Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 01:28 PM   #1  

Talking Let's Brag Away

Sometimes I find it very hard to brag the way that I want to about losing a lb or so.

People around me look at me like, "yeah, that's great". But they don't get it. But I know you all do..you understand the feeling I get each time I battle a temptation and win. Or when I force myself to go exercise or when I see the scale inch towards a goal or when a pair of jeans finally fit the right way.

Let's brag Away!!!!

I lost 2 lbs since Monday and I have been OP all week! I feel wonderful and I am finally entering a weekend with a little more confidence that I will not sabatoge everything this weekend.

Come on..brag to me about something!!
Old 04-25-2002, 01:36 PM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

Yee Haw!!!! I lost 2.8 lbs this week, and this is my 4th day OP.. I have drank 60 oz of water so far, and am working on another 36 oz right now, I got up to go to the gym this am, and 3FC found me worthy enough to be the moderator of this here place.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:43 PM   #3  
Sweating the pounds off

S/C/G: 360/301.7/199

Height: 5'6 ... I'm shrinking vertically when I'd rather shrink horizontally.

Since I started on my new "lifestyle" around the 16th or 17th (April) I've lost ....

11 lbs!!!

Yahooo!!!!!

I think most of it came from cutting out pop completely and replacing it with water - I'm giving myself a goal of a gallon a day. That's 10 of my water bottles, and I'm only on "almost" 3 right now ... but I've got about 10 hours left. I KNOW I can do it!

My DH's 20 year reunion is in August and I'd like to have "fun" trying on clothes again .... not the depression excursion it's become.

Congrats on being losers, Jennifer and Beth Ann ... but please humor me and answer a question for an in the dark newbie: what's OP? Something very simple I'm sure - and I'll probably smack my head with a "DUH!" as soon as you tell me!

R
250/239/150
Old 04-25-2002, 01:44 PM   #4  
Losin It For GOOD!

"On Plan" or "On Program" depending who you talk to.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:08 PM   #5  

Congrats to both of you!!!

sickntired..WOOHOO..YOU are having a wonderful start! OP..means On Program (whatever diet, lifestyle change, program you are following)
Old 04-25-2002, 02:29 PM   #6  
Sweating the pounds off

S/C/G: 360/301.7/199

Height: 5'6 ... I'm shrinking vertically when I'd rather shrink horizontally.

Yep, here we go ....

DUH!

(Did ya hear the sound of me smacking myself upside the head?)

I *knew* OP was going to be something alarmingly simple!

Have a great day!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 12:28 AM   #7  

sick_n_tired, don't worrie about it, i had to ask the same question.

Well it's my turn to brag. As most of you know, my week has been a nightmare. But as bad as it was I managed to stay OP
I am so proud of myself. I feel like I could do anything right now.

I weighed today and have lost 2lbs so far this week (from Monday) I will measure myself on Sunday and see if they changed. And I'll give you a week total of weight loss on Monday.

Anyway, I feel Great right now.

And a big pat on the back to all who want to brag. You deserve it.

Bella23
Old 04-26-2002, 08:52 AM   #8  

Bella..BRAG away girl! You did have a nightmare week and you stayed OP. That in itself is a battle, and you succeeded. Congrats on the 2 lb loss!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:54 AM   #9  
Losin It For GOOD!

I think we all deserve big hugs, gold stars, and lots of other thinsg for having so many good things to brag about this week!! Yay for us!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:09 AM   #10  
Old Cackler

well, i'm down another 2-3 pounds this week [not sure, i weighed myself on a different doctor's scale and it's never been the same as the others, but it's still a loss anyway]

but the BEST surprise was yesterday's shoe buying expedition.

the new black leather sneakers are a half size smaller and two widths narrower than the last time i bought them [same shoe, same mfg!!!] two years ago!!!!

my biggest question is always whether or not i'm OP. i'm following what i'm supposed to do [water, protein shakes, 3-4 tablespoons of mostly protein foods plus a few bites of veg 2-3 times a day, no snacking, no soda, no caffeine, no sugar, very few carbs], but i'm not necessarily under 500 calories per day. definitely under 800, but not sure about 500.

maybe i shouldn't worry about it????? it's so little, no matter how you look at it.

and about the soda [pop] thing... i've heard that the bubbles expand your stomach. not sure it's true, but it might be. but no matter what, sickntired, you've done the right thing by cutting it out.

and bella, every journey begins with a single step, and you're doing GREAT!!!!!

and thanks for starting this thread, diva. it gave me a nice boost.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:20 AM   #11  
hot mom wanna be!

Talking Braggin'

Well, this is a great idea! I feel like bragging that I am finally back on track after a two week diet derailment! I have lost the few pounds I gained and then some more-my new total loss now is 42.6 pounds!!

lorelei
Old 04-27-2002, 09:18 AM   #12  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey Lorelei!!! GREAT For you!!! THat is AWESOME!! there is nothing better than posting a loss, and congrats on breaking the 40 lb barrier
Old 05-01-2002, 10:30 AM   #13  

jiffy...If buying a smaller shoe size doesn't make you feel good, I don't know what would!!! That is awseome!!

lorelei..Looks like you picked yourself back up and you're going in the right direction again. Woohoo!
Closed Thread