Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 10:14 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default FRIDAY - yippee!

just getting the thread started...
Old 05-10-2002, 10:23 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning ladies, I am having a great morning. I snuck over to b/f house before work this morning I was a bit late needless to say. Oh well I did well last night still OP and someone is on my side this morning b/c no one brought donuts in to work. This is an act of God b/c we have them every Friday. I seriously work in the worst environment. Trust me stressed out Social Workers can EAT Anyways I have to work my second job tonight so that is not too exciting but tomorrow dress shopping and then tomorrow night we have friends from out of town coming in. Sunday of course lots of mother's day festivites. This is going to be a difficult OP wknd. but I plan to do it. I will just have to be very careful. I banked pts yesterday and maybe I will be able to today. Well anyone else have fun wknd plans?

I am not sure if I will be able to post anymore today so everyone have wonderful wknds

Becky
Old 05-10-2002, 11:10 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default hello!

me again. sheesh - it's so busy at work. can't get a minute's peace to post!! so, where is everyone? getting ready for the weekend?
BF is going to lisbon (portugal) for a friend's stag weekend so i've got the place to myself. i can't wait, i need to go home and chill out. tonight i have a work awards do (i didn't nominate myself for anything but i'm going for the craic). must try to restrain myself on the free booze. it was far too drunken last year!
hi becky, we've already had mother's day in the uk (end of march).
which is good cos it's my mum's 60th this year so i'll be spending enough on her as it is!! (but she's worth it).
hope everyone has an OP weekend! i'm gonna try my best. back later if i get a chance.
kirsty
Old 05-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Happy Friday...

The sun is shining and it is FRIDAY! What more could a girl ask for??

I went running last night and as I got near the lake, I couldn't even stand up - the winds were so strong that it was a stuggle to even walk. Needless to say, I turned around and ran home!

On Sunday, for Mother's Day, I am participating in a walk to raise money for breast cancer with my grandma, mom, sister and 3 year old niece. It is our fourth year doing it and has become our Mother's Day tradition in honor of my mom, who is a four year breast cancer survivor. It is such a special day for us. We are going out to brunch after the walk. A great day of female bonding!

After work tonight I am meeting a friend for some martinins and snacks, and then we are going to head over to the W Hotel and check out the bars there, which are supposed to be really good. Should be a fun time, but whenever I start drinking at 5 I am asking for trouble....

Becky - Have fun dress shopping! Let us know what you find.

Kirsty - Have fun at the work awards! Free booze is always a good thing!
Old 05-10-2002, 12:50 PM   #5  
Water Freak

Hi everyone! Just a quick post here in between my exams (just one more left and then I'm done!). So far today has been really good, I am doing weel with eating and managed to go for a bit of a walk. Going home this evening and I am really hoping my mom has not made something super-fatty and caloric, like lasagne. I guess I will try to have a really tiny portion and fill up on salad, if she has. Honestly, does anyone ever feel a little sabotaged by their mother, or is this just me? She used to get onto me for being too fat, then as soon as I got to about the same weight she was I became "thin as a rake" and "gaunt", and she was always going and buying stuff like full fat ice cream when I came home. Now I've gained some back and look "great". Frankly, I liked myself better at thin as a rake. Hrmph. Anyway, I'm going to go bury myself at the top of the library with my books. 7:00 this evening and I am free for a week!

Cat
Old 05-10-2002, 01:57 PM   #6  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick hi before I head out. I'm going home for the weekend (parent's home) and I'm trying to decide what I all need to do here & there... and I'm trying to decide if I really need a haircut. I like the lady at home who cuts my hair, but I don't think I can wait long enough, so I might decide to go to a walk-in $8.99 place... scares me a little though.

Sorry about the rambling... This is a little weird being home all day long with just job-hunting to do. It sounds like everyone else is busy for me though, so I'll just relax

I've been eating really badly lately. Yesterday I went to red lobster, and me and a friend just went crazy, but it was so good. just way too much. and the night before, beer & pizza ... But I've been exercising, so hopefully it cancels it all out (wishful thinking, i know). I'll get back on track soon, like when I stop keeping bad stuff around the house.

No big plans on the weekend, just going out with friends (bowling tonight) and hanging out with the family & mom for mother's day.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 05-10-2002, 02:54 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Default I'M BACK!!!

Yay we finally got the internet hooked up at our new place this morning! I tell you its been a long two weeks without you gals to talk to! I'm still taking it one day at a time WW wise. No siginificant loss to report Moving was a huge sabotage to eating healthy because we ended up eating out a ton! I finally have my kitchen set up & I have groceries so it will be much easier to eat the way I should be. I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts I missed but it looks like there are some new faces-that's super! DF & I are heading home to the parents this weekend to accomplish more wedding stuff. Only six weeks away now! Crazy! Anyway I still have lots of stuff to do before we head home so I should run. I'll be back in to chat either Monday night or Tuesday morning. Take care all! Hope you're busy acheiving your goals! All you Moms out there have a Happy Mother's Dya this weekend!

-Rina
Old 05-10-2002, 03:25 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default From the bowels of exam land

Hey Girls
tomorrow is my last exam!!!! THANK GOD b/c i'm about to burst
Tommorrow night is MILLERTIME or indeed WHiskey time!
I hve been eating nothing but crap but I Think the stress has helped me burn some of it off
Confusing boy is still confusing and now a bit jealous!
he brought me coffee the other day while i was talking to a Very Very handsome friend and the usually chatty confusing boy said nothing besides hello
Enter YOunger man another friend of mine who i hungout with last weekend @ VAnMorrisson* and at a bbq has been giving me the look of like I might be going out with him tommorrow night to celebrate end of finals so we shall see about all of that
the bonus of younger man is that hes from home and goes to my uni but i'm not counting my chickens yet
* at the vanmorrison show i had a BIZarre welsh experience!
this welsh woman was sitting in front of me
fair play to her for coming to a concert on her own BUT WHY IN GODS NAME did she have to tell me her life story?????????
she sat on the arm of the chair and during the more popular songs
did her own handjivecum interpretive dance that almost put my eye out and looked as if she was applying deoderant while kicking her leg into the aisleAND SLAPPING HER *** TO THE RYTHM OF THE MUSIC OH THE HUMANITY!
so theres my excitement!
be back next week with a vengeance and without a full fat coke
I MISS U GUYS!
Love
Kier
PS JESS U LOSIN QUEEN U!
Old 05-10-2002, 10:52 PM   #9  
Water Freak

AAAGH! I have just had a horrible binge. On caramel ice cream! Why oh why oh why? Yesterday was so good too! And I was doing so well today until then! I suppose at least it is not as bad as it might have been...normally I would still be eating, until I was ready to puke. Ok, I will get back on track, and tomorrow will be a better day. Long walk with the dog first thing in the morning. And I am going to bed now so that I do not eat anymore. Love you all!

Cat
Closed Thread