Old 11-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Mini-slide...stopping now!

I've just read a bunch of posts of folks who have regained some or all of the weight they lost. Boy did they hit home...I'm not there but this past several days I've been looking in that direction.

No terrible binges, just a little bit more food, a little bit less healthy. Seconds where I have been happy with one serving. Meals higher in fat. Snacks when I'm not hungry...and justifying.

Today the scale was up one pound from three days ago. Not bad I know, but I also know it isn't water. It isn't hormones. It is eating too much and not well for the last three days.

This ends today. I want to enjoy Thanksgiving, but that doesn't mean overeating or binging. I also want to get to Thanksgiving feeling good about myself...which I won't if I keep eating this way.

The funny thing is, I feel better when I stick to healthy. You would think that would be motivation enough. (But last night I roasted a chicken for dinner...and promptly made my dinner the skin and stuffing with a minimum amount of meat. Not good. I know it.)

I'm making three commitments to myself...and you all!

1) I commit to keep posting and stick around, not vanish in embarassment or shame. (And posting to me means keeping honest with my slide and my comments.)

2) I commit to eat healthy today and for the rest of the week.

3) I commit to making a plan for Thanksgiving so that it is pleasurable without being binging and unhealthy.

I can do this. I will do this.

Thanks for your support. Thanks for those of you who have been so honest and willing to talk about what is happening in your lives and bodies. Its helped.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #2  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I'm on a mini slide right now too. I've been playing between 210 and 215 since September... not eating what I should be, not moving as much. Thanks for coming clean first Pandora! I am aiming to be on my calories for the day for a start!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Pandora - it has to be the time of the year. I just posted to my blog nearly the EXACT same thing. I'm a few lbs up from my ticker weight and it's because of the exact same thing. Sloppiness, really. A few extra helpings here, an indulgence there ... etc.

And being lazy about going to the gym. *sigh*

I swear it has to have something to do with the change of seasons. Winter gets here and all I want to do is snuggle under a blanket on the sofa and eat.

It's craziness I tell you!!!

So I'm with ya, chickie. We can do this.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #4  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Pandora123a firstly you have admitted that there is a backslide over the past few days in your eating habits and your exercise regime which is the first step to solving the problem rather than burying your head in the sand hoping it will go away.

Now that you have identified the areas that need some work plus put it down in black and white what your going to commit to. That gained pound should melt away with staying on plan and going back to your regular exercise regime.

Thanks for sharing your experience it has made me be aware of my own behaviours now that my own weight loss has slowed down to a snails pace and it is so easy to stray from the right path.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

{{Pandora}}

It's great that you stopped yourself *now*. One pound can come right back off. 20? Not so much.

But wherever we are we gotta keep going, take off what needs to be taken off, and you are setting a great example in that regard. Everyone on the slippery slope: stop now. It doesn't get easier later!!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Admitting it NOW before you got out of hand is the first and best step. With that kind of commitment to YOURSELF you'll do this for sure
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #7  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Glad to see you posting and turning back after going just a few steps backwards! Looking forward to celebrating with you in Onederland!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Go you for stepping up and taking action. Everyone gets sidetracked now and then. The important thing is that you recognize it and keep on truckin!
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #9  

Okay, I did it. The scale on Monday (official weight) was flat from last week...but the scale this morning shows me back to my last "unofficial" weight of the middle of the week before the slide started.

I've had several really on plan days with minimal indulgence. I've made my Thanksgiving plan, and I will stick to it.

This mini slide is over. I'm hoping that next Monday I will show a loss again...but whether the scale cooperates I'm sticking with my plan.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Whoo hooo! Go Pandora!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Pandora, that is the most wonderful news. I loved your initial post (just read it) and loved reading your follow-up. Way to do it, girl! I have also made the same commitment to Thanksgiving as you. I will enjoy myself but not overindulge.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 11-25-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #12  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora123a View Post
This mini slide is over. I'm hoping that next Monday I will show a loss again...but whether the scale cooperates I'm sticking with my plan.
Good for you! I'm so pleased you stopped the lapse in its tracks.

I'm one of those who didn't take myself in hand until I'd regained every last pound of the 70 I'd lost! I'm not beating myself up, or crying "poor me", but getting right back down to it. I'm sticking with my plan too.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #13  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Good for you Pandora - I know you have expressed concerns in the past about sabotaging yourself at this point previously.

Stick to it, be accountable out loud and we'll all get through the holidays with our pants falling off!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #14  
active kids, active mom

Thanks for this post pandora. I have been on a plateau since June when I had some surgery. I have been so proud of at least not gaining -- until the past few weeks that is -- when I gained back about 7 lbs. I m now down 4 of those, but man the slide is so insidious. It's so easy to lose hope and then lose track and then STOP LOSING and then gain it back. I am getting a lot of inspiration from posts like yours, though, and fee like I am back on track.
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #15  

Its the Monday after Thanksgiving...which proved to be more of a challenge than I expected. DS was in, he is rarely around any more, and of course we indulge him with his favorite meals!

I felt good on Thanksgiving, not as good after having two healthy helpings of beef stroganoff...although I was able to stop in the middle of the second. I really tried to watch it all weekend though, and virtue was rewarded, down two pounds from last Monday!

Thank you all for your support as I have struggled with this. Right now I feel pretty much back on target...and hey there are three weeks before I have to start really worrying about the rest of the holiday season.