Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #1  
Wandering in the Woods

Default I have started running ! Now a goal is in sight !

This just took a hold of me really unexpected. I was lifelessly projecting goals and self-image and progress, and until two days ago, I had no real inspiration. I started running ! I watched a cute movie on 3 nights ago about a boy, a miracle, and his training for a marathon. It occured to me that I could try running. Next morning I joined a fun runners forum and hang out in the beginners section, asking if I can do this. I was so surprised about the encouragement there, and within no time, I knew that I can actually do this : I can start running, regardless of my being 47 years old. Starting with only 1-minute intervals , jog/walking, I am taking baby steps. I have only gone for two days, and am finding myself ecstatic, hardly able to think of anything but the next time I get to run. It's some kind of Personal Best thing that has been dormant in me for about a decade. All I know is I haven't felt this good in my head in about 10 years ! I do not feel irked by the thought of setting a mini goal for me. Easy. I'm that confident. My mini goal is going to be every week. By next Friday I plan on running 3 minute intervals and walking 2, in the space of 20 minutes, which is five repetitions. I'm psyched to work at this. I will post my progress on this thread each day.

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 01-16-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/209/160

Height: 5'6''

Congrats. I have this game that I speed walk and once the street breaks/block ends. I run across it. It's good cause theres alot of blocks. Also If theres a slight uphill I'll start to run up it.
Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Yay yay yay! I love it when people find something that they enjoy doing!

Keep running!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I think we have an addict in the works!

Watch out, my 53 yo SIL now does marathons!!!

Addicting! (and keeps you very slim too!)
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #5  
I am on my weigh

S/C/G: 252/252/175

Height: 5'7

I think that is wonderful. I started running with my slow jogs (fast walks). I need to get back into running too. Congrats...
rmewife97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/200 /145

Height: 5' 8"

When you make that goal, make it wisely! Don't be like me!

About five years ago I had a goal to be able to run 5 miles. I worked all summer, starting like you and very very slowly building up to it.

And after all that work, one day, I finally did it. I ran five miles.

Having met my goal, I no longer felt any interest in it.

And I haven't run since.

(silly, silly me)
Kateastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #7  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

That's awesome! I've always wanted to be able to run because it looks like a lot of fun. (poet, ha) I'm absolutely petrified to run in public, so when everyone clears out of the cardio theater I run. I can run for two minutes without stopping. I hope to be able to run a whole 5K by the end of the year!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/180.5/155

Height: 5'7

congrats!!! running is the best! I've just gotten back into it again-- it really helps drop the lbs too! keep it up!
sheltielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Nothing feels as good to me as running. I just added some new tunes to my IPOD too to keep my pace up. This morning it was just ME and RIHANNA!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote