads of laundry done. I need to get my grocery list made too. Gonna shop this evening all by myself. So much easier to do it that way.

Anyway, I better get started on my chores. Have a great day!

mommytomikey
03-30-2009, 09:10 AM
I am a single mom of a 3 year old little boy and I work 40+ hours a week outside the home. I find it very easy to stick with the diet but finding time to workout just does not happen for me. I would love to pop my son in a stroller and take off but he banned those over a year ago!

Ciarra
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone!
Lorrie, I hear you about laundry, it just never ends....
Mommyto mikey: Hi! I know what you mean about finding time to exercise. It is rough to work it in with a little one. I am a big belliever in little changes making big differences though. Maybe just a little time outside playing tag, even a playdate with your son at the park. Anything just to get in a little extra activity helps the metabolism a lot.
And summer will be right around the corner so swimming and playing in the sprinkler is always fun!
I went to my meeting this morning and lost 3.2 pounds (for the last 2 weeks). I weigh 191, I really am hoping next Monday I find the 180's.....Any loss is great.

loriehohlf
03-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Ciarra--Congrats on the loss! Great job! :cp: I was SO excited when I got into the 180's....now I am in the 170's...I still can't believe it. Keep up the good work! :woohoo:

Leeesa
03-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Hi all, hope your weekend was good and everyone found time to relax (ha ha ha). 3 more days until I weigh in, I snuck a peek this a.m. and looks like I may be down 1/2 lb if it sticks? Congrats on your huge loss Ciarra!! I'm also really hoping to break the 190s this week. Well, there's still a few days left so there's still a chance (crossing my fingers). Mommytomikey, welcome! It must be tough getting any time to do anything with that schedule, but the good thing is your son is getting to that age where he can do lots of things with you :)

Saramommy
03-31-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi ladies!
I would like to join this group! I have a 22 month old son and a 3 1/2 month old daughter. Life is crazy and the only way I can find time to workout is doing the workout DVD "Slim in 6". I'm also trying to count calories. Loosing this baby weight is so challenging!!

I weighed in today at 171...gained a pound over the weekend. yuck.

Ciarra
03-31-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks Lori. I don't know how long it has been since the 170's....I think around 1992 (that is a bit sad I know, but I will see it later this year again).

Leesa, HOping you see the 180's at your weigh in. I hate losing that point but it feels so good to see a new decade.

saramommy: Welcome to the group! I bet the gain will be gone tommorrow.

loriehohlf
03-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Ok, I am caught up on The Biggest Loser now. I watched last weeks episode this afternoon and watched tonite. Anyone wanna talk about it? I would love to see Mike win. He is doing SO well!

Caleighsmommy
03-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey ladies,
So I haven't been posting, my internet was down.But It's back now and I plan on checking in daily :) I was totally off plan for a few days, on yesterday and today.Hey I had no internet, or cable. I was bored lol I know I know that's no excuse. I could have been using my time wisley like exercising instead of eating. But after a shocking weigh in this morning ( down 3.8!!! :carrot: FINALLYY in the 160's 169.2 ) I am totally motivated and stayed OP and exercised today.

Ann- I loooveee TBL :) Watch it every week. Tara's my fav, I hope she wins. But you are right theres so many likeable ones this season, makes me not wanna miss it.

Lorie- Hope all is going well, I hope you see a good loss at next weigh in!! :)

Leeesa- Good luck! I too find it hard to get in my exercise and shower. In the back of my head I'm thinking "hmmmm exercise or sleep" haha I usually try to do it when DD is asleep so its soo tempting to just go to bed.

Ciarra- Congrats on the loss of 3.2!! Keep up the great work :) It's so exciting when you go down a notch :woohoo:

Welcome Saramommy, Mommytomikey !!!

Keep up the awesome job everyone!!

:dust:

loriehohlf
04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Ok, my normal weigh in day is Saturday morning, but this week I am planning to go on Thursday evening because I can't go on Saturday. I hate going on a day that isn't normal day...and especially not my normal time. I normally don't get all worked up about weigh ins, but I was up last week and don't want to be again this week. I have been tracking, getting my good health guidelines, doing activity...guess I will just see how it goes. I feel like I am in a rut again.

Ok, done rambling. How is everyone else today?

Ann72
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Very strange! I posted a reply here a couple of days ago. After I submitted it, my computer froze up. I checked again a few minutes later and it was posted, but now it's gone. Hmmm....

Anyway, how's everyone? I'm glad this is becoming an active thread. What a great group of moms we have here. Thanks everyone for the support. My motivation's been pretty low lately, so I'm hoping some of yours rubs off on me. For now, I'm thinking that I need to get back to a meeting. I thought I could do it on my own online but it's just not happening. I need the accountability and the physical act of having to go somewhere and get weighed (and get support from people IRL).

I started physical therapy on my back (I think I wrote about it in the missing post). I am currently going 3x per week and it's really helping. It's also very intense! I had no idea how hard it would be, and I walk out of there feeling like I've had a nice workout. I think I'll be there another two or three weeks, and then I'll continue some of the exercises on my own to continue to build strength and avoid further injuries.

Welcome newbies! Glad you're here to join us. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

OK, for those of us following TBL, yes, let's chat. Wow,I could not believe Nicole! She did amazing at home and looked amazing. I don't know about you, but it made me feel like I really need to step up my game a bit. Granted, I know we all have kids, work, and other things going on that maybe she doesn't have, but I'd be thrilled to have a third of the weight loss she had in that short amount of time.

Tara's been a bit weird the last couple of shows. I guess she's finally dealing with some emotional issues, so I guess that's a good thing. At the moment, I'm pulling for Kristin and Mike, but it's a hard season because everyone is really nice. I think my least favorites are Sione and Philipe. I realize they're just being competitive and playing the game, but they seem a bit sneaky to me.

OK, I really have to take advantage of DD's naptime now to get a few things done before I go off to work. I'll check in again over the next day or two.

Take care!

loriehohlf
04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Well, my friend just called and can't make it to WW with me tonite, so I think I am gonna bail too. I am SO exhausted today that I really didn't wanna go anyway. I am feeling very overwhelmed with all I need to get done by Saturday. We are having a birthday party for our (soon to be) 4 year old, so I am feeling a bit stressed out I guess.

Oh well, I will go next Saturday like I normally do and have a great big loss...right??

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Ciarra
04-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Just checking in. DD was sick last night so we went to the doc this morning....Double ear infections and broncitis. We have 4 scripts and hoping for a speedy recovery.

I don't watch biggest loser. Sounds like a great season. If they lose weight though they have all won something. I wish my weight would fall off quickly, but I know it is just a slow process.
Made a tasty kid friendly recipe last night.
Split 100 calorie English muffins (1)
a dab of pizza sauce (1)
a piece of mozzarrella cheese on each (2)
and a few canadian bacons (1)

Bake until bubbly and 2 liitle healthy pizzas for 5 points! My son loved them.

What do you make that the kids love?

loriehohlf
04-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Well, even though I had my son's birthday party today I went and weighed in this morning. I didn't stay for the meeting since I had to take my 6 year old and 18 month old with me, but......I lost 1.8!!! I am over the 65 lb mark now! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: Yay me!

We had a fantastic time today at the party too. It was a great day.

Caleighsmommy
04-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Woohoo!! :carrot: Way to go Lori!!!! You must feel great :)

loriehohlf
04-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Woohoo!! :carrot: Way to go Lori!!!! You must feel great :)

I do! I started WW on April 12 last year...so my 1 year WW anniversary is coming up. Who knew a year ago this is where I would be now. Amazing.

Ciarra
04-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Lorie,
Congrats on the great loss and the 65# gone accomplishment. Amazing progress in just one year!

Ciarra
04-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Well this is Palm Sunday and Easter is next week? How is everyone's Easter Bunny and what are you planning this year?

I am planning on catching several egg hunts next weekend. My 15 month old went to the doctor on Friday and is on meds for earinfections/broncitis, so praying she is better by Friday.
I picked up my 11 year old gummies to put in eggs for his basket. My daughter though is too young for candy so a stuffed animal and a board book for her basket.
Not sure about Easter itself. My husband has a big Hispanic family that does BIG meals for the holidays, but my mom in law is in the hospital (as of last night) until Thursday with a really bad infection. So I'm not sure if we will all bring something or just not do the big meal.
I am on vacation this week, but one day will go and clean her house so when she is released it will be clean and hopefully she will just concentrate on getting better.

Ann72
04-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Lorie--You are doing such an amazing job! I'm so inspired that you have been at it for almost a year and have such a great loss to show for it! Way to go!

Ciarra--This will be a challenging week all around. We are Jewish so we'll be celebrating Passover. Lots of food, family get togethers, etc. And, since we do have some family members who celebrate Easter, we'll get in on those festivities too. DD usually gets easter baskets from my aunt or cousins. I hope your DD is feeling a lot better.

I just feel like I'm stuck and unable to get moving again with healthy eating and exercise. It's been like this since I had DD over two years ago. I have a few good weeks and feel confident and then I blow it and can't get back on the wagon. It's pretty sad, actually.

I just keep trying. I'm not sure what else I can do. :)

Take care.

loriehohlf
04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks you guys. A year ago when I joined WW I really didn't think I would make it this far. I am having fun buying all new clothes. I am so tempted to buy summer stuff, but since I am still loosing I have no idea what size I might be by the time if finally warms up. I am starting to think it is never gonna warm up.

Ciarra
04-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Ann,
Motivation is such a hard thing to keep. For myself I bought a 3 month tracker and when I finihs it I will reward myself. I think for me I needed to work on following the program for 3 months and track to get going in the right direction. The success I've had every week has just encouraged me that much more and I'm on week 11 out of 12 so almost there. Might be something to help you get on track.
Lorie, it will warm up. I keep telling myself it will.. We have the delightfull tease of pretty weather then cold snaps. I planted a garden a couple of weeks ago and am hoping it did not reeze last night. I was hoping our cold weather was over.....

Good news, my weigh in was yesterday and I'm down 3 pounds!!!! Hoping I see a loss this week!

loriehohlf
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Ciarra-You are doing so well! I can't believe how much you have lost in such a short amount of time! Keep up the good work!

Well, my son's birthday party was a lot of fun. He got to pick the menu...homemade pizza, Cheetos, Doritos and of course cake. I only had a little of each and had saved up my WPA to allow for it, so that was ok. Then Sunday we had potluck at church (we always do the first Sunday of the month) and I did ok there. Weekends can be so hard for me to stay on plan.

I have leftover cake in the house and the awesome brownies (my son took brownies as a birthday treat to his Sunday School class). I sent most of the brownies to work with my husband, but kept a few here for the kids. Well, yesterday the kids were being horrible and it was stressing me out big time...I ate two brownies and a cupcake. As soon as I get up I am gonna go put the rest of them in the car so I don't eat any today. I know I won't go out there to get them, so that will work.

I have set a mini goal for myself to loose another 5 lbs by my wedding anniversary (April 25). I used to set mini goals for myself when I first started WW but haven't done it in a while, so I thought I would try it again. Wish me luck!

Ok, I am gonna go reward myself with a little sewing. I am making myself a new shirt and then I am gonna make the boys vests for Easter. I really need to get going on those! I am running out of time!

Have a great day everyone!

Ciarra
04-08-2009, 09:25 AM
5 pounds sounds like a really doable goal and they add up. I guess I should start thinking that way. I have about 30 pounds to go to reach my goal.
I wish I could sew. So many cute things out there and just the thought of being able to alter things.
My birthday is looming ahead at the end of this month. I am currently 188 but would love to find 179.anything by the 29th. I think it may be too ambitous of a goal but anything closer to it and I will be happy.
Good news: Mother in law is being released from the hospital this morning. Hoping she will have a speedy recovery.
Easter lunch will be at her home, but I'll be cooking. So gotta plan my menu and finish shopping today. Turkey and veggies, rolls, a cake and a couple of pies....... Hopefully I can keep it pretty simple.

Ciarra
04-13-2009, 03:07 PM
How is everyone? Recovering from the holiday?
I know I am, it was not a good eating weekend. Back on track today!

loriehohlf
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I overdid it a little this weekend too, not horrible though. That is what WPA is for, right? I am back on track today, and tracking. I always have too much going on and forget to track on the weekends. I need to get better about that.

Anyway, I had my WI on Saturday and lost .6 lbs. That got me to my 3rd 10% goal! :carrot: I set my next short term goal as another 10%. That is about another 18 lbs. When I hit that I will only have 27 lbs to loose till my goal. Wow! Is the end in sight?

I need to run to the store sometime....maybe tomorrow, and get some more fruits and veggies. I am running really low on stuff.

Anyway, I better go finish the laundry. I wanna try to get another ride in on my bike tonite too. I did 35 min this morning, would like to get a little more in today.

How is everyone else doing??

loriehohlf
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Anyone watch TBL last nite?

loriehohlf
04-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Is our thread dead??:?:

Ann72
04-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Sorry, Lorie/Ciarra. I had a really busy week and just haven't had a moment to check in until now.

I've been not doing so great on the eating front. The holidays didn't help me get back on track at all. At least I've been pretty active, which will hopefully prevent me from gaining weight.

Where is everyone else? I hope they come by again.

You know I watched TBL, Lorie. I'm enjoying it as usual. Who are you pulling for these days? They're all looking amazing. I loved the makeovers.

Take care!

loriehohlf
04-17-2009, 10:12 PM
You know I watched TBL, Lorie. I'm enjoying it as usual. Who are you pulling for these days? They're all looking amazing. I loved the makeovers.

Take care!

I think I want Mike to win. I think it would be nice it Kristen won, but I also think she has too much weight yet to loose, which would make it hard for her to win. If that makes sense. Mike is just looking so handsome!

Ciarra
04-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Lorie, Congrats on your 10%!!!
Hi, Ann!
I don't get a chance to watch a lot of tv. Noggin or American idol.... But love that there is a show that encourages weight loss.
Hungry Girl has a new book out of recipes..... Must get out and get one. I need all the help I can get.
I've had a couple of eating more than I should days this week but still within WPA and activity points. I've just been starving. I just hate that. I really need to go grocery shopping. I have eaten most of my stuff.
I've decided to stop attending the weekly meetings. I have the information, and while I love meetings they just take so much time out of my day off. I really need to be doing other stuff, like housework, yardwork or just spending time with my family. If I am not successfull then I can always go back.
I'll try to check in more. Things just get busy.

Ciarra
04-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Good morning, it's Manic Monday around here....
how is everyone doing?

I've been on WW for 3 months! Today. So thrilled to stick to it this long.
Switching my weigh ins to Tuesday mornings and going to do it at home. (see above) So my next 3 months starts tommorrow.
I have a 3 month points journal so hoping that I'll be to goal or really close by then!
Anyway going to a well baby visit this afternoon and getting immunizations. I hate those.....

Ann72
04-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Ciarra--you're doing so great. I wish I could stick with it for 3 days let alone 3 months. lol.

Lorie--yeah, Mike's a cool guy. I really like him. Don't you think they HAVE to add his brother as a contestant for next season? How cool would that be? I can't wait to watch tonight. :)

Well, we're going away on vacation on Saturday. When I return, I am going to go back to meetings. Ciarra is strong enough to do it on her own, but apparently, I'm not. :(

Ann72
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
We've going away tomorrow, so this will probably be my last time here for a little over a week. Have a great week ladies. :)

Hopefully, the activity on the thread will pick up a little bit by the time I return. I miss hearing from everyone. :)

loriehohlf
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Ann-Have a nice trip!

My 11th wedding anniversary is tomorrow. We had made plans to take the kids to this state park, do some walking, taking in the scenery, have a picnic, etc. But there is an 80% chance of rain and it isn't supposed to be very warm. I think we will still go, but will have to come up with a different plan if it is pouring.

I weigh in tomorrow morning. I feel like I am doing everything right, but I also feel like I am stuck in a rut.

Anyone doing the Walk It Challenge? I signed up, and am very excited about doing my 5K in June.

Have a great weekend everyone!

loriehohlf
04-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Everyone? Seems like no one is posting anymore....where is everyone?

I had an ok weigh in on Saturday. I lost .4, which brings me to 66 lost total. Looking forward to 70 lost now.

This week is busy for me. I am having a rummage sale on Saturday. I have been busy going thru stuff to sell. So far the weather is looking good, so I am hoping people wanna buy my stuff. We have a village-wide rummage sale, so there is always oddles of people. My mom is coming down to help me (and also bring some of her stuff to sell). Fun, fun! Better get to work!

gemini1567
04-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi Ladies...I'm hoping this group isn't dead, because I sure would like to join! I have 2 daughters, one is 5 years old & the other nearly 4 months. I was doing pretty well on WW & going to Curves last year, lost about 14 lbs in 2 months, until I found out I was pregnant. Due to Gest. Diabetes & a really strict diet, I gained 0 pounds during my pregnancy. However, according to my last scale reading I'm up 7 lbs, which means that I've gained even more then that (not sure of my weight immediately post pregnancy).

Soooo...I'm joining back next payday. Until then I'm going off of my existing knowledge of WW, I know my point allotment etc. I am joining back up with Curves this Friday also. I'm hoping to find time between my "work" days at odd's school, starting up a new part time job and general mommy duties to get the exersizing in, along with staying away from all the temptations of food.

loriehohlf
04-30-2009, 08:52 AM
:wave:Hi Gemini! I am still around, so post away!

gemini1567
05-02-2009, 01:48 AM
So I'm a muncher and I have a really bad sweet tooth, that is one of my downfalls. So I went to the store today and loaded up on acceptable munchies. Got some WW ice creams, unsweetened applesauce, ff cheese along with some easy to pop in the microwave lunches. I know the frozen meals aren't the best way to go, because of sodium etc, but with 2 young ones, I need something I can fix in a hurry and isn't very hands on.

Ciarra
05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Gemini,
I like a lot of the frozen meals, just so quick and easy and so little effort on my part. So nice to meet you!
I have had some issues on and off since Easter but last week was a really good week and I'm back down where I should be. So I feel more motivated again to try and behave and do well. Hoping to find my 170 this summer so I have gotta get going.
Waiting on my little lady to get up from her nap and will spend some time playing in the yard. Not really structured exercise but at least I'll be moving some.

FitSarah
05-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Can I join your group? I am a mother of 3 and I started back to WW 2 weeks ago and I've lost 8lbs so far! My youngest is going to be 10mos old on Monday. I am up 60lbs from where I should be...

Sarah

Ciarra
05-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Way to go Sarah! 8 pounds is awesome!

And welcome to our group!

loriehohlf
05-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the new people!

Well I made it through my rummage sale last weekend and did fairly well. The weather was really nice, aside from some pretty gusty winds at times, and we had tons of people out. I got rid of a quite a bit of stuff. I just wish someone had bought my high chair. Oh well.

This week I am dealing with preparations for our Mother Daughter Banquet at church. It is Saturday. Once this week is over I think I can breathe again.

Last week my eating was all out of wack and I am having a hard time getting it back on track this week. I am not gaining, but I am not loosing. I have a bad case of the BLT's (bites, licks and tastes). I need to refocus and get it back under control!

Well, today should be fun. I have to go grocery shopping and get stuff to make 120 apple cookies, a Caramel Apple Triffle, and an apple pie. (apple theme for the banquet). Luckily I am not eating all this stuff, just making it.

So, I better get busy. Have a great day everyone!

MaddiesMom
06-13-2009, 09:23 PM
I'd like to join as well. I've been on WW for 2 weeks now...I attend meetings at work (my company is great! They have a WW rep come in on our lunch hour and have the meetings on Thursdays...and they pay HALF the fee! Couldn't say no to that).

I'm Vicky, have an 18 mos old daugther, I work full time as well. I'm getting into the swing of WW (sorta) and will be joining the gym this week. Question...how do you find time to spend with your child, work full time, AND get a work out. I've found the only way I can do this is to work out at 8 pm each night, because I want that time with my daughter. Any suggestions on how to balance.

Another question...do you find that if you eat too much of the WW snacks, you get sick? I had some parmesean garlic pretzels with lunch and a chocolate caramel bar as a snack, and paid for it at home later. Just wondering if anyone else experience the same thing.

crk05
06-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi, I'm new here too and would love to join you! I'm Christina, and I have a wonderful two-year-old son, and I work full-time in healthcare IT. During pregnancy I started to let go of my eating habits, and after my son was born, I just completely stopped paying attention, and I didn't lose my "baby weight" AND I gained weight on top of that. I started seeing my clothes feeling tighter and tighter, and then saw how I looked in some recent pictures of myself, and decided I HAD to do something. Several of my friends have done WW with great success, so I decided to check it out. I went to my first meeting this week. I have 30-35 pounds to lose. Some of my main challenges/struggles are balancing workout time with time with my family, overcoming late-night munchies, dealing with emotional eating, and getting the right balance of nutritious foods, esp veggies!! Nice to "meet" all of you!

winki
06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Hello, I would love to join. I have a 22 month little boy(Andrew aka Drew). I work full time at a hospital. I have been on WW a few times. I have stuck with it, but I cant seem to keep court of my points on the weekend. I tell myself every week I am going to do it, but when the time comes I BOMB.

skyootr
07-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi there,

Does anyone still post on this thread??
I'm just starting back on WW this week (started last wednesday - have my first weigh in this wednesday).
I am a mom to two great kids a 2.5 year old (very challenging) and a 5 month old!

Anyways if anyone is around would love to visit and "weigh in" each week.

CherryAutumn
07-19-2009, 03:59 PM
It certainly doesn't look like there is much traffic on this site anymore but i will give it a try to. I am 26 yrs. old and a mother to a 4 yr. old, 2 yr. old, and a 3 week old baby. I don't have the go ahead for excercise yet but i do want to get back on the healthy eating track again. What day do you weigh in on each week?

skyootr
07-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Congratulations CherryAutumn!!

I'm finding two little ones a challenge - nevermind three!!

I weigh in on Wednesdays so will try to post a couple days a week here!
What days are you weighing in?

MaddiesMom
07-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I weigh in on Thursdays, but I also joined another thread on 3FC where I weigh in on Sundays. Keeps me motivated.

Also, if you are interested, here is a link with WW meal ideas...

http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/

skyootr
07-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Morning all,

Had my first weigh in yesterday and was happy to see that I was down 3.6 lbs!! I was very glad about that as I had used all my extra flex and exercise points last week!! YIPEEEEEEEE

So this week I am trying to fit in a few extra workouts and not use all my flex points!

CherryAutumn
08-05-2009, 01:18 PM
maddiesmom- thanks for the link with meal ideas.

skyootr- weigh to go on the 3.6 pound loss that is great.

MummyTummy
11-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Hey everyone! I am a Mom of an 18 month old girl and have gained back all 40 lbs that I lost on WW the first time (and then some!) I have known for awhile that I need to get it under control again because I would like to start thinking about another baby.

I have been doing WW at home and am back to weighing what I eat, making fruit smoothies every morning (frozen fruit and crystal light in the magic bullet...delicious and only one point!) and weighing myself once a week and keeping track on a graph on my computer.

Having my little girl makes me see that I really need to not only do this for me, but for her too! I don't want her to struggle like I have with weight, so the healthy changes need to be made now, while she is a baby!

calboydoc
12-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Is there anyone still doing the moms group?? I am new and I was looking for a group like this. I am a new mother, I have a 9 year old, and 6 month old. THanks

Haley8203
01-10-2010, 02:38 PM
hi I'm a single mom I have a 6 year old daughter and I'm a full-time student. I'm starting WW tomorrow for the first time, my first meeting is on Wednesday. I had lost 80lbs on my own, then I quit smoking and gained back 60....grrr!

MakingSkinny
01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi! I'm new here, too, and would love to help revive this group! I sure know how hard it is to juggle all the responsibilities and still find "me" time.

I'm Angie, 30yo. I'm a SAHM to three boys who are 7yo, 4yo and 21mo. I also do professional photography (mostly families & weddings) on a very part time basis. I have homeschooled my 7yo since kindergarten (now in 2nd grade) and my 4yo will be turning 5 soon and we'll be starting K in the fall.

I'm doing WW at home on my own, since we can't afford the meetings. I had a choice between WW meetings or a gym membership, and the gym won.

CherryAutumn
01-10-2010, 11:11 PM
It is nice to see some people posting.

I am 26 yrs old and a SAHM of three little ones. A 4.5 yr old girl and two boys 2.5 and 6 months old. I have done WW before from home but fell off the wagon but hoping to get back on.

Haley8203
01-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Hi everyone, I went to my first meeting yesterday and today I'll start counting my points. Do people usually eat their activity points? I have planned 90 min of exercise today and that would be about 13 extra points....hmmm....(one 30 min segment is very high intensity) Ok well I'm off to school!

Donna28
01-26-2010, 09:46 AM
I would love to join you group. I am 31 years old, and I have a 5 year old and a 10 month old. I know just what you mean when you say how difficult it is to be trying to get you life back on track while taking care of little ones. My baby is such a Mammas boy that just today I tried to put him in the day care at the gym and they were out to get me after only ten minutes because he wouldn't stop crying! This is my first week starting WW at home, I weigh in on thurs. and I am hoping for a good loss!

mammanna
02-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone,

I was hoping that I could join too, and that this group isn't completely dead ;)

I'm a SAHM to 3 kiddos, a 5 year old, a 3.5 year old, and an almost 2 year old. I did WW (by myself at home) back in 2001 and lost 35 pounds, but since having the kids am pretty much back where I was before I started :cry:

My life right now is so hectic it's very hard to lose weight, but it's getting harder and harder to fit into my clothes and to breathe normally, so I need to stop making excuses and try to get back in shape.

I am going to dig up my materials from way back when and see if I can follow them again, though I know that there's no way I'll be able to do the exercise that I did before as I'm pretty much stuck at the hip to at least 1 kid at all times, and in the evenings I'm too dead to move.

ethsmommy
02-23-2010, 08:45 AM
is there another place this group is?? i would love to join u ladies!! i'm a sahm with 2 kids. my son is 8 and my daughter is 19 months. i'm also doing ww for the 2nd time. hope to chat with u all soon!! pardon my poor typing..addison is sitting on my lap while i type.

Chrissy10
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi ladies! I would like to join. I hope we can all start talking more it looks like it is pretty hit and miss. I am a working mother of three. I have a 5 year old son, a 3 year old son, and a 9 month old daughter. As you can imagine I have my hands full. I dont have a whole lot of trouble with the diet change but fitting in exercise is the trouble. Hoping to find the time!

1bighog
04-18-2010, 06:00 PM
I'd love to join this group! Hopefully we can get it active.

I have 4 kids--ages 12, 7, 5, and 3. I recently went back to work part-time. I am doing okay with the WW thing so far but I am having the hardest time finding time to exercise. Every day I get up, get the kids up and ready, take them to school/babysitter, go to work, pick them back up, then from there it's 2-3 different activities every night. I've also been traveling a lot this year and when I'm home I'm exhausted.

LosinitinCO
04-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi All,

I too hope this group isn't dead because I would love to join as well!! I just started WW last week, and have my first official weigh in on Thursday! So far, I am really enjoying this program.

A little about me: I am a mom to an energetic 2 1/2 year old little boy, married to the love of my life, work full time, and trying to find myself again. After having my son everything took priority, and I put on 50 lbs in the process. I am looking forward to losing weight and regaining the energy it takes to chase after a toddler!

I really hope this group isnt' dead :shrug:

I would also be interested in just touching base through email or Facebook too!

Good luck to all!
Losing It In Colorado

1bighog
04-23-2010, 09:13 AM
How's it going, everyone? What changed for you this past week? What's new for you this upcoming week?

For me, this past week I have been committed to drinking 80 oz of water per day. That is hard for me! Next week, my challenge is to start exercising. I have plantar fasciitis so my feet hurt all the time and I've been putting the exercise thing off.

LosinitinCO
04-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Hey Girls!

What an insane weekend!!! It was crazy busy, and I didn't make it to the gym :( I had my first weigh in last Thursday, and was down .6 lbs. Not a huge loss, but it counts, right?? I am going to really focus and work harder this week!

New for me this week:

1.) Count everything I put in my mouth. I had no idea how quickly little nibbles here and there add up!
2.) Drink all my water. This one is hard for me too, so let's do it!
3.) Eat my 5 fruits and veggies this week. I noticed I do a lot better when I eat these compared to junk for Points.

Since this is only Week 2 for me, there is a lot of new things for me! I am really enjoying WW, I just need to learn the tricks first.

1bighog: Can you do water aerobics or swimming? I have a friend who lost a lot of weight going to the pool and swimming and taking a water aerobics class twice a week. She also has plantar fascitis, and this was great for her! Just a thought! Good luck on the exercise routine, keep us posted!

Here's to a great week,
Losing It In Colorado

1bighog
04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Hey Girls!

What an insane weekend!!! It was crazy busy, and I didn't make it to the gym :( I had my first weigh in last Thursday, and was down .6 lbs. Not a huge loss, but it counts, right?? I am going to really focus and work harder this week!

New for me this week:

1.) Count everything I put in my mouth. I had no idea how quickly little nibbles here and there add up!
2.) Drink all my water. This one is hard for me too, so let's do it!
3.) Eat my 5 fruits and veggies this week. I noticed I do a lot better when I eat these compared to junk for Points.

Since this is only Week 2 for me, there is a lot of new things for me! I am really enjoying WW, I just need to learn the tricks first.

1bighog: Can you do water aerobics or swimming? I have a friend who lost a lot of weight going to the pool and swimming and taking a water aerobics class twice a week. She also has plantar fascitis, and this was great for her! Just a thought! Good luck on the exercise routine, keep us posted!

Here's to a great week,
Losing It In Colorado
It definitely counts! I only lost .6 pounds as well! I belong to a gym with an indoor pool, but to be honest I hate going. The drive each way adds 1/2 hour to my workout time and even though it's not a lot of time at all, it's another 1/2 hour I don't have.

I visited an orthopaedist last week and he gave me some stretches to do. The bottom of my feet feel better already but my heels (tendonitis) still hurt real bad.

LosinitinCO
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
LOL I am the exact same way about the gym, and mine is only 5 minutes away! As a busy mom, I completely understand how time crunched everyday is. Some nights I need that time away though ;)

Glad to hear the stretches are helping! You will be on your feet in no time (pun intended!).

I am doing really well this week with my eating, I am staying OP, but haven't exercised as much as I would like. I am retaining a ton of water, and am not sure what to do about it. Since Monday, my hands have been swollen, lips are dry and cracking, etc. I have downed about 100 oz of water Monday and Tuesday and still don't seem to see any improvement. Really hoping it doesn't throw my WI, I worked really hard and want to see a good number!

Good luck today!

staceyonfire
04-28-2010, 07:41 PM
This is such a cool thread! I am a mom of a 5 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. Do I qualify? Being a mom does both motivate me and present challenges for sure! It's nice to know others share similar problems. I want to be a mom my kids are proud of. And I want to be a role model for healthy eating. That's why I started WW. I'm at goal now, but it hasn't been a super easy road. I've got their eating habits under control, but still having issues getting them moving. They are both bookworms. I can share a super cool newsletter that gives kid friendly WW recipes with points. It is shrinkingonabudget.com. Anybody have a good site or newsletter about kids and exercise - how much they need and the best way to get it?

1bighog
04-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Not sure, Stacey. I get a newsletter emailed to me by my daughter's coach but it is written specifically for hard core kid athletes (my daughter is a competitive gymnast.) She works out 16-20 hours a week and she doesn't have an ounce of fat on her.

My second child, however, while in the "normal" range, eats a TON of food and is somewhat sedentary. She does play soccer (although she plays goalie because she hates running), she takes a 1 hour a week recreational gymnastics class and a 1 hour a week recreational dance class. We are AMAZED that this is enough to keep her in a healthy weight range with as much as she eats. She is 7 years old and can eat more than a man. I've tried to bring it up to her doctor because it is just scary to watch her eat but he says she is obviously burning whatever she takes in because she is consistently in the same percentile every year.

DebbieGirl
05-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Hello Hello!!! My name is Debbie, I'm 32 and am a SAHM of 4 (ages 10,8,5,& 16 months). I am on a quest....AGAIN.......to finally loose this last 30 pounds of "baby" weight. I need help & motivation. LOL...Really, I am very much looking forward to finding some buddies on here! Hit me up anytime!!! <3 :hug:

LosinitinCO
05-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Debbie and All!

What a crazy, busy weekend! It was fun, but I didn't really stay OP. Back at it today!

I really need to quit making excuses and get to exercising. It's been so easy lately to "skip" because my DH is working about 100 hours per week (really) and I feel like a single mom, so I don't "have time" to workout. Unfortunately, I have a huge library of workout DVDs that could potentially be put in the DVD player and I could get a workout. So, my goal this week is to QUIT MAKING EXCUSES!!

Debbie: Welcome! Sounds like you are a very busy woman with 4 kids! I don't know if you would be interested, but I am in an email group that is really active and we have several moms on it. PM me and you can get involved, it's women from 3FC, we just wanted a more personal forum. Let me know if you are interested! Good luck in your journey!

Have a great week everyone!
Losing It In Colorado