3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   I have started running ! Now a goal is in sight ! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/161745-i-have-started-running-now-goal-sight.html)

Hermit Girl 01-16-2009 10:18 AM

I have started running ! Now a goal is in sight !

This just took a hold of me really unexpected. I was lifelessly projecting goals and self-image and progress, and until two days ago, I had no real inspiration. I started running ! I watched a cute movie on 3 nights ago about a boy, a miracle, and his training for a marathon. It occured to me that I could try running. Next morning I joined a fun runners forum and hang out in the beginners section, asking if I can do this. I was so surprised about the encouragement there, and within no time, I knew that I can actually do this : I can start running, regardless of my being 47 years old. Starting with only 1-minute intervals , jog/walking, I am taking baby steps. I have only gone for two days, and am finding myself ecstatic, hardly able to think of anything but the next time I get to run. It's some kind of Personal Best thing that has been dormant in me for about a decade. All I know is I haven't felt this good in my head in about 10 years ! I do not feel irked by the thought of setting a mini goal for me. Easy. I'm that confident. My mini goal is going to be every week. By next Friday I plan on running 3 minute intervals and walking 2, in the space of 20 minutes, which is five repetitions. I'm psyched to work at this. I will post my progress on this thread each day.

Barbie 01-17-2009 03:38 PM

Congrats. I have this game that I speed walk and once the street breaks/block ends. I run across it. It's good cause theres alot of blocks. Also If theres a slight uphill I'll start to run up it.

Lovely 01-17-2009 04:58 PM

Yay yay yay! I love it when people find something that they enjoy doing! :D

Keep running!

TwynnB 01-17-2009 05:33 PM

I think we have an addict in the works!

Watch out, my 53 yo SIL now does marathons!!!

Addicting! (and keeps you very slim too!)

rmewife97 01-20-2009 03:40 PM

I think that is wonderful. I started running with my slow jogs (fast walks). I need to get back into running too. Congrats...

Kateastrophe 01-20-2009 09:51 PM

When you make that goal, make it wisely! Don't be like me!

About five years ago I had a goal to be able to run 5 miles. I worked all summer, starting like you and very very slowly building up to it.

And after all that work, one day, I finally did it. I ran five miles.

Having met my goal, I no longer felt any interest in it.

And I haven't run since.

(silly, silly me)

Jeannette311 01-21-2009 08:58 AM

That's awesome! I've always wanted to be able to run because it looks like a lot of fun. (poet, ha) I'm absolutely petrified to run in public, so when everyone clears out of the cardio theater I run. I can run for two minutes without stopping. I hope to be able to run a whole 5K by the end of the year!

sheltielover 01-25-2009 03:31 PM

congrats!!! running is the best! I've just gotten back into it again-- it really helps drop the lbs too! keep it up!

Thighs Be Gone 01-25-2009 03:34 PM

Nothing feels as good to me as running. I just added some new tunes to my IPOD too to keep my pace up. This morning it was just ME and RIHANNA!